PDA

View Full Version : Mac and Cheese

JanetRose
11-14-2006, 07:02 AM
Is it the same recipe all over Disneyland? Where can I get the best tasting? Thanks.

iceskatejen
11-14-2006, 08:43 AM
I've only seen it on kids meals and the portion is tiny, maybe about 1/4 of a cup. Never tried it.

stampinshauna
11-14-2006, 10:25 AM
I think it is the same recipe, but I'm not positive. I've had it at the Dinner Buffet at Storytellers Cafe and it is yummy!

Albort
11-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Shuld be all the same... For in park, i know they have some at the French Market.

eatmypixiedust
11-14-2006, 12:41 PM
I think it is the same recipe, but I'm not positive. I've had it at the Dinner Buffet at Storytellers Cafe and it is yummy!

I agree! The one at Storyteller's is good! I think I had it at Goofy's Kitchen too and it tasted the same. :goodvibes

wishonstars
11-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I think at Ariel's Grotto they put goldfish in it, and a cool hot dog octopus on the top... so that's "different"!

Alex2kMommy
11-14-2006, 03:47 PM
My boys ate it several times during our 8-day stay. I think there was one place that it looked exactly like Kraft brand, but at most places it looked like a thicker, creamier cheddar sauce, with bigger, thicker elbow macaroni.

And I was thinking it was at Goofy's Kitchen that the pasta was Goofy or Mickey shapes? No?

eatmypixiedust
11-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Great now I've got the blue box blues! I want some mac n' cheese! :teeth:

Misskitty3
11-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Carnation Cafe serves Mac & Cheese.

PrincessSitka
11-14-2006, 10:46 PM
JanetRose has happy feet. Cute movie well it looks like it would be

Alex2kMommy
11-15-2006, 12:39 AM
Did you see Build-A-Bear is getting the little penguin (and a few of his friends)? And conveniently in time for Christmas! He has a little glowing heart inside, too. Very cute.

eatmypixiedust
11-15-2006, 12:18 PM
Did you see Build-A-Bear is getting the little penguin (and a few of his friends)? And conveniently in time for Christmas! He has a little glowing heart inside, too. Very cute.

I saw those at my local Build-A-Bear! It's to promote the movie Happy Feet and they have different kinds of penguins. I think they look cute :goodvibes

Shakthi
11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
I think at Ariel's Grotto they put goldfish in it, and a cool hot dog octopus on the top... so that's "different"!

Hi, there, guys. Newbie here. I'm so glad I found this thread. After checking the boards for tips, we went to DL 2 weeks ago and tried to locate Ariel's Grotto because Mac & Cheese is one of the few things our 3-year-old will eat. After going back and forth, we were told there is no such a place. Some people even directed us to the spot where Ariel (character) poses for pictures but knew nothing about a restaurant-sort of place. After frustrated and unsuccessful attempts to find Mac&Cheese in the park, we had to resort to the boxed one served at Denny's out on S. Harbour Dr.. So thanks again, guys. Will write down all the tips I found here and check everything out during our X-mas visit. We sure still have a lot to learn about DL. BTW, Where is Goofy's Kitchen?

wendypooh22
11-15-2006, 04:42 PM
Hi... Oh, they should have told you that Ariel's Grotto is at DCA.... Goofy's Kitchen is at the DLH..

I am glad that this thread came up too... My kids love Mac & Cheese... Let's see how they like the Disney version.... :Pinkbounc

If you are going in December and want to go to Ariel's Grotto &/or Goofy's Kitchen, call ahead for priority seating reservations..

Shakthi
11-15-2006, 04:46 PM
Thank you so much. No wonder I couldn't find it.

Alex2kMommy
11-15-2006, 05:18 PM
I also thought the name of the area where Ariel greets guests was called Ariel's Grotto (like Snow White's Grotto nearby.) However, it is actually called Triton Gardens!

The restaurant in DCA to meet princesses is called Ariel's Grotto.

eatmypixiedust
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I also thought the name of the area where Ariel greets guests was called Ariel's Grotto (like Snow White's Grotto nearby.) However, it is actually called Triton Gardens!

The restaurant in DCA to meet princesses is called Ariel's Grotto.

I never knew that either. Triton Gardens? They should call it Triton's Oasis. :Pinkbounc