PDA

View Full Version : YOAMD Postcards and Winners

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Luv2CtheMouse
11-20-2006, 09:44 PM
Hi - Can those of my fellow Disers who have sent in postcards answer a few questions for me?
What kind of postcard are you sending?
Are you sending Disney postcards, making your own or buying the post office kind?
What are you writing on them?

cnids00
11-21-2006, 08:27 AM
I've used postoffice prepaid postcards since the start, I cut off 1/2 inch off the end to make it the right size.
I write:
TO:
Disney Dream Giveaway
P.O. Box 8629
Elmhurst, IL 60126-8629

on the back:

FIRSTNAME M LASTNAME
ADDRESSE
CITY, STATE, ZIPCODE+4
(xxx)-XXX-XXXX Phone#
XX/XX/XXXX Birthdate as MM/DD/YEAR

I write in caps on the back of the card and I date it only to remember what days I have mailed in already as I make a bunch ahead of time :)

P.S Haven't won anything yet but still trying ;)

willis37862
11-21-2006, 05:03 PM
I was wondering if the official rules are posted on the dis anywhere? I was wondering how often and for how long you can enter? :)

UrsulasShadow
11-21-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm being bold and daring, and leaving the prepaid postal cards the same size they came. Haven't won yet, still trying. I don't see anywhere on the official rules that came in the mail the other day that there's a limit to how many times you can enter, but the contest runs until Dec.31, 2007, accepting postcards received by Jan 17, 2008.

cnids00
11-22-2006, 07:37 AM
I didn't cut off the half inch for the first 3 weeks until I read on here that the rules stated 3x5 size of the card, then I started cutting it off, I'm being bold too, it doesn't state anywhere that you can't mail one in every day and that is what I've been doing. One each for me, DH and DD..let's see 3 a day for a week is 15 times 52 weeks...whoaa...that's a lot of money :rotfl2:

But if I win, it will have been worth every penny :)

I just wish someone mailing cards in would win something and post it on here so we know there's hope ;)

Vickie46
11-22-2006, 09:50 AM
I thought I read somewhere that said one person per day... but I could be wrong.. who knows.

UrsulasShadow
11-22-2006, 11:37 AM
Yeah, I'd heard that too, but haven't seen it posted ANYwhere under the official disneyworld.com site or the mailing I received. So, I'm sending 2 or 3 a day.

UrsulasShadow
11-22-2006, 11:41 AM
The Disney Dreams Giveaway*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 - December 31, 2007 (mail in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on 3.5 x 5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Castle Suite stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007. It will likely be awarded early in the day for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida. DREAM FASTPASS badge is only awarded at certain theme parks for use that day. Mail-in winners of Castle Suite stay and DREAM FASTPASS badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes advertised: Castle Suite stay US $587, DREAM FASTPASS badge US $5, Grand Marshal World Tour US $45,370. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to Official Rules (see below). Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.

The Disney Dreams Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Void outside the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom and where prohibited by law.

willis37862
11-22-2006, 02:25 PM
The Disney Dreams Giveaway*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 - December 31, 2007 (mail in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on 3.5 x 5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Castle Suite stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007. It will likely be awarded early in the day for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida. DREAM FASTPASS badge is only awarded at certain theme parks for use that day. Mail-in winners of Castle Suite stay and DREAM FASTPASS badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes advertised: Castle Suite stay US $587, DREAM FASTPASS badge US $5, Grand Marshal World Tour US $45,370. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to Official Rules (see below). Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

For residents of Canada, a mathematical skill-testing question must be correctly answered to win any prize.

The Disney Dreams Giveaway is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom. Void outside the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom and where prohibited by law.
Thank you :)

gayles
11-22-2006, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know why the card's would go to Il, ? It seems funny they would not be sent to Disney -- In Florida or Calif? Just wondering ... any expert know why? ;)

Shells9
11-26-2006, 06:48 PM
Probably an independent firm is responsible for handing them.

Luv2CtheMouse
12-01-2006, 10:24 PM
Probably an independent firm is responsible for handing them.

That was my thinking as well.

I was wondering if I should write anything on them.

I was thinking of drawing Goofy on it and putting Goofy 4 Disney under his picture!! :)

DizneyDogs
12-02-2006, 09:59 PM
The reason it's going to Illinois is that is where the company that is the business of handling sweepstakes is located. Big companies will hire another company to handle the sweepstakes for them as that is what they are in the business of doing.

As far as the postcard winners, they do a drawing once a month on the 20th and winners are notified by phone or mail 55 days later it's all stated in the official rules found below. So the first drawing was on Oct 20th so postcard entries winners will start to be notified here shortly.

Official Rules

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, WIN, PARTICIPATE OR RECEIVE PRIZES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.

The Disney Dreams Giveaway (the "Giveaway") provides participants with the chance to win prizes starting on October 1, 2006 and ending on December 31, 2007 (the "Giveaway Period"). Each person who participates and/or is awarded a prize in the Giveaway fully and unconditionally agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc. ("Sponsor") and Creata (USA) Inc. ("Creata"), the administering agency for the Giveaway, which shall be final, binding and conclusive in all matters relating to this Giveaway.

1.ELIGIBILITY

Void outside the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom and where prohibited by law. Persons in any of the following categories are NOT eligible to participate or win prizes in the Giveaway: (a) persons who on or after May 1, 2006 were or are directors, officers or employees of Sponsor, Creata, or their respective parent, subsidiary, or affiliated companies, any other individuals or companies engaged in the administration, development, production or distribution of the Giveaway and any advertising or promotion agencies associated with the Giveaway; (b) persons who on or after May 1, 2006 were or are on-site directors, officers or employees of any commercial establishment at the Disney Properties (as hereinafter defined); and (c) persons who are immediate family members (defined as spouse, or biological, adoptive or step- mother, father, sister, brother, daughter, son or any dependent under applicable income tax law) of any person in any of the preceding categories, regardless of where they live, or who reside in the same household, whether an immediate family member or not, as any person in any of the preceding categories. Except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, prizes won by a person who is a minor in his or her state, province or country of residence ("Minor") may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be awarded to his or her parent or legal guardian, and, in the case of prizes that, in Sponsor's sole discretion, require winner verification, that parent or legal guardian will be responsible for completing the verification process and executing all "Prize Claim Documents" (as hereinafter defined) and otherwise complying with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Minor is the winner of any prize in which the winner is permitted to travel to, stay at or attend an event, site or destination, such Minor and any guest (as applicable) must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian on such prize and, as applicable, the parent or legal guardian will be considered one (1) of the allotted guests.

2.HOW TO PARTICIPATE

There are 2 ways to enter:

1. You will automatically be entered into the Giveaway (subject to meeting the eligibility requirements set forth above) and have a chance to be randomly selected to win a prize in the Giveaway by being present during the Giveaway Period in: Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Epcot®, Magic Kingdom® Park, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Typhoon Lagoon Water Park, Disney's Blizzard Beach Water Park, or the Downtown Disney® area near Orlando, Florida (collectively, the "Florida Disney Properties"); or Disney's California Adventure® Park, Disneyland® Park or the Downtown Disney® area in Anaheim, California (collectively, "California Disney Properties"). Each of the Florida Disney Properties and each of the California Disney Properties are individually referred to herein as a "Disney Property" and collectively referred to herein as the "Disney Properties." Sponsor anticipates that potential winners will be selected at the Disney Properties between opening and 5 pm local time; however, certain prizes (for example, Mickey Mouse Penthouse and Cinderella's Castle Suite) are likely to be awarded early in the day to help ensure that a winner will be able to claim the prize and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select winners at the Disney Properties during any operating hours.

2. Also, starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3.5"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void.

3.WINNER SELECTION & VERIFICATION PROCESS

1. Each day of the Giveaway, numerous prizes will be awarded randomly (subject to a minimum of 1,551 prizes per day) (see prize details in the Appendix at the end of these Official Rules). Prizes may be awarded individually or in groups (for example, one hundred (100) DREAM FASTPASS badges or 100 Pin & Lanyard Set prizes may be awarded at a single time) (each such group referred to below as a "Batch"). Some prizes will be awarded at random on any day during the Giveaway Period (such as the Disney Vacation Club Memberships or the Disney Cruise Line trips) while other prizes are pre-determined by Sponsor to be given away either every day (such as DREAM FASTPASS badges) or on certain days (such as the one-night stays at the Cinderella Castle Suite on the night the prize is awarded and attendance at Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party on the day the prize is awarded). Although both attendees and mail-in entrants are eligible to be selected as winners, certain prizes are Disney Property-specific (for example, DREAM FASTPASS badges, events and overnight stays) and may require same day use, and therefore, are only available to participants present at the California Disney Properties or the Florida Disney Properties (or certain parks or locations within each), as applicable. Mail-in entrants selected to receive a Disney Property-specific prize will be awarded an alternate prize. See Section 3(c) below for additional information. For each prize or Batch of prizes, the Sponsor must first randomly select the pool of entrants from which a winner or winners will be selected. The randomly selected pool of entrants for a particular prize or Batch of prizes will be either: (i) the pool of mail-in entrants received that day; or (ii) the individuals visiting a location that is randomly selected that day from among the many locations within the Disney Properties suitable for that prize or Batch of prizes. When there is a prize that will be redeemed at a specific Disney Property on the day it is awarded, only locations at that Disney Property, plus the pool of applicable mail-in entries, will be included in the random selection. See below for how eligible mail-in entrants will be included in the random selection process on Sundays, U.S. postal holidays and UK postal holidays.

2. If, on any given day, a location in a Disney Property is randomly selected: a time for awarding of the prize will also be randomly selected. As mentioned above, Sponsor anticipates that potential winners will be selected at the Disney Properties between opening and 5 pm local time; however, certain prizes (for example, Mickey Mouse Penthouse and Cinderella Castle Suite) are likely to be awarded early in the day to help ensure that a winner will be able to claim the prize and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select winners at the Disney Properties during any operating hours. Then, Disney Dream Squad Members ("Dream Squad") will arrive at the randomly selected location and: (i) in the case of a single prize, subject to Sponsor's initial verification process, the first person present at that randomly selected location and time will be notified that he/she is a potential winner of the prize; or (ii) in the case of a Batch of the same prize being awarded at the same time, subject to Sponsor's initial verification process, the first number of people matching the number of prizes in that Batch at that randomly selected location and time will be notified that each is a potential winner of one (1) of the prizes in the Batch. For certain prizes that are only good for an event at a Disney Property on the same day or evening as the day the prize is awarded, the potential winner may be required to tell the Dream Squad members(s) (or, if the winner is a Minor, his/her parent/legal guardian must tell the Dream Squad member(s)) whether or not he/she wants to claim the prize won within two (2) hours of being selected as a potential winner. The prize descriptions at the end of these Official Rules contain more information about event and day specific prizes. Decisions as to the selection of winners and the identity of the first person or persons present at a randomly selected location and time are subject to the Dream Squad's sole discretion and the Dream Squad's decisions on these matters will be final and binding. Only Dream Squad members can designate a potential winner at the Disney Properties.

3. If, on any given day, the mail-in entry pool is randomly selected: the winner(s) of the applicable prize(s) will be determined at random from among all eligible mail-in entries received on the applicable day. All eligible mail-in entries will be bundled and bagged on the date received, except that eligible mail-in entries received between September 18, 2006 and September 30, 2006 will be deemed to have been received on October 1, 2006 and mail-in entries received between December 31, 2007 and January 14, 2008 will be deemed to have been received on December 31, 2007. Also, for Sundays and U.S. postal holidays on which Disney Properties are open, all eligible mail-in entries received during the prior six (6) mail delivery days will be included in the Sunday or holiday (as applicable) prize selection pool. Mail received in the UK on a U.S. postal holiday will be included in the U.S. postal holiday prize selection pool along with the prior six (6) mail delivery days. For UK postal holidays on which Disney Properties are open, all eligible mail-in entries received at the UK postal address for this Giveaway on the day after the UK postal holiday will also be included in the prize selection pool on the day of that UK postal holiday. Please note that the U.S. and UK holiday calendar will govern this Giveaway. On approximately the 20th day of each month during the Giveaway Period, and on or about January 20, 2008, Marketing Resources, Inc., an independent judging organization engaged by Creata, will conduct random drawings at Marketing Resources, Inc.'s offices in Elmhurst, Illinois to award the prize(s) for each of the days of the immediately preceding month for which mail-in entrants were to be awarded a prize(s). Each drawing will be from among all eligible mail-in entries received on or allocated to the day for which the drawing is taking place. Potential winners from the mail-in entry pool will be notified by mail or telephone (at Sponsor's sole discretion) within approximately fifty five (55) days after each monthly drawing. If a prize requiring winner to be present at a Disney Property is designated for award (such as a DREAM FASTPASS badge or the one-night stay at the Cinderella Castle Suite), a winner entering via mail will receive an alternate prize of comparable or greater approximate retail value as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such as a special edition pin and lanyard, a special edition Dream Mouse Ears or a merchandise gift basket (which may include a Disney Gift Card).

4. All potential winners (whether selected at the Disney Properties or those selected from among mail-in entries) must fully comply with Sponsor's verification process, which may require, as a condition of winning and redeeming a prize, completing, signing and delivering an affidavit (or, for residents of Canada (at Sponsor's discretion), a declaration) of eligibility, a liability release, a publicity release (where legally permitted), and any applicable forms, documents and agreements required by tax authorities and/or Sponsor to enable the prize to be awarded (collectively the "Prize Claim Documents") within the time frame specified by Sponsor. In addition, in order for a resident of Canada to be declared a winner, he/she must first correctly answer, without assistance of any kind in ascertaining the correct answer, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered in person or by mail or telephone, at Sponsor's option. Failure to complete, sign and deliver the Prize Claim Documents or to otherwise comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification and forfeiture of the stated prize. Potential winners selected at the Disney Properties may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) be required to promptly attend to winner verification requirements and participate in press activities, which may interrupt, delay or cause the cancellation of the potential winner's other plans on that day. Except where prohibited by law, in the event a selected potential winner refuses to participate in the winner verification requirements and press activities as requested by Sponsor, he/she will forfeit any prize potentially won and Sponsor will have no further obligation to such winner. Also, should a winner make any false or misleading statements in any document referenced above, as determined by Sponsor, the winner will be required to promptly return his/her prize or the value thereof to Sponsor upon demand. If Sponsor so elects, potential winners will be required to submit to and provide written authorization to Sponsor and/or its designated third party to conduct a criminal background check and/or other investigative or security checks. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any winner who Sponsor determines is not permitted by law to receive a prize.

5. A potential winner is not an official winner until such potential winner's compliance with these Official Rules (including, without limitation, the eligibility restrictions set forth above), has been verified by Sponsor. If any potential winner is found to be ineligible during the verification process, or if it is determined that any such potential winner has not complied with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified.

6. All prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded. Sponsor will implement reasonable practices to award all prizes. If a selected participant in a Disney Property chooses to accept a prize, but does not use the prize, he/she will forfeit the prize altogether (and its value) and Sponsor will have no further obligation with respect to that winner or that prize. If a selected participant in a Disney Property chooses not to accept a prize, the prize may be randomly awarded again to an alternate winner, time permitting and at Sponsor's discretion. If a selected mail-in participant rejects a prize or a prize allocated to a mail-in entrant cannot be awarded for whatever reason, time permitting and at Sponsor's discretion, that prize will be set aside and awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible mail-in entries postmarked on or before December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008.

7. IMPORTANT: ANY PERSON ATTEMPTING TO DEFRAUD SPONSOR IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS GIVEAWAY WILL BE PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER THE LAW. ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE GIVEAWAY MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.

4.PRIZES/ODDS

There will be a variety of prizes offered in the Giveaway (as outlined in the Appendix at the end of these Official Rules), from a membership in the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Cruise Line cruises and other trips and events at various Disney Properties to special edition Disney merchandise. Although both attendees and mail-in entrants are eligible to be selected as winners, certain prizes are Disney Property-specific (for example, DREAM FASTPASS badges, events and overnight stays) and may require same day use, and therefore, are only available to participants present at the California Disney Properties or the Florida Disney Properties (or certain parks or locations within each), as applicable. Also, some Disney Property-specific prizes are only available on certain dates (for example, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party), so that only participants who are present at the relevant Disney Property on that day will be eligible for that prize. In any event, if a mail-in entrant is selected to win a Disney Property-specific prize and/or a date-specific prize (for example the Cinderella Castle Suite or DREAM FASTPASS badge for the Magic Kingdom® Park), then Sponsor will award the mail-in winner a prize of comparable or greater approximate retail value as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such as a special edition pin and lanyard set, a special edition Dream Mouse Ears or a merchandise gift basket (which may include a Disney Gift Card). The dates when event prizes may be awarded shall be posted on www.disneyparks.com/eventdates. Please check the website periodically for updates.

For a complete description of all the prizes being offered in the Giveaway, including their approximate retail values, see the Appendix at the end of these Official Rules.

General Restrictions on Trip Prizes
All meals, gratuities, in-room charges, off-ship excursions/activities and some on-board activities (if applicable), travel expenses, transfers, taxes, ground transportation and any other costs and expenses not specified in each trip prize description as being provided are the sole responsibility of the winner. Except as expressly stated in the applicable trip prize description: specific travel arrangements will be made in Sponsor's sole discretion; travel must originate from and end at the same airport (which will be the major metropolitan airport nearest the winner's residence (as determined by Sponsor)); if a winner lives within a 250 mile radius of the designated origination or ending point of the trip, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute air travel with ground transportation and the difference in value (if any) will not be paid to the winner; flight schedules are subject to change without notice; cruise prizes are subject to cruise itinerary; travel is subject to availability; blockout dates and capacity controls may apply; winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in (if hotel is part of the trip prize) to cover incidentals; the winner and his/her guest(s)(if any) must travel together on the same itinerary, including, without limitation, the same departure date, destination and return date; Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian on the trip; and it is the winner's/guest's sole responsibility to comply with all travel requirements, which may include, without limitation, presenting a passport, any visas necessary or other identification (including photograph) at the time of travel. Certain trips (including, but not limited to, the Eastbound and Westbound Trans-Atlantic Cruises) must be taken on dates indicated by Sponsor at time of winner notification and, if winner is unavailable on such dates, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety without compensation and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Other trips must be completed by September 30, 2008 and will require advance notice of at least sixty (60) days prior to intended date of departure or prize will be forfeited in its entirety without compensation and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Trip prize winners (or, if Minors, their parents or legal guardians) agree that any guests (or, if Minors, their parents or legal guardians) will be required to comply with Sponsor's guest procedures, sign and return a release of liability and, where legal, a publicity release to Sponsor in the timeframe specified by Sponsor or travel will not be allowed. Once selected by winner, guest(s) cannot be changed without the express consent of Sponsor, which may be withheld for any reason. By accepting a trip prize, each trip prize winner (or, if Minors, their parent or legal guardian) agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Giveaway activity, including, without limitation, use of the trip prize. Trip prize winners (or, if Minors, their parents or legal guardians) understand and agree that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the prize winner or his/her guest from any activity at any time if the prize winner or his/her guest's behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of trip prizes are based on sample Chicago, Illinois departures, unless otherwise indicated herein. Actual retail value of any prize may fluctuate during the Giveaway Period, due to market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g. air transportation and hotel rates) and other reasons, and actual retail value at time of actual prize award may be different than ARV stated herein due to such conditions. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference between the actual value of a prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules.

General Restrictions on Event Prizes
By entering this Giveaway and accepting an event prize, each event prize winner (or, if a Minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) agrees to maintain his/her behavior in accordance with all applicable laws and generally accepted social practices in connection with participation in any Giveaway activity, including, without limitation, use of the event prize, and to comply with any event venue rules and regulations as applicable. Event prize winners (or, if Minors, their parents or legal guardians) understand and agree that Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the prize winner or his/her guest from any activity at any time if the prize winner or his/her guest's behavior at any point is disruptive or may or does cause damage to person, property or the reputation of Sponsor or otherwise violates the policies of the prize providers. Location of seating provided as part of any event prize will be decided by Sponsor in its sole discretion.

Odds
The odds of being randomly selected as a winner on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. A person may win more than one prize. Odds of winning a prize in the second chance drawing, if any, depend on the number of un-awarded prizes randomly allocated to mail-in entrants, if any, and the number of eligible mail in entries received.

5.ADDITIONAL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS/TAXES

General:
DREAM FASTPASS badges and Disney Gift Cards are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Additional details and other restrictions of the prizes will be provided to each official winner upon award of the prize. Except as otherwise provided herein, prizes are not transferable, may not be substituted (in whole or in part), and may not be redeemed for cash, except at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to award, in its discretion, a substitute prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater approximate retail value for whatever reason, including, without limitation, prize unavailability.

Taxes:
All taxes (including, without limitation, U.S. federal, foreign, provincial, state and local taxes (including, but not limited to income taxes), VAT, GST, and, where legal, import duties and fees, as applicable) on or connected with any prize, and the reporting consequences thereof, and any other expenses not specifically included in the prize descriptions in the Appendix are the sole and exclusive responsibility of each winner. Certain prizes described in the Appendix include a cash portion to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of any prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Sponsor reserves the right to withhold applicable taxes as required by law (including, without limitation, United States taxes applicable to foreign resident winners and California state tax applicable to non-California resident winners) and to reduce the cash portion of any prize which includes a cash portion accordingly. To the extent that the cash portion of a prize is insufficient, or where a prize has no cash portion included, winner may be required to pay to Sponsor an amount to cover the balance or the entire amount, as the case may be, of all applicable withholding taxes at the normal rates required by law (notwithstanding any tax treaties that may provide for lower rates of tax withholding, including exemption from withholding with the satisfaction of qualification requirements) prior to prize award and failure to do so will result in disqualification.

6.MISCELLANEOUS

1. General Rules. The completion of the verification process is solely the responsibility of each potential winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian, if winner is a Minor). Sponsor will not be responsible for incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, misdirected, damaged, corrupted, postage-due, late or lost Prize Claim Documents, mail-in entries, or other communications; technical, programming, hardware or software failures of any kind; lost or unavailable network connections; any infection by computer virus or bugs; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; incorrect or inaccurate information; or errors, typos, or misprints in these Official Rules or in any Giveaway-related advertisements or other materials, whether caused by Sponsor or by any human error or any closure of all or any part of any location(s) within the Disney Properties during the Giveaway Period for any reason. Entries and Prize Claim Documents submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Each official winner will receive the prize and/or redemption instructions upon verification as an official winner.

By participating, each participant (and his/her parent or legal guardian if he/she is a Minor) releases and agrees to INDEMNIFY AND HOLD SPONSOR, CREATA, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, PARENTS, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND ALL OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE "GIVEAWAY ENTITIES") HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL COSTS, CLAIMS, DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER INJURY, WHETHER DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE, TO PERSON(S) (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DEATH OR VIOLATION OF ANY PERSONAL RIGHTS, SUCH AS VIOLATION OF RIGHT OF PUBLICITY/PRIVACY, LIBEL, OR SLANDER), DUE IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO PARTICIPATION IN THE GIVEAWAY, OR ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN ANY GIVEAWAY-RELATED ACTIVITY OR TRAVEL-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR THE RECEIPT, USE OR MISUSE, OF ANY PRIZE, TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY-RELATED THERETO. EACH OFFICIAL WINNER WAIVES THE RIGHT TO ASSERT AS A COST OF WINNING ANY PRIZE, ANY AND ALL COST OF VERIFICATION AND REDEMPTION OR TRAVEL TO REDEEM SAID PRIZE AND ANY LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY THAT MIGHT ARISE FROM REDEEMING OR SEEKING TO REDEEM SAID PRIZE. FURTHER, THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS, RE-ROUTING, OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR OTHER AUTHORITY. EACH TRIP, DISNEY VACATION CLUB MEMBERSHIP AND EVENT PRIZE WINNER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HE/SHE IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES OF HIS/HER GUESTS (IF ANY) RELATED TO ANY GIVEAWAY ACTIVITY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY ACTIONS, CLAIMS OR LIABILITIES RELATED TO THE GUEST'S USE OF A TRIP OR EVENT PRIZE. By accepting a prize, winners (or their parents or legal guardians if winners are Minors) agree to the use of their name, voice and likeness, along with their address (city and state/province/territory/country) and any statements made by or attributed to such winners in any and all media (including, without limitation, print, broadcast and Internet), now known or hereafter devised, in perpetuity and throughout the universe for advertising, trade and promotional purposes in connection with the Giveaway and other promotions conducted by Sponsor or its affiliates, parents or subsidiaries, without further compensation, review or approval, and hereby release the Giveaway Entities from any claims or liability arising out of or with respect to such use. In addition, winners (or their parents or legal guardians if winners are Minors) agree to the use of their name and address and other biographical information in any winners' list provided in connection with the Giveaway (e.g., to a regulatory authority or through request). For Quebec residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.

2. Disqualification/Force Majeure. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the operation of the Giveaway; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in a disruptive manner, or to be disrupting or undermining the legitimate operation of the Giveaway, or to be annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person and all associated entries of such individual will be void. Except as may be prohibited by law, and subject to the approval of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux with respect to residents of Quebec, Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Giveaway, in whole or in part, or modify, suspend, or extend the Giveaway in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Giveaway is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including, without limitation, as a result of an event of force majeure or fraud. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, if for any reason, the Giveaway administrator and/or Sponsor mistakenly selects more potential winners than there are prizes available, the applicable prizes may be awarded by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all of the participants identified by Sponsor as valid, non-suspect potential winners for those prizes. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, despite reasonable efforts, a potential winner does not respond, or if the prize, any prize documentation or prize notification is declined, unclaimed or undeliverable, or if any potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner may forfeit his or her prize in Sponsor's sole discretion. All prizes legitimately claimed will be awarded. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.

3. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. EXCEPT AS MAY BE SEPARATELY PROVIDED TO PARTICIPANTS BY LAW OR IN WRITING BY THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES, THE GIVEAWAY ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, WHETHER NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER ENACTED, CONCERNING ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.

4. Invalidity/Headings. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for ease of reference, and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.

5. Language Discrepancies. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between the English language version and any translated version of these Official Rules, unless otherwise provided by law, the English version shall prevail and govern. Similarly, in the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Giveaway promotional materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail and govern.

7.GOVERNING LAW

Except where prohibited, by participating in the Giveaway, participants (if a Minor, participant's parent/legal guardian) agree that: (a) except as otherwise specifically set forth in these Official Rules, any action arising out of or relating to these Official Rules or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be filed exclusively in the U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida (or if the District Court shall not have jurisdiction over the subject matter thereof, then to the Circuit Court of the 9th Judicial Circuit in and for Orange County, Florida) and participants hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such court for the purposes of litigating any such action, and any right to a trial by jury and a trial by jury is hereby waived, (b) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with these Official Rules, and/or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and (c) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Giveaway and in no event will participants be entitled to receive attorneys' fees or other legal costs; and (d) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain injunctive or other equitable relief and a participant's sole remedy will be an action at law for damages; and (e) under no circumstances will participants be permitted to obtain awards for and participants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, exemplary, special, incidental, indirect and consequential damages and any other damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise), other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any participant and/or Sponsor shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Florida without giving effect or regard to any principles or doctrines of conflicts of law of the State of Florida or any other jurisdiction.

8.COPY OF OFFICIAL RULES

For a copy of these Official Rules, go online to www.disneyparks.com/rules, visit any guest relations location within the Disney Properties, or mail, postage pre-paid, a hand-printed self-addressed stamped envelope ("SASE") to: P.O. Box 1433, Elmhurst, IL 60126 (residents of the United Kingdom may send requests to: DDG Winners List/Rules Request, Suite 125, 483 Green Lanes London N13 4BS (please indicate that your request is for Official Rules)). Only one request per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled. All Official Rules requests must be received between September 18, 2006 and December 31, 2007. Do not send comments or questions to this address. Residents of Vermont, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico may omit return postage on Official Rules requests.

9.COPY OF WINNERS LIST

To obtain a list of major prize winners, go online to www.disneyparks.com/winners or mail, postage pre-paid, a hand-printed SASE to: P.O. Box 1406, Elmhurst, IL 60126 (residents of the United Kingdom may send requests to: DDG Winners List/Rules Request, Suite 125, 483 Green Lanes London N13 4BS (please indicate that your request is for a winners list)). The major prize winners list will be mailed when the Giveaway is officially over and winners are verified and prizes are awarded. A list of major prize winners will be available no sooner than April 15, 2008 and not after sixty (60) days from the date of first availability. Only one request per outer envelope, mailed separately, will be fulfilled. Do not send comments or questions to this address. Residents of Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico may omit return postage.

The Disney Dreams Giveaway is sponsored by Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., Post Office Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-1000.

APPENDIX

PRIZE DESCRIPTIONS

See Section 3 (Winner Selection & Verification Process) for information on how winners are selected and prizes are awarded. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of any prize that is provided by Sponsor to help towards the payment of taxes associated with winning the prize will be sufficient to pay the winner's tax liability and each winner is responsible for all his/her taxes. Actual retail value may fluctuate during the Giveaway Period, due to market conditions, changes in value of components (e.g. airfare and hotel rates) and other reasons, and actual retail value at time of actual prize award may be different than approximate retail value ("ARV") stated herein due to such conditions. Sponsor is not responsible for and winner will not receive the difference between the actual value of a prize at the time of award and the stated ARV in these Official Rules. If a winner does not accept or use an entire prize, that unaccepted or unused part of the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor will have no further obligations with respect to that prize. Some prizes do not exist after the day of original availability (for example, Mickey Mouse Penthouse, Cinderella Castle Suite and each of the Party for the Senses at the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival Event prizes), and therefore, if those prizes are not claimed on the day of availability, those prizes are gone and no prize will be awarded in lieu of those prizes. The dates when event prizes may be awarded shall be posted on www.disneyparks.com/eventdates. Please check the website periodically for updates. In the event, for whatever reason, Sponsor is unable to provide any element of any prize, no compensation or substitution will be provided for such element; however, the remainder of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner.

Three (3) Membership in the Disney Vacation Club prizes are available: Membership in the Disney Vacation Club includes a Vacation Ownership leasehold condominium interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or another Disney Vacation Club resort as Sponsor shall select, represented by 220 vacation points, together with associated benefits, rights, rules, regulations, privileges and responsibilities, and payment of annual dues and exchange fees. Payment of annual dues and exchange fees on the winner's membership interest is personal to the winner and not transferable. All other expenses incidental to membership in Disney Vacation Club (including, without limitation, airfare, transportation, gratuities, meals, and special assessments and taxes) are and remain the sole responsibility of the winner during the period of time that the winner retains the membership. Membership and ownership expire on January 3, 2054. Membership entitles the winner to an annual allotment of 220 vacation points that may be used to reserve accommodations at Disney Vacation Club Resorts and accommodations available through the Disney Vacation Club Member Getaways program. Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa is located at the Walt Disney World® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. All accommodations are subject to availability and reservation policies. Other restrictions apply. The prize is not redeemable for cash. Certain restrictions on transfer of the membership interest apply. If any winner of this prize is a Minor under the laws of the winner's state, territory, province or country of domicile, Sponsor reserves the right to award this prize to the Minor's parent or legal guardian as custodian of such prize under the Florida Uniform Transfer to Minors Act until such Minor winner attains the age of majority. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if the winner is a Minor under the law of the winner's state or province of domicile, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to hold the awarding of the prize in abeyance until the winner attains the age of majority, at which time the prize and the estimated cash value of the prize during the temporary period of abeyance shall be awarded directly to the winner (with membership and ownership expiring on January 3, 2054). Membership in the Disney Vacation Club is subject to the following restrictions (collectively "the Restrictions"): (i) the Master Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions, the Declaration of Condominium and the Master Cotenancy Agreement for Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or such other Disney Vacation Club Resort selected by Sponsor, each recorded in the Public Records of Orange County, Florida (in the case of Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa) or the public records of the county in which such alternative Disney Vacation Club Resort selected by Sponsor is located; and (ii) all other easements, restrictions and matters of record; and (iii) the Disney Vacation Club Membership and the Disney Vacation Club Resort Agreement for Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or such other Disney Vacation Club Resort selected by Sponsor. The winner acknowledges that his/her membership is subject to the Membership Restrictions. The winner must sign all necessary documents to effectuate transfer of membership (including, without limitation, documents related to the Restrictions) and to receive all disclosures required by the State of Florida, Division of Land Sales, Condominiums and Mobile Homes. The complete offering terms of a Membership in Disney Vacation Club are available in the offering plan available from Disney Vacation Development, Inc. Approximate retail value ("ARV") of each Grand Prize: US $83,701, which includes (i) the conveyance of a real estate interest in Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa or other Disney Vacation Club Resort chosen by Sponsor represented by 220 vacation points at the current membership price of US$22,220; and (ii) the payment of all annual dues (excluding any special assessments) during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, which has an estimated value of US$35,559 (based upon the 2006 annual dues of US$3.98 per Vacation Point, escalated at 5% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iii) any exchange fees incurred by the winner during the time that the winner owns the real estate interest, in exchanging, from time to time, the winner's vacation points for other vacation destinations, which has an estimated value of US$812 (assuming the winner exchanges vacation points every three years and a current exchange fee of US$95 escalated at 2.43% per year and discounted at 5.6%, the current Applicable Federal Rate, over 48 years); and (iv) a cash prize equal to US$25,110 to help defray payment of taxes payable as a result of winning the prize. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability.

Three (3) Grand Marshal World Tour prizes are available: Each prize consists of round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests for one (1) fifteen (15) day/fourteen (14) night trip which includes travel to the following: Disneyland® Park, Disney's California Adventure® Park, Magic Kingdom® Park, Epcot®, Disney-MGM Studios, Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, Disneyland® Resort Paris, Walt Disney Studios® Paris, Tokyo Disneyland® Resort, Tokyo Disney Sea® Park, and Hong Kong Disneyland® Resort. Prize includes: standard hotel accommodations (based on quadruple occupancy); Disney Gift Cards with US$75 per day for winner and each guest to be used for meals; park admissions for winner and guests; ground transportation to and from the Disney Properties included in the tour; and the services of a Disney VIP tour guide at each location. A Disney tour guide or their designated representative will meet the winner and guests at each airport and transport them to their resort and then from the resort to the airport at the end of their stay at that Disney destination. The guide will accompany the winner and guests to the Theme Park on the day the winner may (in Sponsor's sole discretion) serve as Grand Marshal as detailed below. During such tour each winner may also have the opportunity (in Sponsor's sole discretion) to appear as the Grand Marshal in parades in Disneyland® Park, Magic Kingdom® Park, Disneyland® Resort Paris, Tokyo Disneyland® Resort and Hong Kong Disneyland® Resort. This prize also includes US$10,470 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2008. Specific travel dates and itinerary will be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. ARV of each prize: US$45,370.

One (1) Adventures by Disney "Viva Italia" vacation package prize is available: Prize consists of a vacation package for nine (9) days and eight (8) nights. Package includes: round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to Rome, Italy and returning from Venice, Italy, ground transportation between destinations on the scheduled itinerary of the tour, standard hotel accommodations (based on quadruple occupancy), standard meals provided by Adventures by Disney, and a special Disney Photo Keepsake (5"x7" photograph) for the winner only. This prize also includes US$5,908 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2008. Specific travel dates to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Additional Adventures by Disney tour regulations apply, which may be found at www.adventuresbydisney.com. ARV of the prize: US$25,600.

Two (2) Adventures by Disney "Cities of Knights and Lights" vacation package prizes are available: Each prize consists of a vacation package for eight (8) days and seven (7) nights. Package includes: round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to London, England and returning from Paris, France, ground transportation between destinations on the scheduled itinerary of the tour, standard hotel accommodations (based on quadruple occupancy), standard meals provided by Adventures by Disney, and a special Disney Photo Keepsake (5"x7" photograph) for the winner only. This prize also includes US$5,861 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2008. Specific travel dates to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Additional Adventures by Disney tour regulations apply, which may be found at www.adventuresbydisney.com. ARV of each prize: US$25,400.

One (1) Adventures by Disney "Path to Pura Vida" vacation package prize is available: Prize consists of a vacation package for seven (7) days and six (6) nights. Package includes: round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to San Jose, Costa Rica, ground transportation between destinations on the scheduled itinerary of the tour, standard hotel accommodations (based on quadruple occupancy), standard meals provided by Adventures by Disney, and a special Disney Photo Keepsake (5"x7" photograph) for the winner only. This prize also includes US$4,246 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2008. Specific travel dates to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Additional Adventures by Disney tour regulations apply, which may be found at www.adventuresbydisney.com. ARV of the prize: US$18,400.

Two (2) Adventures by Disney "Quest for the West" vacation package prizes are available: Each prize consists of a vacation package for seven (7) days and six (6) nights. Package includes: round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, ground transportation between destinations on the scheduled itinerary of the tour, standard hotel accommodations (based on quadruple occupancy), standard meals provided by Adventures by Disney, and a special Disney Photo Keepsake (5"x7" photograph) for the winner only. This prize also includes US$3,577 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2008. Specific travel dates to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Additional Adventures by Disney tour regulations apply, which may be found at www.adventuresbydisney.com. ARV of each prize: US$15,500.

Three (3) Disney Cruise Line® 10-night Mediterranean Cruise prizes are available: Each prize consists of round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to the originating European port of call, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize includes: stateroom selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, regularly scheduled meals on board the ship, and special VIP treatment which includes a bridge tour with the captain, sounding the ship's horn for the winner only, VIP chef's table dining experience at Palo, and port charges. This prize also includes US$3,900 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Cruise must be taken between June 6, 2007 and August 19, 2007. Specific travel dates to be determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Disney Cruise Line restrictions and conditions apply, which may be found at www.disneycruise.com. ARV of each prize: US$16,900.

Three (3) Disney Cruise Line® 3-night Bahamian Cruises in the Disney Suite are available: Each prize consists of round-trip, economy class air travel and ground transportation for winner and up to three (3) guests to the originating port of call in Port Canaveral, Florida. Prize includes: accommodations in the Walter E. Disney or Roy O. Disney Suite (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), regularly scheduled meals on board the ship and special VIP treatment, including a bridge tour with the captain, sounding the ship's horn for winner only, VIP chef's table dining experience at Palo, and port charges. This prize also includes US$2,280 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2008. Specific travel dates to be determined by Sponsor. Disney Cruise Line restrictions and conditions apply, which may be found at www.disneycruise.com. ARV of each prize: US$9,880.

Six (6) Disney Cruise Line® 14-night Eastbound Trans-Atlantic Cruises are available: Each prize consists of round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to Port Canaveral, Florida and returning from Barcelona, Spain for the first ever Disney Cruise Line® Eastbound trans-Atlantic cruise. Prize includes: stateroom selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion, regularly scheduled meals on board the ship and special VIP treatment, including a bridge tour with the captain, sounding the ship's horn for winner only, VIP chef's table dining experience at Palo, and port charges. This prize also includes US$3,150 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Cruise is scheduled to take place from May 12, 2007 until May 26, 2007. Actual dates of ship's voyage are subject to change. Disney Cruise Line restrictions and conditions apply, which may be found at www.disneycruise.com. ARV of each prize: US$13,650.

Six (6) Disney Cruise Line® 14-night Westbound Trans-Atlantic Cruises are available: Each prize consists of round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to Barcelona, Spain and returning from Port Canaveral, Florida for the Disney Cruise Line® Westbound trans-Atlantic cruise. Prize includes: stateroom selection by Sponsor in its sole discretion, regularly scheduled meals on board the ship and special VIP treatment, including a bridge tour with the captain, sounding the ship's horn for winner only, VIP chef's table dining experience at Palo, and port charges. This prize also includes US$3,150 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Cruise is scheduled to take place from August 18, 2007 through September 1, 2007. Actual dates of ship's voyage are subject to change. Disney Cruise Line restrictions and conditions apply, which may be found at www.disneycruise.com. ARV of each prize: US$13,650.

Fifteen (15) Walt Disney World® Resort trips are available: Each prize consists of a four (4) day/three (3) night vacation package to Walt Disney World® Resort. Package includes: round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to Orlando, Florida, standard hotel accommodations (based on quadruple occupancy), park admissions for winner and guests, and Disney Gift Cards with US$75 per day for winner and each guest to be used for meals. One day of the trip, each winner may also have the opportunity to appear as the Family of the Day and participate in the Magic Kingdom® Park opening ceremony. This prize also includes US$1,200 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2008. Specific travel dates to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ARV of each prize: US$5,200.

Fifteen (15) Disneyland® Resort trips are available: Each prize consists of a four (4) day/three (3) night vacation package to Disneyland® Resort. Package includes: round-trip, economy class air travel for winner and up to three (3) guests to Los Angeles, California (or any other Southern California airport as solely determined by Sponsor), standard hotel accommodations (based on quadruple occupancy), park admissions for winner and guests, and Disney Gift Cards with US$75 per day for winner and each guest to be used for meals. One day of the trip, each winner may also have the opportunity to appear as the Family of the Day. This prize also includes US$1,200 to be used toward the payment of taxes. Sponsor makes no representation or warranty that the cash portion of this prize will be sufficient to pay winner's tax liability. Travel must be completed by September 30, 2008. Specific travel dates to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ARV of each prize: US$5,200.

Starting at the beginning of December 2006, three hundred and sixty-seven (367) ONE-NIGHT STAYS AT MICKEY MOUSE PENTHOUSE are available: Each prize consists of a ONE-NIGHT STAY ON THE NIGHT PRIZE IS AWARDED for winner and up to five (5) guests at the Mickey Mouse Penthouse in the Disneyland® Hotel. Prize includes: use of concierge lounge, dinner, select snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room at Sponsor's sole discretion, a Mickey-themed gift basket and VIP viewing for the parade and either fireworks or Fantasmic! show (subject to availability). Each winner may also be celebrated in the Disneyland® Park parade (at Sponsor's sole discretion). ARV of each prize: US$572.

Starting at the end of January 2007, three hundred and seven (307) ONE-NIGHT STAYS AT CINDERELLA CASTLE SUITE are available: Each prize consists of a ONE-NIGHT STAY ON THE NIGHT PRIZE IS AWARDED for winner and up to five (5) guests at the Cinderella Castle Suite in the Magic Kingdom® Park. Prize includes: dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table, photos with Cinderella, VIP viewing for SpectroMagic and/or Wishes shows (subject to availability) and select snacks and non-alcoholic beverages in the room. Each winner may also be celebrated in the Magic Kingdom® Park daytime parade (at Sponsor's sole discretion). ARV of each prize: US$587.

Thirty-nine (39) Party for the Senses at the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival Event prizes available: Each prize consists of: admission for winner and up to one (1) guest on the night prize is awarded to the Party for the Senses at the Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival Event, an Epcot® International Food and Wine Festival merchandise basket for the winner only and VIP seating at the Eat to the Beat Concert series. ARV of each prize: US$300. PRIZE WILL EXCLUDE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES IF WON BY A MINOR.

One hundred and thirty (130) Shopping Spree at the World of Disney® Store prizes available: Each prize consists of: a US$500 shopping spree on the day prize is awarded. For winners at the California Disney Properties, shopping spree will take place at the World of Disney® Store. For winners at Florida Disney Properties, the shopping spree may take place at the World of Disney® Store, Emporium store at Magic Kingdom® Park, Mouse Gear store at Epcot®, Mickey's of Hollywood store at Disney-MGM Studios, or Island Mercantile store at Disney's Animal Kingdom Theme Park, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ARV of each prize: US$500.

One hundred and thirty (130) Dinner at a Disney Restaurant prizes available: Each prize consists of: One (1) dinner (EXCLUDING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES) on the night prize is awarded for winner and up to five (5) guests at a Disney restaurant, as selected by the winner from a Sponsor-provided list. Prize includes: an opportunity to meet with the Chef of the restaurant (subject to chef availability), who will recommend selections. ARV of each prize: US$450. Any dinner costs over and above US$75 per person will be the sole responsibility of the winner. If dinner costs are less than US$450 the difference will not be awarded.

Five (5) Dinner on the Balcony of the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square prizes available: Each prize consists of: one (1) dinner on the night prize is awarded for winner and up to five (5) guests on the balcony of the Disney Gallery in New Orleans Square at Disneyland® Park, a location that was originally designed to be the living quarters for Walt and/or Roy Disney when they visited the park. Prize includes: a specially prepared meal (EXCLUDING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES) for winner and guests and VIP viewing at this location of Fantasmic! Show (subject to availability). ARV of each prize: US$450. Any dinner costs over and above US$75 per person will be the sole responsibility of the winner. If dinner costs are less than US$450 the difference will not be awarded.

Thirty (30) VIP Tour of Walt Disney's Main Street Apartment prizes available: Each prize consists of: a VIP tour for winner and up to five (5) guests of Walt Disney's Main Street Apartment in Disneyland® Park. Each tour will be for two (2) selected winners and their guests. Prize includes: a complimentary dining experience (EXCLUDING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES) to enjoy on the same day as tour. ARV of each prize: US$340. Any dinner costs over and above US$40 per person will be the sole responsibility of winner. If dinner costs are less than US$240 the difference will not be awarded.

Fifty (50) Holiday Dinner at the Walt Disney World® Resort prizes available: Each prize consists of: one (1) holiday dinner on the night prize is awarded for winner and up to five (5) guests at a Walt Disney World® Resort restaurant selected by the Sponsor, a special holiday photo session with Disney Characters selected by Sponsor following dinner and up to six (6) 5"x7" prints of a photo selected by the winner. ARV of each prize: US$265. Any dinner costs over and above US$40 per person will be the sole responsibility of the winner. If dinner costs are less than US$240 the difference will not be awarded.

Thirty-four (34) Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party prizes available: Each prize consists of: admission on the day prize is awarded for winner and up to three (3) guests to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at the Magic Kingdom® Park, special, pre-event Halloween make-over for winner and guests with Disney cosmetologists and a special photo session with Halloween Characters selected by Sponsor and up to four (4) 5"x7" prints of a photo selected by the winner. ARV of each prize: US$280.

Three (3) VIP Seats for World Premiere prizes available: Each prize consists of: VIP seats selected by Sponsor on the night prize is awarded for winner and up to five (5) guests for the World Premiere of Finding Nemo-The Musical (inspired by Disney"Pixar's "Finding Nemo") at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park, behind-the-scenes tour invitation to the opening night media event and a special item(s) designed especially for the event for winner and each guest. ARV of each prize: US$180.

Seven (7) Access to a Press Event Ceremony prizes available: Each prize consists of: access on the day prize is awarded for winner and up to five (5) guests to a Press Event ceremony associated with new attractions at the Walt Disney World® Resort (including select entertainment, food, and beverage) and a special item(s) designed especially for the event for winner and each guest. ARV of each prize: US$180.

Thirteen (13) Disney's Princess and Pirate Party prizes available: Each prize consists of: admission on the day prize is awarded for winner and up to five (5) guests to Disney's Princess & Pirate Party at the Magic Kingdom® Park, special Princess and Pirate photo session with Characters selected by Sponsor and up to six (6) 5"x7" prints of a photo selected by the winner and one (1) Princess and Pirate merchandise basket for winners. ARV of each prize: US$315.

Twenty-four (24) Star Wars Weekend Meet 'n Greet prizes available: Each prize consists of: an opportunity on the day prize is awarded for winner and up to three (3) guests to meet the one (1) or more of the celebrities selected by Sponsor of the Star Wars Weekend at the Disney-MGM Studios, a prize pack for winner and each guest of Star Wars Weekend merchandise. ARV of each prize: US$160.

Three (3) Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction press event prizes available: Each prize consists of: access on the day prize is awarded for winner and up to five (5) guests to the ceremonies associated

roseprincess
12-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Can't wait to hear if any Disers won the mail-in entries, as people should be hearing if they won soon!! :goodvibes

Shells9
12-06-2006, 06:33 AM
One of mine came back, too, silly Post Office! I guess my TO and FROM were not big enough!

This has become a family project...I have completed a basket of post cards, and DD is responsible picking one for each family member and mailing them each morning.

Hope someone hears they have won something soon! Go Team DIS! :)

tacomaranch
12-06-2006, 03:53 PM
I got tired of reading the rules. I guess I will send in a postcard and wish everyone good luck!

goldengourd
12-11-2006, 04:44 PM
Oh sigh! I didn't know about the postcard option. :guilty: Well, I'll send them in for the next couple weeks anyway. Somehow or other I had missed that, and thought it was only at the park!

Shells9
12-12-2006, 04:16 AM
We are still sending our post cards faithfully...but it would be nice to hear of SOMEONE winning!

DisneyBill
12-12-2006, 10:18 PM
We are still sending our post cards faithfully...but it would be nice to hear of SOMEONE winning!
I'll second that!

CindyandBrice
12-18-2006, 04:21 PM
Well, tomorrow will be 60 days form the 10/20/06 drawing. Which that should have been the first draw date from post cards. I hope someone will confirm they won something from the mail in's, please.

3DisneyKids
12-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Just subscribing as I want to hear about winners!

UrsulasShadow
12-18-2006, 09:48 PM
Still sending them in, hope I win something.

cnids00
12-20-2006, 07:54 AM
I'm still also faithfully mailing our postcards every day, I did get three back as I had only put on the back our information and had forgotten to turn it over and write the To addresse on the front :rolleyes1 , doh!

Though I am getting tired of writing them, I'm still waiting to hear that someone actually won something, that would for sure spark my enthusiasm a bit :goodvibes

mikelan6
12-20-2006, 09:17 AM
I'm also sending them in almost daily and nothing!

ToriLammy
12-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Just remember that little disclaimer you see on a lot of sweepstakes - "Many will enter, few will win." Waiting to see if you have won is one of the hardest things to do but most who enter sweeps for a hobby will tell you that it's best to just enter and forget and then be surprised if you win.

cnids00
12-21-2006, 08:01 PM
I know the odds of winning/not winning, but to read that someone on this forum won something would make it more fun, as of now, I feel like they all get mailed off to eternity :rotfl: Eventually someone will and hopefully someone from here, so at least we know that it wasn't invane (sp?) popcorn::

dustysky
12-22-2006, 06:14 AM
I read that you do not win the BIG prizes if your card IS picked, instead you would get a comprable gift. In my oppinion, the gifts they compared were not comprable at all, i.e. if your card was the one picked to stay in the castle for the night you would instead get a lanyard.

I will find the area that I read that......

dustysky
12-22-2006, 06:18 AM
If a prize requiring winner to be present at a Disney Property is designated for award (such as a DREAM FASTPASS badge or the one-night stay at the Cinderella Castle Suite), a winner entering via mail will receive an alternate prize of comparable or greater approximate retail value as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, such as a special edition pin and lanyard, a special edition Dream Mouse Ears or a merchandise gift basket (which may include a Disney Gift Card).

ToriLammy
12-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I read that you do not win the BIG prizes if your card IS picked, instead you would get a comprable gift. In my oppinion, the gifts they compared were not comprable at all, i.e. if your card was the one picked to stay in the castle for the night you would instead get a lanyard.

I will find the area that I read that......

That's not what the rules say, it says comparable or greater VALUE meaning Dollars. Not comparable in that you will receive something as cool as a night in the castle but something that costs the same or greater than a night in the castle.

Most folks would be happy to win anything. If your card is pulled for something they can not mail you (such as a night in the castle) you probablyt WON'T know anyway. It's not like they are going to send you a letter saying - you won a night in the castle - have a lanyard instead. More than likely it will just say "Congratulations You are a Winner in the YOAMD sweepstakes - enclosed is your prize."

roseprincess
12-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Anyone win anything yet from the YOAMD mail-in entries??

OhMari
12-25-2006, 12:40 PM
That's not what the rules say, it says comparable or greater VALUE meaning Dollars. Not comparable in that you will receive something as cool as a night in the castle but something that costs the same or greater than a night in the castle.

Most folks would be happy to win anything. If your card is pulled for something they can not mail you (such as a night in the castle) you probablyt WON'T know anyway. It's not like they are going to send you a letter saying - you won a night in the castle - have a lanyard instead. More than likely it will just say "Congratulations You are a Winner in the YOAMD sweepstakes - enclosed is your prize."

If I would win the castle, why would it have to be for that night, I have a trip planned and I should be able to say, I'll take it on April 4. But I imagine that cannot happen.

FanDumbo
12-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I know the rules state to send a 3 by 5 postcard, but I have had three of mine come back stamped from the post office "NON_MAILABLE MINIMUM SIZE IS 3-1/2 INCHES X 5 INCHES".
:confused3 :confused3 :confused3
Anybody else get the same type of stamp?

UrsulasShadow
12-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Yeah, I was wondering if that would happen to anyone. I noticed, as did many others, that the standard pre-posted card the PO offers is larger than the stated requirements in the sweepstakes. The way I figure it is, if it doesn't get there, it can't win, so I did not alter the size of the official postcards. I don't believe the intent of the sweepstakes rules is to make everyone cut the cards down to size, since they're only 1/2" off, but if I'm wrong on this, how silly would that be?

Villain Dude
12-28-2006, 08:19 PM
Is it The Disney Dream Giveaway or Disney Dream Giveaway ?

Shells9
12-29-2006, 05:56 AM
II have had three of mine come back stamped from the post office "NON-MAILABLE MINIMUM SIZE IS 3-1/2 INCHES X 5 INCHES"

Wow, that's a bummer! I have had 2 come back to me, despite being labeled TO and FROM, but nothing like that. Some I have cut down, others I have not. I'm getting worn out on mailing them, though, but I can't give up!

I sure hope *someone* wins *something* just so we know it really IS possible!

OhMari
12-29-2006, 02:04 PM
I receive an e-mail once a month from wdwgo.com and it updated the post card;

To learn more about the Disney Dreams Giveaway, go to DisneyParks.com.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006–December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008, on 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone #, birthdate and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Cinderella Castle Suite stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007. It will likely be awarded early in the day for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the Parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida. DREAM FASTPASS badge and Disney Shopping Spree are only awarded at certain Theme Parks for use that day. Mail-in winners of Disney Shopping Spree and DREAM FASTPASS badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes advertised: Grand Marshall World Tour US $45,370, DREAM FASTPASS badge US $5, Cinderella Castle Suite stay US $587. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to Official Rules (see disneyparks.com/rules) Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

†©2006 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM

It also told about 2 Dream GiveawaysDisney is granting a million extra-special dreams!

Joey's and Patrick's came true. Could yours be next?

When Joey Merriman of New Mexico planned a Walt Disney World® vacation, he certainly knew about The Year of a Million Dreams and the dream-making magic the Disney Cast creates every day. "But I never dreamed it would happen to me!," he told us.

Joey and his family got their Disney dreams granted in a big way, when Cast Members pulled him aside at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park in Florida to tell him his family would be going on an all-expense-paid trip to Disneyland® Resort in California.

"I'd be at Disney 24 hours a day if I could," Joey, a lifelong Disney fan, told us.

Patrick Norton, a 9-year-old Guest from Massachusetts, had his dream come true, too—thanks to the $500 Disney Shopping Spree he was lucky enough to receive. Patrick even granted a few dreams on his own: his purchases included a four-foot princess castle his sisters had been eyeing through the whole vacation. "They couldn't believe it," he told us.

Of course, the Merrimans and Nortons are just two of the lucky families to discover how dreams really can come true during The Year of a Million Dreams celebration.

Dreams are coming true for people like you

A million extra-special dreams are now being randomly awarded at both Walt Disney World® Resort and Disneyland® Resort during the celebration, courtesy of the Disney Dreams Giveaway.

Imagine hearing that you've been invited as a special Guest to enjoy a stay that night in the all-new Cinderella Castle Suite—in the heart of the Magic Kingdom® Park. Or what if you received a DREAM FASTPASS badge to enjoy some of the most popular Disney attractions throughout the day, with little or no wait. A Cast Member might even let you know that you've been selected to serve as Grand Marshall at Disney Parks around the globe.

These are just a few of the Disney dreams being granted throughout this incredible celebration.

A dream shopping spree and more

Stepping off of Star Tours with his father, Mark, Patrick Norton had only one thing on his mind—another ride on the classic Star Wars™† attraction. But Disney Cast Members had other ideas. They flagged him down to offer him a dream Disney Shopping Spree.

"When he got to the store, he started off by getting presents for his sisters and the rest of the family," Patrick's mother, Julie, told us. "The Cast Members had to remind him to buy something for himself."

"And when Disney found out that we had a dream to enjoy a meal in Cinderella Castle, they made it happen the next morning," Julie added. "It was the top of the top. We felt like royalty."

A little help from a Yeti

The dreams are granted absolutely randomly. In fact, the Merrimans' prize-winning day might never have come to pass if they didn't have a little help from the Yeti.

"We just got off Expedition Everest™ and bought a Yeti doll for my daughter, Jesse," Joey said. But when we were walking to DINOSAUR, my daughter discovered she lost the doll. We ended up going back to Discovery Island to buy another before we returned to DINOSAUR."

The hiccup in their schedule paid off in a big way when Cast Members were told to offer the Disneyland® trip to the next people to come off the attraction.

"It was the best vacation we ever had," Joey added. "Disney treated us like we were the most important people in the world. Not just on the day we won, but through the whole vacation."

The Norton family would have to agree. Or as Patrick put it to us: "We were wicked, wicked excited!"

Thought I would share.

calypso*a*go-go
12-29-2006, 03:02 PM
I have been using the pre-stamped postcards from the post office that are 3-1/2 x 5-1/2 and have not been cutting them down. I have also been writing my entry info. vertically as suggested in a previous post so the equipment at the P.O. can process the mailing address correctly. It's really nagging at me that all my entries might be disqualified because of the post card dimensions and I really wish we could receive confirmation from the company handling the mail-in entries as to whether or not that extra 1/2" really makes a difference.

calypso*a*go-go
12-29-2006, 03:45 PM
The company administering this contest is listed as Creata...I just called their Chicago office and left a message for the person handling the Disney promo. specifically asking whether or not other postcard sizes would be disqualified. Don't know if they will bother to call me back...but will post any info. I receive.

UrsulasShadow
12-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Thanks, Calypso. Hope you hear back.

Shells9
12-29-2006, 04:05 PM
I don't think I saw it, but does it say, anywhere in the rules, that mechanical entries or labels will disqualify you? I have been using address labels.

Thanks!

ToriLammy
12-29-2006, 04:45 PM
I don't think I saw it, but does it say, anywhere in the rules, that mechanical entries or labels will disqualify you? I have been using address labels.

Thanks!

No it doesn't say that in the rules but it does say "by writing..." so I would start from this point on to handwrite my info and save the labels for another time.

calypso*a*go-go
12-29-2006, 06:24 PM
If anyone else wants to call, just PM me and I'll give you the phone number I used. Maybe if enough people inquire about the postcard size they will change the rules to idicate whether or not other sizes will be disqualified.

tubachick
12-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I too have been sending them in daily (even Sunday I take them to the PO). I have been printing them up on standard office index cards and printing the TO address the correct way on the card and the Info on the back in the alternate direction. Haven't gotten any back yet, so keeping my fingers crossed.:wizard:

OhMari
01-01-2007, 09:48 AM
If anyone else wants to call, just PM me and I'll give you the phone number I used. Maybe if enough people inquire about the postcard size they will change the rules to idicate whether or not other sizes will be disqualified.

I posted this last week, they changed the size of the post card:

To learn more about the Disney Dreams Giveaway, go to DisneyParks.com.

*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win the Disney Dreams Giveaway. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open only to legal residents of 50 U.S., D.C., Puerto Rico, Canada, Mexico & UK. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Giveaway runs October 1, 2006–December 31, 2007 (mail-in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008, on 3.5x5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone #, birthdate and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA). UK residents only mail to 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Cinderella Castle Suite stay will be awarded most days starting January 25, 2007. It will likely be awarded early in the day for a stay that night and is only available to eligible participants at the Parks and Downtown Disney® area in Florida. DREAM FASTPASS badge and Disney Shopping Spree are only awarded at certain Theme Parks for use that day. Mail-in winners of Disney Shopping Spree and DREAM FASTPASS badge will receive a prize of comparable value. Approximate retail value of prizes advertised: Grand Marshall World Tour US $45,370, DREAM FASTPASS badge US $5, Cinderella Castle Suite stay US $587. Prizes range in value from US $3.83 to US $83,701. All prize awards are subject to verification. Odds of winning on a given day depend on the number of eligible participants at a selected location or within the mail-in entry pool for the time or date (as applicable) selected. Subject to Official Rules (see disneyparks.com/rules) Sponsor: Magic Kingdom Productions, Inc., PO Box 10000, Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830.

†©2006 Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM

calypso*a*go-go
01-01-2007, 12:57 PM
OhMari -- What we are questioning is whether or not using the "official" prestamped postcard sold from the Post Office, which is 3-1/2 X 5-1/2, would cause an entry to be disqualified. Many are just cutting 1/2" off the cards, but others (like my lazy self!) have just been sending them "as is". I will cut them down to size if necessary, but was really hoping I wouldn't have to.

mickeywho?
01-01-2007, 04:19 PM
Just found this thread and it sounds like you guys have a lot of concerns. Hope I can answer some for you - because I won!!!

I've been sending my entries on a 3 x 5 index card. White cards - lined on one side. On the lined-side - the back - I print my name and personal info in a black fine liner. On the blank side - the front - I put a small return address sticker in the top left corner, the stamp on the top right, and I print the address in black fine liner.

I got a call a few weeks before Christmas - I'm Canadian so I had to answer a skill testing question - good thing I passed grade 3 math!
I was told I had won twice - a set of Mickey ears, and a pin lanyard set. I was so thrilled!!! woohoo!

The lady on the phone was so sweet - she told me to keep sending in cards as there was no limit as to how many times you can win.
Haven't received my stuff yet, but I'm assuming it's all caught up in the Christmas post office madness.

UrsulasShadow
01-01-2007, 07:37 PM
Congratulations, mickeywho?! That still doesn't answer our questions as to whether the standard postcards are being disqualified, but does answer the question of whether non-standard "postcards" are getting through. Maybe I'll try sending a couple of index cards, just in case.

roseprincess
01-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Just found this thread and it sounds like you guys have a lot of concerns. Hope I can answer some for you - because I won!!!

I've been sending my entries on a 3 x 5 index card. White cards - lined on one side. On the lined-side - the back - I print my name and personal info in a black fine liner. On the blank side - the front - I put a small return address sticker in the top left corner, the stamp on the top right, and I print the address in black fine liner.

I got a call a few weeks before Christmas - I'm Canadian so I had to answer a skill testing question - good thing I passed grade 3 math!
I was told I had won twice - a set of Mickey ears, and a pin lanyard set. I was so thrilled!!! woohoo!

The lady on the phone was so sweet - she told me to keep sending in cards as there was no limit as to how many times you can win.
Haven't received my stuff yet, but I'm assuming it's all caught up in the Christmas post office madness.
Congrats! :cool1: :banana:

Have you been mailing your index cards to the Elmhurst, IL.USA address or the London, UK address? Just curious, as I'm just wondering if the London UK office is picking contest winners quicker than the Elmhurst, Il USA office.

mickeywho?
01-01-2007, 08:46 PM
Congrats! :cool1: :banana:

Have you been mailing your index cards to the Elmhurst, IL.USA address or the London, UK address? Just curious, as I'm just wondering if the London UK office is picking contest winners quicker than the Elmhurst, Il USA office.

ours go to a PO box in Elmhurst Illinois.

roseprincess
01-01-2007, 08:53 PM
ours go to a PO box in Elmhurst Illinois.
Ok, thanks for letting me know, as I live in the Chicago area and just wondering if the Elmhurst,IL office is finally getting around to picking winners.

Congrats again, as you are the first person I know that has won from the YOAMD mail-in entries!! :banana: :cool1: Hope you will get the Mickey ears and pin lanyard set soon!!

calypso*a*go-go
01-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Yes!!!! Finally a report from a mail-in winner. :woohoo: Hopefully we'll have some more winners checking in. It sounds like any type of postcard is allowed so I'm not going to bother cutting 1/2" off the ones I haven't mailed yet. Do you think they will actually contact U.S. residents that have won, or just send the items out? It would sure be a nice surprise to find a lanyard in my mailbox!

Shells9
01-02-2007, 10:25 AM
Congrats on your win, and thanks so much for sharing your good news! Very nice to hear someone getting picked - hope to hear from more people real soon!

tubachick
01-02-2007, 12:12 PM

:woohoo: congrats!!!

Glad the 3x5 card works, cuz thats what I have been doing too!!!

tinkgurl
01-02-2007, 03:50 PM
I am also a winner! I was won a lanyard decorated with 'A Year of A Million Dreams' and two pins with characters on them! They sent a card with it thanking me for entering the contest and asking me to keep on dreamin'!

mickeywho?
01-02-2007, 09:12 PM
I am also a winner! I was won a lanyard decorated with 'A Year of A Million Dreams' and two pins with characters on them! They sent a card with it thanking me for entering the contest and asking me to keep on dreamin'!

How long did it take for your package to arrive?
I've been waiting about a month now!:hourglass

glass- slippers
01-02-2007, 09:14 PM
:woohoo: Good to hear people are winning with the postcards! Hope I'm next!!:thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
01-02-2007, 09:34 PM

Congrats! Just wondering, did they call you first, or did the lanyard just show up? Also, did it come through the post office, or by another source (Fed Ex, etc)?

glass- slippers
01-03-2007, 01:31 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: Too cool!! I just won 3 times!!
My packages came certified US mail. I wasn't contacted before-hand by phone or e-mail. I won 2 lanyards/pins and a pair of the Mickey ears!::MickeyMo I entered with the pre-stamped post-cards from the post office. Good luck everyone, now I have to go out and buy more postcards so I can have a shot at the DVC!:rotfl: :thumbsup2

Vickie46
01-03-2007, 01:35 PM
so exciting! I can't wait to get my mail today to see if We won!!!! Good luck everyone!

Do you have to sign for these things?

glass- slippers
01-03-2007, 01:41 PM
I had to sign for mine, they came certified!:woohoo: I'm still so excited!!

UrsulasShadow
01-03-2007, 03:16 PM
:woohoo: :woohoo: Too cool!! I just won 3 times!!
My packages came certified US mail. I wasn't contacted before-hand by phone or e-mail. I won 2 lanyards/pins and a pair of the Mickey ears!::MickeyMo I entered with the pre-stamped post-cards from the post office. Good luck everyone, now I have to go out and buy more postcards so I can have a shot at the DVC!:rotfl: :thumbsup2

Congratulations! Glad to hear that a variety of postcards are working.

Vickie46
01-03-2007, 03:32 PM
well. I got my mail.. no disney pixie dust today... maybe another day! I am still so excited that disers one!!!!! Yeah!:cool1: :thumbsup2

tink2020
01-03-2007, 03:57 PM
I just send in 3x5 cards + a postcard stamp. It must work, because I got a pin lanyard and 2 commemorative pins today via certified mail! :yay: I found that much easier than worrying about cutting anything off, and it's only more expensive by the cost of the pack of notecards.

Good luck DISers!

tinkgurl
01-03-2007, 06:03 PM
How long did it take for your package to arrive?
I've been waiting about a month now!:hourglass

Well I have been sending postcards in since the first day of the contest and I just got the package this weekend.

tinkgurl
01-03-2007, 06:04 PM
Congrats! Just wondering, did they call you first, or did the lanyard just show up? Also, did it come through the post office, or by another source (Fed Ex, etc)?

The lanyard just showed up in the regular mail at the post office! I did not receive any phone calls or anything.

Weluvdisny
01-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Anybody putting Disney stickers on the postcard or jazzing them up in any way? My uncle won a postcard contest and he said it was because he sent a flourescent yellow one and it stood out. Any thoughts on a color vs. white postcard?

Good luck everyone!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Vickie46
01-03-2007, 07:12 PM
I always wondered that too!

Weluvdisny
01-03-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm just adding some disney stickers to my postcards. Nothing fancy like a scrapbook page. I'm just hoping to catch someone's eye. ;)

roseprincess
01-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Congrats to all the YOAMD mail-in entry winners! :cool1: :banana:

nicdanh
01-04-2007, 09:53 AM
I have 4x6 index cards. Do you think they will work? I have read that people are getting back the 3x5 index cards because they do not meet reguired size for mailing, but than some are getting through. Should I resize my 4x6 cards??

Thanks!
Michelle

Vickie46
01-04-2007, 10:04 AM
I wouldn't.. I would be afraid that would be too big for the rules.

calypso*a*go-go
01-04-2007, 11:02 AM
Okay...so yesterday I read the recent posts about people receiving their prizes in the mail and go racing to the mailbox. Our neighborhood has the locking mailboxes that have smaller mail slots for individual homes and then two large boxes on the bottom for package delivery. I open my mailbox and it contains the key to unlock one of the larger boxes. My heart is soaring as I realize I'm a winner. I hastily unlock the box, and yep -- I'm a loser! It was my DD's American Eagle order. Arrgh!!!!

Congrats to those of you that have already won and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of us poor, unfortunate souls. :sad2:

glass- slippers
01-04-2007, 12:12 PM
My letter carrier just delivered 2 more mickey ears today!:thumbsup2
Maybe tomorrow I'll get the DVC letter!!:cool1:

mommyoftwinfants
01-04-2007, 05:56 PM
We won 4 mickey ears(Mom, DS, DS, me)I sent a postcard for each of us everyday until I ran out. Off to the post office to get more.

tiggersgal19
01-04-2007, 07:45 PM
Can someone post the address for me. Thank you.:dance3:

UrsulasShadow
01-04-2007, 09:51 PM
Can someone post the address for me. Thank you.:dance3:

Try page one of this thread.

pansmermaidzlagoon
01-05-2007, 10:53 AM
mailperson just delivered the mickey ears!!!!:cool1:

I had only sent in postcards a couple times back when this first started - and then forgot about it for awhile!!!!

OhMari
01-05-2007, 05:21 PM
I just got a prize from the post cards. I had to go to the post office and sign for it. Are you ready: A grey laynard with 2 YOMD pins. I'm happy, I probably sent in 10 post cards back in october, I sent one in Nov. I'm going to start sending my post cards in again.

Now I need some more pins, someone said ebay has them. Otherwise, wow, what an expensive thing to do to for a first timer. Those pins go for $10 a pop.

Vickie46
01-05-2007, 08:21 PM
I want to win something so bad.... Congrats to all the diser winners!!

T-i-double-g-err
01-05-2007, 08:43 PM
I went to the postoffice today and picked up my certified mail envelope that was sent for 1/3 delivery. As 1/3 is my birthday, this was a truly awsome present. I won a lanyard with two commemorative pins.

Here are some pictures.
http://home.comcast.net/~dkerven/Disney/smIMG_0205.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~dkerven/Disney/smIMG_0191.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~dkerven/Disney/smIMG_0192.jpg

calypso*a*go-go
01-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Time for my daily loser check...yep, I'm still a loser! :sad2:

I'm going to sooth my sorrow by convincing myself that my awesome, wonderful, prizes are just taking longer to get to WA...probably got stuck in Denver for a few days -- right?

mommyoftwinfants
01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
don't worry they will come:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

mickeywho?
01-05-2007, 09:06 PM
They called me to let me know I had won over a month ago - and the wait is killing me! Nothing in the mail today...

calypso*a*go-go
01-07-2007, 02:17 AM
P.S. I was a loser again today and already know I'll be one tomorrow due to no mail delivery. Should I pencil in being a loser on Monday? :laughing:

UrsulasShadow
01-07-2007, 09:47 AM
Hello? Loser here.

Tissa
01-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Well I forgot I was a looser until I read this thread:sad1: Mine just got delayed in the mail too:wizard:

twinklebug
01-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Well I forgot I was a looser until I read this thread:sad1:

:lmao:

You're doing better than me - I can't even send in a card as DS will be a CM in a month. No point in trying.

calypso*a*go-go
01-07-2007, 02:49 PM

You're doing better than me - I can't even send in a card as DS will be a CM in a month. No point in trying.

Oh dear, you really are a loser! :thumbsup2

Time to jump on the CM discount for a DVC membership...and then we might make you an honorary winner.:woohoo:

Katchakat
01-07-2007, 03:35 PM

Oh dear, you really are a loser! :thumbsup2

Time to jump on the CM discount for a DVC membership...and then we might make you an honorary winner.:woohoo:

Oh! I hope I inherit the ownership of that win!! I mean, being related to a loser in all must pay off at some point, right? :laughing: :goodvibes

glitzybabes
01-07-2007, 05:16 PM
Can you mail in a 3x5 note card? Has anyone won that has sent in a 3x5 notecard?
Tiffany

T-i-double-g-err
01-07-2007, 06:16 PM
Can you mail in a 3x5 note card? Has anyone won that has sent in a 3x5 notecard?
Tiffany

I think some people may have done so. I know that the US postal service says that it will not deliver cards smaller the 3.5x5.

WeirdTigger27
01-07-2007, 06:19 PM
I went to the postoffice today and picked up my certified mail envelope that was sent for 1/3 delivery. As 1/3 is my birthday, this was a truly awsome present. I won a lanyard with two commemorative pins.

T-i-double-g-err, thank you for posting pictures! The pins are adorable! This just convinced me to go to the post office tomorrow and get some postcards to send!!!:yay:

Mrs. T-i-double-g-er
01-07-2007, 08:08 PM
Good luck! :thumbsup

When we've sent postcards two days in a row, we send one from me and one from DH so that we don't run afoul of the one/day entry rule. It looks like luck may have struck us again. We're pretty excited! :yay: We got another note for certified delivery yesterday. I will be trekking to the post office to pick it up tomorrow...

UrsulasShadow
01-07-2007, 08:35 PM
Good luck! :thumbsup

When we've sent postcards two days in a row, we send one from me and one from DH so that we don't run afoul of the one/day entry rule. It looks like luck may have struck us again. We're pretty excited! :yay: We got another note for certified delivery yesterday. I will be trekking to the post office to pick it up tomorrow...

I never saw it posted anywhere official that we were limited to 1 entry per day...where did you see that?

T-i-double-g-err
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
I never saw it posted anywhere official that we were limited to 1 entry per day...where did you see that?

It's in the mail in section (2.b) in the official rules (http://adestinations.disney.go.com/media/disneyparks/en_US/html/yomdrules.html?CMP=OTC-VanURLYOMDRulesEng).

Also, starting on September 18, 2006, eligible participants can enter without being present in a Disney Property by writing their full name, complete mailing address (including postal code), daytime telephone number (including area code), and date of birth on a 3.5"x5" postcard and sending it with proper postage affixed to: (i) if a legal resident of the United States, District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, Canada or Mexico: P.O. Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126; or (ii) if a legal resident of the United Kingdom: Disney Dream Giveaway, 483 Green Lanes, London N13 4BS. Participants may enter once per day during the Giveaway Period. All mail-in entries must be mailed separately, postmarked by December 31, 2007 and received by January 14, 2008 or they will be void.

UrsulasShadow
01-07-2007, 09:02 PM
This section was omitted in the Official Rules they mailed to me, 'tis why I asked. Thanks!

Mrs. T-i-double-g-er
01-07-2007, 09:24 PM
DH (T-i-double-g-err) wanted me to reply to you. "No Problem"

Yes, we really are married!

Mickey1122
01-07-2007, 09:31 PM
A couple of questions:

1. Do you have to be 18 or older to send cards in?
2. Can you use a 3x5 index card? (I'm sure it's been asked a zillion times, but I don't feel like trying the search feature.)
3. Is there a specific order in which you write the information?

Mrs. T-i-double-g-er
01-07-2007, 09:35 PM
A couple of questions:

1. Do you have to be 18 or older to send cards in?
2. Can you use a 3x5 index card? (I'm sure it's been asked a zillion times, but I don't feel like trying the search feature.)
3. Is there a specific order in which you write the information?

I don't think there is an age requirement.

In terms of 3x5 index cards, don't try mailing them like a postcard. USPS say they will not deliver cards smaller than 3.5x5.

We've been doing name, address, phone, birthday. I don't know if it matters.

Good luck.:thumbsup2

glitzybabes
01-07-2007, 11:16 PM
When Disney Dream Giveaway does call to say that you have won something, What does your caller ID say? If you are not there, do they leave a message?

UrsulasShadow
01-07-2007, 11:26 PM
In terms of 3x5 index cards, don't try mailing them like a postcard. USPS say they will not deliver cards smaller than 3.5x5.

Okay, 2 different responses to this one have been offered.

And this one:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know the rules state to send a 3 by 5 postcard, but I have had three of mine come back stamped from the post office "NON_MAILABLE MINIMUM SIZE IS 3-1/2 INCHES X 5 INCHES".

Maybe they do handle mail differently in Canada.

And as far as sending cards in, if you're a minor, I don't see a restriction for winning, but there's some restrictions as to how you can collect your prize (per the official rules T-i-double g-er posted earlier)
Except as otherwise set forth in these Official Rules, prizes won by a person who is a minor in his or her state, province or country of residence ("Minor") may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, be awarded to his or her parent or legal guardian, and, in the case of prizes that, in Sponsor's sole discretion, require winner verification, that parent or legal guardian will be responsible for completing the verification process and executing all "Prize Claim Documents" (as hereinafter defined) and otherwise complying with all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event a Minor is the winner of any prize in which the winner is permitted to travel to, stay at or attend an event, site or destination, such Minor and any guest (as applicable) must be accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian on such prize and, as applicable, the parent or legal guardian will be considered one (1) of the allotted guests.

Punkin's Mom
01-07-2007, 11:50 PM
What's up with the Canadian skills testing question???

UrsulasShadow
01-08-2007, 12:09 AM
What's up with the Canadian skills testing question???

I'm only guessing, but maybe they don't allow games of chance...only skill?

T-i-double-g-err
01-08-2007, 07:41 AM
Okay, 2 different responses to this one have been offered.

Maybe they do handle mail differently in Canada.

You may be right about difference in Canada. When I first looked into it, the original rules required posted on the net required a 3x5 postcard. A couple weeks later the rules changed to a 3.5x5 postcard. I think this may have been a result of someone consulting the US postal service Web site which states a minimum postcard size of 3.5x5. (Click here for US Postal Service size limits (http://postcalc.usps.gov/mailpiecedimensions.asp) and scroll down to Postcard.)

We're sticking with the pre-stamped card purchased from the post office. We've won a lanyard with pins :yay: (see post 80 (http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=16245071&postcount=80) for pictures), so they seem to be acceptable.

willoughbyclan
01-08-2007, 01:10 PM
I have been sending the pre-stamped PO card since the sweepstakes started. I send (2) per day. One for me and one for my DM. Just last wk I dropped it down to every 2-3 days, still two cards though. Haven't won anything yet. But hey, I recently won the Cinderella DVD sweepstakes so maybe I've already used up all of my luck. :rotfl: That doesn't apply to my DM however.

Still wishing.......

siestakeys04
01-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Are you scared to have your info like that out? I want to enter but there are some evil people out there today. Any advice on what to do???

UrsulasShadow
01-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Are you scared to have your info like that out? I want to enter but there are some evil people out there today. Any advice on what to do???

It's only name, address, phone and birth date. Pretty much anything you can get from a town's census lists.

alyssa810
01-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Am I correct in understanding that folks aren't using "regular" postcards? I have a bunch of leftover postcards from various trips, but they're 4 x 6 inches, which seems to be the standard for these types of postcards? Do you think I should use some of these, or play it safe with post office postcards?

Mrs. T-i-double-g-er
01-08-2007, 08:29 PM
Am I correct in understanding that folks aren't using "regular" postcards? I have a bunch of leftover postcards from various trips, but they're 4 x 6 inches, which seems to be the standard for these types of postcards? Do you think I should use some of these, or play it safe with post office postcards?

I would play it safe. The rules actually say 3.5x5 postcard.

Mickey1122
01-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Wait a minute...I thought that the rules said 3x5 but they only sol 3.5x5. I'm confused...Somebody help.

T-i-double-g-err
01-08-2007, 08:49 PM
Wait a minute...I thought that the rules said 3x5 but they only sol 3.5x5. I'm confused...Somebody help.

When the rules were originally posted, they called for a 3x5 card. After much debate here about the postal size restrictions :confused3 , the rules magically changed about a week later to read 3.5x5. :wizard: Last time I saw that section of the rules, it still says 3.5x5.

Mickey1122
01-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Thanks for clearing that up...it makes things much easier. You don't have to worry about cutting them or getting them rejected by the postal service.

Weluvdisny
01-09-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok. I got one of my postcards back today. They stamped the side that had my address and DOB on it. Does that mean they thought it went to me? Should I try and re-send it? :confused3

I used the post office pre-stamped cards and cut 1/2 inch off the sides.

Vickie46
01-09-2007, 09:06 PM
the best thing is to write your info on the back side the opposite way.. that way it won't get back to you!

snoopywoodstockus
01-10-2007, 09:39 AM
DW and I are using the prestamped USPS postcards and have won lanyards w/ pins via mail. No trimming required.

She got hers a couple of days ago via certified mail and I got a card that I have something at the post office from Disney. So, I am assuming that it is a lanyard/pin set also.

We send 1 for each of us daily.

mlill
01-10-2007, 09:46 AM
OK, I'm going to ask a totally stupid question :blush: - I just bought some pre-stamped post office post cards - which side is which? Is the side with the stamp the front where I put the Disney address, and the empty side the back where I put my info? I have TO: and FROM: on the postcards, but I thought I'd ask here, just to be sure!

Thanks!

-Michelle

Shells9
01-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Is the side with the stamp the front where I put the Disney address, and the empty side the back where I put my info?

That's how it works!:)

DreaminDisney
01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I have a bunch of 4x6 index cards. Do you think I could cut them to 3.5x5 and send them?

Shells9
01-10-2007, 11:35 AM
I have a bunch of 4x6 index cards. Do you think I could cut them to 3.5x5 and send them?

I think as long as they fit the size, they'd be fine.

CinderellasSister
01-10-2007, 05:43 PM
Ok. I got one of my postcards back today. They stamped the side that had my address and DOB on it. Does that mean they thought it went to me? Should I try and re-send it? :confused3

I used the post office pre-stamped cards and cut 1/2 inch off the sides.

Do you know how long after mailing it that it was returned?

tufenuff
01-11-2007, 01:49 PM
I have been entering by mail and just got a year of a million year hat.:cool1: :banana:

calypso*a*go-go
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I am really happy to see a winner from the western U.S. -- so far most of the posts here have been from east coasters and I was starting to come up will all kinds of conspiracy theories...thank goodness I don't have to call the CIA now! (Just kidding of course) :teeth:

Tink3Belle
01-11-2007, 02:26 PM
What if you are bad at math and your from Canada?
Can you get help solving the mathmatical question?

That's odd!:rotfl2:

Pammy jo
01-12-2007, 09:03 PM
I just got my ears this week certified mail!! Yipee!!! I had sent in postcards back when the contest first started and totally figured long ago I wasn't a winner. Would have rather had a free vacation, but heck, it was something!

Mrs. T-i-double-g-er
01-12-2007, 09:07 PM
What if you are bad at math and your from Canada?
Can you get help solving the mathmatical question?

That's odd!:rotfl2:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Can you tell I teach math?:teacher:

cnids00
01-13-2007, 03:34 PM
Yes! :goodvibes The mailman just brought us a certified box from Walt Disney World! It was for my DD :banana: She won Mickey Mouse Ears!!

Skyblue felt with clouds on, silver ears and an Year of a Million Dreams-emblem in front, very stylish ;)

cheekpatch
01-13-2007, 05:22 PM
Received a registed box that I had to sign for yesterday. Got SOOO excited when I saw the Disney return address. It was the pair of "dream" mickey ears. Going to keep sending in those postcards, would love to win one of those vacation packages:banana:

calypso*a*go-go
01-14-2007, 02:23 AM
My son went and got the mail for me today and yet another package shows up that is not from the Dream Squad! What's up with that?

CinderellasSister
01-14-2007, 07:57 AM
I've been using the regular 3x5 index cards and they haven't gotten returned from the post office so far. Any winners out there using the index cards or just with the post office cards? Just curious...... :scratchin

Congrats to all winners!!! How exciting!!! :cool1:

UrsulasShadow
01-14-2007, 10:06 AM
My son went and got the mail for me today and yet another package shows up that is not from the Dream Squad! What's up with that?

Still a loser, calypso? Me too:goodvibes .

bzzelady
01-14-2007, 10:49 AM
My mother received a pair of dream mouse ears this week from the postcard I mailed out for her.
I measured my postcards...mine are actually 4 x 6 (extra Longaberger show invitations I had hanging around from when I actively did home shows).
I guess means that we don't have to get terribly obsessive about trimming the extra off of our postcards :)

eeyorelori
01-14-2007, 05:08 PM
How long do we have to send them in????

UrsulasShadow
01-14-2007, 05:20 PM
How long do we have to send them in????

Sometime in Dec. 2007, I think.

OhMari
01-14-2007, 05:31 PM
I won again with my post card. I now have the laynard and the Mickey ears. So it proves you can win more than once. I think it is worth to keep sending cards in. I live in the Midwest, not the East Coast.

cnids00
01-14-2007, 11:44 PM
I was just wondering about that, if you could win more then once thinking I didn't have to mail in for DD anymore as she already won her ears, but that proves me wrong :)
I had already made up the cards for this coming week, guess I'll just make some mre with her name on them too! Thanks!

snoopywoodstockus
01-16-2007, 04:41 PM
DW and I have won 3 lanyard/pin sets. We got all of them last week. We send in 1 postcard in each name. We were sending them daily but got out of the habit. I will surely start again now.

:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Mickey1122
01-16-2007, 05:11 PM
Congratulations!

I sent my first oen today. Does anyone know when the next drawing is?

tinkgurl
01-16-2007, 06:08 PM
We just won our second lanyard and pins...and our first of the Mickey ears! I was so excited when I saw the packages!

Mickey1122
01-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Congratulations! When did they come?

tinkgurl
01-16-2007, 06:51 PM
Congratulations! When did they come?

They came today in our mail! We sent in postcards for like 3 months straight and now we've won all that so far! It's exciting!:wizard:

Cmdbuddy
01-16-2007, 06:53 PM
Does it come certified mail? We got something from Disney today certified mail, but alas the post office is closed.

We were thinking it could either be DVC stuff or Cruise stuff though.

Pixiedust34
01-16-2007, 06:59 PM
I just discovered a certified mail card from Orlando! It came today but was misplaced until now. :goodvibes

I'm not sure what to do tomorrow. Do I go to the post office to get my package? Or do I assume it's still on the mail truck and hope to be home when he delivers the mail? WWYD?

I won't be able to sleep tonight. : )

And, does anyone have a picture of the YOAMD Ears?

Cmdbuddy
01-16-2007, 07:28 PM
For those of you that have received winnings from YOAMD-

What was the return address of your package/certified letter?

The thing we got in the mail today that we have to pick up at the PO is from Disney Resorts.

tink2020
01-16-2007, 07:34 PM
For those of you that have received winnings from YOAMD-

What was the return address of your package/certified letter?

The thing we got in the mail today that we have to pick up at the PO is from Disney Resorts.

It was not Disney Resorts (sorry!), just "Walt Disney World" and a PO Box

Pixiedust34
01-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Just an update..........I was hoping that the mailman would have it in his truck today, but he didn't. He is going to bring my package tomorrow. I have to wait another day!! I wonder if I got the ears or the lanyard?? :goodvibes

bzzelady
01-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Another pair of ears arrived at our house yesterday :cool1:

This is more proof that if you have 4 x 6 cards, you don't have to worry about trimming them down :)

Now, if only a lanyard/pin set would arrive.
(or a trip...I'll keep on dreaming...)

UrsulasShadow
01-18-2007, 01:48 PM
Ahhh, no longer a loser!
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e377/rosamindy/YOAMDprize.jpg

mickeywho?
01-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Ahhh, no longer a loser!

Congrats! I knew all those pixiedust: pixiedust: would finally do the trick.
Still waiting for my ears - my pin/lanyard set finally came on Monday.

Has anyone received anything other that ears or pins?

Pixiedust34
01-18-2007, 02:05 PM
My ears came today!! : )

pperfectmom
01-18-2007, 03:01 PM
Congrats everyone!!! I guess there's still hope for me!

Shells9
01-18-2007, 06:40 PM
We're no longer losers! DD won some ears that arrived today!

glass- slippers
01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Congrats everyone:thumbsup2 pixiedust: pixiedust:

calypso*a*go-go
01-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Congrats to the latest winners. It's nice to see the prizes arriving in a steady stream. I thought we would be seeing a different pattern with the rules stating they would only do the drawing once each month. Keep spreading that Pixie Dust! pixiedust:

WeirdTigger27
01-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Scatters lots pixiedust: of alllll over this thread. :hippie:

Gomez Gang
01-24-2007, 12:24 AM
I am also interested in why IL? I live about 5 miles from the Elmhurst post office (and have my whole life) and there is no Disney headquarters,as far as I know, around here.
Good question.........maybe they are renting office space? Elmhurst is not exactly a cheap town to rent a business in though!

Shells9
01-24-2007, 05:31 AM
Gomez Gang -- contests are typically administered by a third party to prevent any type of bias or anything (except for that one group that did McDonald's Monopoly that one time, that did not work out so well!). In this case, it is my understanding the administer selects the winners and then provides a list to Disney, who sends out the prizes. The administer of this contest must be based in, or have subbed that task out to, a company in Illinois.

WildGrits
01-24-2007, 08:42 AM
Does anyone know if the ears and lanyard are different than anything you can buy at the parks?

Shells9
01-24-2007, 09:33 AM
I don't believe you can purchase either -- they are unique designs at this point, I think. I could be wrong...

Twingle
01-24-2007, 03:31 PM
Question for all you winners - did you send in every day? My DH has put a limit of $100 on postage for this (he's not NEARLY a big enough Dinsey fan!), and I'm trying to figure out the best way to send in!

Thanks for any input!

UrsulasShadow
01-24-2007, 04:00 PM
Question for all you winners - did you send in every day? My DH has put a limit of $100 on postage for this (he's not NEARLY a big enough Dinsey fan!), and I'm trying to figure out the best way to send in!

Thanks for any input!
I sent in a card every day. Sometimes 2 or 3 (yeah, I realized after the fact that it was only supposed to be one a day). I received 2 sets of ears in one day. I don't know if that's because they drew me twice in one day, or that's just how they come in (I've seen others receive 2 in a day, so I think it's just the way it's done). Don't worry, I'm only sending in 1 a day now. I don't want to take the risk of being disqualified for the really big prizes!

I only bought 100 postcards. Once those are gone, I'll re-evaluate whether I have the money to keep on playing.

glass- slippers
01-24-2007, 05:28 PM
I won another pair of ears today!!pixiedust:

DizneyDogs
01-24-2007, 06:01 PM
Still haven't won anything yet! So I made a new image for my signature hoping that would give me luck :lmao:

bzzelady
01-24-2007, 08:26 PM
My husband and I both received the lanyard/pin sets in the mail today :banana: :banana: :banana:

WeirdTigger27
01-25-2007, 08:42 AM
Still haven't won anything yet! So I made a new image for my signature hoping that would give me luck :lmao:

It's very cute!!! I hope it helps!!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

lennon2004
01-25-2007, 09:01 AM

Cute. :) I've resorted to filling out the postcards with my Minnie and Mickey pens..well, it can't hurt, right? :goodvibes

glitzybabes
01-25-2007, 12:35 PM
Cute. :) I've resorted to filling out the postcards with my Minnie and Mickey pens..well, it can't hurt, right? :goodvibes

When me and my DD8 Mail our postcards, we rub our ears on them. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/mickey.gif
She thinks I'm nutty:rotfl:

lennon2004
01-26-2007, 10:37 AM
When me and my DD8 Mail our postcards, we rub our ears on them. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/mickey.gif
She thinks I'm nutty:rotfl:

:rotfl: Glad I'm not the only one who goes about things a bit..oddly. :laughing:

Praise2Him
01-26-2007, 02:19 PM
I won the lanyard and pins! I got it yesterday. I started out mailing them every day, but kind of got out of the habit and just did it whenever I remembered. Now I'm going to make sure to send one every day - I really want the mouse ears! (One of the bigger prizes would be nice too!)

Savsmommy
01-26-2007, 03:13 PM
Is there a certain age limit to enter? DD is 6 and I was wondering if I could send some in with her name? Do I put her DOB or do I need to put mine?

rae662000
01-26-2007, 03:45 PM
Is there a certain age limit to enter? DD is 6 and I was wondering if I could send some in with her name? Do I put her DOB or do I need to put mine?

It's okay to put your daughter's name on one. Put her DOB, my two DDs have both won something, no problem.

Savsmommy
01-26-2007, 03:48 PM
It's okay to put your daughter's name on one. Put her DOB, my two DDs have both won something, no problem.

Thank You!! I'm filling out my postcards as we speak. :cool1:

rae662000
01-26-2007, 03:51 PM
I don't believe you can purchase either -- they are unique designs at this point, I think. I could be wrong...

You are correct, they are won only in the contest and can not be purchased, which makes them more desired.

lennon2004
01-26-2007, 04:06 PM
You are correct, they are won only in the contest and can not be purchased, which makes them more desired.

Unless you check out the horrible prices on eBay. :eek:

UrsulasShadow
01-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Unless you check out the horrible prices on eBay. :eek:

Why? What are they asking on eBay?

tbthomps
01-26-2007, 09:08 PM
:banana: Thank you, I was looking for this information too.

lovehoney
01-27-2007, 02:25 AM
Did you hand write your entry information or did you use an address label or some other printed media?

T-i-double-g-err
01-27-2007, 08:04 AM
Did you hand write your entry information or did you use an address label or some other printed media?

I've been hand writing ours. We've been very lucky and received 2 lanyards w/pins and one set of ears to date.

Good luck to everyone! pixiedust:

Mickey1122
01-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Quick question--should the writing on the cards be in all caps?? Please say no...

Praise2Him
01-27-2007, 09:08 AM
For mine I used the pre-stamped postcards from the Post Office. On the front I hand wrote the "To" address and used a mailing label for my return address. On the back I hand wrote the information, but not in all caps. Hope this helps!

UrsulasShadow
01-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Quick question--should the writing on the cards be in all caps?? Please say no...

NO.
There, are you happy?

I've won 2 sets of ears, and I wrote in my normal handwriting...not all caps. Address on front of card, my information sideways on back of card. I didn't bother with a return address label.

poohmadmum
01-27-2007, 10:49 AM
Well I'm from the UK and have been sending off postcards now and again both in my name and DD's. Today DD won the cloud dreams mickey ears so we're very happy today.:banana: :yay:

Mickey1122
01-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Thank you! I was worried about my first ten postcards.

I have been putting my name, address, city/state/zipcode+4, phone number, and birthday in the upper left hand corner. The To: Disney Dream Giveaway, P.O Box 8629, etc goes in the middle. This is acceptable, correct?
I didn't know that people were putting a return address on the front, along with the Elmhurst one, AND a separate bit on the back about personal information.
Help would be appreciated. :)

glass- slippers
01-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Thank you! I was worried about my first ten postcards.

I have been putting my name, address, city/state/zipcode+4, phone number, and birthday in the upper left hand corner. The To: Disney Dream Giveaway, P.O Box 8629, etc goes in the middle. This is acceptable, correct?
I didn't know that people were putting a return address on the front, along with the Elmhurst one, AND a separate bit on the back about personal information.
Help would be appreciated. :)

The return address goes in the upper left-hand corner. The Elmhurst address in the middle. On the back put all of your info.. Good luck!

Mickey1122
01-28-2007, 06:32 PM
What exactly do you mean by all of my info. I have been putting my phone number and birthday in the upper lefthand corner with the other stuff.
Sorry for all the questions.

glass- slippers
01-28-2007, 08:10 PM
What exactly do you mean by all of my info. I have been putting my phone number and birthday in the upper lefthand corner with the other stuff.
Sorry for all the questions.

Your name, address, phone number and birthdate all go on the back of the postcard.

wendygirl
01-29-2007, 11:10 PM
we won mouse ears and a lanyard/pins! I love Disney! and even better FREE Disney stuff!!!

UrsulasShadow
01-29-2007, 11:17 PM
Your name, address, phone number and birthdate all go on the back of the postcard.

I'm not sure it states anywhere that it must be done like this. Many of us have been doing it this way, but I'm sure there's some who are sending in postcards with pics on one side, which would mean that writing it like Mickey1122 has been doing would be the proper way to submit the entry.

I've been winning by putting the Elmhurst address on one side and my name/address/etc. on the reverse side. No return address label needed. Have there been any winners who have been sending in postcards addressed like Mickey1122, with all the info on ONE side of the postcard???? If I were to do it like this (say I had postcards with pictures), I would put the Elmhurst address on the right side of the card, under the postage, and the entry information on the left side, where you would write a personal message if you were to send an ordinary postcard (e.g."Having a wonderful time, wish you were here!").

JnEsWDWMom
01-30-2007, 09:10 AM
Just subscribing to keep up with people winning! It gives me the enthusiasm to write all these postcards. I'm not a winner.......yet?

Kristi1357
01-30-2007, 09:18 AM
When we returned from WDW a couple weeks ago, we had two packages from Disney waiting for us.

My DH won both the ears & the lanyard with the pins. Very cool! :thumbsup2
Keep sending those cards in!

Disneyglobegirl
01-30-2007, 10:30 AM
I just started filling out postcards to send in. I have the plain white prestamped postcards from the post office - they measure 3.5 x 5.5 . Are these ok or do I need to trim them to be 3.5 x 5?

Also is it one entry per address per day or one entry per person? I've been filling them out for both DS and DD but only been mailing one per day. Can I mail one for each of them per day?

Thanks!! I love reading what everyone has won!!

glass- slippers
01-30-2007, 03:11 PM
I'm not sure it states anywhere that it must be done like this. Many of us have been doing it this way, but I'm sure there's some who are sending in postcards with pics on one side, which would mean that writing it like Mickey1122 has been doing would be the proper way to submit the entry.

I've been winning by putting the Elmhurst address on one side and my name/address/etc. on the reverse side. No return address label needed. Have there been any winners who have been sending in postcards addressed like Mickey1122, with all the info on ONE side of the postcard???? If I were to do it like this (say I had postcards with pictures), I would put the Elmhurst address on the right side of the card, under the postage, and the entry information on the left side, where you would write a personal message if you were to send an ordinary postcard (e.g."Having a wonderful time, wish you were here!").

I went and looked at the official rules, and you are right it doesn't state that is the way to do it. I thought I had read somewhere that they were checking the return address to make sure it corresponded to the info. on the back:confused: Either way, I hope they get counted! :cool1:

Weluvdisny
01-30-2007, 03:59 PM
I've now gotten 2 of my postcards back. I did change mine to say To: and From: and I still got one back.

The postman said to turn the postcard 1/4 turn and write your info that way cuz the machine read my address and sent it back to me.

He told me to resend it with the lines from being mailed crossed out.

I can't tell how long it was that I sent it because there was no date on it and I've been sending one every day.

ggeorgiagirl
01-30-2007, 04:06 PM
Do you suppose the sweepstakes company sends out the winning prizes right after the 20th of the month? Then none until the next drawing the following month? I keep checking the mail everyday and it has become an obsession!

It is amazing that some have one mutiple times and some have won nothing...

LisaNJ25
01-30-2007, 06:30 PM
I just started filling out postcards to send in. I have the plain white prestamped postcards from the post office - they measure 3.5 x 5.5 . Are these ok or do I need to trim them to be 3.5 x 5?

Also is it one entry per address per day or one entry per person? I've been filling them out for both DS and DD but only been mailing one per day. Can I mail one for each of them per day?

Thanks!! I love reading what everyone has won!!

Its one per person per day.... I have been mailing out 6 per day.. one for each family member... I just ran out and ordered 40 more from the po

bzzelady
02-16-2007, 08:29 AM
My daughter won dream mouse ears yesterday...it appears as though the new round of mail in prizes is being shipped :banana:
She was so excited! Everything else we have won so far has come addressed to other members of the family.

willoughbyclan
02-16-2007, 09:04 AM
I WON!!!!!!:cool1:

Finally after sending (2) postcards every day for (2) mths and then backing down to (2) every other day, I finally won. I was sending in one for me and one for my mother.

We each won (2) ears. Would love to win the lanyard and pin set as well. Now I am going to sit back and wait on my "big" prize, THE DISNEY CRUISE.;)

calypso*a*go-go
02-16-2007, 12:18 PM
Hope we start seeing a lot more of these posts again!

Looks like we had almost a three week gap between the last winners and the latest ones...seems consistant with the drawing details listed in the contest rules.

Good luck to everyone waiting. :cheer2:

girlieeee
02-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Giveaway runs October 1, 2006 - December 31, 2007
(mail in entries postmarked starting September 18, 2006 & received by January 14, 2008 on 3.5 x 5 postcard with complete name, address, daytime phone#, birth date and proper postage sent to PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA).

Disclaimer here: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/index?name=YOMDDisclaimerPage&bhcp=1

Stitch's O'hana
02-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I hope and pray that they will draw my name this month! I just want to win 1 thing, is that to much to ask? LOL

Good Luck everyone!

cnids00
02-17-2007, 06:19 AM
We've been sending in postcards since the start and about a month ago my DD won Mickey Ears, then 3 days ago my DH and DD won ears and yesterday me and DD won ears, she's won 4 ears total and my DH and I one each = 6 Mickey Mouse Ears total :rotfl:

I'd love the DVC membership as we are thinking about it seriously now (buying into DVC that is) or a paid trip would be nice too, but then again we now are proud owners of 6 ears! And it's true that you can win more then once :)

rae662000
02-17-2007, 06:12 PM
okay I am waiting on the next batch of prizes

ELLE-TN
02-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Leaving for Disney on 4/1 Hoping to win ears for three children before we leave. We have been entering five cards a day for a while...nothing yet.

CindyandBrice
02-18-2007, 10:18 AM
Finally a winner here, too. I have been sending 1-2 cards a day since Oct. I picked up my prizes on Friday. I received 1 lanyard and 1 Mickey ears. Both came in my name. I have also been sending cards with my son's name. We are going to WDW on April 6 for a week. I really hope to meet the Dream Team on that trip!!!

bop28
02-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Are you notified by mail, phone, or email that you've won? :wave2:

Mickey1122
02-18-2007, 01:57 PM
How often do they draw winners? Presumably, they need time to mail and such. Did the people who won around now have their cards pulled a few weeks ago or today?

tinkgurl
02-18-2007, 11:59 PM
Are you notified by mail, phone, or email that you've won? :wave2:

My family has won two lanyards and a pair of Mickey ears. We weren't notified at all. The prizes were just sent to us with a card thanking us for entering and to "Keep on Dreaming".

ToriLammy
02-19-2007, 08:44 AM
How often do they draw winners? Presumably, they need time to mail and such. Did the people who won around now have their cards pulled a few weeks ago or today?

According to the rules they draw winners once a month around the 20th of the month. It then takes approximately 50-55 days for them to send the prize. People receiving prizes now probably had their names pulled in late Dec.

Mickey1122
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM
According to the rules they draw winners once a month around the 20th of the month. It then takes approximately 50-55 days for them to send the prize. People receiving prizes now probably had their names pulled in late Dec.

Wow, that's a long time to wait. Today is the 20th, so good luck to everybody!!

xbatman
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I received my prize today! Won a lanyard! We're not going until late Nov., so this was a great way to get excited about the trip again after having so much planned already and a 9 month :scared: wait!!

momof2disprincesses
02-20-2007, 07:04 PM
I won!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

We received a lanyard with 2 YOMD pins. It also came with the nice card that said "Keep on Dreaming." :grouphug:

I was home sick from work today and I actually was glad I was since the mail carrier rang the doorbell and I was so happy when she said "looks like you guys won something from Disney!" :cheer2:

If I hadn't been home sick, we would have had the card to pick up our package at the post office and it would have driven me absolutely crazy to wait and guess what it was.

It was actually dh who won, not me, so I'm still hoping (and dreaming :tinker: ).

We've been pretty faithful about sending in 2 cards per day (one for dh and one for me). We bought 100 pre-paid postcards total and we are almost out.

Here's wishing magic for everyone else!

tdmathews
02-20-2007, 08:12 PM
After sending who knows HOW many postcards, a package came for my wife from WDW today. Inside was a beautiful set of Mickey ears, but we were suprised to see that they say Disneyland Resorts, as opposed to Walt Disney World. Anyone else get these?

disneyfan61
02-20-2007, 09:02 PM
I won!!! Today was a really bad day at work, we were really busy & 2 girls called
in sick & then I got home & found out I won a lanyard & 2 pins.:banana: :banana:

Ilovemyprincesses
02-20-2007, 10:32 PM
Can you send postcards for children? I have a 3 yr old.

MAGICX2
02-21-2007, 12:37 AM
I won!!! :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

We received a lanyard with 2 YOMD pins. It also came with the nice card that said "Keep on Dreaming." :grouphug:

I was home sick from work today and I actually was glad I was since the mail carrier rang the doorbell and I was so happy when she said "looks like you guys won something from Disney!" :cheer2:

If I hadn't been home sick, we would have had the card to pick up our package at the post office and it would have driven me absolutely crazy to wait and guess what it was.

It was actually dh who won, not me, so I'm still hoping (and dreaming :tinker: ).

We've been pretty faithful about sending in 2 cards per day (one for dh and one for me). We bought 100 pre-paid postcards total and we are almost out.

Here's wishing magic for everyone else!
I know I have seen it asked other places, but did you trim down the prepaid postcards you bought from the PO? They are 3.5X5.5 and I know some have been concerned with it being the right size.
Also, did you put a title for the reciever (i.e-Disney Dreams Giveaway) or do you just address it:
PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA
with no one listed as the receipient?

lennon2004
02-21-2007, 07:53 AM
After sending who knows HOW many postcards, a package came for my wife from WDW today. Inside was a beautiful set of Mickey ears, but we were suprised to see that they say Disneyland Resorts, as opposed to Walt Disney World. Anyone else get these?

Yes, someone else won that too: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1362695

momof2disprincesses
02-22-2007, 10:32 PM
I know I have seen it asked other places, but did you trim down the prepaid postcards you bought from the PO? They are 3.5X5.5 and I know some have been concerned with it being the right size.
Also, did you put a title for the reciever (i.e-Disney Dreams Giveaway) or do you just address it:
PO Box 8629, Elmhurst, IL 60126 USA
with no one listed as the receipient?

No, we didn't trim down the pre-paid postcards. Just mailed them as they came.

We did put a title for the receiver - Disney Dreams Getaway

Also, we did the trick I learned here and turned the card sideways and put our info on the back, so it wouldn't get sent back to our home. :)

Actually what I did to make it easier was I bought 100 pre-paid postcards. Then I got address labels and made 100 of those for the TO: side and made 100 that said "Enter me in the sweepstakes (underlined) with name, address, phone & birthdate on the back.

We also bought a bunch of Disney stickers and put those on the back too. Just for fun! :flower3:

LisaNJ25
02-23-2007, 07:37 AM
No, we didn't trim down the pre-paid postcards. Just mailed them as they came.

We did put a title for the receiver - Disney Dreams Getaway

Also, we did the trick I learned here and turned the card sideways and put our info on the back, so it wouldn't get sent back to our home. :)

Actually what I did to make it easier was I bought 100 pre-paid postcards. Then I got address labels and made 100 of those for the TO: side and made 100 that said "Enter me in the sweepstakes (underlined) with name, address, phone & birthdate on the back.

We also bought a bunch of Disney stickers and put those on the back too. Just for fun! :flower3:

Have you won yet? I thought they had to be hand written?

FINFAN
02-23-2007, 09:16 AM
Yes, momof2disprincesses posted (#210) that she won lanyards..so her style of postcard is def acceptable!:thumbsup2

Pam

Mischa
02-23-2007, 10:19 AM
I've been making my own postcards. I bought postcard paper (by Avery) and printed photos on them. The photos are in black & white and are of us at Disney (not the best quality) but it's the right size! :rotfl:

So far we haven't won anything. I've been sending 2 a day (one for me & one for DH).

Congrats to all who have won.

Oh - question...what is the difference between the DisneyLAND ears and the WDW ears? Just wondering.

Good luck everyone!

ToriLammy
02-23-2007, 10:28 AM
Just the name on them, they look identical.

iluvepcot
02-23-2007, 11:59 AM
We won Mickey ears a month ago but the best was a lanyard after we returned from our trip. Keeping the magic going...after we got back.

willoughbyclan
02-23-2007, 01:20 PM
WON AGAIN!!!!!!!:thumbsup2 Last wk I won 2 ears and DM won 2 ears now this week I won one more ears. Grand total (5) prizes, still waiting on my cruise though;)

DaraAllen
02-23-2007, 01:31 PM
I posted this on the sticky up top because I hadn't seen this specific thread yet. Sorry for the double post!

So far our family has won the following:

Me: 2 pairs of Mickey Ears, 1 Disney Lanyard w/pins
DH: 1 pair of Mickey Ears
DS6: 2 pairs of Mickey Ears
DD9: 1 pair of Mickey Ears
DS13: 1 pair of Mickey Ears

I do not use post cards since I do not want our personal information out there for all to see. I put a 3x5 index card inside a #10 envelope. I use stickers for YOAMD address and our return address and hand write the index card. I usually send 1 envelope for each of the 5 members of our household, each day, although there have been several weeks' worth of gaps in between.

Really want that DVC membership, or one of the trips. Italy was my first choice but since that is gone already, I'll take whatever!

ELLE-TN
02-24-2007, 09:21 PM
Do You Mean That You Place Five Postcards In One Envie (one For Each Fam Member) And Mail Them All Together? Smart Woman If That Is What You Are Doing And It Is Definitely Working. I've Spent A Fortune In Postage. I Am Going To Start Doing This Also If I Am Understanding You Correctly.

Kristen'smom
02-24-2007, 09:59 PM
Can someone tell me when you when a prize do you have to sign for it? I recieved a slip that I have to sign for a letter at the post office and I have know idea what it could be?

ToriLammy
02-24-2007, 11:54 PM
Yes, Disney is sending all the prizes certified mail so you do have to sign for it. I just returned two signed slips to my postman to day, should get the packages on Monday - can't wait!

lailah
02-24-2007, 11:59 PM
I received a receipt also from the postman to pickup on Monday. Is there a way to figure out where it came from? All it has is a long number on it. No address or zip code.

DaraAllen
02-25-2007, 12:47 AM
Do You Mean That You Place Five Postcards In One Envie (one For Each Fam Member) And Mail Them All Together? Smart Woman If That Is What You Are Doing And It Is Definitely Working. I've Spent A Fortune In Postage. I Am Going To Start Doing This Also If I Am Understanding You Correctly.

No, Elle-Tn! I am sending five envelopes, one card in each envelope. The rules specifically state that you have to do this. I hope I did not mislead you!

Weluvdisny
02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
I got SO EXCITED last week cuz I got a slip from the post office that I had a package I had to come in and sign for. I thought for sure it was a Disney prize!! Then I saw that it came from Malaysia and realized it was something I won on e-bay. :confused3 So close, and yet so far.....

I haven't gotten any postcards back since I turned them sideways and write my info like my postman said. I also put disney stickers on them and take a highlighter and go around the outside edge of both sides. I've been sending them in since the beginning of January and haven't won yet.

i just want a lanyard. Or some Mickey ears. Or maybe the Vacation Club prize.

Winners can you send some pixie dust my way?? pixiedust:

Mickey1122
02-26-2007, 04:01 PM
One more question--are you allowed o type out the wriing on the card? I have been handwriting all of the information, and it seems like I would save a lot of time by typing out labels.

CMR81
02-26-2007, 04:30 PM
I won a lanyard with pins! Seriously, you would have thought I won the trip around the world with how happy I was. I've been sending 1 postcard a day since December.

I typed the whole thing, and did not turn the postcard before typing my information on the back. I haven't had any trouble or returned cards, so something's working right!

Fingers crossed for one of the big prizes, but I'm happy with the lanyard, too!

:wizard: :cheer2: pirate: :thumbsup2

calypso*a*go-go
02-26-2007, 04:47 PM
I typed the whole thing, and did not turn the postcard before typing my information on the back. I haven't had any trouble or returned cards, so something's working right!

Okay...more confirmation that the postcards don't have to be handwritten. I'm dumping my pen and getting out the address labels!

SerinaEmily
02-27-2007, 04:16 PM
I just got a message today I had to return from Debbie from the DreamTeam .. I about passed out waiting for her to introduce herself and get to the part about what I won lol
I won a lanyard and pins set.. so cool.
Had to answer a skill-testing question because I'm in Canada .. very easy though.
I had given up on the postcards .. found it hard to get to a mailbox often .. I did send out about 10 of them up until a month ago. I used 3x5 index cards that came in a spiral notepad and I tore out .. put address on one side and my info on the other with a princess sticker .. that seemed to do the trick!
Very exciting to hear from them at all!

BMEngineer
03-01-2007, 10:41 AM
I've been sending postcards for about a month now for me and DF. We have not won anything yet but I am hoping to get a pair of Mickey Ears before our magical trip in mid may.:wizard:

snoopywoodstockus
03-01-2007, 01:50 PM
DW and I have been using computer labels for ours.

That coupled with pre-postage cards from the post office make it a snap to get them ready.

To date we have won 3 pin lanyard sets. Sending them in 1 in each of our names daily since October.

Good luck to all, but stay away from the DVC prize. IT IS MINE (insert maniacal laughter here). :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

charl
03-02-2007, 02:00 AM
ive not won anything yet, send loads of postcards in for me,dh and ds's but no joy. never mind i will still send them in:)

ekball
03-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Anyone know when the next drawing will be? Just curious how often & when they draw the lucky winners...

Fingers crossed...

lennon2004
03-09-2007, 02:22 PM
Anyone know when the next drawing will be? Just curious how often & when they draw the lucky winners...

Fingers crossed...

I think it's the 20th of every month.

FINFAN
03-09-2007, 05:14 PM
DaraAllen....While thrilled for your winnings....It's bumming me out, man!
ONCE....JUST ONCE! It's all I'm asking. I'll put the lanyard around both kids and DH's neck ( easier to keep track of them that way ;)
We can rotate who gets the ears....
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
LET ONE OF OUR CARDS BE CHOSEN BEFORE YOAMD is over!!!!!!

Pam

tjmw2727
03-09-2007, 07:34 PM
I had a few packages of postage paid postcards from the post office and sent in a couple months worth to the YOMD contest. Then I ran out - I was worried that the post office post cards were too big so I purchased 3x5 cards from staples and I have been using them.

Just this week they started coming back from the post office as "Non-Mailable due to size, minimum size is 3 1/2 x 5" - blech. So far three days worth of mailings for the the 4 of us have come back - what a waste of time and postage.

So, do you think I can just put them in an envelope now - one in each?

Has anyone won with a 3 1/2 x 5 card?

Has anyone won with pre-printed information rather than hand written?

Thanks from frustrated and slightly dissapointed me :confused3

TJ

calypso*a*go-go
03-09-2007, 10:48 PM
There have been several replies indicating people have won with postcards different than the size in the official rules, postcards that have been placed in envelopes for mailing, and with printed address labels. My guess is there have been so many postcards received that there's just no way for the company handling the contest to police everything. There have also been people that reported winning after mailing more than one entry per day.

There are rules...yet there seems to be no rules!

charl
03-10-2007, 04:24 AM
ive not won yet and ive sent about 30 postcards :(
was hoping id get a lanyard

xbatman
03-10-2007, 09:20 AM
[QUOTE=tjmw2727;17471986]I had a few packages of postage paid postcards from the post office and sent in a couple months worth to the YOMD contest. Then I ran out - I was worried that the post office post cards were too big so I purchased 3x5 cards from staples and I have been using them.

Yes, along with other posters, I won with a postcard from the post office. Since we drop our outgoing mail at the post office, I usually only remember every couple of days, but it still worked!

nts4wdw
03-15-2007, 12:58 PM
subscribing so hopefully I can post that I won someday.

lailah
03-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I made mine from cardstock. Cut them to size, filled out the front and back and mailed them in. Sent in 5 each for the 4 of us in January. My Granddaughter got a notice in the mail today to pick up a register letter/package at the postoffice from Walt Disney. So nothing special, but it worked!

cnids00
03-17-2007, 05:36 AM
After have had won 6 Mickey Ear hats, I got a notice yesterday to pick up a package at the postoffice, another pair of ears :rotfl: Now all we need is one more and we will be able to outfit the whole famdamily on our trip in September....;)

lailah
03-18-2007, 09:31 AM
Granddaughter won the lanyard/pin set. I hope we get some Mickey ears! We are going down in May, so maybe the Disney Dream Team will bestow some on us!!! :tink:

momof2disprincesses
03-25-2007, 07:05 PM
DH won the lanyard set a few months ago and now I just won the ears. :)

We've been mailing in the pre-paid postcards purchased from the post office daily now.

iluvepcot
03-26-2007, 04:21 PM
Has anyone won anything besides ears and pins and lanyards by mail????

calypso*a*go-go
03-26-2007, 08:34 PM
As a very recent graduate from the Loser's Academy, I am proud to report that I received the lanyard/pin set in the mail today. It said Disneyland on it, but was mailed from Florida. I won using the prestamped postcards. Also, I switched from handwritten entries to computer labels but it's too soon for me to know for sure which one would have been picked.

Good Luck Everyone!!! :grouphug: