PDA

View Full Version : Bus Question

GalDisney
12-17-2006, 08:44 PM
I have had only a few occassions to use the Disney buses and have a few questions about them. Why don't the buses have more seats, more like a school bus type set up. I like the way the seating is arranged but i think they could use more seats. And why do they have people stand? That seems dangerous to me. If the bus driver had to make a hard stop or hard turn or had to take evasive action to prevent an accident, there would be people flying all over the buses. Just doesnt seem safe to me. PLus when the buses are SRO it is very crowded and uncomfortable. I feel like cattle lol

ztbz
12-17-2006, 09:31 PM
The reason they do not have more seats is because Disney can get more people on a bus (legally up to 72 persons) by having some folks stand up, rule of thumb normally a bus has 35 to 40 people seated and 30 to 35 persons standing. Disney could have no one standing but to do that they would need to double the fleet of buses (275 buses) and double the amount of bus drivers too.

:santa:

We_Love_Disney
12-17-2006, 09:34 PM
I think they should take the seats out, and have everyone stand. More people could fit then.

I Love Pluto
12-18-2006, 04:33 AM
Standing on a bus is impossible for some people with physical limitations. We always wait for the next bus if there is no seat.

seashoreCM
12-18-2006, 09:00 AM
It is true that more people can fit into a given space (of so many square feet) when the people are standing.

This is also true at parades. When the CM's leading the parade tell everybody at the curb to push back to widen the clear street space, these people in the frontmost "rows" "have to" stand up.

A second reason why transit buses have fewer seats is to allow wider aisles for quicker boarding and alighting. This does not really apply at WDW because there are not numerous stops, say, every block, where people are constantly trying to squeeze past one another to get on or off.

Disney hints:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disney.htm

goofy4tink
12-18-2006, 01:07 PM
Don't forget that the buses have to have the capacity to load the wheelchairs and ECV's of the guests. Add all those strollers to the mix and it just doesn't work to have school bus type buses.

Chip 'n Dale Express
12-18-2006, 06:07 PM
Most of what you're thinking is pure optical illusion.

The perimiter seating only reduces seating by 4 seats, versus an all forward facing configuration. (Allowing for the legally required 2 ADA wheelchair accessible spaces) The benefits of the perimiter seating is the huge aisle, which allows for easier management of bulky strollers, and yes, it also does allow more room for folks to stand.

wishes_do_cometrue
12-18-2006, 07:52 PM
hey i like the big isles 2 they are roomy and i like how some of the buses have cushin on the seats :woohoo: !!!!!!
Well i have had problems in the buses were there was no room in the isels and i had to wait for another bus :moped:

:dumbo: :fish: