PDA

View Full Version : OT-I'm really dumb about DELL. Need help, please.

c88fly
12-16-2006, 11:24 AM
Can someone help me with this, please? About six months ago, my DH subscribed to one of the music sites and downloaded hundreds of songs onto his computer. We are needing to cancel the subscription because my son now has a Nano and we need something compatable with that and we don't want to have to pay for 2 different music sites; however, we are not wanting to lose the songs that are on the computer. Is there anything we can buy to transfer the songs, like a memory card or something? And if we can transfer them, are we able to put them back on the computer or maybe download as ringtones?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm just really clueless about these "extras" for computers. :confused3

ardig123
12-16-2006, 02:35 PM
As far as i know you can add the songs to i-tunes and then upload them onto your ipod!

dawnball
12-16-2006, 02:36 PM
Which service did he subscribe to? If there's a way that he can burn the music to CDs (like to play in a regular or car CD player) that's probably the easiest way to keep them. If you're using itunes then itunes can import them off the audio CDs.

disneychrista
12-16-2006, 02:47 PM
If it a straight subscription, you won't be able to save those songs unless you paid the additonal to purchase them. Most subscriptions you have not purchased the rights to the songs, so you can't burn them or upload them to a MP3. Once the subscription goes away so do the songs.

I had a subscription thorough my internet provider (adlephia) and could only listen to them on my computer, couldn't burn them etc. And once I cancelled the memebership I no longer had access to the songs.

c88fly
12-16-2006, 05:35 PM
It is through Musicmatch. I think that's with yahoo??? You can tell I've never even listened to a song. Spend too much time on here!! :surfweb: