PDA

View Full Version : Valentine Recipe SWAP

Pages : [1] 2

MickeyP
12-04-2006, 10:12 AM
You are invited to join a Valentine's Day Recipe SWAP. The theme, of course, is love. It's for appetizers, soups, entrees, drinks, desserts, or candy with a romantic flair.

REQUIREMENTS: These must measure 8.5 x 5.5. Binders and protectors for this size can be found at Staples.
Use cardstock and layer at least once. You can embellish any way you want, but be C-R-E-A-T-I-V-E!!!!!!!! Make 8 for each group. You will not get one back, so make an extra and keep it. These are due FEBRUARY 1st, 2007. NO LATER. I will be very strict about this. I will mail all swaps out Feb. 2nd, so people will have these in a timely fashion for what they were intended for.
If you will need an angel, please request one. It's not fair to the rest of the group to leave them hanging.

SENDING and RECEIVING: Put each recipe in a plastic bag for protection, then mail it to me. Do not put them in a ziplock that is smaller than the card because they leave marks on them (regular baggies are better for this). I will pm you my addy when you are ready to mail them out. However you send them, send an envelope and postage for the same amount for returning. Also include a piece of paper with your name, your DisBoard name, your recipe and your group#. You may sign up for more than one group if you wish.

To join a group, post here. Put down your Dis-name and your recipe. (Please title your recipe. Ex: Lover's Shrimp Scampi or Hugs and Kisses Hot Chocolate) This will make it more fun and easier to decorate.

GROUP #1
1. AlexWyattMommy-Date Night Date Nut Bars RECEIVED
2. Aries1980- Lickable FUNdue RECEIVED
3. Mickster- Lover's Cocktails-RECEIVED
4. ddavis 860- Lover's Lasagna RECEIVED
5. BernardandMissbianca- Cranberry Kisses RECEIVED
6. YodasMom- Sassy Strawberry Spinach Salad RECEIVED
7. Maria34a- Cornish Hens for Lovers RECEIVED
8. rlovew- Cute as a Button Stuffed Mushrooms RECEIVED

GROUP #2

1. Downrivermama- Luscious Lemon Bars RECEIVED
2. Aries1980- The Flirtini (drink) RECEIVED
3. rlovew- Chocolate Cheesecake -RECEIVED
4. Yodasmom- Savory Onion Tart RECEIVED
5. Marlynnp- Lobster and Artichoke HEART Salad RECEIVED
6. Ddavis860- Voulez-vous Fondue RECEIVED
7. MazdaUK- Tender-HEARTed Pork-RECEIVED
8. Mickeyfan2- Amore Italian Sauce w/ Meatballs-RECEIVED

Thanks for joining! Let's have fun with it!!!!!!!

This SWAP is now closed!!!!

aries1980
12-04-2006, 09:52 PM
This looks like fun I will sign up for one group first and let you know my recipe def. tomorrow

BernardandMissBianca
12-04-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey MickeyP, just popping in to see if you wanted me to put you on the 2007 Swap calendar. We started a calendar about a month ago to keep track of all our upcoming swaps. We're a little swap crazy around here but things have slowed down a bit over the holidays.

Quick Question:
What is the +1, is that a spot for an angel? Kind of a cool idea.
Thanks for hanging out with us!!

P.S. the swap calendar is stickied to the to of this forum. Here's a link.
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1247934

ddavis860
12-05-2006, 07:16 AM
I have a question about the size...

8 1/2 x 5 1/2? Are there books that will fit this? That 1/2" won't fit my 8x8...just curious. :teeth:

MickeyP
12-05-2006, 11:39 AM
I just went to Michael's last night because I have probably 30 recipes already made that size from different swaps, but your right, they won't fit 8X8 books. I'll change it to anything 8x8 or smaller.

ddavis860
12-05-2006, 11:56 AM
:blush: I was just wondering if there was a book that size...I didn't mean to change it. How will you scrap the ones you have?

I'll sign up, I love recipes!

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Other recipe swaps we've done in the past were 6x6. It works out well if you have an even number per group because you just cut down the 12x12 sheets. Just an idea.

HHMMM my cherry chocolate cookies might be a good one......Delish as soon as they come out of the oven and are still gooey.

OK OK sign me up. Geez twist my arm why don't ya! LOL

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 12:17 PM
MickeyP I added you to the calendar and included the link here.

YodasMom
12-05-2006, 12:26 PM
Count me in, too. I will get back to you with a recipe.

ddavis860
12-05-2006, 12:32 PM
I have my recipe :stir: ...Lover's Lasagna :lovestruc

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
I have my recipe :stir: ...Lover's Lasagna :lovestruc

OOHHH yum! No garlic though right!!! ;)

ddavis860
12-05-2006, 01:09 PM
OOHHH yum! No garlic though right!!! ;)

HUH!?!

Actually my kids call it Bum's Lasagna...but that doesn't have quite the, errr...romance :lmao:

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 01:29 PM
HUH!?!

Actually my kids call it Bum's Lasagna...but that doesn't have quite the, errr...romance :lmao:

no garlic for lovers! I really don't want to kiss DH if he has garlic breath. Or is it just called lasagna but has other stuff in it.
You'll have to excuse me, I'm having a Nancy moment. LOL

PrincessNancy96
12-05-2006, 01:32 PM
no garlic for lovers! I really don't want to kiss DH if he has garlic breath. Or is it just called lasagna but has other stuff in it.
Hey hey! I heard that... :thumbsup2

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Hey hey! I heard that... :thumbsup2

:p :rolleyes1 :duck:

MickeyP
12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
:blush: I was just wondering if there was a book that size...I didn't mean to change it. How will you scrap the ones you have?

I'll sign up, I love recipes!

There is, because I saw one on clearance 2 months ago. Of course I'm kicking myself for it. They are very hard to come by.

maria34a
12-05-2006, 01:53 PM

Is Nancy a blond too??? LOL!!!! Buffy, I have been meaning to ask you? Are you the Vampire slayer??? :banana: :lmao: :lmao:

I really am evil you know!!!! :lmao:

Stac just doesn't know what to do with me sometimes!!!!!! LOL!!!!

maria34a
12-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I guess I will have to sign Up too! Put me down for Cornish Hens for Lovers Suffed with Pumpernickel Sausage Stuffing.

Yes I have now fallen off the wagon!!!! Thanks a lot!!!! :rotfl2:

Downrivermama
12-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I'm in. How's "Luscious Lemon Bars?" They are sooooo good!

YodasMom
12-05-2006, 02:16 PM
There is, because I saw one on clearance 2 months ago. Of course I'm kicking myself for it. They are very hard to come by.

You know, I have seen "8 1/2 x 8 1/2" books, and I think it was within the last couple of weeks at Hobby Lobby. Can't remember the brand, but it was a major brand. I will keep my eye out, but so you can check them out for your other recipes, MickeyP, and then will post. I need to stop there this week anyway, maybe today.

I think "8 x"8 or "6 x6" sounds easier for most people though, for this swap.

YodasMom
12-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Count me in, too. I will get back to you with a recipe.

I will do "Hearts and Flowers Frosted Sugar Cookies" . This recipe is the best sugar cookie I've found and was even a hit at Christmas with the adults.

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 02:26 PM
Is Nancy a blond too??? LOL!!!! Buffy, I have been meaning to ask you? Are you the Vampire slayer??? :banana: :lmao: :lmao:

I really am evil you know!!!! :lmao:

Stac just doesn't know what to do with me sometimes!!!!!! LOL!!!!

She is, I'm not! LOL

I'm not the Vampire Slayer, but in my party days I was known as the sailor slayer. I hung out at a Navy Enlistedmens club and have been known to break a few Navy hearts. That's where I met DH too. I'm sure you can figure out where the base is! we're not to far away.

maria34a
12-05-2006, 02:50 PM
She is, I'm not! LOL

I'm not the Vampire Slayer, but in my party days I was known as the sailor slayer. I hung out at a Navy Enlistedmens club and have been known to break a few Navy hearts. That's where I met DH too. I'm sure you can figure out where the base is! we're not to far away.

I noticed that you didn't like the garlic????? Does that mean anything??? Tee! Hee! I like the Sailor slayer thing!!!!

ddavis860
12-05-2006, 03:09 PM
Guess I never thought about the garlic...Hmmmmm... If you both eat it doesn't it cancel out? :confused3

As for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I love that show. I even asked for the deluxe gift set for Christmas last year. :teeth:

aries1980
12-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Ok I wanna be in group three for A fabulous drink The Flirtini...

and for the first group I will make Lickable FUNdue (fondue)

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Guess I never thought about the garlic...Hmmmmm... If you both eat it doesn't it cancel out? :confused3

As for the Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I love that show. I even asked for the deluxe gift set for Christmas last year. :teeth:

I guess it would be ok as long as you both eat the lasagna.

And don't get me started on Buffy The Vampire Slayer, my mom and brother watched it. There are way to many similarities for my liking. Her full name is very close to mine although my first name is different than my nickname. I had a friend named Faith and an enemy named Willow. My best friend in high school was a guy, not Zander, but still a guy. There are others but like I said I didn't watch it, it was just too weird watching my life unfold on TV and not getting any credit for it. :rotfl2:

I still get looks today if DH calls my name in public, like yeah right we know where she got that name from. Hello! I'm way older, ok maybe not way older, but older than Sarah Michelle Gellar.

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 03:49 PM
Help me come up with a good name for my dark chocolate cherry cookies.

Mickster
12-05-2006, 04:11 PM
Red, Dark and Yummy cookies? (Tall, dark and Handsome...) The best I could do with the small people complaining. ;)

Downrivermama
12-05-2006, 04:14 PM
How about "Mi Cheri Amour Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies?" It's been a slooow day!

MickeyP
12-05-2006, 04:56 PM
How about Mon Cheri Cherries? See? I told you guys...... FUN!

MickeyP
12-05-2006, 05:06 PM
I love the Flirtini. You guys are doing great with the names. You can get risque. It's ok with me.
Now, I shortened the Cornish Game Hens for Lovers with Sausage Stuffing....
LOL...now that I think about it... LOL... was this supposed to have a double meaning? IF not, DISREGARD, please. I don't know where my mind is at.

BernardandMissBianca
12-05-2006, 05:23 PM
I love the Flirtini. You guys are doing great with the names. You can get risque. It's ok with me.
Now, I shortened the Cornish Game Hens for Lovers with Sausage Stuffing....
LOL...now that I think about it... LOL... was this supposed to have a double meaning? IF not, DISREGARD, please. I don't know where my mind is at.

I'm not :rolleyes1 going to :teeth: say anything! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

ddavis860
12-05-2006, 05:45 PM
My DH had a few different names for the lasagna too.... :smooth:
But I'm too much of an :angel:

aries1980
12-05-2006, 09:15 PM
Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies = Cherry Popems

Dark Chocolate Cherry Cookies= Rich Succulent Sensual Cookie (LOL)

maria34a
12-06-2006, 09:02 AM
Pop the cherry with dark chocolate??????

OK who said that??????

:lmao:

maria34a
12-06-2006, 09:09 AM

Since Nancy is the blond, and you started this "Nancy moment" phrase!!! Can we all use it?? I kinda like that!!!!! :lmao: So everytime I am having a blond moment even though I am not a blond, I can just say I am having a Nancy moment and it's kinda like using Code!!!!!! :lmao:

Did I mention that I can be EVIL????? :rotfl: LOL!!!!! All in fun though!!!!

Nancy are you a good sport!!!!! LOL!!!! :banana:

BernardandMissBianca
12-06-2006, 10:31 AM
Since Nancy is the blond, and you started this "Nancy moment" phrase!!! Can we all use it?? I kinda like that!!!!! :lmao: So everytime I am having a blond moment even though I am not a blond, I can just say I am having a Nancy moment and it's kinda like using Code!!!!!! :lmao:

You can use a Nancy moment as long as it doesn't bother her, which I doubt she'll care, as long as when we're being Evil we can have a Maria moment. :rotfl2:

PrincessNancy96
12-06-2006, 12:18 PM

Yes, I'm a good sport!!! I have no problem sharing my "Nancy Moments"..

maria34a
12-06-2006, 12:24 PM
WoW!!! Does that make me FAMOUS too!!!! A MARIA MOMENT!!!! For being EVIL!!!!! I like that!!! pirate:

Yes you may use the "Maria Moment" Code!!!!! :rotfl2:

This can be fun!!!!

So when we are talking about Vampires we can have Buffy Moments!!!!!! :lmao:

I love it!!!!!

BernardandMissBianca
12-06-2006, 04:33 PM
So when we are talking about Vampires we can have Buffy Moments!!!!!! :lmao:

I love it!!!!!

Not exactly a common phrase. How about having a Goddess Moment?!

maria34a
12-07-2006, 08:12 AM
Not exactly a common phrase. How about having a Goddess Moment?!

Alright :rolleyes1 we can use GODDESS if that is what you want!!!! I suppose... I personally like the Buffy moment, but it is YOUR name... :rotfl2:

MickeyP
12-07-2006, 09:15 AM
I think we're scaring off potential players. Anymore LOVEly recipes? We can help you turn a dish into an amorous one. I obviously can't spell amerous, amourous, ammorous....forget it. That's Amore.

maria34a
12-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I think we're scaring off potential players. Anymore LOVEly recipes? We can help you turn a dish into an amorous one. I obviously can't spell amerous, amourous, ammorous....forget it. That's Amore.

Nonsence they know we are all wacked!!! :lmao:

BernardandMissBianca
12-07-2006, 02:32 PM
Nonsence they know we are all wacked!!! :lmao:

OH yeah, we are nuts! That's why we're relegated to the basement (the bottom of the boards).
Seriously though I'm sure others may join in soon. We can keep the sign ups open over the holidays if you want since they aren't due until Feb.

Did we decide officially on a size yet?

Ok my cookies need the word goddess in it. HHMMM ideas???

Come on people join the fun!!!!

maria34a
12-07-2006, 03:03 PM
OH yeah, we are nuts! That's why we're relegated to the basement (the bottom of the boards).
Seriously though I'm sure others may join in soon. We can keep the sign ups open over the holidays if you want since they aren't due until Feb.

Did we decide officially on a size yet?

Ok my cookies need the word goddess in it. HHMMM ideas???

Come on people join the fun!!!!

Yeah fall off the wagon with the rest of us!!!! :lmao:

:teeth: oh no :teeth: I feel a Maria Moment coming on! :teeth: :teeth:

Better :rotfl2: not :lmao: comment on :rotfl: the :teeth: size!!!!!! :rolleyes1

BernardandMissBianca
12-07-2006, 03:36 PM
Yeah fall off the wagon with the rest of us!!!! :lmao:

:teeth: oh no :teeth: I feel a Maria Moment coming on! :teeth: :teeth:

Better :rotfl2: not :lmao: comment on :rotfl: the :teeth: size!!!!!! :rolleyes1

OY what are we going to do with you???

rlovew
12-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Okay- I am joining group 2 with my chocolate cheescake. I think about a more creative time when I ship my kids off to their parents for Christmas break and can think again.

Rebecca

YodasMom
12-07-2006, 07:23 PM
I'll jump into Group 2 as well. My recipe for this one will be a wonderful appetizer "Sensual Onion Tarts". Don't worry, the onions are carmelized and very sweet and won't lead to onion breath.

MickeyP
12-07-2006, 09:12 PM
They both sound amazing! Welcome rLOVEw and Yodasmom, (again) glad you're here.

YodasMom
12-07-2006, 09:30 PM
MickeyP........I told you earlier I would post if I saw an 8.5" x 8.5" album. One of the brands carried at Target is Marcella and I saw some of that size there yesterday in that brand......FYI, in case you need it to use with your previous recipes

Mickster
12-07-2006, 10:47 PM
I don't know if you'd want one this big, but my Michael's carries an 8.5 x 11 album.

MickeyP
12-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Actually, I'm looking for 8.5 x 5.5. Is that what you meant Yoda? I am headed there today, and I otherwise wouldn't have checked there. Staples has a binder, but you have to special order the protective pages. I saw one on ebay from the UK. I really wanted someone to say, "Oh, Walmart has those." but no one has. :sad1:

PrincessNancy'sSS
12-08-2006, 08:46 AM
I'll join! Please put me down under my 'regular name ~ Marlynnp. (this computer won't let me log out, lol)
I'll pick a recipe later today. Thanks

YodasMom
12-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Actually, I'm looking for 8.5 x 5.5. Is that what you meant Yoda? I am headed there today, and I otherwise wouldn't have checked there. Staples has a binder, but you have to special order the protective pages. I saw one on ebay from the UK. I really wanted someone to say, "Oh, Walmart has those." but no one has. :sad1:

Oh, I'm sorry......No, the ones I saw were 8.5 x 8.5......sorry! I've never seen 8.5 x5.5, but then again I've never looked for them. You might be able to find 9 x 6 somewhere.

maria34a
12-08-2006, 09:47 AM
See I told you they would come!! The temptation of the SWAP is too strong!!! :rotfl2: Post it and they will come :rotfl:

PrincessNancy'sSS
12-08-2006, 12:04 PM
okay, I will do my Lobster and Artichoke Heart Salad recipe. The word Heart is in it.... but does anyone want to make up a more romantic name?

MickeyP
12-08-2006, 12:26 PM
Welcome to our SWAP. Is it Marly or Nancy?

PrincessNancy96
12-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Welcome to our SWAP. Is it Marly or Nancy?
Her name is MarlynnP (screenname)...
She was my secret sister for a swap...

ddavis860
12-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Please add me to group 2 also...recipe to follow...

I never realized but everything I make has either onion or garlic... Every recipe DH has come up with "you make a good ____" has had onions or garlic.

So, I have to think on this...

I think I'll make mine 6x6, then I can get 4 from 1 12x12...I like that idea :teeth:

MickeyP
12-08-2006, 01:27 PM
Good idea on the 6 x 6. Then you won't go insane tring to find an album.

marlynnp
12-08-2006, 02:05 PM
:wave2: It's me!

I had to delete all my internethistory/cookies.etc. :(
But I am back as myself :teeth:

MickeyP
12-10-2006, 01:07 PM
I fixed the original sign-up list. 8 in each group. If anyone from 2 wants to be in 1 also. Post now or forever hold your peace.

rlovew
12-10-2006, 01:27 PM
I'll join 1. I will have to think about the recipe a bit though. I do lots of cooking so I have many of them- I will look and make sure that it is different from the others and I will look and see what part of a meal we need.

Rebecca

MickeyP
12-11-2006, 08:20 AM
I gottcha down.

YodasMom
12-11-2006, 11:24 AM
Just wondering............Are we going to have a specific size agreed upon for the recipe cards so that each one will fit a certain size book? Are we doing 6 x 6" or 8 x 8"? It would be nice to have them all the same size. Thanks!! ;)

maria34a
12-11-2006, 12:03 PM
Just wondering............Are we going to have a specific size agreed upon for the recipe cards so that each one will fit a certain size book? Are we doing 6 x 6" or 8 x 8"? It would be nice to have them all the same size. Thanks!! ;)

Karen,
Your right! That would be a great idea! We could just make a book for them ourselves for the recipes! Very cute!

MickeyP
12-11-2006, 03:33 PM
Someone suggested 6 x 6, so they could get 4 out of a 12 x 12. There are lots of 8 x 8 albums out there. I just found a binder and page protectors at Staples for my hard-to-find 8.5 x 5.5, which is a half sheet of paper. I love this size, but understand wanting uniformity. Post what you would prefer.

6x6 square
5x7 rectangle
8.5 x 5.5 rectangle

I like the 8.5 x 5.5 because it doesn't seem small and there is room to adequately layer and embellish. Post what you like and majority will rule. Thx, D.

BernardandMissBianca
12-11-2006, 03:49 PM
Well if 8.5 x 5.5 is available at Staples then I could swing it. Staples is easy to come by in my area. We did 6x6 for a recipe swap on another board and it's not bad. You are a little cramped for space but they are nice.

I would vote for 8.5 x 5.5 or 6 x 6 just because it would be easier to do the paper.

ddavis860
12-11-2006, 04:11 PM
I'm OK with anything, so whatever the group decides is good with me. I had already figured that if I couldn't find a 8.5 x 5.5 I would use a 8.5 x 11 and just have the pages sideways in a regular binder. I was going to use black cardstock to back them all. It actually would fit in with all the recipes that I have from Menu Mailer and online...

So anything goes with me:teeth:

YodasMom
12-13-2006, 12:17 PM
I have everything but Staples really close to me, but I have a work meeting on Friday near a Staples store, so I will check them out for the 8.5 x 5.5" book. I checked online and those are from the SEI Preservation series, I believe? They can also be purchased through shopsei.com. Any of the sizes you suggested are fine with me, but I'll still check out Staples later this week.

ddavis860
12-13-2006, 04:20 PM
Ok, my DH has come up with the name for my recipe for group 2... Gooey-due for 2 :rotfl2: :lmao: :teeth: What a guy... :smooth:

BernardandMissBianca
12-13-2006, 05:01 PM
how about OH-MY-Goddess That Was Amazing cookies??

Had to throw goddess in there. LOL

ddavis860
12-13-2006, 05:03 PM
how about OH-MY-Goddess That Was Amazing cookies??

Had to throw goddess in there. LOL

BernardandMissBianca
12-13-2006, 05:13 PM

Do I take that as a YES YES YES!!! ???? :rotfl2: I kill me.

MazdaUK
12-14-2006, 06:01 AM
We don't have Staples over here, but I do have an album tucked away which I'm not using because its not CM and I'm a good little CMC :angel: I'll check the size. Otherwise 6x6 would be better for me, because I could put them in a 7 x 7 CM album. Or I could improvise with something else maybe? (Suggestions please!)

I'll do "tender-hearted pork" (main dish) can I have group 2 please?

maria34a
12-14-2006, 11:30 AM
I vote for a 6X6!!!!

maria34a
12-14-2006, 11:32 AM

mickeyfan2
12-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Could you please put me in group #2 Amore Italian sauce with meatballs.

ddavis860
12-14-2006, 01:32 PM

Ummmm, I'll have what she's having.... :rotfl2:

maria34a
12-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Ummmm, I'll have what she's having.... :rotfl2:

:rotfl:
Make that 2!!!!

BernardandMissBianca
12-14-2006, 02:02 PM
2 Yes Yes Yes's coming up! HHMM maybe that will be the name of my cookies?!

MickeyP
12-14-2006, 07:01 PM
We are officially starting Group 3! If your recipe doesn't have a name yet, or you haven't decided on a name, just post what you have chosen, when you've decided. Thx.

AlexWyattMommy
12-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Okay, I resisted long enough. Even if I can't cook my way out of a paper bag, I do have some great recipes. And I can always use these as "display only" on my counter for Valentine's Day.

So put me in group 3 for "Date Night Date Nut Bars"

MickeyP
12-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Welcome AWM!!!

ddavis860
12-16-2006, 08:22 PM
Just wondering what is the final size?

YodasMom
12-17-2006, 10:55 AM
Just wondering what is the final size?

I agree, it would be good to know the size. I wasn't able to get to Staples to check out their books Friday since my meeting was postponed. I don't really care what size it is, except that one of my recipes may be a little difficult to do on a small page....I'll make it work, though. Any size is fine, but I mainly want a uniform size for all of them.

MickeyP
12-17-2006, 11:52 AM
I put down in the original post, 8.5 x 5.5. Like I said, it makes it easier to work with and not be so cramped.

YodasMom
12-21-2006, 08:28 AM
I went to Staples yesterday and they do not carry any scrapbooks at our local (Chicago area) stores. They checked their computers and found none in the system for the store online or available to them to order. So, I guess the only way to get the 8.5 x 5.5" ( for me at least) is to order directly through shopsei.com. I'm wondering if they used to carry them storewide and discontinued them.

BernardandMissBianca
12-21-2006, 08:40 AM
I went to Staples yesterday and they do not carry any scrapbooks at our local (Chicago area) stores. They checked their computers and found none in the system for the store online or available to them to order. So, I guess the only way to get the 8.5 x 5.5" ( for me at least) is to order directly through shopsei.com. I'm wondering if they used to carry them storewide and discontinued them.

I think it was more a binder than a scrapbook. I'll look at mine today and see what they have.

YodasMom
12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
I think it was more a binder than a scrapbook. I'll look at mine today and see what they have.

I looked in that area, too, at Staples...........nothing related was there.

SEI Preservation series has them that size online at the SEI website, but that's all I can find online.

Mickster
12-21-2006, 10:09 AM
I wasn't going to do this one. I really wasn't. But, I found a recipe that looks cool - a Hearty Dessert. :) So, I'm in.

AlexWyattMommy
12-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Ha! You are as bad as me!! I tried to resist too.

Glad to see you here. :Pinkbounc

MickeyP
12-21-2006, 03:52 PM
Staples caries the small binders and the 5.5 x 8.5 page protectors. (1/2 sheet) They are plain white and you can put something inside the cover to indicate is a recipe book. If anyone needs one, I can get you one.

YodasMom
12-21-2006, 04:30 PM
Staples caries the small binders and the 5.5 x 8.5 page protectors. (1/2 sheet) They are plain white and you can put something inside the cover to indicate is a recipe book. If anyone needs one, I can get you one.

Found it online at Staples under binders. Thanks.......

BernardandMissBianca
12-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Found it online at Staples under binders. Thanks.......

Cool! Doesn't the internet rock! :teeth:

Mickster
12-21-2006, 09:54 PM
That it does! Of course, for those of us who are juggling 97 million things right now, here is the item number and such... Item 300707 Model CO3810WE. Makes it a bit easier to find. :)

AlexWyattMommy
12-28-2006, 09:24 PM
I was going to get started on this one today, but there are only two of us in group 3 right now. When is the closing date of sign ups for this swap? I don't want to make all eight and there still be only two of us.

Mickster
12-28-2006, 09:39 PM
It is like you can read my mind! I was just wondering the same thing! :laughing:

AlexWyattMommy
12-28-2006, 09:40 PM
Well, we ARE sisters you know!! :thumbsup2

Mickster
12-28-2006, 09:44 PM
That we are my dear, that we are. :hug:

mickeyfan2
12-28-2006, 09:56 PM
Why don't we close down group #3 and make the other groups have 9 people in them. Since we are suppose to make 8 and not get ours back we should really only be making 7 for the groups, so the exta person would be not additional work anyway.

MazdaUK
12-29-2006, 06:57 AM
I'm OK with 9 in each group, but before I start cutting are we definite on the sizes? I could get a CM A4 album and have spaces, but we don't have Staples over here and I don't think they post to the UK.

I have my PC back:banana: :cheer2:

maria34a
12-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Why don't we close down group #3 and make the other groups have 9 people in them. Since we are suppose to make 8 and not get ours back we should really only be making 7 for the groups, so the exta person would be not additional work anyway.

I agree, I don't mind making 9 either, This has been opened long enough and everyone who wanted to join probably already did! That way the people in Group 3 won't be left out in the "Cold" so to speak! :laughing:

Also, I don't mind sending a binder over to the UK for MAZDA if nobody has any objections! It would certainly save her money! All she has to do is send me money and I will buy it and send it over to her! See, sometimes I can be nice! :hippie: I don't always have to be EVIL!!!!! :lmao:

Just let me know what is going on!!!!
Maria

MickeyP
12-29-2006, 12:17 PM
Ok, I hope no one objects, but I closed the swaps. I have edited the original post, but everyone will still be making 8. PM me for my address when you are ready to send them in.

Mickster
12-29-2006, 02:35 PM
I totally don't mind, but it looks like you took yourself out of the groups! I wouldn't mind making 9, so that you could get a set too.:flower3:

Mickster
12-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Ok. Just thought of one more question. Is it 8.5 x 5.5 (tall and skinny) or 5.5 x 8.5 (short and fat)? I'd hate for mine to be the wrong orientation for someone's book.

AlexWyattMommy
12-29-2006, 03:23 PM
I hope it is tall and skinny. Otherwise I'll have to redo mine. Let me know ASAP.

MickeyP
12-29-2006, 04:41 PM
I say do it anyway you want. If them all being the same is a factor, post what you prefer.

rlovew
12-29-2006, 04:57 PM
The orientation doesn't matter to me but as I was getting ready to start I was wondering too.

It doesn't matter to me but if people have gotten the books (I haven't had a chance yet- is there an easier way to use it.

rlovew
12-29-2006, 05:05 PM
Okay- Looking at group 1 we seem to be missing an appetizer so I will do my stuffed mushrooms but can someone help with a more Valentinezy name?

Thanks,
rebecca

AlexWyattMommy
12-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Cute as a Button stuffed Mushrooms?

Mickster
12-29-2006, 09:58 PM
It doesn't matter much to me which direction. Just wanted to know if it mattered at all. Sorry for opening that can of worms. (Lovely, worms and a recipe book...Sorry again for that visual...):sick:

But, since I wasn't married to the recipe I picked, can I change mine to a Chocolatini or A Lover's Cocktail? Whichever you prefer. Doesn't matter to me at all. Thanks! :)

YodasMom
12-29-2006, 10:02 PM
Chocolatini or A Lover's Cocktail?

MMMMM.......One of my favorites!!

Mickster
12-29-2006, 10:07 PM
But which one would you prefer? Either would work for me...:confused3

YodasMom
12-29-2006, 10:34 PM
But which one would you prefer? Either would work for me...:confused3

Oh, I'm sorry.....I was just commenting on how good they are!

I assume you're asking about the name? Are the drinks both the chocolate martini? Well, I guess "A Lover's Cocktail" is a more romantic name. But, I always call it a Chocolatini, and that makes me happy!

rlovew
12-30-2006, 07:24 AM
Both of those names sound great- I do agree that A lover's cocktail sounds more romantic but a chocolatini sounds fun too.

ddavis860
12-30-2006, 08:01 AM
Ok. Just thought of one more question. Is it 8.5 x 5.5 (tall and skinny) or 5.5 x 8.5 (short and fat)? I'd hate for mine to be the wrong orientation for someone's book.

I'm so glad you asked this question! I never gave it a thought, just assumed that these were to be short and fat...LOL...Tall and skinny makes better sense...

I'm still confused, we making 9 and sending 8, keeping ours at home? That's cool, just want to make sure that I have it right...

I also need help for a "romantic" title for my cheese fondue in group 2. DH's idea is "Gooey-due for Two". Anyone have a better idea? "Cheese" just doesn't sound "romantic" ya know?

AlexWyattMommy
12-30-2006, 09:59 AM
Fromage Fondue Avec Vous?

AlexWyattMommy
12-30-2006, 10:00 AM
I vote for the Lover's Cocktail. I plan on giving the completed altered album to my sister and she LOVES the chocolate martini.

ddavis860
12-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Hmmmmmm, French is so much more romantic! Great idea!! I have SO many scrappy ideas now! What about

Voulez-vous fondue avec moi ce soir?:lmao:

Any other ideas?

YodasMom
12-30-2006, 01:49 PM
I hate to be such a pain, but can I change my recipe for Group 1?

It looks like we have several desserts and entrees, and I would like to do something more romantic than the cookies that I was going to do (though they are really good).

Since we don't have a salad recipe, could I substitute "Passionate Strawberry Spinach Salad"? (FYI: If people don't feel comfortable with spinach, they can substitute Romaine or mixed greens).

Please let me know if this is OK............Thanks!!

BernardandMissBianca
12-30-2006, 02:10 PM
I need to change my recipe because I made them the other day at it just wasn't good enough. I'll let you know soon.

How many are we making? I heard 9 but the list said 8 the last time I checked.

AlexWyattMommy
12-30-2006, 02:11 PM
Make 9, but only send 8. Keep one for yourself.

AlexWyattMommy
12-30-2006, 02:19 PM
It's okay with me if you switch to a salad. Would you PM the recipe for the onion tarts? They sound so neat. I could take the recipe and make an altered page out of it to include my sister's album and keep the regular copy for me.

What about calling Sassy Strawberry Spinach Salad and making all the capital S really curvey?

YodasMom
12-30-2006, 03:12 PM
It's okay with me if you switch to a salad. Would you PM the recipe for the onion tarts? They sound so neat. I could take the recipe and make an altered page out of it to include my sister's album and keep the regular copy for me.

What about calling Sassy Strawberry Spinach Salad and making all the capital S really curvey?

AWM~ I PM'd you the onion tart recipe. They are SO good. I've been asked to bring them to a new years eve party tomorrow night, so I have to go out now and get some ingredients for them.

As far as the salad recipe goes.......What sounds best: Salacious or Sassy Strawberry Spinach Salad? It also has nuts and onions, and a variety of flavors.

YodasMom
12-30-2006, 03:21 PM
I totally don't mind, but it looks like you took yourself out of the groups! I wouldn't mind making 9, so that you could get a set too.:flower3:

I agree with Mickster on this! MickeyP, don't you want to add yourself back into these groups? You deserve to reep the benefits, too!!

Gosh, I have a great simple wonderful after dinner drink, too, that I could add to another group.............Ok, OK slap me, I'll be quiet!

maria34a
12-30-2006, 04:52 PM
AWM~ I PM'd you the onion tart recipe. They are SO good. I've been asked to bring them to a new years eve party tomorrow night, so I have to go out now and get some ingredients for them.

As far as the salad recipe goes.......What sounds best: Salacious or Sassy Strawberry Spinich Salad? It also has nuts and onions, and a variety of flavors.

Ohhh Ohhh Could I have that recipe too? That sounded really good!!!!
Tks Karen!!!!!!:banana:

Mickster
12-30-2006, 07:14 PM
I think I'm going to both on the same page. :) I'll call it Lover's Cocktails. Thanks for your input! :thumbsup2

ddavis860
12-31-2006, 08:22 AM
I think I'm going to both on the same page. :) I'll call it Lover's Cocktails. Thanks for your input! :thumbsup2

I love the idea of having both on the page! Thanks for doing that!

ddavis860
12-31-2006, 08:46 AM
Just making sure I have everything straight, before I start (having severe blonde moments, and need to double check)...

Tall and skinny is the size. Making 9, sending 8, and keeping 1. However, I'm going to be making 10 and sending 9...one for our fearless hostess who has taken us all on :cutie:

My second recipe is Voulez-vous Fondue Avec Moi Ce Soir? or Fromage Fondue Avec Vous? or Fromage Fondue Avec Moi? I like all these titles, so I need help deciding...:confused3

MickeyP
12-31-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm having trouble editing the original post. Yes, you can change your recipe. Whatever one you decide on is fine. Whatever name you pick is fine. I had one person drop out and I decided I would take myself off of GROUP 1 and make an extra set to have on hand as an angel or just to send to each of you. Thank you for thinking of me, but 8 will be fine. Donna

YodasMom
12-31-2006, 11:35 AM
I will title my first group recipe "Sassy Strawberry Spinach Salad".

MickeyP, does the edit box on your first post next to the quote box in the right hand corner of your post allow you to edit?

MazdaUK
01-01-2007, 03:39 AM
ETA - I've ordered some cardstock from a supplier recommended by Queenie so ignore point below! Any tips on printing on vellum so it doesn't look fuzzy? Not smudged, more like when you write on wet paper.

Also, any preferred font/size? I've found a cute piggy frame for my recipe, but if that would freak anyone (I know some people prefer their meat anonymous in plastic!) PM me and I'll make sure no actual pigs appear on your copy!

Can I just confirm re: cardstock? I don't have any Bazzil but I do have CM - not the thinner, printed paper but the stiffer 10 x 12 sheets marked "photo mounting paper". Is that stiff enough? Otherwise I can get Bazzill but I'm worried about adding to the posting time as I'll need to get posted by the end of next week.

Good news is I've typed up the recipe!

mickeyfan2
01-01-2007, 03:08 PM
I just finished mine. Could I get a PM with the mailing instructions.

Thank you.

maria34a
01-03-2007, 12:06 PM
I have found the perfect papers for mine!!!! I am so excited now!!!! I think I will print the recepies up on vellum and it will be really beautiful!!! I am so excited!!!! Can't wait for you all to see it! Can't wait!!! Hee! Hee!! Now I just have to put them all together!!!!!!! Yeah, that's the ticket!:rotfl2:

Maria

mickeyfan2
01-03-2007, 01:07 PM
I sent mine today priority with DC.

MickeyP
01-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Yay!!!! What is DC?

AlexWyattMommy
01-03-2007, 01:36 PM
Delivery Confirmation.

It is a bright green sticker that the post office uses to keep track of mailing and delivery of a package. It helps make it harder for the post office to lose our packages.

marlynnp
01-03-2007, 02:33 PM
If you are sending your package priority you can print the address label at usps.com and get DC for free. You can print on regular paper and the tape the label (half of the sheet) to the package - the take to the post office for postage like you usually would.

BernardandMissBianca
01-03-2007, 04:40 PM
I bought my paper today!! YAY!! I also came up with a name for my new cookies, Cranberry Kisses.

I already have the recipe on the computer so now I just need to print it!!

*DELETED* - I don't want to jinx myself.....:laughing:

MickeyP
01-03-2007, 08:00 PM
Sounds like we're all right on schedule.

Mickster
01-03-2007, 08:42 PM
All of the recipes sound so good. I'm mad I didn't join both groups! :) I have my recipes formatted, they are designed (in my head of course), I think I have the paper and I have the embellishments. I just need the time. :laughing:

rlovew
01-03-2007, 09:08 PM
I have everything cut out and ready to go I just need to actually put everything together. I printed and cut out the recipes and some diecuts for them. Could I get the address because I plan on mailing Friday.

Rebecca

MazdaUK
01-04-2007, 04:23 AM
My cardstock arrived yesterday and I'm going to try to get printing either tonight or tomorrow. We've got people coming all weekend so i hope to get them done Friday and posted Monday, so can I have postal details please?

Also, what is the secret of printing on vellum? I tried it and the print was all fuzzy - not smudged, it just looked like it had soaked into the paper somehow.:confused3

Everyone in Group 2 OK with piggies on their recipe?

Have we lost a couple? I thought there were 9 in each group but today there are only 8

BernardandMissBianca
01-04-2007, 07:54 AM
My cardstock arrived yesterday and I'm going to try to get printing either tonight or tomorrow. We've got people coming all weekend so i hope to get them done Friday and posted Monday, so can I have postal details please?

Also, what is the secret of printing on vellum? I tried it and the print was all fuzzy - not smudged, it just looked like it had soaked into the paper somehow.:confused3

Everyone in Group 2 OK with piggies on their recipe?

Have we lost a couple? I thought there were 9 in each group but today there are only 8

Do you have a transparency setting on your printer settings? You need to put that down, I think it uses a little less ink than paper. Then let it air dry.

Mickster
01-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Mine should be done in the next day or two. Could you send your mailing info, so that I'm ready to go? Thanks! :cutie:

maria34a
01-04-2007, 08:15 AM
MickeyP, please send mailing info to me too! I want to try to get mine done ASAP as well! I am signing up for other swaps and need to complete this one so I have time for others!!!!! Tis the SWAP Season!!!!!! YIPEE!!!! :yay:

MickeyP
01-05-2007, 04:47 PM
Mickeyfan2, I received your cards today. What a class act!!!! Nice job!

AlexWyattMommy
01-05-2007, 05:16 PM
I am almost done. Just have to put together four more and I can mail them out tomorrow. Please send me your addy. Thanks.

rlovew
01-05-2007, 05:20 PM
I mailed mine out priority today.

Rebecca

YodasMom
01-05-2007, 05:31 PM
I will title my first group recipe "Sassy Strawberry Spinach Salad".

MickeyP, I noticed that you substituted my spinach salad for my onion tarts in Group 2, but it was supposed to substitute for the cookies in Group 1.

So, my recipes should be:
Group 1: Sassy Strawberry Spinach Salad
Group 2: Sensual Onion Tarts

Thanks!

BernardandMissBianca
01-05-2007, 09:55 PM
Well I went to print the recipes today and the printer is not working. I haven't used it in a while so i wonder if the ink is dried up. It sits near a drafty window so I have issues with ink. So I'm off to Staples tomorrow.

AlexWyattMommy
01-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I finished!! Yahoo!!
Just need the address and I can mail these out. Monday for sure.

YodasMom
01-05-2007, 10:46 PM
I found the SEI Preservation series album today at my local Hobby Lobby. It is 8.5 x 5.5". It has 10 page protectors and is expandable But, it's kind of flimsy and the cover is a heavy shiney, kind of like a cardboard type cover. Since their albums were 50% off and it's regular price was $4.50, I figured paying $2.25 for it wasn't too bad. I got a lavendar one.

MazdaUK
01-07-2007, 05:04 AM
I've done mine! I hoe you like them, I've not done recipe pages before (OK, I've planned to do them, but planning aint doing!). It was so nice to get pink stuff on my table for a change as we've mostly got boys in our family :)

Ready for the mailing instructions whenever you are MickeyP!

ddavis860
01-07-2007, 07:38 AM
It was so nice to get pink stuff on my table for a change as we've mostly got boys in our family :)

Boy do I know what you mean! Boys pages are cool, but the only pink and princess pages I get to do are mine, and the dogs...

AND I'm glad you got pink too, cause I bought some pink and was thinking I hope that others do too, or mine will look silly :)

AlexWyattMommy
01-07-2007, 09:11 AM
I found the SEI Preservation series album today at my local Holbby Lobby. It is 8.5 x 5.5". It has 10 page protectors and is expandable But, it's kind of flimsy and the cover is a heavy shiney, kind of like a cardboard type cover. Since their albums were 50% off and it's regular price was $4.50, I figured paying $2.50 for it wasn't too bad. I got a lavendar one.

I got one of these too yesterday. They had lavendar and brown to pick from. I took the lavendar.

My colors are pink/lavendar/yellow. Glad to hear of other pinks.

Mickster
01-07-2007, 10:05 AM
I think my design is done. It is red and white. The colors just spoke to me this time. I have one done and I'm not sure I like it yet. :rolleyes1

mickeyfan2
01-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Mickeyfan2, I received your cards today. What a class act!!!! Nice job!
I an glad that they arrived.

ddavis860
01-07-2007, 01:06 PM
It is red and white. The colors just spoke to me this time.

My colors are pink and white for one set, and red and white for the other set...still waiting for them to talk to me though :listen: Hopefully I'll have a little time tonight at work to get my ideas finalized...

marlynnp
01-07-2007, 04:11 PM
I just finished mine! They are pink too. :)
I will try to get them mailed sometime this week. May not be until the weekend though - I go back to work tomorrow. :sad1:

rlovew
01-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Mine for one group are blues and the other group is red and tan.

Rebecca

AlexWyattMommy
01-08-2007, 10:53 AM
I have mailed my swap items this morning Priority with DC.

ddavis860
01-08-2007, 07:41 PM
I got my sketches done over the weekend, but didn't get a chance to work on anything today. I should be able to finish this week and be able to mail on Monday :teeth:

MickeyP
01-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I received rlovew's 2 sets today!! Nice Job Becky!!

rlovew
01-08-2007, 09:24 PM
I received rlovew's 2 sets today!! Nice Job Becky!!

Glad you like them. Hopefully everyone else will too.

Rebecca

maria34a
01-08-2007, 09:52 PM
I picked a deep red bazzil with a red with white hearts and a cool print and then a brown bazzil. I thought it would go well with the hen and pump. stuffing theme. Red and Brown "spoke" to me!!!! :lmao:

BernardandMissBianca
01-08-2007, 09:56 PM
Just to be sure are we dong the layouts in the upright 5.5 across and 8.5 down direction?

maria34a
01-08-2007, 09:59 PM
Just to be sure are we dong the layouts in the upright 5.5 across and 8.5 down direction?

I am doing mine in the upright position, not the wide position. I figure the book is upright, so I will use it that way, but if someone decides to do it Landscape, I can just turn the book sideways.

BernardandMissBianca
01-08-2007, 10:01 PM
I am doing mine in the upright position, not the wide position. I figure the book is upright, so I will use it that way, but if someone decides to do it Landscape, I can just turn the book sideways.

Rokey Dokey! LOL:rotfl2:

maria34a
01-08-2007, 10:03 PM
Rokey Dokey! LOL:rotfl2:

you wacko!!!!!:lmao:

BernardandMissBianca
01-08-2007, 10:14 PM
you wacko!!!!!:lmao:

:laughing: :dance3:

Mickster
01-08-2007, 10:23 PM
I had a design - didn't really like it. So, I changed it. Hopefully they will be done tonight, but certainly by tomorrow. Still red and white but with a bit of fun. :rolleyes1

MickeyP
01-08-2007, 10:56 PM
I didn't anticipate so much commotion about positions. But I guess when the topic is romance and love, position plays a big part.

Mickster
01-08-2007, 10:59 PM
Oh my...:blush:

But I have a dumb question - why do we make 9 and send 8? Won't there be one too many and I'll have 2 of mine?

Mickster
01-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Boy am I a pest tonight! Anyway, I'm done! Hurray! They will go out tomorrow.:cutie:

BernardandMissBianca
01-09-2007, 01:03 AM

But I have a dumb question - why do we make 9 and send 8? Won't there be one too many and I'll have 2 of mine?

Page # 7 post 101 to the bottom of the page is my guess why the 9. So our hostess can have 1 too.

ddavis860
01-09-2007, 05:15 AM
I didn't anticipate so much commotion about positions. But I guess when the topic is romance and love, position plays a big part.

maria34a
01-09-2007, 10:42 AM

That really doesn't make any sense either, because there are 8 players in each group! Our hostess took herself out of the game! I was a bit confused on this as well. MickeyP can you help us out on this one? Cause I was going to send you an extra so you would have one for being a hostess! I didn't want to leave you out! I don't mind making an extra! Are you playing?

YodasMom
01-09-2007, 10:59 AM
That really doesn't make any sense either, because there are 8 players in each group! Our hostess took herself out of the game! I was a bit confused on this as well. MickeyP can you help us out on this one? Cause I was going to send you an extra so you would have one for being a hostess! I didn't want to leave you out! I don't mind making an extra! Are you playing?

I was going to post this question, too, before I make these at the end of this week. The original instructions were to keep our own and send the rest. So, I'm also really confused as to the number to send. Also, in a later post, MickeyP said not to send extras for her because she said she was angeling a spot (in Group 2?).

MickeyP, could you please clarify how many we are to send, if you are officially angeling any spots, and confirm if we are still to keep our own?

MickeyP
01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Hi Guys, Send 8. This has never changed. I was going to make a set and send everyone an extra, or as in the case with most swaps, I would be an angel to a no- show. I didn't want to encourage a no-show and I didn't want to emphasize a surprise either.

mickeyfan2
01-09-2007, 01:45 PM
Hi Guys, Send 8. This has never changed. I was going to make a set and send everyone an extra, or as in the case with most swaps, I would be an angel to a no- show. I didn't want to encourage a no-show and I didn't want to emphasize a surprise either.
Please keep my extra. I made a 9th one that I kept.

Mickster
01-09-2007, 02:03 PM
My 8 recipes went postal this morning. Hurray! 1 down, 2 more to go! :)

Thanks so much for hosting. What a great idea!

YodasMom
01-09-2007, 02:13 PM

Do we get one of our sets back, or are we to keep a set for ourselves?

marlynnp
01-09-2007, 02:34 PM
Okay, now I'm really cornfuzzled:confused:!

I am sending 9. I made 10 and kept one. Hostess is to keep one and if I still have 1 too many, send it back and I'll gift it to someone later. ;)

YodasMom
01-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Make 8 for each group. You will not get one back, so make an extra and keep it.

This is from the original instructions on post #1. It says to make 8, and then the next sentence says to make an extra for ourselves which would be 9. So, if I send 8 and I'm not getting one of those back, the 8th one goes to the hostess? Just wanted to know for sure where they're going. Sorry to be a pest but it's still a little confusing.

MickeyP
01-10-2007, 01:31 AM
I will be #9. Just send 8.

MazdaUK
01-10-2007, 04:47 AM
Mine are on their way! Hope you all like them.:)

YodasMom
01-10-2007, 09:21 AM
I will be #9. Just send 8.

I still need to know if I am to keep one of my own for myself as was in the original instructions? That would mean making 9. I want to make sure I get one of my own and the chances are slim that I will remake one for myself after I send this swap, so that's still my question. In otherwords, will I get one of my own back from you when the swap is returned?

mickeyfan2
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
I still need to know if I am to keep one of my own for myself as was in the original instructions? That would mean making 9. I want to make sure I get one of my own and the chances are slim that I will remake one for myself after I send this swap, so that's still my question. In otherwords, will I get one of my own back from you when the swap is returned?
Just make 9. When you send keep one and only send 8.

MickeyP
01-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Yes, keep one. Send 8. You will NOT get one of your own back.

YodasMom
01-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Yes, keep one. Send 8. You will NOT get one of your own back.

OK, thanks!

MickeyP
01-11-2007, 10:03 AM
AlexWyattMommy, I received your recipes yesterday!!! They're beautiful!!!

AlexWyattMommy
01-11-2007, 12:07 PM
Thank you. I was hoping they would be in keeping with what everyone else would be doing and expecting back.

MickeyP
01-11-2007, 02:35 PM
AlexWyattMommy, I forgot to thank you for all the goodies. They're great!!!! I love them all!

MickeyP
01-11-2007, 03:31 PM
Mickster, I got your pack today!!! The cocktails are awesome!!!! And, thank you for the extra surprise! I will definitely use them!!!:goodvibes

Mickster
01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Cool! Is that what you were thinking?

MickeyP
01-11-2007, 06:22 PM
Much better than I thought!:cheer2:

Mickster
01-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Cool. :cutie:

marlynnp
01-11-2007, 10:44 PM
:lmao: OMG!

I thought you were talking to yourself!!!:rotfl2:

You both have the same pic and your name are so close too. I was trying to figure out what was going on, lol.

Mickster
01-11-2007, 10:58 PM
That is quite funny!:lmao: Just what I needed. :thumbsup2

AlexWyattMommy
01-12-2007, 07:06 AM
:rotfl: It DOES look like she was talking to herself!! :rotfl2:

Mickster
01-12-2007, 07:38 AM
That is something that happens quite a bit! That way I know someone is listening.:rolleyes1

maria34a
01-12-2007, 12:48 PM
Too funny!!!! :lmao: That would have been great though Having Mickster talking to herself!!!!! :rotfl2:

MazdaUK
01-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Cooks tips for those in group 2 (tender-hearted pork):

1. Don't be afraid to double up on the sherry/creme fraiche if you like lots of sauce

2. If you don't like/have sherry, then brandy, cider or apple juice also work well

3. Thick chops are easier to deal with, otherwise two escalops hammered thinner and fixed with toothpicks/cocktail sticks works too

4. For non-pork eaters this also works with steak or chicken - steak may take less time to cook depending on thickness.

There wasn't room for this on the recipe without going to tiny font! I cooked it again today and thought it would be as well to let you know these variables in case you need them. The sauce is RICH (I'd forgotten how rich!) so you won't want a heavy dessert.

:flower3:

MickeyP
01-13-2007, 05:33 PM
I received these today Mazda. Very pretty.

marlynnp
01-15-2007, 01:58 PM
I've been sick so I didn't get to the post office Friday or Saturday. I will be mailing mine tomorrow!

MazdaUK
01-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Thank you MickeyP - that was quite quick as I only posted them Wednesday :faint: I've had things take longer than that within the UK!

YodasMom
01-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Mine are in the mail today!

MickeyP, please return my things in the box in which I am mailing them. I've had a problem with the envelopes being mutilated when they were returned to me, so I don't use envelopes anymore......Too much time and money invested to have them damaged in the mail! I included a note with that request in my box,as well.

Thanks so much for hosting!!

MickeyP
01-16-2007, 12:11 PM
No problem.

maria34a
01-17-2007, 01:15 PM
I finished mine last night! Whoo! Hoo! :cool1: They came out really cute! I have to go get baggies, cause I don't have the correct ones at home. So I am doing that after work on my way home tonight and they will go in the mail tomorrow! So be on the lookout for them!

MickeyP
01-18-2007, 01:08 PM
I received both sets from Yoda and Marlynn's single set. All of them are very nice. This is my favorite swap yet. I have been very impressed with everyone's talent and the effort put into these.

MickeyP
01-18-2007, 01:22 PM
Yodasmom, you have inspired the next swap. I'm thinking recipes from WDW. I'll start sign-ups Feb 1st and they won't be due until end of March.

Also, if I haven't received your swap, they are due 2 wks from today. Check in, let us know how you're doing and the status of your swap. We are doing great so far!!! Donna

Mickster
01-18-2007, 01:48 PM
That is a great idea! Love it!

BernardandMissBianca
01-18-2007, 05:18 PM
So I didn't realize until I started putting these together that they go sideways.:rolleyes: So they will be sideways. I hope to finish tonight. I'm borrowing money from DS10 to send them tomorrow.

AlexWyattMommy
01-18-2007, 05:20 PM
Sideways is no big deal for me. My album holds only single pages in view at a time.

ddavis860
01-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Checking in...hoping to finish tomorrow...

rlovew
01-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Yodasmom, you have inspired the next swap. I'm thinking recipes from WDW. I'll start sign-ups Feb 1st and they won't be due until end of March.

Also, if I haven't received your swap, they are due 2 wks from today. Check in, let us know how you're doing and the status of your swap. We are doing great so far!!! Donna

That would be cool. I really enjoy my food and wine recipe books that I get each year. Of course I have only cooked 1 recipe out of them but I like havcing them. You might want to check with the swap godess and see what the calander is like.

Rebecca

MickeyP
01-18-2007, 05:39 PM
So I didn't realize until I started putting these together that they go sideways.:rolleyes: So they will be sideways. I hope to finish tonight. I'm borrowing money from DS10 to send them tomorrow.

That's fine.

BernardandMissBianca
01-19-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm ready to mail. Do you want them each in a baggie or all in 1 baggie?

MazdaUK
01-19-2007, 05:07 AM
I'll be in for the WDW recipes! Ooh, I'm really getting into this swapping thing. Lucky we don't actually get to Disney too much or I'd be signing up for everything:rotfl:

mickeyfan2
01-19-2007, 07:42 AM
I'll be in for the WDW recipes!
Me too!!!!

MickeyP
01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
I'm ready to mail. Do you want them each in a baggie or all in 1 baggie?

Most bagged each one. It's up to you.

Downrivermama
01-19-2007, 11:13 AM
I finished mine last night! :cool1: Woo Hoo! I have them all packaged up, just need to get to PO. Hopefully tomorrow, I'm home today with nasty sinsus infection, so not sure if I'll go out. :sick:

MazdaUK
01-19-2007, 11:35 AM
Poor you! And trouble is, with these things its not so easy to send DH (I couldn't send mine, he'd be "how much are you spending posting this stuff?")

maria34a
01-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Poor you! And trouble is, with these things its not so easy to send DH (I couldn't send mine, he'd be "how much are you spending posting this stuff?")

Right, we don't want them to know everything!!!!!

MickeyP
01-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Maria, I got yours. Very nice job.

maria34a
01-23-2007, 04:06 PM
Maria, I got yours. Very nice job.

Thanks!!!!! I am glad you like them!!! Isn't my little embellishment on the bottom really cute!!!! I was going nuts over them!!!! :lmao:

BernardandMissBianca
01-23-2007, 04:16 PM
Mine are done. I'm just waiting for expenses to be deposited on Thurs. They should get there in plenty of time.

MickeyP
01-23-2007, 10:11 PM
Thats fine.
And, yes Maria, the chicken was clever and too cute.

AlexWyattMommy
01-24-2007, 06:48 AM
A chicken?! Ooo, I want to see the chicken.

Will you be posting the pictures right before you mail them back? But can I wait that long to see the chicken?

MickeyP
01-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I'm sorry Maria, I didn't realize I spoiled the surprise. No, I will not be posting before you receive these. It's more fun to get a pkg. and be surprised.

Downrivermama
01-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Finally sent mine off today. Different lady at the PO! :rotfl2:

MickeyP
01-25-2007, 10:51 AM
This SWAP is due 1 WEEK from today. I'll be on the lookout for your swap, Downrivermama. Thanks for the update. I really want to mail these out on Feb 2nd. Anymore updates?

ddavis860
01-25-2007, 02:01 PM
Anymore updates?

:hyper: I have an update!! Pick me pick me!! I'm almost done, and hope they are going postal tomorrow...

BernardandMissBianca
01-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Postal tomorrow as long as we have school. We are looking at 17 with a wind chill of -10 to -20. IF the buses start we will have school. If not Fri than definitely Sat.

maria34a
01-25-2007, 02:51 PM
A chicken?! Ooo, I want to see the chicken.

Will you be posting the pictures right before you mail them back? But can I wait that long to see the chicken?

NO, no, no AWM you can't see the Cute Chicken on my card!!!! You are going to have to wait to see her!!!! :lmao: Any yes I must say she is quite cute!!!! Also a bit amusing!!!!! :rotfl2:

I think everyone will enjoy her!!!!!

MickeyP
01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
Sounds like we're on track. Aries, are ya out there?

ddavis860
01-26-2007, 12:04 PM
Nope, didn't get to the PO today...sorry...:cold:

It'll have to go Monday :confused3

Let's see if Mother Nature can mess up my Monday too...sheesh.....

ddavis860
01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Postal today:banana:

Thanks for hosting!!

MickeyP
01-29-2007, 05:21 PM
I received Downrivermama's cute cards today.

MickeyP
01-29-2007, 05:24 PM
We are just waiting for:

Aries- 2 sets
ddavis'- 2 sets
BernardandMissBianca's-1 set

BernardandMissBianca
01-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Fed Exing tomorrow!! I have to go there anyway and I picked up my return postage from the P.O. today.

MickeyP
01-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Aries' are going out tomorrow.

MickeyP
01-29-2007, 07:48 PM
And......ddavis' went postal today.

ddavis860
01-30-2007, 06:03 AM
When I was at the post office, I asked for 4 priority stamps. I ripped one off and stuck it in the box, and the clerk then taped it up. Then I looked in my hand and I had 4 stamps...I honestly remember putting 1 stamp in there, so I think it was her error...HOWEVER, it is not out of the realm of possibility that I had a blonde moment :confused3

SO, if that is the case and the stamp isn't there (along with extra stamps for just in case and a dollar for DC) I'm really sorry. After it was taped, and the line was so long behind me, I didn't want to ask her to open it again...Should get there today, so I'll be looking to see if I need to send you another stamp.

Downrivermama
01-30-2007, 09:06 AM
Originally posted by MickeyP:
I received Downrivermama's cute cards today.

Glad you got them.:thumbsup2

maria34a
01-31-2007, 10:05 AM
When I was at the post office, I asked for 4 priority stamps. I ripped one off and stuck it in the box, and the clerk then taped it up. Then I looked in my hand and I had 4 stamps...I honestly remember putting 1 stamp in there, so I think it was her error...HOWEVER, it is not out of the realm of possibility that I had a blonde moment :confused3

SO, if that is the case and the stamp isn't there (along with extra stamps for just in case and a dollar for DC) I'm really sorry. After it was taped, and the line was so long behind me, I didn't want to ask her to open it again...Should get there today, so I'll be looking to see if I need to send you another stamp.

Debbie's having a NANCY moment!!!!! Debbie's having a NANCY moment!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

ddavis860
01-31-2007, 10:26 AM
Debbie's having a NANCY moment!!!!! Debbie's having a NANCY moment!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah guess so...still wondering about that stamp.....

MickeyP
01-31-2007, 02:37 PM
Debbie, I got your pkg.+ the stamps. Your cards are gorgeous!