PDA

View Full Version : Intro From a Newbie - Hi I'm Lisa....

loopner67
12-18-2006, 08:39 AM
I'm not new to DisBoards - I've been poking around and checking on the park boards, resort board, restaurants board, etc... but only yesterday found the SB board and now this board.

I almost didn't jump right in since I'm going away for the holidays on Thursday and won't be back until after the New Year, but I just couldn't wait. :teeth:

Hi, I'm Lisa and I'm a 39 year old SAHM from Northeast PA. I've been married for 10+ years to my wonderful DH, Jim . He might have a job opportunity in NC, so we could potentially be moving down there, which is great because we spend a lot of time down in Myrtle Beach, SC (my parents and sister all live down there and DH's mom is moving there from FL). I have two children - Matthew is 8 and is in 3rd grade. Andrew is 6 and is in Kindergarten (half day).

I love to scrap. I've been scrapping since 1998, but didn't really get into it until 2000. I have albums for both of my boys, then my own family albums and then, of course, the Disney Albums.

I also am a huge TV Junkie, love to read when I have time, love crossword puzzles, am basically connected to my computer, love to golf (when/if I ever do this) and I bowl ever Wednesday morning.

And since this is a Disney Forum - I'll add that we weren't going to go back to WDW until Fall/Winter '07, but DH has decided we should go back in April this upcoming year. Wahoo! :cheer2: Let the planning begin!

That's enough from me. I'll try to keep poking around some and get my bearings. :3dglasses I look forward to getting to know you guys!

BernardandMissBianca
12-18-2006, 09:39 AM
HI Lisa, glad you found the living room!!! Welcome Home!

PrincessNancy96
12-18-2006, 09:40 AM
Hi Lisa!!
Welcome to the jungle!!!
I'm Nancy.. Married for 10 years to my DH..and we have 5 children, 4 boys and 1 girl.. Ranging in ages from 15- 6! My youngest is also in kindergarten (half days)... acutally I just picked him up from school today!
Hope to see you around the boards more often and maybe join in a swap or two or three.. we'll get you addicted pretty quick! Check out the swap calendar 2007 to see if anything peaks your interest!!!
Okay, off to put away some of the gifts I just bought and finalize the next list of what needs to be bought!
Have a great day!!! ;)

BernardandMissBianca
12-18-2006, 09:53 AM
Hi Lisa!!
Welcome to the jungle!!!
I'm Nancy.. Married for 10 years to my DH..and we have 5 children, 4 boys and 1 girl.. Ranging in ages from 15- 6! My youngest is also in kindergarten (half days)... acutally I just picked him up from school today!
Hope to see you around the boards more often and maybe join in a swap or two or three.. we'll get you addicted pretty quick! Check out the swap calendar 2007 to see if anything peaks your interest!!!
Okay, off to put away some of the gifts I just bought and finalize the next list of what needs to be bought!

Have a great day!!! ;)

Bout time you showed up!!! I was going to track you down if I didn't hear from you today. I didn't hear from you this weekend so I was getting worried. How's DH doing?

See Lisa we are pretty tight around here so if we don't here from you we get worried. We're a bunch of mother hens. :rotfl2:

PrincessNancy96
12-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Bout time you showed up!!! I was going to track you down if I didn't hear from you today. I didn't hear from you this weekend so I was getting worried. How's DH doing?

See Lisa we are pretty tight around here so if we don't here from you we get worried. We're a bunch of mother hens. :rotfl2:
Hey you!!! Off to shoot you a PM... things have been crazy, kids are here fighting, school wants this that and the other for parties.. HELLO? am I the only one you, the school, can call? Plus, I have to start on those scrapbook paper filled ornaments tonight.. and everyone has practices tonight..and .. you know....

goaliewife
12-18-2006, 09:57 AM
:welcome: Lisa,

Enjoy your time on the boards with us. Also enjoy your holiday away and have a very happy holiday :santa: and Happy New Year.

Come back and jump in when you get back.

AlexWyattMommy
12-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Hello Lisa! :cheer2:
I am a 38 SAHM with a DH of 10yrs, an 8 DS in 3rd grade and a 5 DS who missed the cut off for Kindergarten. My parents are from Northeast PA, me I'm a Yankee, NY that is. I've only scrapped two pages (still, I know, I'm pathetic, I'm working on it) but I am a total scrapaholic. Hope to see you in our swaps.

Nancy!! Whew, I was worried too. Glad you got some presents today. How many more to go? My job to keep you at it.

loopner67
12-18-2006, 10:48 AM

I've pulled up my big comfy chair and plan on getting acquainted as much as I can today and tomorrow, since Wed will start the madness. I love mother hen friends. They rock! :banana:

loopner67
12-18-2006, 10:50 AM
I am a 38 SAHM with a DH of 10yrs, an 8 DS in 3rd grade and a 5 DS who missed the cut off for Kindergarten. My parents are from Northeast PA, me I'm a Yankee, NY that is. I've only scrapped two pages (still, I know, I'm pathetic, I'm working on it) but I am a total scrapaholic. Hope to see you in our swaps.

:wave:

My youngest also missed the cut off and was home with me last year when he was five already. I honestly enjoyed that extra year with him just being home and he's *so* ready for K now! :)

You're very close to me. I'm right in the Poconos - 3 minutes from the bridge - and I'm really a NJ traitor who came over the border to buy a house since it's cheaper here. ;)

PrincessNancy96
12-18-2006, 10:59 AM

Nancy!! Whew, I was worried too. Glad you got some presents today. How many more to go? My job to keep you at it.
I'm half done... I just found the electronic soduko Cam wanted..and it was on sale for $5.00!!! Yeah, I scored with that one!!!
I went out this morning at 8:06 when DD got on the bus..and was back in town by 10:15am for kdg. pick up.... so I have to run out tomorrow to finish.. than it's on to wrapping...

PrincessNancy96
12-18-2006, 11:02 AM
I've pulled up my big comfy chair and plan on getting acquainted as much as I can today and tomorrow, since Wed will start the madness. I love mother hen friends. They rock! :banana:
Oh, quick warning.. there are some statements said at times that will result in the screen needing to be cleaned off from a spit out tea, soda, or even food.. so please keep a towel and wet wipe with you at all times when visiting!!! :)
Ok, off to start lunch and feed the natives that are here...so, what do you want to know about us? I forgot to mention in my post.. I'm also a SAHM!!

BernardandMissBianca
12-18-2006, 11:04 AM
:wave:

I'm really a NJ traitor

Me too!!!! I'm from Cape May!!!! :teeth:

I know where you live too! You're only about a 5 hour drive from here. That is if I go the right way next time! :rotfl2:

loopner67
12-18-2006, 11:11 AM
:welcome: Lisa,

Enjoy your time on the boards with us. Also enjoy your holiday away and have a very happy holiday :santa: and Happy New Year.

Come back and jump in when you get back.

Thanks for the warm welcome Vickie! :wizard:

loopner67
12-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi Lisa!!
Welcome to the jungle!!!
Have a great day!!! ;)

Hi Nancy! Jungles are fun! :teeth: Yes, once I get my bearings and check out the swap info, I'm sure I'll get involved. I can't control myself. :rotfl:

loopner67
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM

I know where you live too! You're only about a 5 hour drive from here. That is if I go the right way next time! :rotfl2:

Cape May is awesome! Are you still living down there? We were just down that way in early October. My one brother owns a house in Ocean City, so we borrow it for a weekend during the off season. We hit Cape May when they have that cool craft show right in the street. I must have a bratwurst from that one vendor guy! We also visited the Lighthouse this past time. :) I grew up in Northern NJ - in Morris County - and we only moved to PA 6 years ago. I feel like I have the best of both worlds here since I can be to the Rockaway Mall in 35 minutes! :)

loopner67
12-18-2006, 11:24 AM
Oh, quick warning.. there are some statements said at times that will result in the screen needing to be cleaned off from a spit out tea, soda, or even food.. so please keep a towel and wet wipe with you at all times when visiting!!! :)
Ok, off to start lunch and feed the natives that are here...so, what do you want to know about us? I forgot to mention in my post.. I'm also a SAHM!!

Hmm what do I want to know? Ummm everything?! :rotfl2:

I tend to crack jokes a lot, so keep those wipes handy! :smokin:

PrincessNancy96
12-18-2006, 11:35 AM
Hmm what do I want to know? Ummm everything?! :rotfl2:

I tend to crack jokes a lot, so keep those wipes handy! :smokin:
Good to know... you'll fit right in!!!! :) :thumbsup2

maria34a
12-18-2006, 12:27 PM

Buffy! You are from Cape May????? My family is from that area too!!!! I grew up in Cape May County!!! Sea Isle City!!!! Every Summer we spent 3 months there! No matter where my Dad was stationed, we went back home every year! Cool!!!!

maria34a
12-18-2006, 12:28 PM
I gotta know what is a SAHM???????? :confused3

maria34a
12-18-2006, 12:29 PM
Lisa,
Go back and read my post in the Scrapbook room!!!! You will laugh!!! :happytv: then come back! Welcome!!!!

PrincessNancy96
12-18-2006, 12:36 PM
I gotta know what is a SAHM???????? :confused3
Stay At Home Mom!

maria34a
12-18-2006, 12:53 PM
Stay At Home Mom!

I wish I was one of those!!!! I wish I was just half of one of those!!!! :rotfl2: Does dating someone with a son count???? :rotfl2: Hee! Hee! He is 5yrs old and really cute!!!

PrincessNancy96
12-18-2006, 12:57 PM
I wish I was one of those!!!! I wish I was just half of one of those!!!! :rotfl2: Does dating someone with a son count???? :rotfl2: Hee! Hee! He is 5yrs old and really cute!!!
Yes, they count... remember... the key to that.. if they are really, really bad you can say they aren't yours!! :lmao: No seriously, I have 2 stepsons...and I claim them.. considering they are over at my house more than they are anywhere else...and if they aren't here..they are calling... "can I have a ride, could you take me to school, I missed the bus, practice got canceled but I couldn't get to the bus..."...good thing we are about 3 blocks from the school.. if you can walk here.. I can help ya! :teeth:

maria34a
12-18-2006, 01:20 PM
OK, Here is my story and who I am!!!! Bet you all can't wait!!!! :lmao:

My name is Maria (the evil one) I am a Widow, I lost my husband almost 4 years ago and just this year doing great! Just this year started dating again and 4 months ago, met (I think) the one!!!! Yeah, he is kinda great, I think I will keep him as long as he wants to keep me! :rotfl2: Hopefully it will last, you never know! We are both 42 years old and he has a wonderful little 5 year old son named Thomas! We get to see him every other weekend and every Wednesday! Not enough time, but that's how the cookie crumbles! My life is great now and I love it! There was a time where I hated it... We will not go there... I was grieving I was in a difficult place.
I am back as my EVIL self and proud of it!!! :lmao:

I love my art and crave the creativity! This board is soooo addictive! But you will love it! The swaps so far have been great! I can honestly say that I would be proud to use anything I have received in any of my books! I have also participated in a card swap and all the cards were beautiful! I am actually using them all!!!! I am proud to use them! I have participated in other swaps from other boards on the web and was so dissapointed when I got the stuff back! I actually had to throw the stuff out it was so bad. I think about the time and money invested and it just sickens me. These girls are great though! They know quality! If you ask for them to try harder to think outside the box, its amazing what they come up with!!!! They are incredible!!!! (Notice I am not being EVIL here!!! :love: ) LOL It's Christmas time and I guess the spirit is hitting me! Enjoy it folks!!! :rolleyes1

I do have a swap addiction like all the other girls.... :rolleyes1 We will not discuss that here, we have a "special" place for that topic... :lmao:

I work full time for the Gov't and no I am not Military, just work for them!!!! I am a Civvie!!!! I am a Secretary and I work part time on and off for Stacy aka Caitsmama- (you will see her around the boards) she owns a store here in Tiverton that sells bath and body stuff!!! She makes her own products as well as bringing in top quality products. She has a beautiful store! Can you tell I am proud of her! She is also my best friend!!!! :goodvibes

By the way, good to hear from another person in PA!!!! My family also is from PA and we have lots of them in the Harrisburg area, Allentown area, Lancaster, Philadelphia, Media, I could go on and on!!!!

Again Welcome Lisa and hope you have lots of fun and hope to see you swapping with us addicts!!!!

Maria

BernardandMissBianca
12-18-2006, 01:42 PM
I'm originally from Cape May Courthouse, Coast Guard brat. I also lived in California and Hawaii. We now live in CT. My mom is from Villas, born a raised and my dad is from Mass. My grandma still lives in Villas so we go down either for spring break or in the summer.

I'll type more later! Got to get the kids from school. I'm sure Nan can fill you in and don't forget a description of our "moments". :rotfl2:

maria34a
12-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Yes, they count... remember... the key to that.. if they are really, really bad you can say they aren't yours!! :lmao: No seriously, I have 2 stepsons...and I claim them.. considering they are over at my house more than they are anywhere else...and if they aren't here..they are calling... "can I have a ride, could you take me to school, I missed the bus, practice got canceled but I couldn't get to the bus..."...good thing we are about 3 blocks from the school.. if you can walk here.. I can help ya! :teeth:

Yeah! I kinda like that! I can just say Manny he is your son... and just walk away!!! :lmao: LOL!!!! Look at the people around me and say I don't know who they are :confused3 Never saw them :confused3
Yes!!! Love it!!!! :lmao:

maria34a
12-18-2006, 01:50 PM
I'm originally from Cape May Courthouse, Coast Guard brat. I also lived in California and Hawaii. We now live in CT. My mom is from Villas, born a raised and my dad is from Mass. My grandma still lives in Villas so we go down either for spring break or in the summer.

I'll type more later! Got to get the kids from school. I'm sure Nan can fill you in and don't forget a description of our "moments". :rotfl2:

Ahhhhh... The description of the moments is in the Scrapbooking board room! That is where I first saw the introductions! So you will have to go there to see the post and then come back here to reply to it!!!!
Maria

BernardandMissBianca
12-18-2006, 02:50 PM
Alright I'm back! All of my xmas cards are in the mail!!! :cool1: YAY for me!

OK, Hi I'm Buffy I'm 33 :ssst: , and I'm a SAHD- D for DIS'er and a NAHM - never at home mom. Read on and you'll see why I'm never at home. ;) I have wonderful DH who is never home, his job takes him all over the world at least 45 weeks a year. We have been married for almost 14 years. I have 3 boys, 10, 6, and 5 and 1 little girl who is 9 months. They are the reason I am never home! LOL I am originally from NJ, have lived in CA, HI, GA, and now we live in CT.
As you know from my siggie I am the Swap Goddess and the Keeper of the Calendar, I'm also the lead sponsor for our Swap, Hoarder, Shopper, and Clutterer support groups. Occasionally I can be the Great Enabler too.

I won't torture you like some people :p and have you search forever for the definitions of our moments.
Having a "Nancy moment" is being blonde. See she is blonde and a little forgetful sometimes but anyone with 5 kids would be!
Having a "Maria Moment" is just being plain evil and :stir: stirring the pot. But we love her anyway!
Having a "Goddess moment" is a moment where you are in your glory.
I also coined the phrase "Fleeting moments of clarity" this is when our muse kicks in and we get really creative and it leads to a Goddess Moment.

So how do ya like us so far????? :goodvibes

Hey Maria if you ever want to be a mom for the day let me know, my kids can be yours!!!

loopner67
12-18-2006, 02:54 PM
Maria....I love that you shared so much info with me! It really helps me get to know you faster. Allentown, PA is only an hour south of here. I'm really sorry to hear about your husband, but your new beau sounds great. I, myself, am a stepmom and did those weekend visits for many years. My stepdaughter was 5 when I started dating my DH, then she was 8 when we got married. She's not 19 and living in NC. I can't say that being a stepmom has been my favorite role in my life, but it certainly has been interesting. pirate:

I really look forward to getting to know everyone here and to figure out the whole gist with the swaps! :woohoo:

loopner67
12-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Alright I'm back! All of my xmas cards are in the mail!!! :cool1: YAY for me!

OK, Hi I'm Buffy I'm 33 :ssst: , and I'm a SAHD- D for DIS'er and a NAHM - never at home mom. Read on and you'll see why I'm never at home. ;) I have wonderful DH who is never home, his job takes him all over the world at least 45 weeks a year. We have been married for almost 14 years. I have 3 boys, 10, 6, and 5 and 1 little girl who is 9 months. They are the reason I am never home! LOL I am originally from NJ, have lived in CA, HI, GA, and now we live in CT.
As you know from my siggie I am the Swap Goddess and the Keeper of the Calendar, I'm also the lead sponsor for our Swap, Hoarder, Shopper, and Clutterer support groups. Occasionally I can be the Great Enabler too.

I won't torture you like some people :p and have you search forever for the definitions of our moments.
Having a "Nancy moment" is being blonde. See she is blonde and a little forgetful sometimes but anyone with 5 kids would be!
Having a "Maria Moment" is just being plain evil and :stir: stirring the pot. But we love her anyway!
Having a "Goddess moment" is a moment where you are in your glory.
I also coined the phrase "Fleeting moments of clarity" this is when our muse kicks in and we get really creative and it leads to a Goddess Moment.

So how do ya like us so far????? :goodvibes

Hey Maria if you ever want to be a mom for the day let me know, my kids can be yours!!!

I am loving that you guys are sharing so much about yourselves with me. You've really rolled out a great welcoming mat. I might be able to add to the moments someday since I'm known to be forgetful. LOL. What's funny is I forget more real life things than I do anything I'm doing online. How does that happen? :teeth:

I really love those fleeting moments of clarity. I gotta get me some of those this week! :rotfl2:

Wow Buffy, you have your hands full AND your DH is gone a lot, huh?! Bet you are in that car of yours an awful lot. Such is a mother's life, some days, though! I love that you are a SAHD instead of just a SAHM. I really like that!

princess:

BernardandMissBianca
12-18-2006, 03:22 PM
I am loving that you guys are sharing so much about yourselves with me. You've really rolled out a great welcoming mat. I might be able to add to the moments someday since I'm known to be forgetful. LOL. What's funny is I forget more real life things than I do anything I'm doing online. How does that happen? :teeth:

I really love those fleeting moments of clarity. I gotta get me some of those this week! :rotfl2:

Wow Buffy, you have your hands full AND your DH is gone a lot, huh?! Bet you are in that car of yours an awful lot. Such is a mother's life, some days, though! I love that you are a SAHD instead of just a SAHM. I really like that!

princess:

Yeah as a mom I'm never home, PTO, cross country, soccer, taxi cab etc... As for the DIS'er part, I get withdrawal pains if I'm away from the computer. Our home computer broke and DH was using my laptop. I thought I was just gong to die!! I have openly admitted to my kids being late to school because I just had to type 1 more response.

New England Eeyore
12-18-2006, 03:28 PM
Hi Lisa and welcome! This is a fabulous board filled with lots of warm and funny and terrific ladies (and a guy or two every now and then!)

Stepmoms unite! I'm Suzanne, 28, and I live North of Boston. I have 3 teenage stepdaughters, almost 18, 16, and 14. I've been married for 4 and a half years, been with my DH for over 7 and we've been through every imaginable custody arrangement so I have my share of war stories. Right now they live with their mom but lately they've been spending almost every weekend here. There have been lots of ups and downs but for awhile now we've definitely been in an "up" swing so things are very good.

I've been scrapping for about 6 years now, been a Disney nut for the same amount of time. It was my first trip back to WDW as an adult that started my scrapping habit. Finding these boards has enabled me in more ways then one in that I spend WAY more time and money than I ever imagined on scrapping (and that dirty little addiction - SWAPS!) and the rest of the boards have contributed to me now making multiple trips to WDW per year!

PrincessNancy96
12-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Me too!!! I'm constantly on the run...between 5 kids, basketball practices for 4 of the 5 til January 8th and than all 5, cross country, soccer, track, spell bowl, yada, yada, and my volunteer in the community and school... I have to admit I keep DIS open on my browser all day for my random "drive by" posts!!! :)

New England Eeyore
12-18-2006, 03:31 PM
Hey Buffy, I see you have a new ticker. Are you taking the little princess for her birthday? That's terrific!

loopner67
12-18-2006, 04:06 PM
Hi Lisa and welcome! This is a fabulous board filled with lots of warm and funny and terrific ladies (and a guy or two every now and then!)

Stepmoms unite! I'm Suzanne, 28, and I live North of Boston. I have 3 teenage stepdaughters, almost 18, 16, and 14. I've been married for 4 and a half years, been with my DH for over 7 and we've been through every imaginable custody arrangement so I have my share of war stories. Right now they live with their mom but lately they've been spending almost every weekend here. There have been lots of ups and downs but for awhile now we've definitely been in an "up" swing so things are very good.

I've been scrapping for about 6 years now, been a Disney nut for the same amount of time. It was my first trip back to WDW as an adult that started my scrapping habit. Finding these boards has enabled me in more ways then one in that I spend WAY more time and money than I ever imagined on scrapping (and that dirty little addiction - SWAPS!) and the rest of the boards have contributed to me now making multiple trips to WDW per year!

Waving "Hi" To Suzanne. :wave:

Wow another stepmom! I don't think I've ever met so many all in one place before. lol. Glad to hear you're in an upswing right now. It's never easy. My stepdaughter's mother moved her to NC (we're in PA) the summer before her Senior Year in highschool. We don't see her as much anymore now . Definitely an adjustment.

LOL that you spent way too much time and money on scrapping now. I'm a self professed SB paper wh0re. I can tell how addicting these boards can be and I always come here to get my fix when I'm planning a trip (we should be going back in April). For me to also be able to chat about Scrapping here is just a huge, major bonus! AND now I see how fun and chatty you guys are and I know fate brought me here. DH just got home and asked if I did anything all day and I Couldn't admit that I was sitting here most of the time. My butt is someday going to stay attached to the computer chair. :rotfl2:

Wow, multiple trips in one year! Most of my friends think I'm totally insane (and rich) for going almost every year for the past couple of years. They obviously don't completely "get" the whole Disney pull, now do they? ;)

party of 3
12-18-2006, 04:27 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!
Well 1st off, Welcome Lisa! Glad to have you here with us. Next, I can't believe how much I have learned today about everyone. I thought I new alot, but come to find out I did not. So thanks to Lisa for starting this thread.
I'm Holly and I'm 41 and NOT a SAHM, but wish I was. I have a 4 year old son, who I just love to pieces!!! Sadly, I have to work, but I have managed to recently find a new job, (after 20 years) that will let me be home more. My dh and I were married for 18years before our little man came into our lives. I love my scrapbook "stuff", all things Disney, and of course Dr. McDreamy (who my dh calls my boyfriend!) I live in R.I. and always have. Nothing exciting there, but it's where I call home. The girls here on this board are all so nice, really. It's a nice little community. They always make me feel welcome. Even if I ask a stupid question!!!!!
So again, WELCOME to our home. how does the saying go???..... our casa, e
you casa!!!

BernardandMissBianca
12-18-2006, 04:36 PM
Hey Buffy, I see you have a new ticker. Are you taking the little princess for her birthday? That's terrific!

yep! I'm going through major withdrawal because we haven't really gone this year, just the short scrapping/dh's b'day trip. I miss my mouse! so now I'm the only one in the family who has not gone for a birthday. someday!!

Lisa, were very lucky to go 4 times last year. It was a fluke! we do aim for once or twice a year but that doesn't always happen. Our trip in April was from our tax return and our DS10 was at Sylvan learning, he finished ahead of schedule so we used that money too, August was just me and mom for a scrap convention at the Contemporary, Oct was a very short trip for DS6 band 5's birthdays, and Dec had been planned and paid for, for a year. plus with DH traveling so much we have the benefit of frequent flyer miles. we have to get something out of all that travel, right?!

ddavis860
12-18-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi Lisa :wave:

We are a friendly bunch here. Glad to see another Charmed fan too! :teeth:

maria34a
12-18-2006, 05:45 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!
Well 1st off, Welcome Lisa! Glad to have you here with us. Next, I can't believe how much I have learned today about everyone. I thought I new alot, but come to find out I did not. So thanks to Lisa for starting this thread.
I'm Holly and I'm 41 and NOT a SAHM, but wish I was. I have a 4 year old son, who I just love to pieces!!! Sadly, I have to work, but I have managed to recently find a new job, (after 20 years) that will let me be home more. My dh and I were married for 18years before our little man came into our lives. I love my scrapbook "stuff", all things Disney, and of course Dr. McDreamy (who my dh calls my boyfriend!) I live in R.I. and always have. Nothing exciting there, but it's where I call home. The girls here on this board are all so nice, really. It's a nice little community. They always make me feel welcome. Even if I ask a stupid question!!!!!
you casa!!!

Holly! Where in Rhode Island do you live? I live in Tiverton!!!! We are neighbors!!!! We might have to get together with New England Eeyore and Buffy the Sailor Slayor and have a party!!!! Or a crop!!!! :teeth:

StitchIsOurHero
12-18-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi again, Lisa! I posted a welcome on the other thread, but I thought I'd pop over here and introduce myself! :wave: I'm Brooke, and I turned 30 this past September in WDW! My DH & I just celebrated our 7th anniversary yesterday, and we live in East Tennessee. We don't have kids, but we have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I am a high school guidance counselor and cheerleading coach (the coach part had gone away for 7 months, and has recently been reinstated by powers beyond my control!!).

DH & I are both Disney addicts. We go about 2 times a year, and we just joined DVC last June. I have been scrapping for about 8 years, but I have just in the past couple of years become rededicated to it. . .this board does that to you!! I am a SWAP ADDICT. . .I have so many swap items, it is crazy! But, I love it!!

As everyone has said, people here are funny, friendly, and welcoming! We have a great time!! Welcome to our little corner of the board!!

party of 3
12-18-2006, 07:03 PM
Holly! Where in Rhode Island do you live? I live in Tiverton!!!! We are neighbors!!!! We might have to get together with New England Eeyore and Buffy the Sailor Slayor and have a party!!!! Or a crop!!!! :teeth:

hello maria! i live in cumberland, which is in the north east corner of the state. right on the massachusetts border. it's a nice litte town. i've only been to tiverton a few times, on our way to newport. we should get together, that would be fun! :cool1:

BernardandMissBianca
12-18-2006, 07:25 PM
hello maria! i live in cumberland, which is in the north east corner of the state. right on the massachusetts border. it's a nice litte town. i've only been to tiverton a few times, on our way to newport. we should get together, that would be fun! :cool1:

HHMM let's see DH says it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to Cranston. I can get to RI via Rt 6, or 138, 14 or 44. We should plan something after the holidays!

loopner67
12-18-2006, 07:39 PM
Good Afternoon Everyone!
you casa!!!

LOL! This happens on other boards I frequent . We don't always take the time to share stuff, do we? Wow, you were married a long time before having a child - that had to be a little culture shock-like! :teeth: I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy fan, so we'll get along very well! :)

loopner67
12-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Hi again, Lisa! I posted a welcome on the other thread, but I thought I'd pop over here and introduce myself! :wave: I'm Brooke, and I turned 30 this past September in WDW! My DH & I just celebrated our 7th anniversary yesterday, and we live in East Tennessee. We don't have kids, but we have 3 dogs and 2 cats. I am a high school guidance counselor and cheerleading coach (the coach part had gone away for 7 months, and has recently been reinstated by powers beyond my control!!).

DH & I are both Disney addicts. We go about 2 times a year, and we just joined DVC last June. I have been scrapping for about 8 years, but I have just in the past couple of years become rededicated to it. . .this board does that to you!! I am a SWAP ADDICT. . .I have so many swap items, it is crazy! But, I love it!!

As everyone has said, people here are funny, friendly, and welcoming! We have a great time!! Welcome to our little corner of the board!!

Thanks for posting over here, too. I *did* see your posts on the SB board. Wow, you're a teacher & a coach. That's fantastic. I always wish I had gotten my teaching degree. We've thought about DVC, but I have yet to convince DH. I'm working on him! I know I'll be your swap addict buddy before I know it. :teeth:

loopner67
12-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Hi Lisa :wave:

We are a friendly bunch here. Glad to see another Charmed fan too! :teeth:

Thanks for the welcome Debbie! I've only become a Charmed fan in the last couple of months. I've been watching reruns on TNT (either in the morning or in the afternoon). I keep missing some key episodes, so I keep watching and have to go back to the beginning and watch again. I'm addicted enough to watch episodes over and over again. I have never seen the episode where Pru dies. I will some day! What a goal I have. lol.

LOL at your commando swapaholic title. :teeth:

New England Eeyore
12-18-2006, 09:21 PM

I am always up for a road trip to meet fellow scrappers! (And it would be nice to mee the "Evil" Maria ;) )

ddavis860
12-18-2006, 09:53 PM
LOL at your commando swapaholic title. :teeth:

That was from a swap that was starting...and we all were laying in wait for sign ups to open, and our Dear Hostess (name withheld to protect the innocent) was at the store with her DH and we were waiting...and waiting....and waiting....and well, we got bored and started a secret mission...and well, it got really funny...

And now thanks to Britney Spears, it has a whole new meaning to me.... :lmao:

As for that Prue episode, sometimes they just jump right over it, I can't figure out why. My DS and I have been fans for years, and I am also a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan too. :teeth:

loopner67
12-18-2006, 10:12 PM
That was from a swap that was starting...and we all were laying in wait for sign ups to open, and our Dear Hostess (name withheld to protect the innocent) was at the store with her DH and we were waiting...and waiting....and waiting....and well, we got bored and started a secret mission...and well, it got really funny...

And now thanks to Britney Spears, it has a whole new meaning to me.... :lmao:

As for that Prue episode, sometimes they just jump right over it, I can't figure out why. My DS and I have been fans for years, and I am also a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan too. :teeth:

I spit coffee at the Britney Spears comment. :rotfl2:

Yah, I thought they skipped over the Prue episode and I just can't figure out why??? I hate that I watch all those weeks to see it, then they rip me off! I'm also off kilter because the morning episodes are like a season behind the afternoon episodes. I really should just chose one time of day to watch! Ha!

party of 3
12-19-2006, 06:10 AM
HHMM let's see DH says it takes 1 hour and 15 minutes to Cranston. I can get to RI via Rt 6, or 138, 14 or 44. We should plan something after the holidays!

yup cranston is about 15 minutes from me. my very best friend lives in cranston and my niece lives in johnston, which is the next town over. when we go to ct, we usually go rt 6. we do a antique truck show in colchester. we should do something after the holidays.

party of 3
12-19-2006, 06:11 AM
I am always up for a road trip to meet fellow scrappers! (And it would be nice to mee the "Evil" Maria ;) )

ROAD TRIP!!! every time i see the "evil maria" i start singing....there's something about maria!!!! what's that from???? the sound of music, maybe????

party of 3
12-19-2006, 06:17 AM
LOL! This happens on other boards I frequent . We don't always take the time to share stuff, do we? Wow, you were married a long time before having a child - that had to be a little culture shock-like! :teeth: I'm a huge Grey's Anatomy fan, so we'll get along very well! :)

yes we were married a long time before the love of my life came, but he is just such a blessing. i never thought it would happen. we did everything we wanted to do when it was just us. i really did not even know what i was missing. it is funny that my best friend daughter is 22 and about to have a baby. so she's almost a grandmother and i'm a mother of a 4yr old. so it goes. most of my friends kids are all about that age (20ish) so John has brought so much joy to everyone. we all get to enjoy him.

AlexWyattMommy
12-19-2006, 06:45 AM
ROAD TRIP!!! every time i see the "evil maria" i start singing....there's something about maria!!!! what's that from???? the sound of music, maybe????

West Side Story

I think....

BernardandMissBianca
12-19-2006, 06:45 AM
yup cranston is about 15 minutes from me. my very best friend lives in cranston and my niece lives in johnston, which is the next town over. when we go to ct, we usually go rt 6. we do a antique truck show in colchester. we should do something after the holidays.

Not to far from Colchester myself, I usually hit the Starbucks in town when I'm that way. Let me know the next time you're in town.

PrincessNancy96
12-19-2006, 10:57 AM

I know who it was! I know who it was!! :wave: Hey, we probably should post her a reminder that she can NOT go out with her DH on her upcoming signups that her and her co-hostess need to be together!!

PrincessNancy96
12-19-2006, 10:58 AM
[B]I spit coffee at the Britney Spears comment. :rotfl2:

See!! I told you that you need to have the wet wipes handy & a towel!!! ;) :teeth: :rotfl:

ddavis860
12-19-2006, 11:09 AM
I know who it was! I know who it was!! :wave: Hey, we probably should post her a reminder that she can NOT go out with her DH on her upcoming signups that her and her co-hostess need to be together!!

SHHHHHHHHH..... :rolleyes1

Yup, we don't want a repeat... Dh's just don't understand :confused3

maria34a
12-19-2006, 12:45 PM

Ah yes the EVIL Maria :stir: Right here in Tiverton!!!! Just 15-20 min from Providence!!!

We will have to get together after the holidays!!!!!

maria34a
12-19-2006, 12:47 PM
West Side Story

I think....

I think it just goes with the name, Just don't know what to do with a girl like Maria!!!! :lmao:

maria34a
12-19-2006, 12:48 PM
I spit coffee at the Britney Spears comment. :rotfl2:

Yah, I thought they skipped over the Prue episode and I just can't figure out why??? I hate that I watch all those weeks to see it, then they rip me off! I'm also off kilter because the morning episodes are like a season behind the afternoon episodes. I really should just chose one time of day to watch! Ha!

Just ask me anything! I think I have seen every episode!!!! LOL!!!! Kinda like the witch and vampire shows :rolleyes1 Not sure why????

jennyL
12-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Just had a chance to catch up with this thread.

First off WELCOME!!!!

I'm Jenny and I live in Cary, NC. Where are you thinking of moving to down here? My DH and I have been married for 2.5 years and just moved into our first home this summer. We love it but there is still so much work to do even with a new construction. I love scrapbooking, card making, watching tv, and reading miscellaneous entertainment gossip. LOL My DH always says I'm a wealth of useless knowledge. We have no kids yet but have recently started trying so maybe soon. I have one dog Loki and a cat Kali. They love the new house but Loki is having some adjustment issues.

I normally go to Disney with my mom and sister. She's 20 years younger then me but we have a great time. No trips planned for right now but hopefully we'll get back next year sometime. We were thinking of a quick March trip but my step-father just called the other day to see if it was ok to send the three of us to the Mall of America for our Christmas present at the end of February. He wants it to be a surprise for my mom but he needed to talk to me since he has no idea of scheduling. Of course I said it would be a great present. Who wouldn't want to go shopping for a couple days?

loopner67
12-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Just had a chance to catch up with this thread.

First off WELCOME!!!!

I'm Jenny and I live in Cary, NC. Where are you thinking of moving to down here? My DH and I have been married for 2.5 years and just moved into our first home this summer. We love it but there is still so much work to do even with a new construction. I love scrapbooking, card making, watching tv, and reading miscellaneous entertainment gossip. LOL My DH always says I'm a wealth of useless knowledge. We have no kids yet but have recently started trying so maybe soon. I have one dog Loki and a cat Kali. They love the new house but Loki is having some adjustment issues.

I normally go to Disney with my mom and sister. She's 20 years younger then me but we have a great time. No trips planned for right now but hopefully we'll get back next year sometime. We were thinking of a quick March trip but my step-father just called the other day to see if it was ok to send the three of us to the Mall of America for our Christmas present at the end of February. He wants it to be a surprise for my mom but he needed to talk to me since he has no idea of scheduling. Of course I said it would be a great present. Who wouldn't want to go shopping for a couple days?

Wow Jenny. Small world. If we moved down there, I'd be very close to you. Holly Springs. My husband's company, Novartis Pharmaceuticals, just bought a huge track of land in that town and they are building a brand new vaccine facility there. So below Raleigh is where we are looking! I have my fingers crossed since we'd then only be 3 hours from Myrtle Beach (we have a vacation home there). It would be wild if I moved there, then I'd want to meet you! I have another online SB friend who lives near Garner and she goes to crops about once a month. We could meet and do something like that some day! :)

Wanna hear a funny? My Dh's ex moved to Fuquay Varina a few years back (right before Stepdaughter's Senior Year). We were very unhappy about the move. Anyway.... if we moved to Holly Springs, we would be like 10 minutes away. How ironic for her to move 600 miles away from her ex-husband, only to have his company build a facility so close and have us move there. :rotfl2:

jennyL
12-19-2006, 02:09 PM
You would be very close. The building was big news here a couple months ago. Holly Springs is still pretty small so that was big news for them to get a company like that.

If you move this way we will definetly have to meet up. I've only ventured to Holly Springs a couple times but I know one of the guys that works with me lives out that way.

maria34a
12-19-2006, 02:11 PM
I have to agree that is great! Your husband must be laughing his *** off!!!! :lmao: See???? Evil works in mysterious ways!!!!! :stir:

Maria

KAMommy
12-19-2006, 03:00 PM
I just had the MOST fun reading this thread. It so beats working on all the paper scattered around my desk right now! :rotfl2:

I am Cherie and I am addicted to this board. Admission is the first step, you know. I started on the DIS by haunting the cruise board before our first Disney Cruise. I found these boards about a year ago and got hooked. I have 2 kids, 12 and 7 and have been with DH for 19 years (married for 16 1/2). I changed jobs this year and am now the happy Controller for an architectural and real estate development firm DH and another gentleman started about 2 years ago.

Welcome to our little corner. :wave:

OH, and I know who bailed on the swap sign ups, too. It really was all her DH's fault! Since we are planning on spending New Years together (at least I assume we are) we will make sure our sign ups are timely!

PoohBearLovinMama
12-19-2006, 03:33 PM
Wow, see what happens when I try to get my house in order for a few days. I miss all the fun! No more house cleaning for me! :lmao:

Hi Lisa, welcome! :wave: I'm Candy. I'm 29 and a SAHM to my 2 girls Brooklynn and Molly. Brooklynn's almost 4 and Molly is 14 months. I've been Married to my wonderful Dh for almost 6 years now. I love scrapping, card making, watching TV (I think it's a prerequisite to like Grey's Anatomy here. :teeth: ) and of course going to WDW as much as possible!

You're not too far from me and actually I was born in Philadelphia, but now I live in Upstate NY. I think I'm going to crash the New Englanders crop party. Shhh, don't tell them. ;)

saucymb
12-19-2006, 04:07 PM
I think you'll really like the Raleigh area! I was born and raised near Raleigh, and though we moved to the Charlotte area two years ago, we are positive we will be "back home" in the next couple of years! Fuquay is our intended target.

I'm Mary Beth, and though I've been MIA on these boards for the past few weeks, I have checked in from time to time and I can assure you that these ladies rock! I'm also a SAHM to Jonah, who is nearly 9 months old and is just the yummiest baby I could have ever imagined. We just returned Saturday from WDW, Jonah's first trip of course. It was great for the first three days, but the food poisening that put me in the ER Friday night was not so great! But I'm much better now.

I'm a scrapbooker, and have recently begun sewing as well. I host our monthly Ladies Craft Night in our neighborhood. It's starting off slowly, but more and more people come each month. We have some knitters, cross-stitchers, and scrappers coming, and hopefully we'll have other hobbyists visit.

Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll love this one, what with all the fantastic folks. Take care!

BernardandMissBianca
12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Wow, see what happens when I try to get my house in order for a few days. I miss all the fun! No more house cleaning for me! :lmao:

Hi Lisa, welcome! :wave: I'm Candy. I'm 29 and a SAHM to my 2 girls Brooklynn and Molly. Brooklynn's almost 4 and Molly is 14 months. I've been Married to my wonderful Dh for almost 6 years now. I love scrapping, card making, watching TV (I think it's a prerequisite to like Grey's Anatomy here. :teeth: ) and of course going to WDW as much as possible!

You're not too far from me and actually I was born in Philadelphia, but now I live in Upstate NY. I think I'm going to crash the New Englanders crop party. Shhh, don't tell them. ;)

You better show up!!! And bring the Wishblade too will ya?!

And I was trying to find the old re-con thread but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody else have any luck??

P.S. DH and I are looking into NC as well. He was born and raised in Ga and he loves it down there. Plus ever since I had DD I can't do cold anymore. :confused3

ddavis860
12-19-2006, 06:21 PM
And I was trying to find the old re-con thread but I can't find it anywhere. Anybody else have any luck??

Just bumped it up...too funny :rotfl2:

BernardandMissBianca
12-19-2006, 06:27 PM
yipee!!!!

KAMommy
12-19-2006, 08:11 PM
I think you'll really like the Raleigh area! I was born and raised near Raleigh, and though we moved to the Charlotte area two years ago, we are positive we will be "back home" in the next couple of years! Fuquay is our intended target.

I'm Mary Beth, and though I've been MIA on these boards for the past few weeks, I have checked in from time to time and I can assure you that these ladies rock! I'm also a SAHM to Jonah, who is nearly 9 months old and is just the yummiest baby I could have ever imagined. We just returned Saturday from WDW, Jonah's first trip of course. It was great for the first three days, but the food poisening that put me in the ER Friday night was not so great! But I'm much better now.

I'm a scrapbooker, and have recently begun sewing as well. I host our monthly Ladies Craft Night in our neighborhood. It's starting off slowly, but more and more people come each month. We have some knitters, cross-stitchers, and scrappers coming, and hopefully we'll have other hobbyists visit.

Welcome to the boards! I'm sure you'll love this one, what with all the fantastic folks. Take care!

Mary Beth, I am so sorry you were sick in the World. Our last trip, I was fighting and IBS flare-up and spent some time in a dark room between bathroom trips while the rest of the group was in the park. That is just no fun. I hope you are feeling better.

loopner67
12-19-2006, 08:13 PM
I just had the MOST fun reading this thread. It so beats working on all the paper scattered around my desk right now! :rotfl2:

I am Cherie and I am addicted to this board. Admission is the first step, you know. I started on the DIS by haunting the cruise board before our first Disney Cruise. I found these boards about a year ago and got hooked. I have 2 kids, 12 and 7 and have been with DH for 19 years (married for 16 1/2). I changed jobs this year and am now the happy Controller for an architectural and real estate development firm DH and another gentleman started about 2 years ago.

Welcome to our little corner. :wave:

OH, and I know who bailed on the swap sign ups, too. It really was all her DH's fault! Since we are planning on spending New Years together (at least I assume we are) we will make sure our sign ups are timely!

Hi Cherie! I definitely saw posts from you over on the scrapping board (as I slowly, but surely get to know all of your usernames *and* RL names). I started on Dis Boards about a year ago, too. Right before our trip in March. I really can't believe that I'm just finding these boards now!

KAMommy
12-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Hi Cherie! I definitely saw posts from you over on the scrapping board (as I slowly, but surely get to know all of your usernames *and* RL names). I started on Dis Boards about a year ago, too. Right before our trip in March. I really can't believe that I'm just finding these boards now!

If you've ever hung out on the community boards, you might know DH, too. He is GoofyDad869. He used to laugh at me for loving the DIS, but now his post count surpasses mine by a LOT! :rotfl2:

loopner67
12-19-2006, 08:22 PM

Hi Candy! :wave: Oh yes, Grey's is one of my fave shows. I can't wait to dish with you guys when new episodes start airing again. Funny - I was actually born in upstate NY (near Schenectady - I think Niscayuna hospital). LOL about you crashing the NE crop! You go girl.

loopner67
12-19-2006, 08:24 PM

Hi Mary Beth! How cool - I'd live close to you if I moved down there. Yeah, we think we'd really like it there, too. We've never wanted to move to Myrtle Beach, just vacation there, so it will be nice to be close, but not that close.

So sorry to hear you were sick in WDW! That couldn't have been fun. (((((((hugs))))))

PoohBearLovinMama
12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Hi Candy! :wave: Oh yes, Grey's is one of my fave shows. I can't wait to dish with you guys when new episodes start airing again. Funny - I was actually born in upstate NY (near Schenectady - I think Niscayuna hospital). LOL about you crashing the NE crop! You go girl.

Wow, that is so funny! I live about 15 minutes north of Schenectady. Small world.

I am impatiently waiting for the new Grey's to start airing. And Lost too! and about a hundred other show's. :blush: :blush:

maria34a
12-20-2006, 10:58 AM

Ahhh the EVIL Maria has super sonic hearing powers!!!!! I heard that!!!! :listen:

We wouldn't mind a crasher!!!!! The more the merrier!!!!

loopner67
12-20-2006, 12:18 PM
Wow, that is so funny! I live about 15 minutes north of Schenectady. Small world.

I am impatiently waiting for the new Grey's to start airing. And Lost too! and about a hundred other show's. :blush: :blush:

Wow that's really close. I only lived there until I was almost 2, so I don't remember it.

I'm a *huge* LOST fan, so we can dish about that show, too. I'm in total withdrawal for that show and very mad that they moved it to 10pm when it finally comes back on. I want to see repeats before it comes back to refresh my memory!

PoohBearLovinMama
12-20-2006, 03:13 PM
Oh no! I didn't know it came on at 10. :crazy: That's just crazy! Guess I'll be staying up Wed nights.

ddavis860
12-20-2006, 06:05 PM
Wow that's really close. I only lived there until I was almost 2, so I don't remember it.

I'm a *huge* LOST fan, so we can dish about that show, too. I'm in total withdrawal for that show and very mad that they moved it to 10pm when it finally comes back on. I want to see repeats before it comes back to refresh my memory!

10pm? I didn't know that. My DS and I are big fans too. He will be happy about the new time, he usually doesn't get home from work till 920, and I spend comercials catching him up, so this will work out great for him.

I can't wait till all my shows are back again :happytv: