PDA

View Full Version : Disney review

disneyfreak75
11-12-2006, 01:28 AM
We just got back from our disney trip (Oct 14-19) and had a great time.

It wasn't too busy when we went so there weren't long line ups. A friend of mine who went Oct 20th said it was crazy busy so we lucked out. Even though it wasn't too busy there were still a few rides where I got a fast pass in the morning for a return just before closing (ex. Haunted house). That being said, we did stand in line for a couple of rides where I got the fast pass and it wasn't too bad in the end. Most of the fast passes said you had to wait 1 - 1 1/2 hours before you could get another but my friend said that she was able to do a couple one after the other....it does state when you can get another fast pass again, which is nice.

We stayed the PPH and while it was a nice room (2 queen beds and lots of room) it was a bummer that we had to pay an extra $50 a night for internet, parking and a newspaper. We had no car and didn't really want a paper..so, we ended up paying $50/night for the little bit of internet we used (one night it wouldn't work). also the sound proofing in the rooms was horrible. I could hear everything outside. one night there was a private party at California Adventure and it was so loud that we couldn't sleep. That being said the staff were wonderful and it was nice to be close to the parks. I only wish it wasn't so isolated from other cheaper restaurants...even WDW wasn't as bad as it had a gas station where we bought some cheap drinks and snacks. I am glad that we did it this one time (only because we got one night free) but i don't think i'd do it again in all honesty.

I have been to DL before but not DCA. i thought that there wasn't much to it. I was a little surprised that the Tower of terror was so short of a ride as we were just in WDW 2 years ago and it was longer. That being said, it was unexpected when we dropped so quickly so it wasn't predictable. Loved California screamin but DH didn't because he thought it was too scary. I didn't much like california soarin' as I expected more...

DL was set up for Halloween and that was neat as I don't recall ever having been to WDW or DL at holiday time.

We ate dinner at the blue bayou and I was pleasantly surprised. While it was expensive I thought that the food was excellent and the value wasn't too bad. I am so glad that we went there as it was very romantic. Also, we went for our anniversary and were given a free desert. We could have picked from any desert but we were so full. So, the waiter got us a special ice cream with chocolate mickey ears. nice way to end our night!

Oh BTW, our best meal deal was actually to buy a membership to the Rainforest Cafe and then get a free appetizer. it costs $15, which is a one time cost provided you use it once a year, but it was like getting a 2-4-1 in our opinion as we used it twice and will use it again for our trip in december in vegas if possible....I think there is one there...

Had a wonderful time and can't wait to go again!!!

mystic_path
11-12-2006, 01:55 AM
Sounds wonderful! I am so happy you had a good time. The Blue Bayou is really romantic.

Albort
11-12-2006, 04:41 AM
Sounds wonderful! I am so happy you had a good time. The Blue Bayou is really romantic.

with lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of people staring at you :P

misscampbells
11-12-2006, 07:04 AM
You mentioned that you had to pay an extra $50 a night in resort fees. Just wondering who you booked with? I thought if you did packages, that the fees were already included? :confused3 Now I'm a little worried I need to budget more.

Kathy

disneyfreak75
11-12-2006, 05:18 PM
I didn't book a package. I used airline points to book the flight and a website to book the hotel. I heard a guy and his wife at the front desk complaining about it and wanting an upgrade. They were being really rude. the hotel was booked up completely and they said there is no way of getting out of the fee....oh wait, I'll have to double check the amount as it might not have been as much now that i think about it but you should double check with your travel agent.