PDA

View Full Version : The I Love BWV (yes, Hallways and Clown Pool too!) Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

kathleena
12-16-2006, 09:53 PM
OK, so here is a thread just for BWV lovers to discuss our favorite place in the world. I'll start:

I just got back from 8 days in a SV Studio #4081. It was perfect (except for the little kids next door watching cartoons every day at 6:30am). Had a great view of the fireworks over the Inn. The sleep sofa was the new style, very comfy and so easy to open. I had a terrible cold so was coughing all night - I slept on the sofa so I wouldn't wake DH so much. With the old style sofa, I never would have lasted the week! And the queen bed is now a pillowtop! Yay!!!!!

But what I loved the most - the lobby at Christmas. New decorations this year - still the same style old blown glass - but so much more too. They have added ribbons and bow and cute decorative ornaments.

And they also had entertainment in the lobby - we listened to a quartet of guitarists - they appeared to be High School age. They were wonderful.

And that great BoardWalk entertainment.

Oh and the bakery has counter service credit meals. They have a great fruit plate with yogurt and my DH loved the roast beef sandwich. They had other stuff also. You can take the more expensive desserts as either the dessert or a snack credit. I sure had my fill of fruit tarts this week! And the fruit plate was great for breakfast!

Let's talk BoardWalk!

Happy Birthday Cat
12-16-2006, 10:35 PM
Let's talk BoardWalk!

I'm here for you.

We were there at Thanksgiving and noticed the new decorations as well. My 6'4" DS loved the new pull out sofa so much he wants one for his room at home. I have to agree that it is a huge improvement over the one before. We will be back next week and can't wait.

And it is so nice either walking and/or jogging around Crescent Lake.

HBC

LisaS
12-16-2006, 10:36 PM
We just got back a few days ago. The lobby decorations were beautiful! We checked out the holiday decorations at several resorts this trip and the BW lobby was one of the prettiest! I think my DH got tired of hearing me say "Just look at those beautiful ornaments" every time we walked through the BW lobby. :rotfl: On our last day when we were waiting for the DME bus to take us to the airport, I ran back into the lobby for one last look!

mickey mouse lover
12-16-2006, 11:01 PM
We stayed at Board Walk Villas in May. I dearly loved it. We had a good view. We were looking over the back entrance from where you drive in where we could see the comings and goings of everybody. We also could see some of the boardwalk and lake. It just gave you a good feeling to be there. But, hey, it's Disney. Don't you get a good feeling everywhere there?

pixiechick
12-17-2006, 07:06 AM
We own at BCV, but we :love: Boardwalk! We used up our points before deciding to take a Christmas trip. Thanks to an AP discount, we'll be staying on the Inn side later this week.

We've already planned for our Christmas slide out of the "scary clown's" mouth!
Can't wait, it's my favorite resort.

NMW
12-17-2006, 08:21 AM
BWV is our hands down favorite!! We usually go early Dec, but this year we went in late Oct and missed the Christmas decorations. I've been so bummed about it, DH and I watched our DVD's from our Dec 2005 trip to make me feel better. We are going back to Dec in 2007!

The new sleeper sofas are great. My kids said it was very comfy and better than the old kind. Our king mattress was pillow-top also and very nice.

As usual, the room was spotless, housekeeping brought extra towels and pillows about 15 minutes after my call, every CM in the lobby was awesome, oh and the bellmen were great too!

We did standard view this time and I thought I'd miss the boardwalk view so much. I really didn't. We were on the 4th floor and faced the entrance and Epcot. We really thought it was nice and it was WAY less points. :teeth: We are doing a 2 bdr boardwalk view in Dec 2007, but that's mostly for my kids. They love watching the friendship boats and the people on the boardwalk.

I have never minded the hallways. I'd much rather be inside one huge building than walking outside from building to building. That's the one thing that bothers me about the POLY and swayed me to agree with DH that yes, Epcot resorts are the best-he never wants to stay anywhere else!

We went into the DVC sales center one afternoon. The very hot topic was the AKL. It's all anyone was asking the guide about. The guide was very nice and tried to talk to DH about adding on at SSR. DH told him that he will ONLY buy more BWV points-he laughed and offered to get our guide on the phone for us!

gtrist4life
12-17-2006, 08:23 AM
The Boardwalk is our home resort and we'll there again in March! Even though it's just two nights I can't wait to show the Out-laws....I mean In-laws ;) our home away from home. I know they'll like sitting in the big comfy chair in the entrance way :) and we really like Luna Park, Leaping Libations, and the quiet pool too!

WDWLVR
12-17-2006, 08:59 AM
BWV is our home resort and our favorite as well. We have a 2 night stay in a one bedroom standard view for both before and after the Member cruise in October.

To me the furnishing just say welcome home and I feel so comfortable there.

Love being able to walk to Epcot and MGM.

We love trying other resorts as well even non DVC ones (just came back from the Poly). Yet I love staying at Boardwalk and I'm looking forward to October.

KristineN
12-17-2006, 10:58 AM
You guys made my day!!

We just put in an offer for 100 points at BWV. It was fun to read all the positive comments about the place.

Cross your fingers for me that it passes ROFR.

Kristine

crazywig
12-17-2006, 01:45 PM
BWV is our home resort as well. we just got back from a 1br standard view (#4103, so those weren't my kids Katheen! ;) ) the new sofabeds are really nice, my teenage niece slept on it all week with no complaints.

for me, it's the location. i love being able to walk right over to Epcot at any time. it's become my second favorite park :). Boardwalk view is the best.

oh, we stayed two nights at the Yacht Club prior to moving over to BWV, and man, they got some hallways over there too :rotfl: .

KristineN
12-17-2006, 01:46 PM
how long would you say the walk is over to epcot?

crazywig
12-17-2006, 01:52 PM
hrm...10 mins from the boatdock to the Int'l gateway? maybe not even that long. generally we're pushing strollers so we tend to walk fast.

it's funny you ask because every trip i swear i'm going to time it and i never remember! :)

disney junky
12-17-2006, 02:18 PM
I just want to add my support to this thread....love it. :thumbsup2

kathleena
12-17-2006, 03:13 PM
Kristine - sending PD for your ROFR passing! :wizard:

And the walk to the IG is short!!!!!! I've never timed it either, but I know it's always over quickly. If a boat isn't visible at or near the YC/BC, then you better off walking!

KristineN
12-17-2006, 03:16 PM
I wonder if it is comparable to the walk from the Dolphin to MGM?? I did that a couple of times...I have to tell you guys that I found it to be a sorta long walk...although maybe because it was very hot then.

KristineN
12-17-2006, 03:17 PM
Thank you so much! We are soooo excited. (But nervous, I HATE the waiting game)

Kristine - sending PD for your ROFR passing! :wizard:

And the walk to the IG is short!!!!!! I've never timed it either, but I know it's always over quickly. If a boat isn't visible at or near the YC/BC, then you better off walking!

crazywig
12-17-2006, 04:29 PM
i'd say the walk from the Swan to MGM is considerably longer than from BWV to the gateway.

Juliet25
12-17-2006, 04:34 PM
BWV is my home resort, but I haven't visited yet. I took a trip to BCV and waved "hello," but I didn't have a chance to see it up close. However, we are going "home" in May.

Glad to hear good things about it. TBH, we chose this resort for the SV room option, otherwise we couldn't afford to stay in a one-bedroom very often! :bitelip:

rie'smom
12-17-2006, 05:36 PM
We chose BWV as our home resort even though we've never been to any of the DVC places. On our May trip,we went past the boardwalk in a launch. My hubby said he liked the look of it. I was totally shocked when he gave me points for Christmas. My first trip home in scheduled for the end of May as a 7th graduation present for my daughter. I can't wait!!!!

KristineN
12-17-2006, 07:14 PM
I am excited to hear that!

i'd say the walk from the Swan to MGM is considerably longer than from BWV to the gateway.

Tigger031266
12-17-2006, 07:38 PM
The BWV is the best place simply in the world. We bought at BCV and SSR but when we were ready to add on again, I had no interest in any other hotel.

The Boardwalk is the amazing. I can feel the atmosphere and hear the sounds. Just a short stroll to the countries of Epcot.

If I could, I would trade all my points for BWV points.

Tink-n-Belle
12-17-2006, 07:49 PM
Our Family loves the BWV too. We even paid extra to make it our "HOME".

I love the BW view!! However, the standard view rooms aren't too bad either.

Love the lower points for the standard view rooms!

Love the location!!

I love the pool slide and hot tub!

COmmunity Hall!

4 Minute boat ride to Epcot!

The BW entertainment!

The bakery, sweet shop & pizza counter!!

Love going out on the boardwalk to watch illuminations (the days we go home early)

All the hustle and bustle of the BW!!!

kathleena
12-17-2006, 08:34 PM
I wonder if it is comparable to the walk from the Dolphin to MGM?? I did that a couple of times...I have to tell you guys that I found it to be a sorta long walk...although maybe because it was very hot then.

It's definately much shorter than that!

disneyeveryyear
12-17-2006, 09:02 PM
We own at SSR, but have only stayed at OKW and BWV.

We spent a week at BWV in a 1BR standard view room in August, 2006. We really enjoyed our stay.

Someday when we add on, I'd like to think BWV could be in my future. For now, I know I can rent/trade points.

dis-happy
12-17-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks for the great TR Kathleena! We stayed in room 4083 a couple of weeks ago and loved the location (our first time in a SV room)---I think it may have been the connecting 1 b/r to your studio! I loved watching the fireworks and hearing the music the one night we were in the room during that time. The BWV's are the best!!!! :sunny:

LisaS
12-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Here are a couple of photos of the lobby, taken last Wednesday. The photos don't really do it justice -- the lobby decorations were gorgeous! The garlands were just loaded with beautiful ornaments.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/81115BW_Checkin_4x6.JPG

http://www.wdwinfo.com/photopost/data/500/81115BW_Fireplace_4x6.JPG

jiggerj
12-18-2006, 07:45 AM
Thank you so much for sharing and posting the pics LisaS! They are BEAUTIFUL! :goodvibes

I love getting up VERY early and strolling the Boardwalk...Peaceful, quiet with the occasional friendly jogger doing their morning runs. Walking into the Bakery first thing and having a cup of coffee and bringing back Breakfast Burritos for my sleepy family.

I also love the BellVue Lounge! Great place for a quiet drink and a wonderful area to get together with other DVC owner friends. :wave:

After all the "quietness" of the morning I love the "busy-ness" ;) of the eve. Sitting on your Boardwalk View balcony with Spaceship Earth illuminatied while the arcade games are being played. Sitting and relaxing in your pajamas with a nice drink of choice watching Illuminations....

sniff...sniff....I wanna go home NOW! :rotfl:

Cinderella2004
12-18-2006, 07:51 AM
I love getting up VERY early and strolling the Boardwalk...Peaceful, quiet with the occasional friendly jogger doing their morning runs. Walking into the Bakery first thing and having a cup of coffee and bringing back Breakfast Burritos for my sleepy family.

After all the "quietness" of the morning I love the "busy-ness" ;) of the eve. Sitting on your Boardwalk View balcony with Spaceship Earth illuminatied while the arcade games are being played. Sitting and relaxing in your pajamas with a nice drink of choice watching Illuminations....

sniff...sniff....I wanna go home NOW! :rotfl:

Sounds fabulous!!! I love to do this too. Although our first trip to the Boardwalk isn't until February. I can't wait!!!

Does anyone know what a garden/pool view is??? Is that good? My DH's boss gave us her points this year for our trip. I'm sooooooo excited, I can hardly breathe...lol!!!

Granny
12-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Well, I hope I'm able to post on this thread after being on the VWL Lover's thread too! I am an owner at BWV, and a firm believer of BWYWTSTM so that should be good credentials I hope. :goodvibes

BWV has a great ambience (yes, we're all about theming) and of course the location is super too. The Boardwalk itself is lovely, and I enjoy how it comes to life especially right after Illuminations lets out.

We will be sorely disappointed if they close ESPN Club, but I don't want negatives in this post.

All in all, it is such a lovely resort, and the long hallway thing is way overblown. Probably helps that I'm not toting little ones after a long day in the parks though. :)

Does anyone know what a garden/pool view is??? Is that good? My DH's boss gave us her points this year for our trip. I'm sooooooo excited, I can hardly breathe...lol!!!
Wow, your DH's boss should qualify for Boss of the Year award! A Garden/Pool view is a Preferred View class that means you will have a view of one of the pools or the canal that runs along the BWV down towards MGM. They are lovely views and I'm sure you will have a great trip and enjoy the BWV completely! :)

Cinderella2004
12-18-2006, 08:19 AM
Wow, your DH's boss should qualify for Boss of the Year award! A Garden/Pool view is a Preferred View class that means you will have a view of one of the pools or the canal that runs along the BWV down towards MGM. They are lovely views and I'm sure you will have a great trip and enjoy the BWV completely! :)

Thank you for that!!!! I'm so excited to go. DH did a whole bunch of extra work for her that put a hardship on our family, so that was part of the deal. I'm glad to see all the positive things about VWL, as we'll be staying there the second half of our trip!

UConnJack
12-18-2006, 11:37 AM
I own BWV and love it there too (as well as most of the other DVC resorts). And I do like the BWV pool, but I think on of the funniest things I've ever read on this board was somebody's compliant about "the clown vomitting kids into the pool"!!!! :lmao:

Boston5602
12-18-2006, 02:41 PM
Our Family loves the BWV too. We even paid extra to make it our "HOME"!!

Us too , we didn't want anywhere else.

CarnotaurDad
12-18-2006, 02:53 PM
There is nothing like spending an evening on your balcony overlooking the Boardwalk. My wife and I are social creatures, but we LOVE being able to watch everyone on the boardwalk and relax in our PJs sipping a drink.

BWV is awesome!

slp87
12-19-2006, 12:18 PM
We've stayed at BWV 3 times in standard view rooms. We love the feeling of being in the middle of it all. Being so close to our favorite park Epcot is the best and being just steps away from all the activity on the Boardwalk is great. We've always had wonderful rooms and never had any problems with noise, even when we were next door to the vending room. We don't mind the walks from the elevators, and usually use the stairs to get to the pool or bus stop. The hallways have a very distinct smell, I think it maybe like coppertone suntan lotion, but every once in a while I'll smell it at home and it takes me back.

dsnymomof4
12-19-2006, 12:26 PM
We love BW too! DH and I just got back from a 3-night stay at BC and we a ctually spent more time over at the BW than at our our resort! I just love the atmosphere over there. There's always something going on. The lobby is beautiful - especially at Christmas. We walked over one morning and got coffee and danish from the bw bakery and sat by the lake and enjoyed a beautiful morning. It was so nice. I can't wait to go back!

bwvBound
12-19-2006, 12:31 PM
BWV is the closest timeshare to the Dolphin Hotel. Whoo-hoo! I love that backdoor leading from the far end of the interior hallway out toward the Swan/Dolphin saving countless steps each day of our visit.

(Sure, I know this isn't the average post -- but is why I enjoy BWV.)

Inkmahm
12-19-2006, 02:25 PM
We bought BWV earlier this year and our first trip home was 12/7 to 12/11. We had a wonderful one bedroom- 5011. Board walk view and top floor, no smoking. Exactly what I'd requested. No problems at all (other than the missing Christmas tree our first day), we really enjoyed the villa. We'll be back next December as we're taking my husband's whole family to the BWV with us.

speakupjc
12-19-2006, 02:56 PM
We love the BWV. It is perfect - great location, close to great restaurants and a beautiful view. We always seem to return to it and consider it our home although we officially own at SSR.

kathleena
12-19-2006, 04:43 PM
I love this thread! Thanks for joining in the lovefest everyone

BWV ROCKS!!!!!

byoung
12-19-2006, 05:11 PM
Just got back on the 13th, studio 4005 excellent fireworks view.

Mich Mouse
12-20-2006, 08:31 PM
We love our home at the BWV!!!

More photos please!!! I loved the ones that were posted. :)

Forever a Princess
12-20-2006, 09:10 PM
Another BWV lover here!

jekjones1558
12-20-2006, 09:23 PM
Can't tell you how many tough times the prospect of an upcoming BW view room has got me through. Falling asleep while looking at illuminated Spaceship Earth--priceless.

KristinU
12-21-2006, 09:01 AM
Can't tell you how many tough times the prospect of an upcoming BW view room has got me through. Falling asleep while looking at illuminated Spaceship Earth--priceless.

Uh oh...I just booked our first BW view. We usually stay standard view and have also had pool view, but September 2007 will be our first Boardwalk view...I'm nervous that it will be like staying in a 1BR after thinking that a studio will always be enough - will we never go back?!?!? I already have addonitis, so I'm guessing the BW view room will just aggravate my condition :rotfl2:

Ms.Mouse
12-21-2006, 03:36 PM
We bought into BWV's and went on our first trip in Sept. :goodvibes There are soooo many things I love about BWV's and the BW, itself:

Waking up and walking to the BW Bakery for coffee and muffin and just sitting on the BW and watching people pass by..And watching the birds&ducks come in for food people throw out to them

Watching the BW entertainment

Having the ability to walk to MGM and EPCOT.... Or take the boat if desired...

Loved the quiet pool AND the clown slde!!!

Loved everything about it and am glad we bought there!!! :banana: :goodvibes

bobbiwoz
12-21-2006, 04:16 PM
We're just back from a great BWV standard studio stay. We took advantage of the walkability to MGM and Epcot during this holiday season.

Each time we stay, we find new reasons to love the resort. Took some time to enjoy some of the music on the green by a local college/high school choir.
Enjoyed the Italian sandwiches and fruit/yogurt platter from the Boardwalk bakery.

Getting our luggage from our ME experience and getting BWV tree #1 was easy as pie, and very very fast and friendly. Wonderful stay, fabulous resort!

Bobbi :goodvibes

kathleena
12-21-2006, 05:40 PM
I stayed twice on the BW view and then have switched to the standard view. After four stays there, I miss the BW view, so I'm going back on my next trip. While I love the lower points, I miss the spectacular BW view.

Hi Bobbi - I knew you'd probably check in when you got back. Glad to hear you had a great trip. I thought of you on the 15th - the day we checked out. I seemed to recall you were checking in around then?

bobbiwoz
12-21-2006, 06:00 PM
You've a great memory! Yes, we checked in on the 15th. What a great everything....we landed around 10AM, checked in, room wasn't ready, but we went to Epcot. By 2PM, we were in our room, and within 15 minutes we had all bags and Christmas tree.

We will try the Boardwalk view eventually. We're having another 4 generation trip in October at VWL, but because we're out of VWL points to use, I have the first 2 days for DMom/Sis at BWV Boardwalk view, so in case we can't get them into the VWL for the entire trip, they will be the first in our family to get the view. Either way, it will be a special trip. (If we do get them into VWL, someone on Boardwalk view waitlist will surely be happy, too!)

Bobbi :goodvibes

3DisneyKids
12-21-2006, 06:12 PM
Just subscribing....

Lexxiefern
12-22-2006, 07:07 AM
Count me in as another BWV lover! :love: I don't want to book anywhere else. I book the boardwalk view the most and even though I really enjoy the standard view and saving the points from it, if the boardwalk view is available I just have to book it! :goodvibes

One of my favorite things is the clown slide. I know many people knock it, but it is a great slide :thumbsup2 My DH loves being so close to the ESPN club, he goes every night. I love the lobby, the decor of the rooms, walking or taking the boat to Epcot and MGM, watching the fireworks from my balcony, chocolate croissants from the bakery, community hall (although I don't utilize it as much as I should), the playground is great for my kids, room service is yummy.

But mostly it is that great feeling I get when we drive up to the resort :cloud9: and if we stay anywhere else I miss BWV.

LSchrow
12-22-2006, 09:00 AM
MHO:
staying at the BWVs is total immersion, staying anywhere else is just "being on the outside looking in".

& we tried soooo hard to love the other resorts as much, but the tug in the heart when i see the BW is just too much for us to consider elsewhere (my eyes glaze over & there is an audible sigh everytime i see the BW :cloud9: ).

btw, we own at BWV, BCV, & SSR.

:sunny:

snowbunny
12-22-2006, 09:30 AM
We chose BWV as our home resort even though we've never been to any of the DVC places. On our May trip,we went past the boardwalk in a launch. My hubby said he liked the look of it. I was totally shocked when he gave me points for Christmas.

You are so lucky!!

We took our first trip home this past October and we so impressed with the Boardwalk. It is just a beautiful resort. It amazes me that people will complain about something like long hallways...the line for Pirates is a long hallway, too :rolleyes:

One afternoon my DD and I walked over to the BC to go to Beaches and Cream. Have to say in our opinion what we saw of the BC - including SAB - did not live up to the hype. We were totally happy as we walked back home to the BWV :thumbsup2

VLee
12-24-2006, 11:30 PM
My mother and I just returned from a five day trip to VWL earlier this week. We have already planned another family trip, with my two sisters for next October during the Food and Wine Festival and have booked a Boardwalk View 1 Bedroom for 8 nights.

Since my mother has a little trouble walking, we need a room closer to elevators. Can someone tell me if the Boardwalk View rooms are closer than Standard rooms to elevators? Also, can you see any Epcot Illuminations from the Boardwalk View rooms?

I am assuming it would be better for her to catch the boats to Epcot or MGM since that would cut down on the walk. We did fine last week, but just took it slow and rested often. She will be 79 by October and thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas visit...

Also, does Boardwalk offer refillable mugs anywhere?

Thanks for any input.

DebbieB
12-25-2006, 08:33 AM
My mother and I just returned from a five day trip to VWL earlier this week. We have already planned another family trip, with my two sisters for next October during the Food and Wine Festival and have booked a Boardwalk View 1 Bedroom for 8 nights.

Since my mother has a little trouble walking, we need a room closer to elevators. Can someone tell me if the Boardwalk View rooms are closer than Standard rooms to elevators? Also, can you see any Epcot Illuminations from the Boardwalk View rooms?

I am assuming it would be better for her to catch the boats to Epcot or MGM since that would cut down on the walk. We did fine last week, but just took it slow and rested often. She will be 79 by October and thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas visit...

Also, does Boardwalk offer refillable mugs anywhere?

Thanks for any input.

There are boardwalk view rooms close to the elevator and standard view close to the elevator, just as there are rooms that are far for both views. I would put in a medical request for close to the elevator. I had a boardwalk view 1 bedroom about 6 or 7 doors from the elevator, it was on the corner facing the boat dock (5051).

You should be able to see some of Illuminations from all the boardwalk views. Better views are up higher and farther from the elevator. When I was there in October, I could also see Wishes in the direction of the Yacht Club (room 4041).

The mugs can be bought and refilled at the bakery. I'm not sure if they fill them at the pool bar. If you have a 1 bedroom, I would just buy liters of pop/soda and put them in the fridge.

Love the Boardwalk!!! :cool1:

kathleena
12-26-2006, 08:54 AM
But mostly it is that great feeling I get when we drive up to the resort :cloud9: and if we stay anywhere else I miss BWV.

Ahhhhhhh. I just love the drive up to the resort. When I finally see that big white entrance and the BOARDWALK across it. Home........Home.......

OK, now I'm dreaming.......

Disney MAINEiac
12-26-2006, 10:27 AM
Ahhhhhhh. I just love the drive up to the resort. When I finally see that big white entrance and the BOARDWALK across it. Home........Home.......

I know the feeling you just seem to leave all your troubles behind

BTW nice to see fellow Mainah and DVCer on here. we do our 1st BWV trip in Feb. 2/13 - 3/2 can't wait

KristineN
12-26-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi everyone...

Just wanted to let you guys know that after only 1 week, we officially heard that Disney has waived their ROFR on our BWV contract!! We are EXCITED!!!
:banana:

kathleena
12-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I know the feeling you just seem to leave all your troubles behind

BTW nice to see fellow Mainah and DVCer on here. we do our 1st BWV trip in Feb. 2/13 - 3/2 can't wait

Love your screen name!

Have fun on your trip!!!!!

Buckalew11
12-26-2006, 08:41 PM
I just got back from WDW on 12/19. We didn't stay DVC this trip because it was a last minute trip (stayed at CBR). We went over to BWV, S/D, Y&BC to see at the Christmas decorations.

I fell in love with what I saw at BWV. We went in the open DVC unit and checked it out. The Christmas decorations in BW were beautiful and breathtaking. My mom and I just stood in awe of the beauty! We also went to the GF which was also very pretty but my mom said, I love this place--it is even prettier than the GF!
I actually cried in the lobby--I just sat in one of the big beautiful chairs and tears rolled. I could not believe that I actually own DVC and maybe one day will get lucky enough to stay at BWV (or maybe add some points on from there!)
Mom was funny. She knows nothing about DVC or WDW resorts but she made the comment, I like it better here than at CBR. CBR just seems so far out. I like being on this side--where the action is! LOL You'd have to know my 69yo mother, but I thought it was funny that even she can tell there's a difference. I think she'd make a great DVCer!!

LisaS
12-27-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi everyone...

Just wanted to let you guys know that after only 1 week, we officially heard that Disney has waived their ROFR on our BWV contract!! We are EXCITED!!!
:banana:Congratulations Kristine! You have excellent taste in resorts! It's a great combination: BWV when you want to be in the middle of the action and close to Epcot and MGM, VWL when you want a more laid back vacation in the woods just a boatride away from the MK. Welcome home again -- now we're neighbors twice over!

Lady V
12-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey!! Count me in!! We stayed at the BW this past summer in pool view room and I fell in love!! We are going to SS for the first time In a couple of days and I hope I am just as happy! I just love the action, the slide, the lobby, the bakery, the closeness to Epcot and MGM, and pretty much everything!!!:love: :love:

dwelty
12-27-2006, 10:05 AM
I am an SSR owner. We just got back from our first trip home (Stayed at SSR) We loved the relaxed feel of that resort. We also toured the other DVC properties just to get a feel for the places we could stay. I had heard alot of hype about Beach Club, and While I agree they have a spectacular pool, I was dissapointed in the lobby. It just seemed kind of plain to me. The lobby of the Boardwalk, however, was beautiful! Really top notch! I think it has the best lobby of all DVC resorts. Great central location as well. If we ever add on at another resort it will be there. You Boardwalk owners should be proud!

kathleena
12-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Hi everyone...

:banana:

Welcome Home!!!!!!:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

kaseyC
12-27-2006, 01:45 PM

I just get the biggest, goofiest smile on my face when we drive up to the entrance. My Dh though, starts thinking about how much closer he is to the Spoodles Pizza Window! We love the BW and are very happy we bought our points there. We will be back in June sharing our fav place with the Inlaws. :)

psu4glory
12-28-2006, 09:35 AM
we are also proud owners at BWV and enjoyed our first trip home this past Thanksgiving.....what a phenomenal resort!

we did not have the good fortune to stay in a BW view room, but had a very nice studio (4132) with a spectacular view of the quiet pool, the canal, and the Swan/Dolphin. can't wait for our 1st BW view experience!

we were only 2 or 3 doors short of being the last room in the hallway...yet the walk didn't seem to bother us. i think the whole 'long hallway' thing is blown out of proportion...being able to walk to epcot or mgm in less than 10 mins is a fantastic perk (we saw illuminations 3 times that week!)...and my DW's new 'heaven-on-earth' is the BW Bakery - supplanting the previous owner of said moniker, Ghirardelli's at DTD!

amybethchristiansen
12-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Ok, we own at SSR, but are staying at BWV this time for our first trip using our DVC. My ds is very excited about the slide. My dd wants to go on as well, but she is only 2. Will she be allowed on? It spits into a pool, right? If so, is there a lifeguard at the bottom. If not, will I be allowed to catch her? I just want them both to be able to go on, even if they are little

dwelty
12-29-2006, 08:34 AM
Ok, we own at SSR, but are staying at BWV this time for our first trip using our DVC. My ds is very excited about the slide. My dd wants to go on as well, but she is only 2. Will she be allowed on? It spits into a pool, right? If so, is there a lifeguard at the bottom. If not, will I be allowed to catch her? I just want them both to be able to go on, even if they are little

This is kind of a "post Hijack" since you have changed the subject of this post, but I can answer your question. Just got back from SSR and they allowed me to wait at the bottom of the slide and catch my 3 year old as long as I stood to one side until I saw her coming down. They also allowed her to use the water wings we purchased at home for her. I can only say that your 2 year old might be a little afraid once he/she gets to the top and realizes how high it really is. Don't be suprised if they chicken out. Good luck!

GGjertsen
12-29-2006, 10:56 AM
Be careful with the kids on the clown slide. The lifegaurds from what I can tell leave it up to the parents discretion on whether the kid can go down the slide. The slide is long and kids can get turned over face down very easily. I saw a family let their kid go down who obviously shoud not have gone down and the child came out the end face down and was coughing up water on their back for the next several minutes. The lifegaurds will also not let you wait on the bottom of the slide at the Boardwalk.

Chloe'sMom
12-29-2006, 11:44 AM
subscribing. :)

keishashadow
12-29-2006, 02:10 PM
It's my 2nd fav thus far (WL #1), luv them each in their own special way lol.

We thought the view from our standard room was acceptable - mostly sky & discreet parking lot. I wouldn't want to deal w/light & noise from BW area, so I guess we'll keep stretching our points.

Honestly, must admit, we don't tend to sit on the balcony when it's hot (although I do enjoy sipping my coffee in the am there).

After last experience w/roaches @ BC; i shall continue to keep the sliders shut.:scared1:

KatiebugsMom
12-29-2006, 11:41 PM
Well DH and I are SSR owners however we will be leaving in 3 weeks from today for a 10 day stay at BWV w. 1 bedroom BW view. This is going to be my dream come true on many levels.....See BWV was my DVC tour on my honeymoon and also on other trips when we would walk through the property I always felt like we were sneaking around and did not belong there because we were staying at All Stars...well this time we ARE DVC'ers now, we ARE staying at BWV and belong there annnnnndddddd I worked very hard for 10 days straight calling MS everyday to ensure my BW view, I want coffee on my balcony every morning and feel like a million doing it.

So pay no attention to the blubbering woman getting off the ME bus Sat. Jan 20th in front of BWV, because her dream just came true.............

perdidobay
12-30-2006, 10:25 AM
I love my VWL...but I also love my BWV for entirely different reasons... DH and I own points at both, slightly more at VWl. We arrive at BWV a week from today, and I am so looking forward to walking down those long halls! I am one of the few, I guess, who likes being on the far end of the resort. we can go down the back stairs and are in MGM Studios in no time flat! Also, it's short stumble back to our room from Jellyrolls each evening!

MAGICinMYHEART
12-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Nancy :wave:

I love the Boardwalk Villas, already have my Spring (March) trip and Fall (October) trips reserved. Can't wait until Food & Wine Festival (Party of the Senses) and MNSSHP this year.

I also hope to stay there this August but have to wait until 7 month window to use some of my VWL points to complete the reservation.

If you will be there October 20-25 2007 would love to meet-up again.

Beckie

eeyore0616
12-30-2006, 01:54 PM
I love this thread! I'm a new BWV owner (purchased in October) and just completed my reservation today for our first trip home the week after Thanksgiving in 2007 for a 2 bedroom BWV. We stayed there in 2005 with a cash reservation and just fell in love with the atmosphere.

I'm so excited to be able to sit on the balcony watching the friendship boats, and visiting the Boardwalk Bakery!

Tracy in NY

kathleena
12-30-2006, 04:24 PM
I love this thread! I'm a new BWV owner (purchased in October) and just completed my reservation today for our first trip home the week after Thanksgiving in 2007 for a 2 bedroom BWV. We stayed there in 2005 with a cash reservation and just fell in love with the atmosphere.

I'm so excited to be able to sit on the balcony watching the friendship boats, and visiting the Boardwalk Bakery!

Tracy in NY

Welcome Home!!!!! You picked a great time of year!

kathleena
12-30-2006, 04:27 PM
we were only 2 or 3 doors short of being the last room in the hallway...yet the walk didn't seem to bother us. i think the whole 'long hallway' thing is blown out of proportion...being able to walk to epcot or mgm in less than 10 mins is a fantastic perk (we saw illuminations 3 times that week!)...

I agree! WDW is all about walking (for those of us who can walk, I know some can't or struggle!). When I checked in on 12/7, I asked to be put far from the elevators. She says - it's a long walk - I said, I don't care, put me there!

She said I was, but she was wrong, I could have been much further away!

kathleena
12-30-2006, 04:32 PM

Your dd2 can go on the slide, but she will have to go down alone. She can go down with a lifejacket on (free at the Community Hall, you can get sign them out for your whole stay).

There is no lifeguard in the water at the bottom, they sit over to the side. I suggest that you or another adult go before her, then you will have to get out of the way a bit (they will tell you to move), and then she goes, and then the next adult goes. So she will be an adult sandwich!

When you see her come down the last turn, you can move quickly over into the slide "wash" and get her. Lots of parents do it, and we did it with my DGD when she was 4.

Have fun, and enjoy the BWVs!

kathleena
12-30-2006, 04:34 PM
10 day stay at BWV w. 1 bedroom BW view.

Sweeeeeet! :banana:

kathleena
12-30-2006, 04:40 PM
Nancy :wave:

I love the Boardwalk Villas, already have my Spring (March) trip and Fall (October) trips reserved. Can't wait until Food & Wine Festival (Party of the Senses) and MNSSHP this year.

I also hope to stay there this August but have to wait until 7 month window to use some of my VWL points to complete the reservation.

If you will be there October 20-25 2007 would love to meet-up again.

Beckie

I think that might be a date! I have my ressie for Oct 17th-24th right now, I will likely keep it there. Just waiting to decide what I want to do for Dec 07 and Jan 08.

I'm trying to remember which trip we connected - was it Oct 05 or earlier than that? :confused:

Mickey'sApprentice
12-30-2006, 06:40 PM
We are taking DW's extended family (SILs, BILs, DNeice8 princess: , & DNephews9,6 pirate: pirate: ) on our first trip "home" to BWV in April. We reserved a 2 BR BW view and studio. We can't wait to be able to do the early morning routine of coffee and the paper on the balcony looking at the BW and SE. :surfweb: Reading this thread has got me homesick and we haven't been there yet as DVC members. We fell in love with BW a few years ago when we were there our first night at WDW when we strolled around Crescent Lake, played miniature golf, and listened to the strolling saxophone quartet as they walked along the boardwalk. It was magical! :cloud9:

MAGICinMYHEART
12-30-2006, 06:40 PM
Nancy

I believe it was October 2005 MooseMeet during Hurricane Wilma. Remember our private viewing of IllumiNations when it was raining so hard the rain extinguished the fireworks before they could go off...then all we had was smoke and steam. I have never laughed so hard in my life walking back to the viewing area in all the rain and lightning. I just knew I was going to die.

I have never been so happy to own at BWV when we were able to be back in our room in 10 minutes.

Oh what a night!

Beckie

WendyinNC
12-31-2006, 10:02 AM
I just put in for a BWV contract. Now I'm more excited than ever. I hope I get it! I love the idea of being able to walk to parks. DH really doesn't like to ride the bus. On our last visit to the YC he even walked through Epcot in order to ride the monorail to the MK and always walked to Epcot and MGM rather than taking the boat. He actually beat us when we rode the boat.

PinkTink63
12-31-2006, 02:05 PM
I'll take the scary clown and all!:goodvibes I love the Kiester Coaster! I love the theming, hallways, location and all! Can't wait to go back. I really hope to be there at Christmas some year!

kathleena
01-01-2007, 11:07 AM
I just put in for a BWV contract. Now I'm more excited than ever. I hope I get it! I love the idea of being able to walk to parks. DH really doesn't like to ride the bus. On our last visit to the YC he even walked through Epcot in order to ride the monorail to the MK and always walked to Epcot and MGM rather than taking the boat. He actually beat us when we rode the boat.

ROFR PD on it's way!!!!

JoeEpcotRocks
01-01-2007, 05:58 PM
The BWV is the best place simply in the world. We bought at BCV and SSR but when we were ready to add on again, I had no interest in any other hotel.

The Boardwalk is the amazing. I can feel the atmosphere and hear the sounds. Just a short stroll to the countries of Epcot.

Amen! :thumbsup2

The Boardwalk rocks! :love: -- and I miss it every day! :guilty:

Boardwalker
01-02-2007, 12:54 PM
My people, I have found you!!!
There is something so special about the Boardwalk Villas.
I love the cheerful colors in the rooms, the crisp blues and whites especially.
Walking down the "long hall way" I can hear the joke my brother made the first time we stayed there. He pretended to pick up a stick and drag it down the railing slats painted on the hallway walls, making the "thump thump thump" noise all the way to our room.
The best part of all is the view of the Spaceship Earth all lit up from your bedroom window.
I love the rolling piano on the Boardwalk.
I love walking to EPCOT and walking back from MGM.
I love the good humor everyone shares there, from the door man to the front desk people and even the other guests.
And the atmosphere is relaxed but not sloppy, elegant but not stuffy, friendly but not intrusive.
It is such a wonderful place.

mlill
01-02-2007, 01:25 PM
We just got back from 12 magical days in a Boardwalk view 2-Bedroom villa for Christmas. (We also stayed a few nights at the Grand Floridian at the beginning of our trip, and it just can't compare to BWV!) We usually stay in a standard view BWV room to save on points, but now we are just spoiled rotten. I don't know if we'll be able to do anything but a Boardwalk view room in the future! We love the Boardwalk!!! :love:

-Michelle & family

kaseyC
01-02-2007, 01:44 PM
And the atmosphere is relaxed but not sloppy, elegant but not stuffy, friendly but not intrusive.
It is such a wonderful place.

What a great description of the BW. Exactly how we feel about the atmosphere. :)

chainkid
01-02-2007, 06:44 PM
I've been a member since late 199o's at BWV and HH. I got addonitis quickly after joining. I now own 602 BWV points. I recently sold HH and bought more BWV because for me I never want to stay anywhere else. I fell in love hard on my first trip paying by cash. I was suppose to have a BWV one bedroom but because I got in late they were all gone. they gave me two studios with a the Village green view. I like this view as well as any I've had and it was a truly wonderful trip since the holiday decorations were up the day after we arrived. Since then I've stayed in every type of Villa including the grand villa and each trip is more wonderful than the last. We have had family members suffer a fewglitchesalong the way but it happens with every resort. I don't think you could find a better location. I'm truly mystified why BC sells for more on Resale as this resort doesn't appeal to me in the same way. If I didn't own at BW, my next choice would be BC but only if BW wasn't available.

icouldlivethere
04-29-2008, 08:52 AM
I'm resurrecting this old thread because I just purchased a BWV contract and am awaiting my first trip home. I purchased sight unseen and can't wait until we can go try it out. I hope some of you BWV owners and lovers will share your stories of why you love BWV so much to tide me over until I'm able to see it for myself. :lovestruc

jekjones1558
04-29-2008, 09:10 AM
I hope some of you BWV owners and lovers will share your stories of why you love BWV so much to tide me over until I'm able to see it for myself.

We like being near lots of activities. During the daytime it is fun to watch people and Friendship boats coming and going on the BW. In the evening we enjoy watching the performers and the higher Epcot fireworks. If you book a BW view room, you can see all of this from your balcony. Because Epcot is only an 8 minute or so walk, I often go over to watch Illuminations if we are back at our room in the evening (I have an annual pass). The 20 minute walk to Studios is very peaceful. The lobby of the BW in Nov. and Dec. is just lovely. (Wait until you see the garland!) The main pool has a fun slide and the quiet pool offers a relaxing alternative. There are multiple activities at Community Hall. We have been generally very pleased with the CMs at the front desk and we even have a favorite mousekeeper.
If we are in the mood for a quiet escape, we usually book OKW. But that is an exception for us. We bought BWV very impulsively--on the spur of the moment in about 2 hours--and really knew nothing about timeshares or DVC. We feel very lucky that it turned out so well and that BWV is still our favorite of all the DVC resorts (and we have added BWV points many times!)

LSchrow
04-29-2008, 10:47 AM
many of the preceeding descriptions describe the BWVs so perfectly, that there is little to add......
but there is something about the BWVs that no other resort has. it totally envelops you, from the moment you see the "B O A R D W A L K" archway, to those painful moments when you watch the resort disappearing in the distance on your last day :sad1: (seriously, i would probably wind up in a severe depression every time we left, if we didn't own there & knew we would be back:) ).
we've had fun & greatly enjoyed the other resorts ~ by comparison, BWVs are the only one that i can remember every step, every sight, every smell from our vacations there. when someone mentions going to WDW, i don't think of the castle or the parks, but of the BW lobby, our view of the BW & lake, holding hands with DH in the gazebo, drinks in front of BRG while we chat & people watch.
even washing clothes in the laundry room (when in a studio) means special times for us: we sit by the pool for those few hours, relaxing & maybe going for a swim depending on our mood, chatting with other guests (this is where one sees the big difference between the BW & BC: even in the evening, BC's SAB is busy and loud with swarms of people. at the BW pool you feel like you're swimming and/or visiting with family & friends, at BC you feel like you're "hitting" a water park with tons of total strangers :guilty: ).
btw, we own at BCVs & SSR also, & have stayed at most of the deluxes. while they are all beautiful, there is no other resort in all of WDW that does to us what BWVs does :cloud9: (btw, SSR, GF, & YC come the closest, BC/BCVs hershey park type atmosphere is okay for a very short visit, but nothing "special" in our opinion).
hth :)

disyady
04-29-2008, 01:19 PM
We just completed an addon for BWV and we will be staying for 6 nights in a 1 bed villa in August. This thread has gotten me so excited about my first ever Boardwalk stay - thanks everyone! Does anyone have any recent photos of a 1 bedroom villa to share???? TIA :lovestruc :wizard:

Island Mouse
04-29-2008, 03:31 PM
The "BOARDWALK" archway sign does it for me every time. As soon as I see that I know I am home and my vacation has begun. I also enjoy the nice leisurely walks to and from the studios or world showcase. I feel at peace strolling along the shores of cresecent lake. To me, the Boardwalk is a wonderful place.

Laurabearz
04-29-2008, 06:22 PM
I love being able to walk over to Epcot every night for dinner.

I love driving up to the Resort and seeing the enterance.

I love the carpet as I walk down the long hallway

I love thinking about Richyams when I am on the balcony and reach in to grab a beer from the fridge.

I love Boardwalk View

I love Standard View

I love hitting the BellVue Room on the way back from the parks for a stiff one.

I love thier Christmas Decorations! Way way more to my liking that Wilderness lodge.

I love that I have 11 month window

flemdog
04-29-2008, 07:34 PM
You are all making me want to go back. It has been two years since we went and stayed at the BWV and we are looking at going again this year. I get so excited about going that my DH thinks I am more of a kid than our daughter!!

jenna
04-29-2008, 08:07 PM
I own at SSR but DH & I have ressies here in June! This thread has gotten me even more excited about our upcoming trip!!:thumbsup2

melanie18
04-29-2008, 08:25 PM
I love that I will be there in 11 days!

icouldlivethere
04-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Because Epcot is only an 8 minute or so walk, I often go over to watch Illuminations if we are back at our room in the evening (I have an annual pass).
We feel very lucky that it turned out so well and that BWV is still our favorite of all the DVC resorts (and we have added BWV points many times!)

I just loved reading your descriptions of everything you love about BWV!! I know being able to go watch Illuminations until the very end without having to worry about catching a bus back to my room was a big reason why I was drawn to BWV. I love Illuminations but my DH always wants to leave before its over so he can get to the bus stop before the crowd. Now I'll be able to go whenever I want and stay to the very end. :goodvibes I can't wait to go!

btw, we own at BCVs & SSR also, & have stayed at most of the deluxes. while they are all beautiful, there is no other resort in all of WDW that does to us what BWVs does :cloud9: (btw, SSR, GF, & YC come the closest, BC/BCVs hershey park type atmosphere is okay for a very short visit, but nothing "special" in our opinion).
hth :)

All of these wonderful descriptions are making me think we made the right choice for us!

The "BOARDWALK" archway sign does it for me every time. As soon as I see that I know I am home and my vacation has begun. I also enjoy the nice leisurely walks to and from the studios or world showcase. I feel at peace strolling along the shores of cresecent lake. To me, the Boardwalk is a wonderful place.

I'm glad to hear that even though there is a lot of activity at the BW that there are peaceful times and places also!

I love that I have 11 month window

I love that you love the BW!! Your love of the BW is very contagious!!

JandD Mom
04-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I agree with everything that has been said. I am so happy I have that 11 month window!:cloud9:

popstar7867
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Hi Everyone! After reading this thread I am even more excited to be vacationing at the Boardwalk! We will be in a standard studio in 4 days! Although I really wished we had waitlisted for a Boardwalk View! We own a majority of our points at SSR and did a small add on at AKV, but after this vacation I'm thinking Boardwalk will also be at the top of our list!!! You all don't even understand how excited I am to be going back to Disney, staying at the Boardwalk, and being so close to hollywood studios and epcot!!!!! I never in a million years thought I'd be able to vacation at a deluxe disney resort!! I love DVC! :) Does anyone know if Boardwalk is the first stop or only stop on the Magical Express? I get so antsy once that plane lands!

mr. figment
04-30-2008, 07:45 PM
We fell in love with BWI during our honeymoon. During that trip we toured the DVC preview center at SSR and were very tempted to join. Fast forward a few years, I find this website and learn about resale. When we figured out we could buy in where we wanted to the most, DVC was even more tempting. We pulled the trigger and are proud BWV owners. We are looking forward to our
Boardwalk view in December. I love strolling on Boardwalk in the morning or the evening. The Big River Grill is one of favorite restaurants. The walk to Epcot or Hollywood Studios is great. The resort has such wonderful feel to it.

keishashadow
04-30-2008, 07:50 PM
and the standard points are just icing on the cake:goodvibes

PSC
04-30-2008, 07:59 PM
Hi Everyone! After reading this thread I am even more excited to be vacationing at the Boardwalk! We will be in a standard studio in 4 days! Although I really wished we had waitlisted for a Boardwalk View! We own a majority of our points at SSR and did a small add on at AKV, but after this vacation I'm thinking Boardwalk will also be at the top of our list!!! You all don't even understand how excited I am to be going back to Disney, staying at the Boardwalk, and being so close to hollywood studios and epcot!!!!! I never in a million years thought I'd be able to vacation at a deluxe disney resort!! I love DVC! :) Does anyone know if Boardwalk is the first stop or only stop on the Magical Express? I get so antsy once that plane lands!

Popstar7867 - bad news, the Magical express bus stops at Boardwalk last. Sometimes you have to wait a little longer for the best things! I'll be at BWV with my DW and good friends in 4 days as well! We're all so excited! Here's a regulars secret. Breakfast at the Belle View Lounge is the same as what is available at the Boardwalk Bakery, just shorter lines. See you next week!

Ellen
04-30-2008, 08:58 PM
We just came back and Boardwalk was the first stop on Magical Express. Have a good time.
Ellen

popstar7867
04-30-2008, 10:00 PM
Popstar7867 - bad news, the Magical express bus stops at Boardwalk last. Sometimes you have to wait a little longer for the best things! I'll be at BWV with my DW and good friends in 4 days as well! We're all so excited! Here's a regulars secret. Breakfast at the Belle View Lounge is the same as what is available at the Boardwalk Bakery, just shorter lines. See you next week!
As long as that Bus gets me to Boardwalk I'm all good! I get so antsy once we land!!! We are staying May 4-10! I can't wait! Although I still don't feel like it's only 3 days away! Work has been so crazy too so it's a much needed vaca! I own a Dance Studio and the madness of getting our recital together has completely drained me! Boardwalk here I come!

LSchrow
04-30-2008, 10:38 PM
We are staying May 4-10! I can't wait!

DH & i will be at the BWVs may 3-10.
if you see a LGMH (it's actually a luggage tag) on the bag of a woman that looks like she just died & went to heaven, say "hi" :wave:

alldiz
05-01-2008, 05:34 AM
Just back from BWV last week....

I have to say the place is AWESOME......I really liked it.....in fact I might have to add on there:goodvibes

IMO that is the best pool for kids and there parents who don't want to chase them;)
I always got the table by the pool slide....watched DD walk up those stairs , wait her turn and then come down100 times.
Really great vibe to the place.
Kerri

tammymacb
05-01-2008, 05:58 AM
Good Morning Folks!

I'm heading for BWV on Monday morning. My dh and I are driving down for a 3 nite adult getaway with my sister and her DH.

We cannot wait! :woohoo:

Love the Boardwalk! :thumbsup2

popstar7867
05-01-2008, 07:59 AM
DH & i will be at the BWVs may 3-10.
if you see a LGMH (it's actually a luggage tag) on the bag of a woman that looks like she just died & went to heaven, say "hi" :wave:
I most definitely will!! I will have my red Mickey luggage and will most likely be decked out in my disney clothes most likely being followed by my boyfriend who is embarrassed of me lol! lol I'm such a disney dork!!! Have a great vacation if we don't see you!

GoofyDad13
05-02-2008, 01:24 PM
ICLT - Thank you for starting this thread back up, I refused to read it until I closed on our purchase at BWV. I sooooo want to get there, and want this to be our first DVC stay. We are waitlisted for last week of December for any kind of studio.

Thank you all for posting, makes me even even happier this is our home resort.

UncleRay
05-02-2008, 01:57 PM
We like the Board Walk Buskers!

DisFlan
05-02-2008, 03:30 PM
We like the Buskers - and everything else. We fell in love with BWV as soon as we saw it. In fact, we bought it before we'd seen one of the villas.

I first walked through the lobby back when my son was there on the College Program. We sat in the rockers and he told me how much he liked it and how much he wished we could all stay at the BW as a family, and that he'd be getting married someday and etc. etc. So we bought it!

He did get married (a CP gal) and we've stayed as a family several times, as well as with extended family. And we still love it.

DisFlan

DeeCee735
05-02-2008, 05:21 PM
We were there last week, just DH and I. The Cinderella Carriage pulled up on the lawn waiting for the bride (who was having pics taken in the BW lobby). My husband and I looked at each other, and both agreed we just might wind up forcing our DD to get married there! Either that or we may renew or vows there (how I would LOVE to finally (after 24 years of marriage) have my Disney wedding...)

javamom
05-03-2008, 05:22 PM
I adore the Boardwalk! We ate at the Flying Fish, and spent a few hours at Jellyrolls. When I walked through the lobby on our last trip, I knew, that if we ever did buy DVC, it would be at the Boardwalk. Which of course is exactly what happened, once we decided to actually buy (that was the hard part).

popstar7867
05-03-2008, 06:37 PM
12 more hours and I'll be at the Boardwalk! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dgaston
05-03-2008, 07:20 PM
DH and I were lucky enough to get a preferred view studio for our F & W (and maybe space shuttle launch) in October. I have waitlisted for BW view, but it'll be fine just to be so close to Epcot. One of the quirky things I like about BWV studios is the cabinet in the bathroom vanity area. I like to be able to tuck things out of view.

naf917
05-04-2008, 10:33 AM
We bought at SSR last year and made our first trip home in Dec. We will be making our first trip to BWV on August 17-23 in a 2BR pool/garden view, with my DSis and her family.

After reading most of the posts on this thread I can't wait to get there and see for myself what eveyone else here seems to already know.

gtrist4life
05-05-2008, 06:27 PM
We'll be at the BWV in just about 30 days, can't wait! But I hope the humidity can hold off until we leave :goodvibes

Gee Wally
05-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm so happy to come across this thread.

My wife surprised me for my 50th birthday ( still a kid at heart :) ) with a trip August 21-29 staying in a 2 bedroom villa. We have never stayed in a deluxe before so this is big doings for my family of 5. DS 15, DS 10, DD 10. Sounds like it will be great for the kids and me and the bride.

I'm sure in the upcoming weeks I'll have some dumb questions for you all. But by the sounds of things here, it'll be a vacation of a lifetime!

wally

DVC Mike
05-07-2008, 04:56 PM
I love the Boardwalk View rooms!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/DCLAPR08061.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/DCLAPR08062.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/DCLAPR08063.jpg

bobbiwoz
05-07-2008, 05:27 PM
We just came back and Boardwalk was the first stop on Magical Express. Have a good time.
Ellen

And I just came back and the ME route from the airport was Caribbean, Boardwalk, and Beach Club. So there doesn't seem to be a pattern set in stone.

Bobbi:goodvibes

icouldlivethere
05-07-2008, 05:27 PM
Thanks for the awesome pics!! Can't wait to make my first trip home!!

Camster0307
05-07-2008, 05:34 PM
I love the Boardwalk View rooms!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/DCLAPR08061.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/DCLAPR08062.jpg

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee26/DVC_Mike/DCLAPR08063.jpg

Little bit of heaven - here on Earth!:cloud9:

Proud BWV owners since 2000!

dis2cruise
05-08-2008, 05:12 AM
a question i have always wondered about the board walk is the noise from the bw area does it get really crazy at night??

jekjones1558
05-08-2008, 07:16 AM
a question i have always wondered about the board walk is the noise from the bw area does it get really crazy at night??

With the balcony doors open you will definitely hear noise. At night I always close the balcony doors and often the drapes, which also serve to clock noise. With this strategy I have never been bothered by BW noise. I have never been on a ground floor room next to JellyRolls, however, so maybe someone who has will post regarding that possibility.

Laurabearz
05-08-2008, 08:06 AM

If your close to the game booths, you will hear the game buzzers even with the doors closed. Not really loud, but one of my children(5 at the time) did comment how hard it was to go to sleep knowing there were so many people having fun outside.

Those games close up at the latest 11 pm.

IMO the noise is fine... As My Dh says, if your tired you will fall asleep. lol

LisaS
05-08-2008, 09:02 AM
a question i have always wondered about the board walk is the noise from the bw area does it get really crazy at night??The only time it's a problem is if you get a group coming out of Jellyrolls at closing time (2am) who continue partying out on the boardwalk for 5-10 minutes before heading back to their rooms. It doesn't happen every night fortunately!

BWV Dreamin
05-08-2008, 09:22 AM

This past April, we had a room right next to Big River Grill, 2nd. flr. The bar closed there at 1:30p. A couple of nights it got really loud about 2a. I think someone complained, and never heard anymore noise after that. We tried the standard view for one night.Not impressed. I just loved the bw view so much, I'll have to remember to close the drapes as well! The view is still worth some noise!!:goodvibes

BWVNUT
05-08-2008, 09:31 AM
..... The view is still worth some noise!!:goodvibes

ABSOLUTELY!!! :lovestruc

LisaS
05-08-2008, 09:37 AM
The view is still worth some noise!!:goodvibesI agree!! I love that view!

bobbiwoz
10-19-2008, 03:44 PM
Oh this is wonderful, here's the thead for Dodie!

DeeCee735
10-19-2008, 05:58 PM
I just got back last Tuesday from a long weekend with a friend. Actually the BW was my favorite part of the whole trip! The heat was overwhelming, the parks crowded....but waking up at the BW, having our champange breakfast with petite fours and fruit for breakfast and just relaxing (DH & kids stayed home, this was just me and my girlfriend) was so awesome! Walking down to the boardwalk, eating lunch and drinking beer at Big River Grille, stopping in the store for alittle shopping and sitting in the shade watching the boats go by - :love: what's not to love?!

We have a family trip coming up this January and I'm already counting down the days. I'm hoping it's cold actually - I'm so sick of trying to do parks in the heat -it's just not enjoyable, and I'm hoping it doesn't rain too much. We got a 2 bedroom standard view! Our first 2 bedroom at BW since buying in 2000! We are SIKED!:dance3:

twinklebug
10-19-2008, 06:04 PM
Do we have a Boardwalk groupies icon? I'll join! Only been there once, but trying to decide if we really need to stay in our AKV home in June (the kids so want to try the new swim area) or if I can convince the kids BW is where we want to be :lmao:

DeeCee735
10-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Our BW view...

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d736b3127ccec277f2f1d33500000010O08AYtGrZy4Ztw e3nwc/cC/

http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47b7d736b3127ccec27718df525e00000010O08AYtGrZy4Ztw e3nwc/cC

VTNuke
10-19-2008, 07:42 PM
I love BWV. It is our home resort and it will be very difficult to get me to stay at most of the other DVC locations.

As MK is our main interest with our kids being little, BLT may temp me a few times.

Dodie
10-19-2008, 08:07 PM
Oh this is wonderful, here's the thead for Dodie! Bobbi:goodvibes

Thank you so much for finding and bumping this! It's exactly what I was looking for! I'm so excited about our first BWV stay in May!

bobbiwoz
10-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Thank you so much for finding and bumping this! It's exactly what I was looking for! I'm so excited about our first BWV stay in May!

Dodie, icouldlivethere found it!

Weluvdisny
10-19-2008, 10:16 PM
I'm so sad. We stayed on someone's points this past January at BW and loved it so much that we bought into it. But before we bought, we rented again and could only get SSR. I want to go back to BW soooo bad this time. We're going to go over for a visit but I think that will just make me more homesick. We're on a waitlist but because it's F&W I don't see it coming through.

Anyone going down that can give us a live feed? I LOVE those!!

LisaS
10-19-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm so sad. We stayed on someone's points this past January at BW and loved it so much that we bought into it. But before we bought, we rented again and could only get SSR. I want to go back to BW soooo bad this time. We're going to go over for a visit but I think that will just make me more homesick. We're on a waitlist but because it's F&W I don't see it coming through.

Anyone going down that can give us a live feed? I LOVE those!!WDWguru has a webcam set up at BWV this week: http://www.tivogirl.com/dislive/

TheDISneyFamily
10-20-2008, 06:30 AM
I love BWV! :love: 10 more days until we see the view in my signature again. :cloud9:

Thanks for bumping this thread! :goodvibes Have a great week everyone!

cindymouse6
10-20-2008, 09:39 AM
We have our BW contract up for sale.... my husband has had reservations listing it, but I insisted we sell to buy BLT points.... boy, you guys are making me totally rethink the idea!!! We have 4 kids and stay at BCV for the pool and OKW for the size of the room (not anymore...bad experience last July). We decided BCV and BLT will be our big trip each year and settle for OKW or SSR the other trips.... but BW is stunningly beautiful at Christmas....

I always get a room plum at the end of the hall and the walking is so dreaded with 4 little ones... but hey, smallest is 6 and all are older... and these days, you practically can't get into a resort unless it's your home resort....

hmmmmmm....... how to come up with cash for BLT.... I had no idea you could rent points till I found this site.... that is way cool.... hey, I should rent to my family.... you know, the ones I have been giving points to for FREE!!!!!

signed,
reconsidering...:confused:

jade1
10-20-2008, 05:56 PM
WDWguru has a webcam set up at BWV this week: http://www.tivogirl.com/dislive/

Thanks, the sound is great this time.

Weluvdisny
10-21-2008, 08:40 AM
Thanks for the link!:thumbsup2 Had it on all night!!

Melani
10-21-2008, 09:27 AM
I love the idea of being able to walk to parks. DH really doesn't like to ride the bus. On our last visit to the YC he even walked through Epcot in order to ride the monorail to the MK .

Has anyone else done this?

I was wondering how long a hike it is from BWV to Epcot monorail?

I am so sick of the bus. That is the #1 reason we're buying DVC. To be able to afford to stay somewhere we don't have to take the bus to every single time!

Cherta
10-21-2008, 10:14 AM
Has anyone else done this?

I was wondering how long a hike it is from BWV to Epcot monorail?

I am so sick of the bus. That is the #1 reason we're buying DVC. To be able to afford to stay somewhere we don't have to take the bus to every single time!

I did this a few times while we stayed at the YC back in March. I know it's more "efficient" to take the bus (although from what I've read lately, maybe not so much anymore), but I didn't mind the walk (took about 15-20 minutes at the most) and I felt more in "control" of my time. The one day we did go to AK, it took 35-40 minutes for the bus to arrive (and we caught the bus from AKL after having dinner at Boma). It was that experience (along with the ability to access three out of the four parks by foot) that prompted me to buy points at BWV.

backyardponder
10-21-2008, 10:16 AM
15 to 20 minutes

Melani
10-21-2008, 11:08 AM
That sounds better than standing for 20 minutes with a screaming baby on a lurching bus.

I'd rather push her for 20 and be able to leave her in the stroller when we board the monorail, than have to fold up that stroller one more time (after you've removed all the piles of stuff you've draped over it)

LisaS
10-21-2008, 11:12 AM
I was wondering how long a hike it is from BWV to Epcot monorail?We do that frequently. As others have said, it takes around 20 minutes or so. The monorail is more fun than the bus and we don't mind the walk through Epcot. Of course it only makes sense to do this if you have an AP or a park hopper ticket. Going into Epcot through the IG is quick but depending on the time of day, coming back into Epcot through the main entrance can be very slow with long lines for both the bag check and to get your ticket scanned so we usually take the bus back to the resort rather than coming back through Epcot.

jade1
10-21-2008, 11:14 AM
We have worked in a walk through EPCOT before to get to the monorail (not always). For example we have stopped for lunch at EPCOT CS (there are so many), then hit SE then the monorail. Take some pic's on the way. It's effort for sure, but things we enjoy doing (more than waiting for and riding a bus anyway).

Did watch the BW live web cam this am again-very fun. :thumbsup2

Budshark
10-21-2008, 11:45 AM
We have our BW contract up for sale.... my husband has had reservations listing it, but I insisted we sell to buy BLT points.... boy, you guys are making me totally rethink the idea!!! We have 4 kids and stay at BCV for the pool and OKW for the size of the room (not anymore...bad experience last July). We decided BCV and BLT will be our big trip each year and settle for OKW or SSR the other trips.... but BW is stunningly beautiful at Christmas....

I always get a room plum at the end of the hall and the walking is so dreaded with 4 little ones... but hey, smallest is 6 and all are older... and these days, you practically can't get into a resort unless it's your home resort....

hmmmmmm....... how to come up with cash for BLT.... I had no idea you could rent points till I found this site.... that is way cool.... hey, I should rent to my family.... you know, the ones I have been giving points to for FREE!!!!!

signed,
reconsidering...:confused:

Dear reconsidering ;)

We have struggled with this as well. Luckily we were able to buy into BLT (we had been planning for over a year) without selling our BWV. Of course, the wife LOVES VWL and BCV. So the question becomes, with all the resales what do we do.

We have come to the conclusion (I think) that the commission, and loss on the BWV resale is too much to justify selling it. We do love BWV despite its quirks (no inside CS, difficult to refill mugs, long hallways, distant parking) - but she would rather have one of the others to go with BLT. I am now watching for a small VWL resale and will perhaps, over time, acquire enough points elsewhere that I can justify getting rid of BWV. But I'm not willing to sell my BWV just because... a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush... :D

Chris

bobbiwoz
10-23-2008, 03:48 PM
People are wondering where this is....here:goodvibes
Bump!

Kickapoo Joie Juice
10-23-2008, 03:56 PM
Just wanted to say that we spent our 15th wedding anniversary at BWV, top floor, epcot view, for the first time at BWV and it was an AWESOME vacation!:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

We almost bought BWV from disney about 10 years ago and chickened out. We later bought VWL, and while we love VWL and feel like it's our home, we also wish we had a BWV "home" now.

Melani
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
We are still waiting to close and I'm getting very anxious.

We want to book a trip for Memorial Day week 2009. How hard do you think it will be to get a studio after the 7 month window opens?

bobbiwoz
10-23-2008, 04:33 PM
We are still waiting to close and I'm getting very anxious.

We want to book a trip for Memorial Day week 2009. How hard do you think it will be to get a studio after the 7 month window opens?

We're close to that window right now! I'm hope to book something tomorrow at the 7 month window for my DSis, for one night after our DCL cruise. I hope we both get what we want! In the past, at 7 months I was able to get a studio at BCV for Memorial day weekend. I think BWV will be possible. I hope you close soon, and if nothing is available, do waitlist!

chaoscent
10-24-2008, 09:56 AM
Thanks for bumping this up. :goodvibes
Penny:hippie:

Melani
10-24-2008, 11:04 AM
I'm hope to book something tomorrow at the 7 month window for my DSis, for one night after our DCL cruise. I hope we both get what we want!

Did you try to book today?

What was available?

Still no word and I emailed my agent 2 days ago asking for an update!

bobbiwoz
10-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Hi! I wasn't trying for BWV this time...my family has a room at Kidani and I was hoping to get DSis there, but there were no studios with savannah view available there. She could have gotten one at Jambo, but I thought she would rather be with us in Kidani, so I booked her standard view. I know that I bought AKV for the animials, savannah view, and it looks like the other owners at AKV did too!

photobob
10-25-2008, 08:06 AM
I've stayed there twice and really have enjoyed it. I'd like to do an add on there at some point! The area is fantastic and the we like the kiester coaster!

bobbiwoz
11-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Someone was asking for this, so here's a bump!

annnewjerz
11-04-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the bump!:thumbsup2

bobbiwoz
11-04-2008, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the bump!:thumbsup2

Some of my favorite people are from NJ! You're welcome!

Bobbi

zumbergc
11-04-2008, 10:26 PM
We are staying for the first time in may, and wondering where the washer/dryers are? Since its both dvc and regular, are they at the pool area?

Thanks

twinklebug
11-04-2008, 10:58 PM
We are staying for the first time in may, and wondering where the washer/dryers are? Since its both dvc and regular, are they at the pool area?

Thanks

I think it might be best if someone PMs the answer to you... there have been complaints about non-dvc folk using the DVC laundry rooms for the 'free machines' after they read about them on these and other similar boards.

DVC Mike
11-05-2008, 05:42 AM
I love BWV!

My favorite thing is to get a boardwalk view room and relax on the balcony in the early morning with a cup of coffee, watching as the lights turn off at YC/BC, the sun rises, and the boardwalk slowly comes to life (i.e., a line forms at Boardwalk Bakery!).

TheDISneyFamily
11-05-2008, 09:21 AM
I love BWV!

My favorite thing is to get a boardwalk view room and relax on the balcony in the early morning with a cup of coffee, watching as the lights turn off at YC/BC, the sun rises, and the boardwalk slowly comes to life (i.e., a line forms at Boardwalk Bakery!).

I couldn't agree more! :goodvibes

These are from a couple days ago... :cloud9:

http://www.familyphotoquilt.com/BWVmorning.jpg

http://www.familyphotoquilt.com/BWVmorning2.jpg

rie4630
11-05-2008, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the beautiful pictures.

Pocahantas
11-05-2008, 10:55 AM
We're staying at BWV in February. I have stayed there once but this will be the first time for my husband and daughter. We are really excited since we will have a boardwalk view!!

zumbergc
11-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok, since someone mentioned why they won't post where the dvc laundry is at BWV.

If i ask at the front desk, do the CMs all know where those particular laundry is?

I've read about the AKV ones, and that the Cm's didn't all know where they were etc?

Could someone PM me the locations. is it listed somewhere on the members site?

Thanks,

Pocahantas
11-13-2008, 10:10 AM
I am interested in finding out where the laundry is as well since we do plan to do a couple of batches while there in February. Can someone PM me that info please?

bobbiwoz
11-13-2008, 12:20 PM
It's not a secret. It's in the hall across from the gym. As you walk to the elevators on the ground floor, the hall is to the left of the elevators, and the laundry is just on the left in that hall.

Pocahantas
11-13-2008, 12:29 PM
Thanks Bobbi!

dec5girl
11-13-2008, 01:04 PM
Yipppeeee! A BWV thread. I just started a thread last week asking if there is a BWV lovers thread and nobody answered. I am happy to join you all and LOVE to talk about BWV!

bobbiwoz
11-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Yipppeeee! A BWV thread. I just started a thread last week asking if there is a BWV lovers thread and nobody answered. I am happy to join you all and LOVE to talk about BWV!

We're having our first Boardwalk view stay ever beginning tomorrow night! I'm thrilled, and looking forward to the view. It's our first BWV visit this year, but we're going back for NYE!

Glampire31
11-13-2008, 03:04 PM
I love the BWV too.... I want to stay there on my next trip. :cool1:

Glampire31
11-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I love the BWV's too.... I want to stay there on my next trip.... :cool1:

Melani
11-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Do you think the Availability section of this board is accurate?

We want to book a studio for Memorial Day week, but our contract still hasn't closed yet. Right now they show some studios still open for those dates.

Any experience with that?

The contract says we must close by Dec. 8th or else? I don't know if I'll have any hair left by then.

athenna
11-13-2008, 04:35 PM
I returned from my 1st ever BWV stay on 11/4...As a die hard SSR lover, I do want to admit that walking to Epcot's WS was amazing! Walking back (or staggering, hey it was F & W ya know:rotfl: ) was sooooo much better than having to wait for a bus....Our view was stunning also....We had a prefered view (not a BW view) and it was lovely to look over at the Swan & Dolphin and the pool area.
Going up to the room at 2am after Jellyrolls was better than taking a bus or 2 also:rotfl:
Glad I was able to try BWV:thumbsup2

korzmom
11-13-2008, 05:33 PM
its our favorite and cant wait to be welcomed home again in march..we have a trip coming up here in 2 weeks but staying at pop because of last minute booking,but hey its still disney! i'll definetly be coming over for a visit though to see the choc display..or the gingerbread..what is it this year?
:cloud9: :lovestruc I LOVE THE BOARDWALK:yay:

dec5girl
11-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I returned from my 1st ever BWV stay on 11/4...As a die hard SSR lover, I do want to admit that walking to Epcot's WS was amazing! Walking back (or staggering, hey it was F & W ya know:rotfl: ) was sooooo much better than having to wait for a bus....Our view was stunning also....We had a prefered view (not a BW view) and it was lovely to look over at the Swan & Dolphin and the pool area.
Going up to the room at 2am after Jellyrolls was better than taking a bus or 2 also:rotfl:
Glad I was able to try BWV:thumbsup2

I completely agree! The walk from Epcot to my Boardwalk Home is so beautiful it is one of my favorite things! It sure beats waiting for a bus.

Melani
11-14-2008, 11:47 AM
How can I search this thread instead of asking ? that may have already been answered?
When I try to use "Search this tread" it always jumps to the main search page.

I'd like to know how's the walk to or boat to Hollywood from BWV?

Happy Birthday Cat
11-15-2008, 10:14 AM
I'd like to know how's the walk to or boat to Hollywood from BWV?

To walk is easy, You just go through the pool area (or down one of the back staircases) to the walk-way along the canal, turn left on it and follow it all the way to the end. At the end, just bear right and walk to the studios entrance. To boat you can either walk out to the main dock right on the Boardwalk or walk over to the swan/dolphin dock and get on the boat there. From the BWV, the boat goes over to the Yacht/Beach Club dock so by going over the bridge to the Swan/Dolphin dock you can either catch a boat you may have missed or cut out some time on the boat. If we take the boat from the Studios, which is rare, we always get off at the Swan/Dolphin and walk back over the bridge. It saves a lot of time.

HBC

Melani
11-15-2008, 10:53 AM
To walk is easy, You just go through the pool area (or down one of the back staircases) to the walk-way along the canal, turn left on it and follow it all the way to the end. At the end, just bear right and walk to the studios entrance. To boat you can either walk out to the main dock right on the Boardwalk or walk over to the swan/dolphin dock and get on the boat there. From the BWV, the boat goes over to the Yacht/Beach Club dock so by going over the bridge to the Swan/Dolphin dock you can either catch a boat you may have missed or cut out some time on the boat. If we take the boat from the Studios, which is rare, we always get off at the Swan/Dolphin and walk back over the bridge. It saves a lot of time.

HBC

Thanks, do you happen to know:

Which rooms are closer to these back stairs by the pool for walking?
Which are are closest to Swan/Dolphin boat launch?

Is it pretty easy to request particular areas?

Happy Birthday Cat
11-15-2008, 11:03 AM
Thanks, do you happen to know:

Which rooms are closer to these back stairs by the pool for walking?
Which are are closest to Swan/Dolphin boat launch?

Is it pretty easy to request particular areas?

It's not an easy request but it is easy to learn how to get in and out.

When we have a standard view room, we always request far from the elevators. This puts us down toward the end of the hallway and closest to the exit for the Studios. A Boardwalk view room will put you closest to the Swan and Dolphin. No matter where you are, you are within easy access to one of the exit stairways that you can use to get down to either the Boardwalk or to the walk way along the canal. The vast majority of the rooms are pool/garden view and they could be anywhere. But no matter where they are located, a stairway will be nearby. Learn to use them if you are able because they will save you lots of time coming and going (you can't enter them from the Boardwalk, only exit).

HBC

drusba
11-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Rooms farthest from elevators (both standard and preferred quiet pool view)) put you closest to a stairway exit that is shorestt for the walk to Studios. As to the cross over bridge to Swan Dolphin boat launch, any rooms in the Luna Park area or boardwalk view put you close to an exit from which the walk to the bridge is fairly short. Note I would not get overly concerned about how close a room is to S/D or walk to studios unless you feel an extra 70 to 100 yards in any particular direction is just too much to deal with.

dec5girl
11-15-2008, 04:21 PM
It's not an easy request but it is easy to learn how to get in and out.

When we have a standard view room, we always request far from the elevators. This puts us down toward the end of the hallway and closest to the exit for the Studios. A Boardwalk view room will put you closest to the Swan and Dolphin. No matter where you are, you are within easy access to one of the exit stairways that you can use to get down to either the Boardwalk or to the walk way along the canal. The vast majority of the rooms are pool/garden view and they could be anywhere. But no matter where they are located, a stairway will be nearby. Learn to use them if you are able because they will save you lots of time coming and going (you can't enter them from the Boardwalk, only exit).

HBC

I completely agree. We use stairs all the time. I always tell myself that is how I'm walking off all the food I'm eating, but going up the stairs.

You can enter them from the other side, not the Boardwalk side. If you come from Swan/Dolphin and you stay to the right after the bridge there is a door near the end of the building that you can enter. There are several of them along the "canal" side of the building that you can enter and exit.

Melani
11-15-2008, 04:42 PM
Thank you.

It just looked so big and sprawling on the map.

marko
11-18-2008, 09:11 PM
I have a question for those who have stayed in a BW view villa. Can you see Illuminations from the balcony of villas on the lower floors or do you need to be on the 4th or 5th floor?

jekjones1558
11-19-2008, 04:56 AM
I have stayed on all floors except the first floor. I could always see Illuminations, but the higher floors had a better view. I know that even standing on the BW itself you can see some of the high fireworks.

bobbiwoz
11-21-2008, 05:26 AM
We just had our first BWView and DH thought it was too noisy. We did have a good balcony for people watching/view. For the points and convenience of being on the Boardwalk, I think our BWV stays will continue to be standard view whenever available.

heaven2dc
11-21-2008, 07:31 AM
We just had our first BWView and DH thought it was too noisy. We did have a good balcony for people watching/view. For the points and convenience of being on the Boardwalk, I think our BWV stays will continue to be standard view whenever available.

I'm also joining in on BWV lovers :love:

I will have my first BW view in 3 weeks and can't wait to see which floor I'll end up on. Your husband thought it was too noisy - did you like at all? (I wondered about the noise too but thought if I got a 4th or 5th floor it wouldn't be too bad). Which floor were you on and where was it located above?

bobbiwoz
11-21-2008, 07:47 AM
I'm also joining in on BWV lovers :love:

I will have my first BW view in 3 weeks and can't wait to see which floor I'll end up on. Your husband thought it was too noisy - did you like at all? (I wondered about the noise too but thought if I got a 4th or 5th floor it wouldn't be too bad). Which floor were you on and where was it located above?

We were on the third floor, right next to a GV, so it was over the restaurant (Big River Grill). The boat blows it's horn in the mornings, I think it was around 6 something that woke DH up. I sort of noticed it, but was able to fall back to sleep, DH couldn't. At night the voices seem to float up from the restaurant, and again, I could fall asleep, but apparently some voices woke DH up, during the night, but he says that may have come from inside the resort.

DH has never mentioned noise when we've stayed in Standard View, so I won't book BWView any more for stays with him. I do go solo, and with friends, and I did enjoy the people watching, especially in the morning! I think the room was 3031, a dedicated studio.

LSchrow
11-21-2008, 08:59 AM
we norm wind up in studios **31 or **29 (3rd, 4th or 5th floor) ~ above BRG.
the view from any of them is beautiful :cloud9: . i use a sound machine, so am not bothered by the noise as some might be (for comparison: even with the sound machine, we had difficulty sleeping at the BCVs. the yelling in the hallways ~on more than one trip ~ was just not conducive to a "good night's sleep":headache: we find the BW view rooms quieter during the late evening & early morn).

the arcade sounds can be obtrusive, but we found closing the drapes & turning on the sound machine a great help.
since we prefer using the stairwells (unless dressed up of course), the 3rd floor is our personal fave ~ else, climbing 5 flights after walking all day can actually be painful. the higher the floor, the (slightly) better views of the fireworks, & (slightly) worse views of the BW activities.

BW view is literally the only DVC or reg resort room category we are non-negotiable on (we will change our dates if it is not available); it's more than just a view, it's total immersion :cloud9:

dec5girl
11-21-2008, 10:33 AM
We have only used BW view also. It is a MUST for our family. We were awoken once when a very loud person left one of the clubs at the end of the Boardwalk at 2:00 AM, but nothing else has ever woken us up. I start each day and end each day on my balcony and it is truly one of my favorite parts of going to WDW!

Ronald Duck
11-22-2008, 06:28 AM
Three weeks from tomorrow we'll be arriving in that beautifully-decorated lobby for our first stay:cool1: :cool1:. We'll be in a Standard View 1-bedroom.

We are DVC owners but we're staying on a DVC friend's points. Does anyone know (or can anyone guess) whether we'll be able to get free internet?

Also, I'm the designated "morning mug man" in our family, and I'm assuming that if all you want are coffee refills, the Boardwalk Bakery is still the most convenient place. Am I right? Does anyone know when BWB opens? And when do the inevitable lines get long?

Thanks...

BWV Dreamin
11-22-2008, 06:32 AM
Three weeks from tomorrow we'll be arriving in that beautifully-decorated lobby for our first stay:cool1: :cool1:. We'll be in a Standard View 1-bedroom.

We are DVC owners but we're staying on a DVC friend's points. Does anyone know (or can anyone guess) whether we'll be able to get free internet?

Also, I'm the designated "morning mug man" in our family, and I'm assuming that if all you want are coffee refills, the Boardwalk Bakery is still the most convenient place. Am I right? Does anyone know when BWB opens? And when do the inevitable lines get long?

Thanks...
If you are staying on your friends points, you get free internet. The BWB opens at around 6:30a (not for sure, but its early). Lines are long around 8:00a for sure. I don't know about the mug thing, but if you've gotten it there before, then thats the only one I know of at Boardwalk. Have a great trip!!

jekjones1558
11-22-2008, 06:53 AM
I think the Belle Vue Lounge (lobby level, over the Flying Fish) has coffee and rolls in the morning, if you don't want to go outside. I don't know what time it opens. All of this is assuming that BVL hasn't been affected by cutbacks in staffing around WDW.
I also can't wait to see that garland in the lobby. One day I am going to see how they put it up or take it down without breaking those hundreds of ornaments. Maybe I'll luck out and see it come down on our trip over New Year's, since we don't leave WDW until Jan. 6.

DVC Mike
11-22-2008, 06:56 AM
Since I get up early, I am usually the first in line at the Boardwalk Bakery each morning. I just must have my morning latte and blueberry muffin!

Ronald Duck
11-22-2008, 09:24 AM
Since I get up early, I am usually the first in line at the Boardwalk Bakery each morning. I just must have my morning latte and blueberry muffin!

I'll gladly stand in a line for one of their glazed cinnamon rolls (yike...I hope they still carry them:confused3 )

Weluvdisny
11-22-2008, 01:50 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know how many preferred BW rooms there are? We are looking to book a 2 bedroom and a studio and would love to have them with a BW view. I've seen the map that shows where all the preferred/preferred BW/stanard rooms are located but that doesn't give a figure as to how many rooms there are of each?

Ronald Duck
11-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before but does anyone know how many preferred BW rooms there are? We are looking to book a 2 bedroom and a studio and would love to have them with a BW view. I've seen the map that shows where all the preferred/preferred BW/stanard rooms are located but that doesn't give a figure as to how many rooms there are of each?

No guarantees on this, but I did a room inventory search on a DVC site and came up with 27 Studios with a Preferred Boardwalk View (probably right), and 13 2-bedroom lockoffs (possibly right, but seems kind of low). I couldn't get it to work for 2-bedroom dedicateds.

jekjones1558
11-22-2008, 05:52 PM
I couldn't get it to work for 2-bedroom dedicateds.

There are no 2-bedroom dedicated rooms at BWV.

Uncle Remus
12-03-2008, 01:26 PM
okay, we need more posts in this thread. :lmao:

I'm wantin' to know all the scoop, I got reservations at BWV in May. :cool1:

icouldlivethere
12-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm at the BWV's right now for our very first trip home. We bought sight unseen and I'm not at all disappointed. I just love the location! It's so convenient to go to both Epcot and DS and there is so much to do here. We have a dedicated studio with a garden/pool view in room 3062. Tomorrow we have to move to SSR and we'll see how we like that.

I'm very happy with my choice of BWV for our home resort. Love it, love it, love it!!!! Can't wait to come back in March for the Flower and Garden Show when I have a standard view studio booked.

bobbiwoz
12-04-2008, 04:43 AM
I'm at the BWV's right now for our very first trip home. We bought sight unseen and I'm not at all disappointed. I just love the location! It's so convenient to go to both Epcot and DS and there is so much to do here. We have a dedicated studio with a garden/pool view in room 3062. Tomorrow we have to move to SSR and we'll see how we like that.

I'm very happy with my choice of BWV for our home resort. Love it, love it, love it!!!! Can't wait to come back in March for the Flower and Garden Show when I have a standard view studio booked.

I'm guessing that our F&G trips may be around the same time. I'll be with DGF's in sv 2 bedroom! I'm glad you're happy with your home resort!

heaven2dc
12-04-2008, 08:01 AM
I will be there in 9 days and have a boardwalk view in a 1-bedroom villa (I can't believe it! - down to the single digit dance now :banana: ). I've stayed twice - once in 1997 in a one-bedroom villa overlooking the quiet pool and this last February in a studio above Wyland Gallery. I absolutely love BWV and can't wait til I can buy into DVC timeshare!

cdhheidi
12-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Hi Everyone!

We are in process of purchasing 100 pts through TTS at BWV, we passed ROFR and are SO excited! What a great Christmas gift!

I know it is not a huge # of points but since we live in Idaho, we don't plan on visiting more than every 2-3 yrs anyway. :) We fell in love with BWV when we did a cash stay a year and a half ago, and being soon to be owners is a dream come true.

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Ronald Duck
12-25-2008, 06:50 AM
Hi Everyone!

We are in process of purchasing 100 pts through TTS at BWV, we passed ROFR and are SO excited! What a great Christmas gift!

Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!

We just got back from our first stay at BWV. We had a wonderful time and I took LOTS of pics...over the next week I'll post some of them in this thread!

mickeys girl 52
12-25-2008, 01:15 PM
I am hoping to stay with my 4 sisters next year for a few nights at Boardwalk for the first time:cool1: .I wanted to purchase the dining plan but have heard there is no counter service lunchs there. So my question is; where do you go for lunches if you are not going to the parks certain days?Does BCV have counter service meals? TIA:santa:

homesick187
12-25-2008, 01:38 PM
The walk to MGM is about a mile. The walk to EPCOT is much shorter. We did it in July with 10 and 12 yr olds in 5 min from BCV pool. No complaints even from the kids.

homesick187
12-25-2008, 01:52 PM
I posted this in response to a question that I can't find now.....maybe too much eggnog..."kids, don't drink and post":confused3

DebbieB
12-25-2008, 05:40 PM
No guarantees on this, but I did a room inventory search on a DVC site and came up with 27 Studios with a Preferred Boardwalk View (probably right), and 13 2-bedroom lockoffs (possibly right, but seems kind of low). I couldn't get it to work for 2-bedroom dedicateds.

All 7 grand villas are boardwalk view, they take up alot of the space.

BWVNUT
12-25-2008, 05:41 PM
I am hoping to stay with my 4 sisters next year for a few nights at Boardwalk for the first time:cool1: .I wanted to purchase the dining plan but have heard there is no counter service lunchs there. So my question is; where do you go for lunches if you are not going to the parks certain days?Does BCV have counter service meals? TIA:santa:

The BW bakery has CS lunch options - there are 3 or 4 different sandwiches, a chicken caesar salad and a fruit plate...I haven't heard this has changed, last time I was at BW was July, but someone else may report differently. Also, yes BC has CS options as well - Hurricane Hannahs outside by the pool which has hamburgers, sandwiches, chicken nuggets and salad, and inside at the BC Marketplace there are sandwiches and salad similar to the BW Bakery.

:goodvibes

DVC Mike
12-26-2008, 06:29 AM
We'll be back at BWV in March and for the very first time we won't be staying in a boardwalk view room. I'm interested to see how if we'll enjoy BWV in a standard view room, as the great view is one of the main reasons we enjoy BWV so much.

Ronald Duck
12-26-2008, 06:56 AM
Here's a virtual walk from our (standard-view, 4th-floor) villa down to the boardwalk...all photos taken last week.
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23491.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23492.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23493.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23494.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23495a.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23495b.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23496.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497a.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497b.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497c.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497d.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497e.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497f.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497g.jpg

Judique
12-26-2008, 07:14 AM
Thank you for the great pictures! We'll be checking in tomorrow night for our annual Holiday visit. I was feeling a bit under the weather and thought about cancelling, but now I am ready to get packed and go! The pictures gave me a great pick me up.

jekjones1558
12-26-2008, 07:25 AM
Ronald Duck,
Where were you when you took the photo that has Leaping Libations in the background? I am drawing a blank...

bobbiwoz
12-26-2008, 07:29 AM
Great Great Great photos!!! Thank you...I am so psyched about this upcoming BWV vacation!

Bobbi:banana:

PS. I saw those wonderful themed light fixtures for the first time last month, but didn't have my camera...thank you especially for that picture...up until I sae them, I thought that only VWL had light fixtures of note!

Ronald Duck
12-26-2008, 07:31 AM
Ronald Duck,
Where were you when you took the photo that has Leaping Libations in the background? I am drawing a blank...

I was in the first floor hallway, near the elevators and across from Muscles and Bustles. We often went down that way to enjoy the pool area and get through to the Boardwalk.

Ronald Duck
12-26-2008, 07:36 AM
Thank you for the great pictures! We'll be checking in tomorrow night for our annual Holiday visit. I was feeling a bit under the weather and thought about cancelling, but now I am ready to get packed and go! The pictures gave me a great pick me up.

I'm betting that getting there will be just what the doctor ordered. Have a wonderful time!

Ronald Duck
12-26-2008, 07:39 AM
I saw those wonderful themed light fixtures for the first time last month, but didn't have my camera...thank you especially for that picture...up until I sae them, I thought that only VWL had light fixtures of note!

I hadn't explored BWV before, but I was surprised and pleased to see the fixtures, too. I thought of WL right away!

Have a glorious New Year's celebration there:)

LisaS
12-26-2008, 08:54 AM
We'll be back at BWV in March and for the very first time we won't be staying in a boardwalk view room. I'm interested to see how if we'll enjoy BWV in a standard view room, as the great view is one of the main reasons we enjoy BWV so much.I'll be interested to read your report and see some photos. We opted for a standard view for our next trip as well so that we could stay an extra day.

Melani
12-26-2008, 10:06 AM
I posted this in response to a question that I can't find now.....maybe too much eggnog..."kids, don't drink and post":confused3

I posted that question. That's good to know, I'll start doing laps around the neighborhood to get in shape.

Maybe next Christmas we can share some of that eggnog at BWV.

We are in the process of closing now. Can't wait to get in the system so I can book that trip at the 11 month window.

hygienejean
12-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Love those pictures RonDuck!

We are another BWV lovin' family! Definitely our favorite resort on property. We are taking our first standard veiw trip in April. We have always had that wonderful BW view. (Had a GV twice)I am looking forward to checking out the standard view...love the low points...but I am worried I'll be wistful of that wonderful lake view...:goodvibes

Ronald Duck
12-26-2008, 06:13 PM
I am looking forward to checking out the standard view...love the low points...but I am worried I'll be wistful of that wonderful lake view...:goodvibes

I'm sure you'll miss the lake/boardwalk view some, BUT our standard view room views were lovely, from sunrise to great views of Illuminations over the BWI across the way.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497h.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497i.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497j.jpg

BWV Dreamin
12-26-2008, 06:22 PM
We extended our last stay by one night, so we switched from BW view to standard for that one night. Others have had good luck, but we absolutely hated our standard view view. We were on the third floor, right across from the elevators (1 bedroom). Nope, gonna pay the points for bw view!:love:

hygienejean
12-27-2008, 06:57 AM
I will look forward to the sunrise and the possibility of it being quieter on the SV side. I won't be missing that basketball bouncing till 10:00 every night.:goodvibes

I wasn't aware that they changed the pullouts...Are they the same print? Bigger? or just more comfy?:)

I'm sure you'll miss the lake/boardwalk view some, BUT our standard view room views were lovely, from sunrise to great views of Illuminations over the BWI across the way.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497h.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497i.jpg
http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/543/23497j.jpg

heaven2dc
12-29-2008, 10:23 AM
I was there 12/13-12/20/08 with boardwalk view (1-bedroom) and loved my view!:lovestruc I was put in room 2001 when I arrived and wasn't happy with it (the view was great but it was so noisy with Jellyrolls next door - kept hearing the music and people outside til almost 2 a.m. even with the doors closed & tv on low). They moved me the next day to room 3041 and it was much better. Room 2001 was so far from the elevator (even tho it had stairs right next to the room, with an ankle brace and stroller, it was too hard to get up & down). I would have liked a larger balcony since only one person could comfortably sit out there (one balcony for the living room and one for the bedroom).

I will post pics as soon as I can figure out how from the memory card :confused3 I also converted another non-Disney believer (my daughter's fiance). He can't quit talking about what a great trip he had and esp the view from the room. He sat out on the balcony the first night til 1 a.m. just taking it all in. :cloud9:

Melani
02-04-2009, 06:12 PM
I know I've asked how bad's the walk to HS from BWV & someone was even kind enought to post a map.

So when I saw this I thought I'd share it.

I was looking for info on the Star Wars Weekend and I saw a video clip from '07. At the very end, Bob keeps the KartKam on for the ride/walk back from HS to Dolphin.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/Photos/Start-Wars-weekends-07/index.htm

bobbiwoz
02-04-2009, 07:02 PM
I'm glad this has come up! Love the pictures!!! Can't wait to be staying at BWV in March!!! Standard view, we've been fine with what we've had, actually very pleased. This particular BWV stay is with DGF and it's about visiting and being together and seeing the F&G show at Epcot together!:cheer2:

PS. DH comes at the end of the week, and we have Concierge AKV booked for then. Yes, a long weekend stay, Thursday to Sunday, 2 safaris booked!!!

AKV707
02-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Love BWV. Our last trip was there. I think we were in 5064, a dedicated pool view studio. Great view of the Swan, and 2 doors from the elevators! We were not concerned with the legendary hallways if we were not near the elevators because we are AKV owners!

BWV was great, and in a few years, we will do an add on there.

Weluvdisny
02-06-2009, 01:08 PM
I just booked today to start our trip during Marathon week. I wanted to get Standard View but I was worried about the getting the rest of my stay (I can't book it until 7 months because I gave some points to a friend and transferred SSR, duh!) with the same view. So I just took Garden view. Where is Garden view?

danv3
02-06-2009, 01:28 PM
New BWV owner here...thought I would subscribe for updates. We're looking forward to our first trip home in October (hopefully!) *fingers crossed*

AKV707
02-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Garden/pool view can be the pool, the croquet lawn or the village green. All really nice views.

Disney Princess
02-06-2009, 03:46 PM
We closed on our BWV purchase last fall and recently booked our first stay for January 3-January 9. So excited to watch this site for updates!!

BWVNUT
02-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Can't wait to be walking those long hallways next Sunday!!! :cool1:

Degli
02-09-2009, 08:47 AM
We are staying in a preferred view Wednesday and Thursday night. What should we request as for a room close to the lobby? We don't want the long halls scenario. Sad to say that we probably won't to be spending too much time at the villas, so what room request would make sense as to hauling luggage in and out for the short stay?

jekjones1558
02-09-2009, 09:05 AM
We are staying in a preferred view Wednesday and Thursday night. What should we request as for a room close to the lobby? We don't want the long halls scenario. Sad to say that we probably won't to be spending too much time at the villas, so what room request would make sense as to hauling luggage in and out for the short stay?

If you are staying in a studio, ask for Village Green. These overlook the grassy area between the boat dock and the lobby. They are very close to the elevator. I think that all of those rooms are studios, however, so no help if you're not in a studio.

Degli
02-09-2009, 10:19 AM
If you are staying in a studio, ask for Village Green. These overlook the grassy area between the boat dock and the lobby. They are very close to the elevator. I think that all of those rooms are studios, however, so no help if you're not in a studio.

Is the Village Green a preferred view? Yes, we are in a studio. Thanks

jekjones1558
02-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Is the Village Green a preferred view? Yes, we are in a studio. Thanks

Yes, VG is preferred view.

Karmadog
02-09-2009, 12:36 PM
We will be staying at BWV at the end of May for the first time. I was suprised that I was able to get 10 nights with a BW view at 7 months out. WE - CAN - NOT - WAIT!!! :woohoo:

Degli
02-11-2009, 06:19 AM
Leaving for BWV in a few hours. Can't wait, although we'll be getting in around 8:30pm. Guess we'll get dinner and then the hot tub I hope. Hopefully it will be nice weather. Bye!

heaven2dc
02-11-2009, 07:52 AM
Degli - have a great trip!! I'm so jealous (I went in December - was my third visit to BWV and I absolutely loved it. Boardwalk view - room 3041 was perfect!). I had to cancel our September trip due to the economy - cutbacks in salary but will dream of returning in 2010 hopefully!

abk96
02-11-2009, 08:34 AM
We LOVE BWV too!!!!

heaven2dc: we stayed in 3041 for our very first stay at BWV in 07.

We have a BW view this summer too and can't wait. We booked a 2 bedroom this time because my mom will be with us.

We're all very excited about returning to the BWV.:cloud9:

MikeNY
02-11-2009, 08:36 AM
We've tried to stay at BWV a few times, with no luck finding availability. Going to try again this November. We're very tempted to buy some BWV points, but are watching our dollars carefully these days.

bobbiwoz
02-11-2009, 10:36 AM
We've tried to stay at BWV a few times, with no luck finding availability. Going to try again this November. We're very tempted to buy some BWV points, but are watching our dollars carefully these days.

If you try between the F&W and Thanksgiving, you may be lucky! I hope whenever you want it for, you get it!

schimj
02-11-2009, 12:24 PM
Just thought I'd throw my name onto the list as well. DW & I bought a resale contract to use on our Honeymoon. We spent it in a SV Studio w/ an obstructed parking lot view, and loved it. We were there for 4 Nights/5 Days in late Jan, and had a great time. It was in the middle of a bit of a cold snap, so it was nice to be in a room with such easy access to everything, since we sometimes grew tired of parks and wanted to go back for a rest. The room was very nice too...it was only our 2nd stay in a DVC studio, so not sure how it is compared to all studios, but we liked the set up of it much more than the one we stayed at on Xmas eve in OKW...the flow of the room was much better. We were right near one of the quiet pools, so we did that one the few times we were in the mood for a swim, we walked over to the clown pool once, but it was a bit chaotic right then, so we went back to the quiet pool. We look forward to spending many happy vacations at our home resort as well as others, but so far, I think our home was a great choice for what we love the most about WDW.

mickeys girl 52
02-11-2009, 12:49 PM
If you try between the F&W and Thanksgiving, you may be lucky! I hope whenever you want it for, you get it!

Bobbi , I don;t post on here much but I am reading daily morning and night and love the Dis boards. I have to say you are always giving the nicest and most encouraging posts. You seem like a breath of fresh air. Just wanted you to no it is really appreciated.:cheer2: :cheer2:

Pocahantas
02-11-2009, 01:40 PM
We will be checking into BWV in 10 days and I can hardly wait. I can almost taste the Sangria from Spoodles!

Disney Princess
02-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Bobbi , I don;t post on here much but I am reading daily morning and night and love the Dis boards. I have to say you are always giving the nicest and most encouraging posts. You seem like a breath of fresh air. Just wanted you to no it is really appreciated.:cheer2: :cheer2:

You figured Bobbi out - she is one of the sweetest and most considerate on these boards! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 for Bobbi!!

I hope everyone who is going to BWV soon has a great time. Please bring back pictures. I am longing for a fix!!!