PDA

View Full Version : Dme ?

mom0299
12-15-2006, 12:49 PM
This is the first time we are using DME. We weren't going to fly, but got some great tickets so we just booked DME last week for our trip next week. We got our yellow luggage tags yesterday, but the tags had our departure date and not our arrival date. The booklet did not have any arrival info. in it. I called DME and gave them our info.
We actually have two ressies at All-Star Sports because we added a day. We have the 19th reserved through Expedia and 20-23 reserved through Disney Travel. The ressie # on the tags is the one for the 20-23, but we arrive on the 19th. The lady on the phone said we should be fine now that they have our flight info, but I'm wondering if we'll run into a problem getting our bags because of the wrong ressie on the yellow tag.
Please help. :confused3

kaytieeldr
12-15-2006, 01:29 PM
You will NOT have a problem. DME does now have your correct arrival date, so your reservation is valid.

When you check in at the DME counter, your voucher is scanned; when you board the bus, it's scanned again. One or both of these scans notifies 'the system' that your yellow-tagged luggage (which was pulled before any luggage appeared on the carousel) currently being kept with all the other yellow-tagged luggage is now okay to load on a truck and transport to your resort.

Remember, it may take several hours - the trucks don't necessarily depart as frequently as the buses, and once they get to the resort they still need to be sorted and delivered.

CleveRocks
12-15-2006, 01:47 PM
I'll explain things in a different context than Ronda did.

The most important thing on those tags is the barcode. The barcode gives access to your reservation information in the database. As long as your reservation information is correct, then your bags will make it where they need to go regardless of what the text on the tag says. If it makes you feel better, you can take a marker and carefully cross out any incorrect info, but don't touch any of the barcodes!

mom0299
12-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Now, I'm worried. The ressie # on the tag (which I assume goes along with the barcode) is for our ressie that begins on the 20th, but we arrive on the 19th under a different ressie.

Lewisc
12-15-2006, 01:58 PM
Once your bag gets to your resort the resort uses your name, not the bar code, to verify you've checked in and to obtain your room number.

The bar code is scanned so Disney can track your luggage. It's not clear if the bar code or written information (resort name and location) is used in deciding what cage and truck your luggage goes in.

mom0299
12-15-2006, 02:05 PM
:goodvibes Once your bag gets to your resort the resort uses your name, not the bar code, to verify you've checked in and to obtain your room number.

The bar code is scanned so Disney can track your luggage. It's not clear if the bar code or written information (resort name and location) is used in deciding what cage and truck your luggage goes in.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I feel better now.