PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Paid Postage Labels..

KatDisney
12-08-2006, 03:40 PM
Just an FYI to everyone.

Please do NOT send pre-printed postage either from the post office or from a home computer. When I mailed the final packages out for the ABC swap. I was unable to use the prepaid labels and had to pay for the postage myself:(. One of the labels I was told was good for the day it was printed only. I don't know if everyone's post office is like this or not but my DH was grumpy

Mickster
12-08-2006, 06:17 PM
My post office told me the same thing. The postage that they print is good only for the date it is printed.

PrincessNancy96
12-08-2006, 07:52 PM
I was able to use the ones here...but it was only because the guy is a sweetheart and didn't check..but when I have taken others in.. I was told they can't be used and good only that day also..

Caitsmama
12-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Thank you for mentioning this, for the last swap i hosted (the pirate one) i had two people send me in prepaid postage, and my po won't take them, so i ended up paying for the postage, and meant to post a thread about that - but forgot, glad you did!!
The best thing to do is send in cash or stamps (NOT prepaid labels).

KatDisney
12-08-2006, 10:13 PM
I've never had an issue with this before but today I was so mad at the post office I could have screamed. I also had a couple of $4.05 stamps that I put on a box that I was sending to my kids and I messed up the address so I cut them off the old box and they refused those because they had a thin piece of brown wrapping on the bottom of them.

I think from now on when I host a swap Im just going to ask ppl send the cash and then I will have it all metered at the PO that way nothing can go wrong. I will also just send cash when I join a swap. It just seems so much easier.

This swap was such a breeze until I got to the post office..lol..