PDA

View Full Version : Best neighboring hotel for a group of 100 teens?

dlamis
11-13-2006, 03:26 PM
I am planning a Youth Group trip in summer of 2007 for over 100 teens. What is a good, inexpensive hotel to stay at? We would prefer indoor hallway room entrance, a decent continental breakfast and a private shuttle if possible. If no shuttle, then use of the ART or within walking distance.
Thanks!
Daniella

Albort
11-13-2006, 03:38 PM
hmm... thats around 25 rooms... i suggest you call them all... mainly cuz with that many people, each hotel has their own group rate discount...

Tasmen
11-13-2006, 03:45 PM
You could try the Hampton Inn & Suites. I believe you can take ART from there (when I stayed there, they had a shuttle but I believe that is a thing of the past now). It's on Harbor Blvd about 5 minutes from the parks (driving not walking). Embassy Suites is right next door, though is definitely a little pricier. They do a hot breakfast each morning. I stayed at the Embassy Suites on my last trip. I believe there is a Hilton Garden Inn right there as well. Check all the hotels there on Harbor in Garden Grove. They are pretty much in a cluster.

samkj
11-13-2006, 04:16 PM
I would try one of the walking distance motels (maybe Hojo or Fairfield Inn) If you had to depend on ART it would be a nightmare getting that many kids to the park! http://www.hojoanaheim.com/index.html Give them a call, I'm sure they could help.

If you send me a PM (personal message) I can give you more info if you like.

tirby
11-13-2006, 08:37 PM
I am planning a Youth Group trip in summer of 2007 for over 100 teens. What is a good, inexpensive hotel to stay at? We would prefer indoor hallway room entrance, a decent continental breakfast and a private shuttle if possible. If no shuttle, then use of the ART or within walking distance.
Thanks!
Daniella
Just curious but would this trip be anything to do with Aquire the Fire reunion in Aug?

JoyCrazy
11-13-2006, 10:25 PM
OMG 100 Teens. In the summer. :faint: My heart goes out to you. You are very very brave. The ramada inn maingate was really reasonable cost wise and right across from the maingate to the park. hence the name. :)

cats mom
11-14-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm with Amy.

I like the Garden Grove area Tasmen suggested, but if you ever plan on trying to get everyone the same place at the same time I would really try to stick with something walking distance.

You might want to make some calls because not every hotel is willing to work with you on a large group like that.

I know when DD went with her cheer group they stayed at Best Western Park Place Inn. If they'll work with HS cheerleaders, they'll work with anyone. ;)

eduk8r26
11-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Try Anaheim Plaza, also. They have hosted cheerleaders and it's within walking distance, no breakfast, though.