PDA

View Full Version : Ticked off at Airtran

DisDee
12-13-2006, 07:11 PM
I am so mad at Airtran right now. I just received an e-mail stating that our Jan. flight to Tampa has been changed from 9am till 3pm. We have the option of an earlier flight which would not be non-stop and therefore still getting us to Tampa much later than we want. Our plans were to do a half-day at BG on Sat. and again on Sunday before moving to WDW late on Sun afternoon. We booked this ressie in Sept., that's what makes me so angry. Now we have to switch everything around. My hubby isn't home right now, so I have to sit tight for a couple of hours until I can speak with him. I know this may sound trivial, but in this case change isn't good.Thanks for listening!

DebbieB
12-13-2006, 08:26 PM
That was one of my gripes with AirTran, they make big schedule changes. Since they don't fly alot of flights, the alternatives aren't good. Can you switch to Southwest from PHL?

DisDee
12-13-2006, 09:12 PM
I explored a bunch of options over the last couple of hours, so when DH came home we could make a decision. We decided to fly into Orlando on an early flight, pick up our rental car and drive to Tampa. We should be at BG by 1:00 and the park is open till 7. We actually did a little better on the rental price. The only downside to this is we have to get up and to the airport a couple of hours earlier, and the 1 1/2 hour drive to Tampa. I'm still aggravated with Airtran. The change was a huge difference in flight times. I doubt that I'll book with them again.

disneyeveryyear
12-14-2006, 08:38 AM
It's not just Airtran. American Airlines changed our flight too. Of course the only way I found this out was by checking my reservations online weekly. We originally booked in July for a trip in February.

We were scheduled to fly out of Bloomington, IL on the way to Anaheim in February. Our flight was to leave at 5:35 p.m. arriving in Anaheim at 9:45 p.m. It was perfect, we wouldn't have to take the kids out of school an extra day.

Then American Airlines changed our flight from 5:35 p.m. to 11:00 a.m. which included a 5 hour layover in Chicago.

We just changed to the 6:15 a.m. flight so we wouldn't have to sit in Chicago for 5 hours. So we now have an extra day at DL :) , but the kids will also miss another day of school :guilty: .

All of the airlines (except SWA) do it, at least they sent you an e-mail.

mousey
12-14-2006, 09:14 AM
I had a big change with Airtran too and they didn't even notify me, I went to check prices again and found out that our flight that we purposely booked so we wouldn't have to miss school/work was changed to 4 hours earlier. Its so frustrating!!!