PDA

View Full Version : magicial express still running

c&k
12-16-2006, 03:56 PM
hi can anyone tell me if the magicial express is still running. we are staying at the swan arriving on the 28th. if so does it go to the swan and should i book it soon and what number would i call. thanks

IlovePiglet
12-16-2006, 04:37 PM
hi can anyone tell me if the magicial express is still running. we are staying at the swan arriving on the 28th. if so does it go to the swan and should i book it soon and what number would i call. thanks

DME is still operating but unless you are a DCL guest who has purchased the transportation portion of the package, Swan guests are not eligible to use DME since the Swan is not a Disney owned resort.

Lostgirlz
12-16-2006, 08:21 PM
I also heard Magical Express does not operate to the Swan, or Dolphin. You may want to call one of the town car services I have seen mentioned on the transportation board.

goofy4tink
12-17-2006, 07:57 AM
DME only services Disney owned resorts...Shades of Green, the Swan, and the Dolphin are not Disney owned resorts. So, you will not be able to use DME. You should book with a towncar service or Mears shuttle.

DisneyChristmas
12-18-2006, 12:46 PM
It's still there. Maybe a bit magical - certainly not express. Due to GPS problems, we couldn't see the DVD entertainment. We still had to collect our own luggage on arrival and take care of it on departure except while it rode in the belly of the bus to the airport. "Express" stopped at 2 other resorts and the other side of the airport coming and going. We were dumped off in an area not offering curbside checkin. You get what you pay for - so maybe I shouldn't complain about a free service.

goofy4tink
12-18-2006, 12:53 PM
DME only stops at one side of MCO when picking up passengers. For departures, it will stop on both Side A and Side B of MCO. As far as the 'express' goes....the only time I have had a towncar beat me, timewise, to my resort was the one time I had only carryon luggage. That time it took me 40 minutes after deplaning to get to my resort...POP. All other times it has taken me around 70 minutes using DME, as well as a towncar. The extra stops with DME are made up for in the time waiting for your luggage at baggage claim at MCO. Our bags took about 25 minutes on a Thursday morning, a week ago. So, it averages out pretty much evenly.

CleveRocks
12-18-2006, 02:30 PM
We still had to collect our own luggage on arrival WHY?

People may CHOOSE to do this, but no one HAS TO do it. If you thought you had to take your own luggage when you arrived at MCO at the beginning of your vacation, then, I'm sorry to say, you didn't do your homework, and that's not DME's fault. Same with your thought that you were guaranteed a direct ride to your resort without the chance of making any other stops. All the information is out there, in Disney's paperwork, paper publications, and official website. Plus there's all the info you can get right here on the DIS.

You may believe you get what you pay for, but you also get what you put into it.

I knew exactly what to expect with DME, so I used it to its full advantage and I'm a satisfied customer, TWICE. The first time I used it it was only 4 days old, but I still knew all the ins and outs, and that was from Disney and not from experienced users, because back then there were no experienced users.

With rare exceptions, the only "knocks" I read about DME are from people who expected something other than what is promised and advertised.

SoarinJ
12-18-2006, 03:44 PM
WHY?

You may believe you get what you pay for, but you also get what you put into it.

very good paoint, thank you for posting that.