PDA

View Full Version : Can someone explain Photopass to me?

zandjmom
11-18-2006, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure what this is and if I'll want to use it but it might be great and I don't want to miss out!!!

got2travel
11-18-2006, 09:44 PM
Throughout the park there will be Disney photographers taking your picture. For your first one, they will hand you a credit card type of pass. Each time you have a photo taken, give the photographer the card. They will swipe it and your photos will be all grouped together. In the past you would get a piece of paper that you would have to turn in at the photo center to see your photo. Now you can just carry around the one card instead of a bunch of slips of paper. Also, you can view your photos at home online and order prints. You can add text and borders to the photos. And if you'd like you can purchase a CD with all the photos taken instead of buying them individually. Ride photos are not included though.

LOVEDISNEYLAND
11-19-2006, 01:26 AM
Throughout the park there will be Disney photographers taking your picture. For your first one, they will hand you a credit card type of pass. Each time you have a photo taken, give the photographer the card. They will swipe it and your photos will be all grouped together. In the past you would get a piece of paper that you would have to turn in at the photo center to see your photo. Now you can just carry around the one card instead of a bunch of slips of paper. Also, you can view your photos at home online and order prints. You can add text and borders to the photos. And if you'd like you can purchase a CD with all the photos taken instead of buying them individually. Ride photos are not included though.

How much is the CD? :confused3

misscampbells
11-19-2006, 07:13 AM
The Cd costs $99 and you receive full copyright release, but will not recieve all the little disney icons that you can have added to your pics. If you want the icons on the pics, you have to purchase those pics seperately. Go to https://disneyphotopass.go.com/DPI/0/0/.TOP.System.Login.Welcome.aspx?sub=877787

Hope that helps,
Kathy

Mortimer Mouse
11-19-2006, 11:11 AM
How long will the photos stay online to view? and can you use the same photopass card on return trips?
Thanks

lucky1
11-19-2006, 03:55 PM
How long will the photos stay online to view? and can you use the same photopass card on return trips?
Thanks

At WDW they are online for 30 days after your visit. Most times they have been online for up to 3 months after the visit. With the WDW photopass you could use the same card for multi visit, I would assume the same is for DLR.

Does anyone know if you use your WDW photopass card at DL and if they are the same system?

zandjmom
11-19-2006, 04:30 PM
Are the picture prices the same online as if you got them at at DL?

Niele
11-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Wow, this sounds really cool. Where is the "photo center", please?

Twinprincesses
11-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Photopass at WDW is great. It is $99 for as many pic as you can cram on a CD. We did not see enough Photopass people to feel the $99 was worth a CD but I am sure they will be getting more and more people out there at DL.

lucky1
11-21-2006, 11:44 AM
Are the picture prices the same online as if you got them at at DL?

Yes, but you do have to pay shipping.

kelmac284
11-21-2006, 01:53 PM
We just got back and used this and it worked well. THere were a few glitches but I was pleased with our pics. I have another thread on here with copies of my pics to give you an idea of the borders you can add and also the christmas cards you can have made. (Mine is actually from our trip to DW last year).

The 5x7 was 12.95 each and for 3 pics it cost me 2.49 for shipping. To me it was WELL worth the cost of shipping to be able to look at them at home at my leisure, add the borders I wanted and have them come to me without getting wrinkled or bent.