PDA

View Full Version : BWPPI or HOJO

godalejunior
11-16-2006, 10:31 PM
Ok, I need help. Which one would you stay at and why? How much further is the walk?

TeacherDad
11-16-2006, 11:03 PM
Add 10 minutes to your walk if you stay at HOJO

disney-super-mom
11-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Oh boy, that's a bit of a tuffy for me.

The truth is:

HOJO is just nicer than BWPPI. HOJO is brighter, rooms are bright and spacious, grounds are pretty, and the pools are so much nicer.

BWPPI is CLOSER! Now, in all reality it's only about 5 minutes closer than HOJO, but after a long day in the parks with sore feet, aching legs, and tired kids, 5 minutes may be a big deal to you.

Both have clean rooms, so whichever you choose, you know you'll have a clean place to rest your head at night. :thumbsup2

HydroGuy
11-17-2006, 10:10 AM
Oh boy, that's a bit of a tuffy for me.

The truth is:

HOJO is just nicer than BWPPI. HOJO is brighter, rooms are bright and spacious, grounds are pretty, and the pools are so much nicer.

BWPPI is CLOSER! Now, in all reality it's only about 5 minutes closer than HOJO, but after a long day in the parks with sore feet, aching legs, and tired kids, 5 minutes may be a big deal to you.

Both have clean rooms, so whichever you choose, you know you'll have a clean place to rest your head at night. :thumbsup2I have stayed at both and agree with all of this. One thing to add to the 5 minute longer walk, is that HOJOs is bigger and while it may take 5 minutes longer from the front of the hotel, you may spend close to 5 minutes just getting from your room to the front of HOJOs. So I would say it is an extra 10 minutes - each way. I would also say that when we stayed at HOJOs, we took a break every day and the extra walking took its toll. If 10 minutes is the right number, that is 40 extra minutes of walking each day (back and forth twice). We stayed at BWPPI last year and, for me, the BWPPI location trumps the nicer HOJO hotel. If I were to go in off-season when the weather is cooler, the park hours shorter, and the need for a hotel break is lesser, then HOJOs might be my first choice again.

got2travel
11-17-2006, 11:22 AM
I agree with what others have posted. I will also add that BWPPI has a free breakfast. Its not much, typical danish, muffins, coffee type of deal or they let you choose pancakes at the adjacent restaurant. But even though the breakfast may not be much, it's usually enough to hold us over until an early lunch.

Even though I don't have any complaints about the HoJo, I never stay there unless I can't get one of the Harbor hotels at a decent rate.

disney-super-mom
11-17-2006, 12:18 PM
I have stayed at both and agree with all of this. One thing to add to the 5 minute longer walk, is that HOJOs is bigger and while it may take 5 minutes longer from the front of the hotel, you may spend close to 5 minutes just getting from your room to the front of HOJOs.

Yes, I totally agree with that. I didn't really think about room location, but when we were there, our room was close to the front (in the tallest building, where the gift shop and the game room is located). But, I can see that if you were in one of the buildings in the back, it could certainly add another 5 minutes of walking to get to your room. ::yes::

Hollyster2
11-17-2006, 03:46 PM
BWPPI has renovated all of their rooms in the last year! I was pleasantly surprised when I visited in October, and liked the improvements so much we stayed there over Veteran's Day! They re-did their countertops in Granite, and the furniture is in a Bamboo type theme. They even had granite on the lower wall dividing the sofa from the beds! We have stayed there over the years and this is the nicest it has ever looked. The rooms are a good size too, and the shower heads are great and the shower curtain rods bow outward, so the shower feels extra roomy. You can't beat the short walk to the parks also, and Captain Kidds restaraunt is pirate themed and my kids really enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

thunderbird1
11-17-2006, 04:01 PM
BWPPI has renovated all of their rooms in the last year! I was pleasantly surprised when I visited in October, and liked the improvements so much we stayed there over Veteran's Day! They re-did their countertops in Granite, and the furniture is in a Bamboo type theme. They even had granite on the lower wall dividing the sofa from the beds! We have stayed there over the years and this is the nicest it has ever looked. The rooms are a good size too, and the shower heads are great and the shower curtain rods bow outward, so the shower feels extra roomy. You can't beat the short walk to the parks also, and Captain Kidds restaraunt is pirate themed and my kids really enjoyed it. :thumbsup2

I'm glad to hear this! We choose the BWPPI solely because of its location, but were expecting the hotel to be a little more, shall we say, "antique." I think I'll keep the renovations a secret, and surprise the rest of the family. Is Captain Kidd's the restaurant next door that has the free pancakes for breakfast? We, like everyone else these days, just can't get enough pirates! Only one month to go!

samkj
11-17-2006, 04:31 PM
BWPPI for location! We make as many as 2-3 trips to our room during the day (DD has health problems) so we go with the closest hotel possible.

disney-super-mom
11-17-2006, 05:25 PM
BWPPI has renovated all of their rooms in the last year! I was pleasantly surprised when I visited in October, and liked the improvements so much we stayed there over Veteran's Day! They re-did their countertops in Granite, and the furniture is in a Bamboo type theme. They even had granite on the lower wall dividing the sofa from the beds! We have stayed there over the years and this is the nicest it has ever looked. The rooms are a good size too, and the shower heads are great and the shower curtain rods bow outward, so the shower feels extra roomy.:thumbsup2

Our room already had all those things (granite counters, bamboo furniture, and curved shower rod) when we stayed there in December 2005. I didn't mind the decor and actually thought it looked nice. But our room had dark carpeting and dark curtains, which made the whole room seem dark. But, as I said, the rooms are clean and the location is excellent. Just bring a flashlight and you're all set (kidding). :rotfl:

junglejoy
11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
We have stayed at both and would hands-down choose HoJo's over BWPPI. BW wasn't bad or anything, just dark rooms, horrible parking, gross pool, yucky laundry facilities plus our socks were filthy from the carpets and the tub didn't drain. GROSS! And the internet connections worked when it felt like it. But it really wasn't as bad as it sounds and the location is fantastic.

At HoJo's we've had ants, but they immdiately moved us and that's it for problems. The rooms are much larger, lighter and cleaner. Parking is plentiful, the pool is fabulous and the internet connection is FAST and wonderful! And completely free! It's free at BWPPI, but you have to be in a room that has it and there aren't many. Also, you can see the fireworks from the pool and the parking lot at HoJos (and some of the rooms). We went out everynight and watched them - fun, fun, fun.

The walk for us doesn't matter because we don't walk back for naps. We walk to the parks, run around all day and return. If you're going back for naps I would pick location, otherwise, HoJo's - unless it's more expensive. It's not worth paying much more than BWPPI. But price being equal, I wouldn't even consider BWPPI.

Hollyster2
11-17-2006, 09:18 PM
I don't know about the free pancakes at Captain Kidds. We ate dinner there one night, and went upstairs a few times for the continental breakfast. I have stayed at the BWPPI a dozen times, and HoJo's only once about a year ago. I must have got a bum room at HoJo's. I got a great rate, but the room was really really shabby. I have heard great things about it, so would consider it again because it was comfortable enough for the rate. I absolutely love the Sheraton, but we really enjoy the short walk to the park gates from the hotel. It is very easy to go back to the room to rest (we don't usually do that though). New Year's Eve it is extremely convienient when it is such a late night and you don't have far to go. We will only stay there or on property when we stay over New Year's. We had to walk all the way back to the parking lot one year because they discontinue the shuttles and it was freezing cold!