PDA

View Full Version : My DD just diagnosed with cervical cancer..

kdzgon
11-11-2006, 10:57 PM
My 27 yr old daughter has just learned 2 days ago that she has cervical cancer. She has three malignancies, plus growths on her ovaries. She's active duty USN, stationed in VA (we're in north Jersey). It has taken a month for the biopsies to come back; they are going to operate but we don't know when yet. She has 2 sons, 3 1/2 and 20 mos. She's home for the weekend (previously planned trip) so I have to stay positive for her, but man, oh man, it's tough. Just in the past 3 yrs, another DD lost her best friend to cancer (22y), my friend lost her DD (26y) to lymphoma, we lost my sister to breast cancer last year (47, 2 kids), my friend is battling breast cancer (2nd time) and my son's godfather is battling renal cancer right now. I'm a little shell-shocked overall, considering recent history.

I'm a big believer in the power of prayer, so although I have never actually met anyone here, I'm asking for your help with prayers for my daughter Alexis. I have seen miracles worked with prayer chains, and I believe in God's Will. (I believe prayers didn't fail my sister and the others but rather it was ultimately time that God had better plans in store.)

Thanks so much ~

Laurie

Thank you so much.

kejoda
11-11-2006, 11:00 PM
Prayers and good thoughts Laurie. You will find that the Dis is wonderful about being so supportive.

Tiggeroo
11-11-2006, 11:00 PM
prayers said. This is, I believe very treatable. I had early stage cerv. cancer. or according to the second dr. severe pre-cancer. It is slow-moving enough that they let me take hormone therapy for thirty days, three times. The first dr wanted to do a total hysterectomy. It ended well and no surgery, although I had to have several biopsies over a couple years.

ilovepcot
11-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Bless you and your daughter, Laurie! :hug:

Steamboat Marti
11-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Cervical cancer survivor here - please feel free to PM me if you have any questions. But I must warn you, I have really blocked out so much of it! Weird, huh?

Good luck, stay as positive as you can and vent when you need to. :grouphug:

luvtogo12
11-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I will keep your DD and your entire family in my prayers.

JadenLayne
11-11-2006, 11:06 PM
I just lost a good friend to cancer as well. I'm so sorry for all of your losses and your DD is in my prayers.

DisneyBlonde
11-11-2006, 11:07 PM
Prayers to you and your DD. :grouphug:

Aidensmom
11-11-2006, 11:10 PM
She is in my prayers. :grouphug:

meeskamouska
11-11-2006, 11:16 PM
I know how hard it is when this affects those you hold dear...especially young ones. I will pray for you and your daughter...because as a mother your worries are compounded. Good luck and a speedy recovery.

HSMndLKfan92
11-11-2006, 11:25 PM
My 27 yr old daughter has just learned 2 days ago that she has cervical cancer. She has three malignancies, plus growths on her ovaries. She's active duty USN, stationed in VA (we're in north Jersey). It has taken a month for the biopsies to come back; they are going to operate but we don't know when yet. She has 2 sons, 3 1/2 and 20 mos. She's home for the weekend (previously planned trip) so I have to stay positive for her, but man, oh man, it's tough. Just in the past 3 yrs, another DD lost her best friend to cancer (22y), my friend lost her DD (26y) to lymphoma, we lost my sister to breast cancer last year (47, 2 kids), my friend is battling breast cancer (2nd time) and my son's godfather is battling renal cancer right now. I'm a little shell-shocked overall, considering recent history.

I'm a big believer in the power of prayer, so although I have never actually met anyone here, I'm asking for your help with prayers for my daughter Alexis. I have seen miracles worked with prayer chains, and I believe in God's Will. (I believe prayers didn't fail my sister and the others but rather it was ultimately time that God had better plans in store.)

Thanks so much ~

Laurie

Thank you so much.

Prayers will be said before I go to bed, :grouphug:

and a little bit of pixie dust to cheer you up : pixiedust:

Pugdog007
11-11-2006, 11:34 PM
I'm so sorry. Prayers coming to you from Alabama.

Xcited4Disney
11-11-2006, 11:44 PM
:grouphug: Sending prayers up.

miss missy
11-11-2006, 11:48 PM
:grouphug: and prayers for her!

I am dealing with the pre now. With all the treatments they have now, your DD will be just fine. I know it is hard now, but I just know she'll be OK.

DisMN
11-12-2006, 12:09 AM
From one stranger to another, my prayers are with your daughter and with you......
:grouphug:

marlasmom
11-12-2006, 12:10 AM
Good thoughts and prayers to your whole family.

tiggersmom2
11-12-2006, 12:39 AM
Just said a prayer for Alexis and your whole family. :grouphug:

rie'smom
11-12-2006, 12:41 AM
Y'all are in my prayers.

Freyja
11-12-2006, 05:20 AM
Sending positive thoughts to you all.

epcotfan
11-12-2006, 05:44 AM
I will keep Alexis in my prayers :hug:

Patricia
11-12-2006, 05:59 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. I will be praying every single day for you both. I lost my parents to cancer ten years ago and my 43 year old sister to breast cancer this month. I know all too well how you feel. I am hanigng on to the faith that all will turn out for what is left of my family, namely , me. I will keep that faith for you.

snels
11-12-2006, 06:17 AM
I will keep your family in my prayers. :grouphug:

kdzgon
11-12-2006, 06:26 AM
Thank you all so much for your suppport and sharing - you don't know what it did for me (actually, I think you might - guess that's why I posted here in the first place! :grouphug: ) I cannot believe how many responded throughout the night..it made a difficult night bearable, and recharged my batteries for the fight ahead. Thanks again!

Laurie

s&k'smom
11-12-2006, 06:29 AM
God Bless you and your family.

lazydazy8
11-12-2006, 06:41 AM
Prayers your way from Maine... Thank goodness she has you for love and support!

Disneyaunt4
11-12-2006, 06:47 AM
Prayers to you all. Both of my sisters are cervical cancer survivors. So keep thinking positive thoughts and we will keep praying for you.

Laura
11-12-2006, 06:49 AM
Cervical cancer is VERY treatable. Please keep your hopes up! :wizard:

And ladies, get your pap smears!

dmslush
11-12-2006, 07:35 AM
:grouphug: :grouphug: I'll keep your family in my thoughts!

PirateKitty
11-12-2006, 07:37 AM
Sending prayers, best wishes, and positive energy to you and your family... :wizard: :grouphug:

Pixiedust34
11-12-2006, 07:42 AM
Praying for your dd.....please update when you get a chance. :grouphug:

helenabear
11-12-2006, 07:46 AM
Prayers said for you all! I do know that cervical cancer is highly treatable. I've known several friends at various stages who were able to fight it and are alive and well (one over a decade later). Keep your hopes up :hug:

SDFgirl
11-12-2006, 07:52 AM
Prayers said. Your family is in my thoughts.

I know it's scary when they are diagnosed so young. A close family friend of ours was 25 when he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. It scared all of us to death. He remained positive, though, and today he is proudly cancer-free and in law school!

SillyMe
11-12-2006, 07:56 AM
Prayers being said. :grouphug:

powellrj
11-12-2006, 07:58 AM
prayers sent :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

TJ's Mom
11-12-2006, 08:01 AM
Prayers for both of you.

Sherri
11-12-2006, 08:20 AM
Prayers from me to Alexis and your family. I hope she gets the very best care that is out there. Like many have said, with all of the modern medicine she should be able to get better from this soon. :grouphug:

need_a_Disney_fix
11-12-2006, 08:32 AM
Our family is currently traveling through my DM's breast cancer and I understand your emotions and fears. My prayers are with you...along with lots of Pixie Dust.

tevagirl
11-12-2006, 08:36 AM
I'll be praying for all of you. :grouphug:

lucyanna girl
11-12-2006, 09:07 AM
Prayers said. I believe in the power of prayer. You will find the Dis is a wonderful comfort. When my DD was sick and I was so frightened the support here was an unmeasurable help. Stay strong, you can't help her if you don't take care of you.

:grouphug:

Penny

Mackey Mouse
11-12-2006, 09:15 AM
Laurie.. I have already offered prayers for your daughter and I hear you that it seems that our loved ones are constantly battling something.....I want you to know if you need comfort or hugs I am sure the Disers here will be more than willing to give that and more...the prayers are so important..

I pm'd you and I also wanted you to know that there is such a need for help and guidance everywhere that the Dis has started a new forum Coping and Compassion, where people can share their experiences battling an illness, coping with diabetes, depression, cancer, and it is for the caretakers as well as the one going through the illness...

Please know that we would love you to come and post there and hopefully we can keep you positive, while keeping ourselves positive too...

Liberty Belle
11-12-2006, 09:22 AM
Laurie,

I will most certainly pray for Alexis. She sounds like a very strong woman. I'll include you in my prayers, as well...so much for you to go through in such a short time. :guilty:

Eden

KelNottAt
11-12-2006, 09:26 AM
Your daughter is in my prayers. :grouphug:

Louise-Montreal
11-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Prayers have been sent. :grouphug:

kdzgon
11-12-2006, 02:20 PM
Prayers said. Your family is in my thoughts.

I know it's scary when they are diagnosed so young. A close family friend of ours was 25 when he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. It scared all of us to death. He remained positive, though, and today he is proudly cancer-free and in law school!

Yes, we've been through that as well - my brother was diagnosed in 1990. He, too was wonderfully positive re: the cancer and is still cancer-free today. His wife (my SIL) has recently battled thyroid cancer, but that seems to be in remission for about 18 mos now (see, I had forgotten her success story last night:)).

Thanks for the kind words, thoughts and prayers!

kdzgon
11-12-2006, 02:23 PM
Our family is currently traveling through my DM's breast cancer and I understand your emotions and fears. My prayers are with you...along with lots of Pixie Dust.

BC is an evil, evil disease - prayers to you, your DM and family as well. :grouphug:

pjb_hockey_mom
11-12-2006, 02:54 PM
There is power in numbers, thus there is power in these prayers! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

disneymom8589
11-12-2006, 04:16 PM
Laurie,
I have been praying for Alexis and your family as I've been reading this. Please continue to update us. :grouphug:

StephMK
11-12-2006, 06:34 PM
There is power in numbers, thus there is power in these prayers! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

You & your DD are in my thoughts & prayers as well! My friend's DD4 was diagnosed w/leukemia (high risk) in May, she has since gotten a bone marrow transplant & released back home much earlier than expected. She has far exceeded all expectations in her road to recovery so far & I do believe in the power of prayer & positive thinking. Hugs to you both.

Jake & Crew
12-14-2006, 11:35 PM
Just read your post and prayers and positive thoughts sent your way.

Was diagnosed 10/05, surgery 11/05. Bad pap and bio this fall, but this time we are working on the precancerous cells so I feel more confident then I did in the beginning, plus I have become so much more faith filled and strong in the last year.

I am 37 with two little girls (3 and 5 when this started now 4an 6). Will continue to pray for Alexis and her kids and husband and you mom!

If you have any questions feel free to pm anytime. It is a long, windy, bumpy road but one that with faith you can keep moving forward on. :thumbsup2

Pea-n-Me
12-14-2006, 11:48 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

Goofyluver
12-15-2006, 11:39 AM
You and your family will be in my prayers. A colleague of mine was diagnosed with something similar. Although it was tough, she got through it!

CarolynU
12-15-2006, 04:41 PM
My thoughts are with both you and your DD.
Try to keep positive even though it will be tough at times.

Jake & Crew
12-26-2006, 10:54 PM
Just checking in to let you know I am still here for you. Praying for all of you. Let us know if you need more support!:grouphug:

N&B'smom
01-08-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm hoping all is well with your daughter. I can speak regarding this topic from personal experience. I was also diagnosed with cervical cancer last August at the age of 33. I had to have a radical hysterectomy on 9/3 to take care of it.

Please keep us posted and let us know what's going on!

Shelby

kdzgon
01-30-2008, 07:53 PM
Oh, but the power of prayer!!

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts, words and prayers. DD has been doing well, with all appearances being the cancer is gone (at least for now!). In fact, she has been given a clean bill of health, so much so the USN has seen fit to send her to Iraq for at least a year. Her original orders had her leaving 2 AM on 12/26 for Afghanistan to serve with the USMC. However, those orders were canceled days before leaving and replaced with these orders to Iraq to serve with the Army instead (she is in communications - satellites, radios, and computers). She is set to leave March 21. It's not cancer, but it is still scary in its own way.

KelNottAt
01-31-2008, 07:31 AM
Wonderful news! :cool1:

Now I'll pray for her to return safely from Iraq.

Please thank her for her service.