PDA

View Full Version : What month would you suggest a visit?

Banana magic
11-14-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi. :wave2: I am a frequent visitor to Disney World, but have not been to Disneyland for a very long time (since I was 6). We are thinking of bringing our kids (DD8 and DS6 at the time) next year. We are bidding my DH's vacation time, so was wondering what month/time you would choose - late Sept, early Oct, or early Nov? Any suggestions on why or why not would be greatly appreciated. :)

iceskatejen
11-14-2006, 09:53 AM
Here are the typical ride refurb schedules for those times:

Last Sept:
Haunted Mansion to get it's holiday overlay
Matterhorn (always down at least after Labor Day-at least mid Nov, this year Mid Dec)

Early Oct:
It's a Small World (holiday overlay) This typically goes down by the second or third weekend of the month
Matterhorn

Early Nov:
It's a small world Doesn't open until Veterans Day weekend
Matterhorn

Crowd Patterns:

Late Sept--pretty quiet but park hours are shorter and there are fewer shows.

Early Oct--Crowds increase (by quite a bit), longer park hours and more shows/parades

Early Nov--First weekend is a good time crowd and park hours wise--crowds are managable and park hours are the same as Oct. Avoid Veterans Day weekend--the last 2 years the park gates had to be closed by mid-day both Friday and Saturday. Crowds were huge.

darph nader
11-14-2006, 11:08 AM
We try and do late May (school's out here,not Cal.) or early-late Sept. Of course now that my sons are out of school it's pretty much a moot point. Our grandkiddos wont be in school for a few years yet,but my dw and vacations fall during the summer months. One of these years we have GOT to go to D/L around Christmas time,my dd has been and says it is SOOO cool. :thumbsup2

stampinshauna
11-14-2006, 11:17 AM
Late September is great--we've gone two years in a row. They started doing Mickey's Halloweentime this year, which doesn't start until the very end of September, so if you want to go to that, maybe go end of September-early October.

Albort
11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
hmm... Last September, but no on a Fri-Mon... any other day would be great.