PDA

View Full Version : Babysitting service in DL area?

shellyof4
11-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone,

When we were at WDW we used Fairy Godmother's babysitting service for 2 nights so we could go out for dinner alone and also took the two older boys one night just them. It was lots of fun and the sitter was awesome! I was a little nervous about leaving them with strangers but the reviews were great on all the places I checked.

Is there a similiar service for DL? Have any of you used them? Any ideas for me? Thanks!

MATTERHORN
11-10-2006, 07:27 PM
I have heard of one but I'm sorry the name escapes me right now. I'll try to find it. Is your youngest 5 yet?

Alex2kMommy
11-10-2006, 11:04 PM
There is a service, I believe it's called Fullerton Childcare. I asked about it on the DIS early in the year, but no one seemed to have used it, so there was no feedback.

If you are staying at any onsite hotel, children 5 and up are eligible to stay at Pinocchio's Workshop at the Grand Californian. They do lots of fun activities with them there, and seem pretty reasonably priced. (I suspect that's why Matterhorn was asking if your DD was 5yo+ ?)

shellyof4
11-11-2006, 12:35 PM
No, she isn't 5 yet and we're staying off property most of the time. Hmmm, if anyone has any ideas for me, let me know! :)

Alex2kMommy
11-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I may be wrong, but I don't believe the Fullerton Childcare is exclusive/affiliated with Disneyland, so I think that's still an option if you're interested. The weird thing was that when I tried to look it up on the internet (this was last February or so), I couldn't find any mention.

I believe I got the name from one of my DL guidebooks, so I'll see if I can find it and post (unless someone beats me to it!)

Alex2kMommy
11-12-2006, 01:01 PM
I found this online, but no info on references or any connection to DL:

Fullerton Child Care Agency
200 E Lincoln Ave, Anaheim, CA 92805
(714) 528-1640

shellyof4
11-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Thank you!