PDA

View Full Version : Marathon team mom needs to get

LindaBabe
12-18-2006, 08:33 PM
herself and ecv to the finish line from POP Century.

I will have a car and could possibly get luggage services to put ecv IN car, but have no idea how to get it out.

Could go by bus, but have been unable to get information on how early they start - and scared of gridlock.

Any ideas who to call? Who to ask? Where to go?

It was easy last year from a monorail resort, but I can't afford that this year. Will one of you transportation experts please advise the old lady?

ducklite
12-19-2006, 05:03 AM
There will be no one in the Epcot lot to take the ECV out for you. That's a day of medness. The best thing I could maybe suggest is take a bus to the MK, then transfer to the monorail. Unless your runner is doign a sub 3:00, as long as you leave plenty of time (I"d plan on a couple hours) you should have no problem reaching the finish before they do. (They take the back way around past FW to get to the MK where there aren't any runners)

That said, once you get there, unless you are there at the crack of dawn, you won't get to see the actual finish. To get to that spot you'd have to drive over a hilly, grassy area, and there are bleachers right in front of the finish that area jam packed.

You'd maybe be better watching them from Epcot just before they leave that park to go to the finish, then leaving Epcot and going around to the family meeting area--probably a good mile away.

Anne

LindaBabe
12-19-2006, 07:36 AM
I've abandoned any thought of seeing them running and heading straight for the finish. I have one who will place in the half, so the others will probably barely have reached the Magic Kingdom by the time he's done.

ducklite
12-19-2006, 07:55 AM
I've abandoned any thought of seeing them running and heading straight for the finish. I have one who will place in the half, so the others will probably barely have reached the Magic Kingdom by the time he's done.

The half is being run on Saturday, the full on Sunday. Which race are you referring to?

The bleacher area by the finish is simply not going to be accessible to you on an ECV if you get there later than about 6:30 am--which is not likely to happen for you. You must be at the finish at about the time they start in order to get a place right at the fence to see them cross, and it will be difficult to leave that area on an ECV until close to the five hour mark.

Anne

LindaBabe
12-19-2006, 05:30 PM
I have runners in both races, but obviously will have more time to get to the meet and greet for the full, so it's not of as great a concern.