PDA

View Full Version : MCO to Fort Myers any options?

TAKitty
12-18-2006, 11:29 AM
I am planning a summer trip to Orlando and we want to stop off and see my grandparents in Fort Myers.

Besides renting a car is there a shuttle bus that runs? Mapquest said it would be about a three hours drive. I am just trying to see how we can manage doing both.

Thanks!

Bob P
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
It is definitely a three hour drive. Renting a car would be the best way.

You could try calling Greyhound to see if they have service between the two cities (or maybe someone else here can answer that) but you'd still have to get to the bus station in Orlando and from the bus station in Fort Myers. It would probably be as expensive as renting a car too.

MELSMICE
12-18-2006, 11:49 AM
My parents are in Ft. Myers & we always rent a car. You could always fly into Ft. Myers, rent the car there, return it in Orlando & fly out of Orlando. That way you could see your grandparents first.

Disneyjosh229
12-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Its all of three hours. I usually prefer taking US-27 through South/Central Florida as it moves pretty constant at 60 mph. I know that Southwest Airlines has daily non stops between RSW and Orlando, which I would expect to be fairly cheap, but rental car is the cheapest way...

ducklite
12-18-2006, 06:24 PM
You do not want to go to the Orlando bus depot. In fact hitchhiking might be preferable.

Anne

TAKitty
12-19-2006, 06:38 AM
Thanks! We may just skip Fort Myers this time and see my grandparents when they come for my brother's graduation. Thanks for the help!

susan1
12-19-2006, 07:17 AM
You do not want to go to the Orlando bus depot. In fact hitchhiking might be preferable.

Anne

gosh, that sounds like gainesville bus station. i would rather walk through the streets of london!

Edd
12-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Safer!!!!

Jennyvelaz
12-19-2006, 08:40 PM
We frequently visit family and drive back up to Orlando. Depends on your schedule and the right price. Rental car is much easier but one time we had a luggage issue and it worked easier to fly!

NotUrsula
12-26-2006, 03:07 PM
You could fly it. SWA does at least 3 r/t's daily between MCO and Ft. Myers airport. The flight time is 45 minutes.