PDA

View Full Version : Pick up rental car at Disney, drop off MCO? and a new?

Fabooliss
12-19-2006, 03:00 PM
We are going to Tampa for 3 days at the end of our Disney trip, and want to rent a car and then drop it off at MCO when we fly out. None of the websites seem to want to let me do this. Most don't even acknowledge that I can pick up a car at Disney and I KNOW I can (Thanks to the DIS).
Can anyone help? :crazy:

NJDad18
12-19-2006, 03:07 PM
There is an Alamo/National rental counter at the Dolphin. I've rented from there. We had a reservation for a mid-size car and since they had none left we were upgraded to a large car.

Horace Horsecollar
12-19-2006, 03:29 PM
The major car rental companies, such as Hertz and Avis, have locations that serve WDW resorts, including complimentary shuttles. National/Alamo is on-site; the others are off-site.

Just be careful about the rate. Depending upon the company and the particular rate plan, you could pay a substantially higher rate. But there have also been reports of people spending the same or less than a rental that begins and ends at MCO.

OKW Lover
12-19-2006, 03:30 PM
Easlily done. For Avis, use LB3 (the Hilton in Hotel Plaza) as the code for the pick-up location and MCO for the drop off location.

Fabooliss
12-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Thanks, the code for Avis is exactly what I'm looking for. The problem seems to be that some of the companies list Disney as in Orlando, and others pick other towns. Such as Kissimmee or Lake Buena Vista. I'm gradually finding them all.

Fabooliss
12-20-2006, 07:53 AM
OK... new question! How long do I have to allow for picking up the car? We have 11am ADR's at 1900 Park Fare and want to pick the car up before we go. We will also need to put all our 'stuff' in the car as we are checking out that day.
Thanks!

NJDad18
12-20-2006, 08:42 AM
I would say at a minimum 1 hour. For all of the years that we have been going to Disney, Avis has always had higher rates than Alamo. We normally get a coupon from BJ's. Remember that with a car rental, you can cancel the reservation without any penalty. I think that my DW cancels and rebooks our car rental at least 3 times before we go on our trip. Sometimes you can get the best rates right on the company website. Another good place to look for car rental codes is the mousesavers site and the DIS Budget board.

Disneyjosh229
12-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Based on personal preference, I would recommend the Hertz at Shades of Green (They will pick you up at your resort) or the Avis at the Hilton DTD. Hertz is usually much higher then other companies, but with the right combonation of CDP's, or in my case, company discount codes, they usually compete with National or Avis' rates...

safetymom
12-21-2006, 05:23 AM
If you are a AAA member you can get a nice discount with Hertz.

eeyoresmom
12-21-2006, 06:53 AM
Try Dollar at the Grosevenor resort at DTD. They were very flexible with my April trip.