PDA

View Full Version : Which Sheraton?

Califgirl
11-12-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm just going up for one night with a friend, and I noticed that there are two Sheratons to choose from. One is on the back side of the park near the CM entrance (and main parking entrance) and the other is by the Convention Center.
Has anyone stayed at either of these Sheratons? Which one would be the easier walk? Did either have shuttles to Disneyland. Any feedback would be appreciated.

(I'll be using Starpoints)

samkj
11-12-2006, 11:40 AM
I believe the Sheraton Park is a shorter walk(stilltoo far for many), but it uses ART shuttles. The Sheraton Anaheim has its own private shuttle, so its the one I would choose!

disneegrl4eva
11-12-2006, 01:39 PM
I believe the Sheraton Park is a shorter walk(stilltoo far for many), but it uses ART shuttles. The Sheraton Anaheim has its own private shuttle, so its the one I would choose!

ya you definitely dont want to walk from the Sheraton Park...I have stayed at the one where sheraton park is now before it became sheraton park....but I always stay at the Sheraton Anaheim if I cant stay on site...I love that hotel and yes they have their own shuttle which runs on the 15 and 45 of every hour... :lovestruc

jlima
11-12-2006, 10:39 PM
We stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim for the 3rd time just this weekend and the hotel had some problems! They are now charging $10 for parking but there were weddings going on both nights we were there and there was NO parking either night. I got lucky the first night and found ONE empty spot; and last night their security let us park along the curb right in front of the hotel where their busses park. They took the parking off the bill for us. The air conditioner in our room wasn't working; the front desk offered to have a fan brought to our room. The wireless internet wasn't working and I had to deal with a very cranky DH. Plus they put us in the building farthest from the front desk; but the building wasn't secure. Every other door to the main building you needed a card key to access but our building just had an automatic door where you step on a rubber mat and the door opens. We won't stay there again.

disneegrl4eva
11-12-2006, 10:46 PM
We stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim for the 3rd time just this weekend and the hotel had some problems! They are now charging $10 for parking but there were weddings going on both nights we were there and there was NO parking either night. I got lucky the first night and found ONE empty spot; and last night their security let us park along the curb right in front of the hotel where their busses park. They took the parking off the bill for us. The air conditioner in our room wasn't working; the front desk offered to have a fan brought to our room. The wireless internet wasn't working and I had to deal with a very cranky DH. Plus they put us in the building farthest from the front desk; but the building wasn't secure. Every other door to the main building you needed a card key to access but our building just had an automatic door where you step on a rubber mat and the door opens. We won't stay there again.

did you call the front desk and ask them for a different room? I have never had problems with them and thats the only hotel I stay in offsite...as far as the parking fee....this is not a new charge...as with most hotels in the area, this is a resort fee and they stopped charging it for awhile during refurbishment of the hotel...but now that its done they are recharging again...I definitely would have asked for a different room if all those issues were a problem....they have always been most accomodating to me...Im really sorry that happened but I truthfully dont think you should not stay there again based on one incident...give em another try...come on ;)

jlima
11-12-2006, 10:54 PM
We had a really long drive in from Vegas and had a delay of 2 hours on the road due to the 15 being closed in Devore, and didn't check in until after 10 pm. (very frustrating! When we planned this trip the construction was supposed to be complete, but it was delayed by the fires and other issues) By the time we realized the air and the internet didn't work, it was after 11pm and we were already unpacked and just worn out. DH went to the business center to use the internet there and that's when he noticed the locks on the doors to the other buildings.