PDA

View Full Version : Best transportation option for 6 from John Wayne?

zandjmom
11-14-2006, 07:13 PM
I've heard of Prime Time and the cost looks to be about $47 each way for up to 7 people. Does this sound about right? Are there any others I should check into?

mystic_path
11-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Are you renting a car, or just taking a shuttle? Cause if your just shuttling it, then DEFINATELY go "Supershuttle". Its only $10 per person to the hotel from the air port, or from the hotel back to the air port. Really cheap, and you can all ride together.

But you could also look into "Alamo". They might also cars to rent.

Alex2kMommy
11-14-2006, 08:41 PM
I've read that if you have 3 or more people, the most cost effective transportation is a cab (I think they have minivans for larger families), that it winds up costing less than a shuttle. Something to look into!

mystic_path
11-14-2006, 08:42 PM
I've read that if you have 3 or more people, the most cost effective transportation is a cab (I think they have minivans for larger families), that it winds up costing less than a shuttle. Something to look into!

:goodvibes I never thought of that. So smart. Im not sure why that hasnt crossed my mind, but thats really good advice.

zandjmom
11-14-2006, 09:30 PM
I don't think 6 of us could fit into a cab or even a minivan with our luggage. I believe Prime Time has a larger van that could accommodate us. I just don't know if their rate of $47 is the best deal or if they are reliable. The shuttle would be very expensive at $60 each way.

Has anyone used PrimeTime or knowof another service with a large van that is reliable?

disney-super-mom
11-14-2006, 10:08 PM
$47 is a GREAT DEAL! You won't find anything better than that for sure! A taxi van would cost about the same, plus tip.

I would just make sure that Prime Time's van is larger than a regular taxi van to accomodate the six of you and your luggage. If it's the same size van, then Super Shuttle would be your most reliable option to get all of you and your luggage to DL. Even $60 is a pretty good rate - after all it's only a $13.00 difference (for six people even!). :thumbsup2

Have a WONDERFUL time! :sunny:

brandonbr
11-15-2006, 12:05 PM
I'd recommend looking into a cab. We had 4 adults and a 2 year old in a car seat and the cabs worked well. From the airport we had a mini van cab which fit 5 people. On the way to the airport we had a larger van that fit 6 people. The 6 passenger vans are probably harder to find but before guest services at PP could get DCH on the line to send a cab over, the 6 passenger van came around looking for a fare and we hopped in. Plenty of room for 5 suitcases, stroller and other items.

Captjackson
11-15-2006, 07:40 PM
We used Prime Time yesterday on our way home. (We were flying out of ONT.) They picked us up exactly on time and got us to ONT about 10 minutes earlier than they estimated. It was $75 for a private van. I reserved it online and it was about $20 less than Super Shuttle. It was not a minivan, there was seating for 9 plus driver. I give them a :thumbsup2 based on our own experience.