PDA

View Full Version : Any reviews of Best Western Park Place Inn & Mini Suites?

dudspizza
11-17-2006, 07:42 PM
This hotel is directly across the street from the main pedestrian entrance to Disneyland. I am pricing it out at $89/night in June for a standard room. The pictures and virtual tour look decent.... is there any reason I should not book this hotel....

Reviews and comments please.

Thanks.

Duds

kuusimo
11-18-2006, 03:59 PM
There are a lot of review for that hotel on the Disneyland boards. Also tripadvisor has quite a few as well. Since it is the closest hotel to Disneyland (if you stay towards the front of the hotel) next to GC, that is many people's first choice.

We stayed there two years ago and it was a place to sleep. Nothing fancy, but most of the hotels on Harbor are that way. It does come with a continental breakfast as well. Parking is an issue with all the hotels there. They also have a small pool and laundry facilities.

godalejunior
11-18-2006, 04:27 PM
I posted looking or info. between HOJO and BWPPI. So far HOJO is winning by quite a bit in regards to quality, room and pool area. BWPPI is basically a place to sleep from what I have learned and yes, it is 5 min. closer to DL.

TeacherDad
11-18-2006, 05:40 PM
The BWPPI is easily 10 minutes closer than HOJO.

mommy2allyandaveri
11-18-2006, 09:10 PM
We stayed there 3 trips ago, it was fine. Didn't have any problems, very clean. Breakfast was very limited but it was something.

CindyH
11-20-2006, 10:14 AM
I am pricing it out at $89/night in June for a standard room.

I looked on their website and could only see $98 per night. Please share!

We've stayed at the BWPPI 3 times in the last 3 years. No problems at all with checkin, staff, rooms, parking, etc. It's definitely no frills, but it works for us. :thumbsup2

bambigirl88
11-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I posted looking or info. between HOJO and BWPPI. So far HOJO is winning by quite a bit in regards to quality, room and pool area. BWPPI is basically a place to sleep from what I have learned and yes, it is 5 min. closer to DL.

If you are considering HoJo, I read somewhere that they do not offer free breakfast. Something to consider... :coffee:

Shakthi
11-20-2006, 06:27 PM
We stayed at the HoJO Dec. last year. Besides NOT having breakfast, it is a pretty good walk away after a long day at the park, especially if you have children and need to take a break before coming back for the night parade and fireworks. Otherwise it was OK, a little more expensive than the others, at least when we priced.

Tiggernut_jadie
11-21-2006, 02:26 PM
We stayed at the BWPPI from the 11th-15th November (just over a week ago!) and it was fine! The room we had had a king-sized bed and a fold out sofa which was just right for us. We were two rooms away from the pool - which was a bit cold for me but the hot-tub was very welcome after a day at the parks! Location is fantastic - it's closer to the parks than any other hotel in the area (including the DLR ones!) and it took less than 5 mins to walk from our room to the top end of Main St! Fantastic!

The rooms were spotlessly clean (there had been a mention about bedbugs on here a couple of months ago - but if they were there then, they've gone now!) My only 'complaint' is that the lighting was poor, but this seems to be a common problem in US hotels as the rooms we had in Monterey, Mariposa and Yosemite were also very dark! The breakfast was a bit so-so...to be honest we only had it the one day and went to the IHOP next door the rest of the time.

I would recommend it to anyone - it's definatly no-frills but the location makes it very good value for money! :thumbsup2