PDA

View Full Version : Week of Dec 18-21 Attendance

keenanknight
11-13-2006, 07:57 PM
Hi all. First time to the land in about 15 years. we are going during the week of december 18-21 those particular days. m-th. they are open till midnight i believe which means bigger crowds but compared to the actual week of christmas hwo big will the crowds be? Anyone been during this time? Thanks, Keenan

Niele
11-14-2006, 02:09 PM
Never been at that time. We went during July 4th holiday and it was not too bad, better over at DCA when DL got crowded during the day. We'll be there this year from Dec. 18-23rd. I know it will be really busy but I hope that most folks will be doing last minute shopping during that week. At least it will be great decorations and holiday cheer!

keenanknight
11-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Thanks Niele,

Were hoping it isnt busy to. It's our honeymoon trip so we'd like to be able to relax.

Anyone else who has been during that time? Would going in the early evening be busy?

Thanks,

Keenan

stampinshauna
11-15-2006, 10:42 AM
There's another thread on this forum that talks about when CA schools are out, and it looks like most aren't out until the later part of the week--which is good news for those of us who will be in DL. Hopefully it won't be too crowded, the extended hours make me nervous.

minnietoo
11-15-2006, 10:55 AM
There's another thread on this forum that talks about when CA schools are out, and it looks like most aren't out until the later part of the week--which is good news for those of us who will be in DL. Hopefully it won't be too crowded, the extended hours make me nervous.

Crowds at DL are not just from CA residents - people travel (as many of you do). Some of the busiest times are when visiting sports teams play in the Rose Bowl games - two teams with their families and extended familes - and fans can really pack the place. Many of you also say that the cheerleading conventions pack out the park. THese are just two examples of travelers directly contributing to the increased crowds. I would suggest that you judge the crowds by looking at the hours of the park - extended hours=expected crowds.

disney-super-mom
11-15-2006, 04:05 PM
I just checked hotels on Expedia for those dates, and there's LOTS & LOTS of available rooms throughout the Disneyland area, even at the favorites like HOJO, BWPPI and Carousel Inn, so at this time I would predict that crowds for Dec. 18-22 should be very managable for anyone who's going. :thumbsup2