PDA

View Full Version : When do you cash out?

Soccer Princess
12-13-2006, 03:40 PM
Do you usually cash out for gift cards/DD as soon as you get enough credits or do you hoard them and wait until there is a special redemption deal offered? :) Just wandering how everyone else does it.

mickeyfan1
12-13-2006, 04:17 PM
For me it depends on the place I am doing it from. I cashed out at QR for CR points and cashed them out for Disney Dollars. I have cashed out at My Points when they changed a lot odf stuff and I wasn't sure if they were going to stay on line. I haven't got enough at CTTM to cash out, nor do I at SR, although I am less than a dollar away for a DGC. I may wait to cash out there for a wile since there are sometimes good specials, but the rest of the places, I have never seen anything special or reduced points, etc.

Wilsonfamily4
12-13-2006, 09:24 PM
I usually do it right away. I think I am a bit nervous that these sites may just go away at any time and I want to get what I have coming. :) I know that is a long shot but I don't want to risk it. I am sooo close at netwinner to cashing out and VERY close at SR. I am not even sure what I will get, as it is too close to our trip now to try Disney money or cards.

azgal81
12-13-2006, 11:26 PM
I usually cash out as soon as I have enough points for $25 in either disney dollars or the gift card. I don't like waiting because the sites could vanish at any time. The only reward site that I have ever rec'd a special cashout for is sunshine rewards and those are usually announced at the beginning of the month.

bunnyfoo
12-14-2006, 10:42 AM
I try to wait until I have about $20-$25. I don't really like to wait until my trip before cashing out. I'm always worried that the rewards might not get to me on time or like others have already said - the site might just disappear and not pay.

Speaking of cashing out... has anyone recently received payment from CTTM (Click To The Magic)? I cashed out for $10 DD back in January and the points were moved out of the pending category a couple of months ago but I haven't received anything and Bonnie hasn't been answering my messages either. :confused3 :guilty:

foodallergy
12-14-2006, 11:02 AM
Like the others, I tend to cash out right away unless there's a big point discount for reaching the next level. Too many sites disappear quickly, and you know what they say about a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

MichaelsMickey
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
At mypoints I usually cash out when I have enought for a $50.00 gc and use them to buy my sons clothes and things. At QR I wait until I about a month before my trip and cash out. Last year I was able to get a $250 disney gc that way I didn't have all those $25 ones to keep track.

:banana:

Alice28
12-14-2006, 08:46 PM
With mypoints I usually cashout right away. For some reason they make me nervous.

With Sunshine I feel more comfortable saving up for awhile, but now that my trip is about at the 3 month mark, and I want my stuff at least 3-4 weeks before we go, I will probably cash out at the $20-25 range. I am hoping to score another $50 by Mid-February with them, and then I'll be set! :thumbsup2 I'm at $16 right now, with a few things pending. Love SR!