PDA

View Full Version : Taxi cab fare rates?

thefaultline
12-15-2006, 04:22 PM
My son and I will be taking our first ever trip to WDW in May 07 :cool1: , and will be staying at Pop Century. I'm not thrilled with the idea of relying on Disney transportation all the time, but am not old enough to rent a car without it costing an arm and leg.

So I plan on taking using taxi service to get us to our adr's and back to our resort from some of the parks. Is this doable? Will it be impossible to get a taxi after leaving the parks at night? Do any of the sites here have information fares? i.e = from MK to pop = $30.

thanks!
amanda

marc1477
12-16-2006, 03:02 PM
I am not sure about pricing for cabs, but why not just save the cab fare and spend it some other way. Disney transportation is not that bad in my opinion. I can only say that we have been to CBR and the bus service to/from there is good, and bus service to and from other places seem to be good as well.

castleri
12-16-2006, 03:12 PM
It cost us $10 to go from the point where buses drop off at EPCOT to the SWAN -only had 20 minutes to get to the care rental counter and didn't think we could make it through security and EPCOT in time - I second the use the bus, boat etc. and save your money. Spend some time between now and May researching the best ways to get from one location to another. Or instead of staying at POP Century stay at one of the monorail resorts. With what you would be spending on cabs you could afford that. How old is your son and where are your Adrs? That might help in getting some other answers. We use Disney transportation almost exclusively even when we have a car. It really works great most of the time.

canwegosoon
12-17-2006, 06:39 PM
I have never stayed at POP, but I have stayed different places and asked bell services to arrange a taxi and they could tell me the approximate price too.

thefaultline
12-18-2006, 10:01 AM
Or instead of staying at POP Century stay at one of the monorail resorts. With what you would be spending on cabs you could afford that. How old is your son and where are your Adrs? That might help in getting some other answers. We use Disney transportation almost exclusively even when we have a car. It really works great most of the time.

We have adrs for ohana, crt , chef mickeys , the pirate cruise, mickey's backyard bbq so far. My son is 5, will be turning 6 during our trip. I dont think I can afford a monorail resort, we are staying for 8 days and a delux hotel stay would cost more then my package at Pop :/ I was planning on just using the cabs at night, my son can fall asleep standing and there is no way I can hold/carry him while waiting, or on a standing room only bus!

Thanks!

thefaultline
12-18-2006, 10:06 AM
I am not sure about pricing for cabs, but why not just save the cab fare and spend it some other way. Disney transportation is not that bad in my opinion. I can only say that we have been to CBR and the bus service to/from there is good, and bus service to and from other places seem to be good as well.

I'm mostly worried about leaving the parks at night and the wait for the buses. I think part of my worry is that I haven't used bus transportation much in my life, and am used to being able to go at my own pace and comfort level. I only have about $250 set aside for cabs, so it's not much in in my over all budget.

thanks!

xyzabc33
12-18-2006, 10:34 AM
We had no problem with the wait for the buses. Not long at all...maybe 5 minutes at the most. I would think you would spend more time looking for a cab to take you back to POP then you would just hopping on the bus. As far as I know it is kinda a first come first serve basis on the cabs. Plus from the MK you will still have to take the monorail or ferry back to the TTC and get the cab from there so you might as well just take the bus for the time spent. I agree with the other poster---look into the transportation more thourghouly B4 spending unnecessary cash on the cabs (not that there is anything wrong with them, but you might as well take advantage of the perks you get for being a resort guest) Plus at POP you will still have to walk from the front of the main building (where the cab drops you off, which is right near where the buses drop off) to your room anyway. Call CRO they should be able to help you navigate the transportation system.

Plan your days so that you dont have to go far from what park you are in to your ADR. exp--Chef Mickeys is at the Contemp which is a 20 minute walk from the MK. When Dinner is over, catch the monorail back to the TTC and then a bus back to POP if you are not going back to the park. Dont go to Epcot on the day your ADR is at Chef Mickey;s too far away.

About the only resort I would take a cab to and from is Fort Wilderness Campground, being personally not as familiar with their bus system there.

castleri
12-18-2006, 12:19 PM
If you do decide to go with cabs you should be able to get some idea of the cost from the driver before you agree to the trip. With your budget you will probably be able to do cabs for your adrs. The cabs have fee schedules on them and it is suggested you stick with the yellow cabs I think. You might want to check with the front desk at your resort for advice. You need to do what you are most comfortable with. Since most of your ADRs are at or near the MK you will probably use the monorail to get to the Contemporary for Chef Mickey and O'hana and could get cabs from there if you don't plan to go back to the park (assuming they are dinner reservations). Getting to the ticket and transporation center from the MK can take longer than getting on a bus in the evening at times especially if it is near or after park closing so you may choose to walk to the Contemporary to get a cab. Hope you and your son have a magical time.

Atotty
12-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Found this on another thread http://www.mearstransportation.com/T...eEstimator.asp

It'll give you a cost est for all your trips.