PDA

View Full Version : How crowded is DL now? Is it worth going for 1 day? Plus other ?????

roliepolieoliefan
11-17-2006, 12:54 PM
DH is going to LA for a business trip for only 3 days. I may go with him and of course we'll have to go to DL.

Is it worth it for 1 day? How's the weather out there now? Will it be crowded? How far of a drive from LAX?

Albort
11-17-2006, 01:17 PM
DH is going to LA for a business trip for only 3 days. I may go with him and of course we'll have to go to DL.

Is it worth it for 1 day? How's the weather out there now? Will it be crowded? How far of a drive from LAX?

Heck yea!
Weather varies... its hot today... was cold yesterday...
Its crowded EVERYDAY!!!!
about 1hr-1hr30min depending on how fast you drive and how much traffic you hit.

eatmypixiedust
11-17-2006, 01:18 PM
It's best to go to DL in the early morning (try to get there at least 30-60 minutes before the park opens). It's usually pretty quiet in the morning on Monday~Friday. Friday nights tend to be busy because everyone is off of work and ready for the weekend. Weekends have been pretty packed recently. I think it's because most guests want to see the Xmas decorations and see the Haunted Mansion (Nightmare Before Christmas theme) and also because of the Year of a Million Dreams celebration. Use the fastpass machines to get on the rides you want. It really helps! :thumbsup2

Tasmen
11-17-2006, 01:51 PM
This size of the crowd really depends on which day of the week and what time of the day you head there. I was there a couple weeks ago on a Friday and a Saturday. Both Friday and Saturday morning at opening were relatively empty. We walked onto everything we wanted to ride and got fastpasses to return some rides later.

Saturday did get more crowded as the day progressed. Friday, however, was pretty nice throughout the day.

If at all possible, though, I would try to plan your one day trip sometime between Tuesday and Thursday.

Disney Dreams
11-17-2006, 02:15 PM
Heck yea!
Weather varies... its hot today... was cold yesterday...

... and "cold" for Southern California means 70s during the day. :) yeah, we know...

Dizneydaz
11-17-2006, 02:32 PM
When are you thinking of going? Yes, right now it's hotter during the day than normal and will be for the next 5 days or so. 80+. Also, DL will be open 'til midnight starting today (Friday 11/17) and until Sat. Nov. 26th. They are also opening at 8 a.m. during that same time. I was checking the schedule for a day trip on Wed., the 22nd and saw this. I'm assuming this means they expect some high crowd levels. Still, it'll be less crowded than during the period right before Christmas. The schools in this area are in session until Dec. 22nd but some other school districts may be getting out earlier.

I say go for it!

roliepolieoliefan
11-17-2006, 02:38 PM
We would probably go to DL on Tuesday Nov 21. The business trip is Monday-Wednesday of next week.

So the same strategy applies for DL as WDW?

My mom is out of town and I'm waiting for her to call me back to see if she'll watch the kids. We can't take them because of the nature of the trip and because we pulled DS out of school for 8 days in September for a WDW trip.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Dizneydaz
11-17-2006, 04:12 PM
Tuesday should be a good day. Have fun. Hope your mom can watch the kids. :goodvibes

wendypooh22
11-17-2006, 05:45 PM
How cool... Even just 1 day is great! :banana: You'll be at Disneyland!!! :banana: