PDA

View Full Version : How do I get to....

my3kids
11-13-2006, 06:35 AM
restaurants outside of Disneyland? We have loved Mimi's in other areas and wondered about the one near DL. I think it is in a motel so is it still like a real Mimi's?

How do we get 'outside? If we are standing at the entrance plaza facing DCA, do we turn LEFT and walk to things outside the resort? What else is outside?

Where is the nearest Claim Jumper? A friend said that was a great place to go in So. CA.

Judy from Boise
11-13-2006, 08:15 AM
yes, if facing DCA then Harbor blvd is to your left. There is a broad pedestrian walkway that will take you to the traffic light to cross the street.

my3kids
11-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Is there an intersting assortment of places to eat, or are we better off staying inside the resort?

Albort
11-13-2006, 11:25 AM
its a bit of a walk though... but Mimi Cafe, if your facing DCA, make a left, cross Harbor blvd, and make a left until you get close to the freeway, you should see it.

Theres LOTS and LOTS of resturant there... i suggest driving though.

mareed
11-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Mimi's is not in a hotel. It's across the street from Howard Johnson, and I think the HoJo has it listed as a restaurant on their website, but it's not at all connected to HoJo. We stay at the HoJo frequently, and I don't think the walk is bad at all. :)

got2travel
11-13-2006, 12:52 PM
its a bit of a walk though... but Mimi Cafe, if your facing DCA, make a left, cross Harbor blvd, and make a left until you get close to the freeway, you should see it.

Theres LOTS and LOTS of resturant there... i suggest driving though.

For Mimi's I would not drive at all. By the time you took the shuttle to the parking structure, you could have already been at any of these restaurants.

5-10 minute walk max.

Mimi's is a nice break from the parks. Great food and great prices. Honestly though, I usually stay in the park to eat. I've got so many favorites inside the park that I don't venture out much. Check out the Dinning Reviews with pictures thread that is a sticky at the top of the boards. There's tons of pictures of what is available in the parks.

Mary Jo
11-13-2006, 01:17 PM
Another restaurant within walking distance is Tony Roma's ribs. When you walk from DL/DCA to Harbor Blvd, you would cross the pedestrian crosswalk and go left to reach Mimi's, and go right to reach Tony Roma's.

my3kids
11-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks everyone!

spazzyjazzy
11-13-2006, 08:21 PM
Mimi's Cafe, Millie's and Tony Roma's are awesome places to eat. Some advice stay away from Captain Kid's. Blech!!

abby
11-13-2006, 10:02 PM
We ate at both Mimi's and Millie's, and I have to say the service at Mimi's was awful (and they were not busy) and the food, so so. In contrast the food and servcie were great at Millie's. As for eating off site, it is alot cheaper then on site, but it all depends on if you want the hassle factor of going off site........

Disney Hot Mama
11-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Mimi's Cafe, Millie's and Tony Roma's are awesome places to eat. Some advice stay away from Captain Kid's. Blech!!

Ditto on all four points above.... Mimi's, Millie's and Tony Romas are great. Captain Kidds is NOT!!!! I have no idea how this place stays in business.
There is also an IHOP and Denny's plus McDonalds to pick from all walking distance...

Not sure where a Claim Jumper is but they are great too!

jlima
11-14-2006, 01:33 AM
The nearest Claim Jumper is probably the one by Knotts. Drive on either Ball Rd or Katella west; when you get to Beach Blvd. make a right. You will drive by Knotts Berry Farm. CJ is on the corner of Beach and La Palma right across from Knotts.

But if you're going to drive over there, you should go to the Chicken Dinner Restaurant, at Knotts. You don't have to go into the park to eat there.