PDA

View Full Version : Anyone visit EVERY Disney Park?

Dukland
11-10-2006, 08:15 PM
I am trying to talk dh into this. (which means I have some work ahead of me). I thought it would be an accomplishment to visit every Disney Park. So far, we've only been to Disneyland. If we can manage it, I'd like to go back to DL for November 2007 and October 2008. I figure we can upgrade to annual passes in 2007 and won't need tickets for 2008. (That's MY plan, anyway)

So, what's a good time of year to visit the other Parks? Is it worth it? Anyone done this?

MATTERHORN
11-10-2006, 08:25 PM
In theory I would love to. But for some reason I just have absolutely no interest to ever go to Asia so Tokyo Disney Sea is probably out for me. I am expanding to WDW this year though!

shellyof4
11-10-2006, 08:26 PM
Oh boy! I haven't, but would LOVE to. I bet I will at some future point.

As far as WDW we went in November and February. Feb was MUCH less crowded but November was still manageable as long as you know what you're doing. It's so fun, you'd love it.

Can't wait to hear any other responses!

SplshMtnLvr28
11-10-2006, 08:28 PM
That's something I'd like to do in my lifetime. So far I've visited DL, WDW, and DL Paris. I don't really have an interest to go to Asia, but I'd definately like to the parks there!

XTinabell
11-10-2006, 08:37 PM
What a cool idea! My DH told me he wanted to base our travels around a "goal" and I think seeing all the Disneyparks would be a great goal. Way more fun than seeing the seven wonders of the world IMHO.

smilingmouse
11-10-2006, 08:47 PM
I haven't yet...but I will finish my "Disney Around the World" tour in April when I go to Tokyo and Hong Kong :)

ransom
11-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Like others, it's something I would like to do in my lifetime. And I do have some interest in seeing some regions of Japan and Hong Kong, just out of curiosity. I'd like to see that famous high-tech marketplace in Tokyo, for instance. And I'd like to see the wilderness-right-beside-the-city thing I hear is going on in Hong Kong.

As for Paris, I'd like to do Europe at some point anyway, so a stopover at DL Paris should be no problem. :thumbsup2

Hopefully, some day, it'll be financially possible to do all that. I'll keep hoping...

Sumac
11-10-2006, 11:06 PM
This was not a goal for me until recently. My husband is in the Navy, and we transferred to a base in Japan a couple of months ago. I am certain that we will hit Tokyo Disney and Disney Sea while we are here. I've also found that it is cheap to add a layover in Los Angeles when we travel home (East coast) next summer. I'm hoping to have the Florida, Tokyo and California Parks covered by sometime next summer. That just leaves Paris and Hong Kong...

abby
11-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Funny you should ask, I was thinking that it would be a great thing to do with my dd who is 6 and loves disney. It woudl take years, but might be fun. I am not sure I can name them all, but I will figure it out.

monami7
11-10-2006, 11:24 PM
We have done Tokyo Disney DLR and all or WDw. We are headed to Hong Kong in 2007 and then it is Paris!! Paris is the hard one but we will go.

honeymom
11-10-2006, 11:30 PM
You should definitely try WDW. We've gone in February (President's Day), March (mid-March spring break) and early June. The President's Day trip was kind of busy, but the other trips were manageable crowds. The weather was more comfortable in March than early June. I think the fall is supposed to be quiet, although you risk a hurricane.

darkacre
11-11-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm trying to do it this year. Depending upon bowl schedules (we travel with our alma mater), we might make it. We did Paris and Disney Studios in April. Did Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and MGM in August. Did Disneyland and DCA all year long. Last did Toyko in 1993. Never did DisneySea or HKDL. Maybe December?

As for the timing, winter is a good time to visit Orlando. August and late July are really hot and humid. April is a spectacular time to visit Paris. Disneyland is good all year round. Dead of winter is a bit less good.

got2travel
11-11-2006, 12:16 PM
I decided during the 50th anniversary of DL that it would be cool to visit all Disney parks during the celebration. I got about half way through. I frequent DL, so that was an easy one. I was able to get a week in at WDW and a few days in Tokyo. All I had left was Paris, then Hong Kong opened, so that left me with 2 still to do. Well, my friend who usually travels with me decided she wasn't able to take any trips this year. (We were planning on Paris in the spring). So I plan and take an non-Disney trip, once I get back she tells me she rethought about it and could probably go after all. Well, um, thanks, but I've already spent my money and used my vacation time.

But...I'll be bringing the Magic home from the Mediterranean next year. So before we catch the boat in Spain, we're spending a few days in Paris.

As for when to go, DL and WDW have the same patterns. Stay away from holidays and summer. In Tokyo, there's not really a slow season, at least not that I was able to figure out. I went on a Monday and Tuesday in November and it was pretty crowded, but not unmanageable. Then again Japan is just pretty crowded always. For Paris, I've heard Nov and Dec are good and August is bad, it's just too hot. So guess when I'm going? August! Couldn't help it, that's when the cruise is.

Judy from Boise
11-11-2006, 12:57 PM
I am going to do it someday! Of course I've done all of the NorthAmerican parks, did TDS the first year they opened, will be doing DLP in May of 08 for our 20th anniversary, don't know when I will pick up TDL and HongKong.....

dletz
11-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Prior to DisneySea opening my sister visited all Disney parks in a 12 month period including going on a Disney cruise. She has since been to DisneySea. They were supposed to go to Hong Kong Disneyland, but they haven't gone yet. I'm sure they will within a few years though.

mystic_path
11-14-2006, 08:37 PM
I dont want to sound mean, and this is not intended to as I know people LOVE other parks which is fantastic, by all means. But in my perspective, I LOVE disneyland and although I will eventually visit WDW which im ooking forward to. I have a hard time bringing myself to get to other disney parks as its not the original. I just dont want to go and spend money in knock off parks. I just think that theres something magical about it being "Original", that gives the vacation a bit more meaning.

Randy K
11-16-2006, 01:50 PM
I should be pretty close in the next few years. So far I have been to:

The 4 WDW parks
The 2 DLR Parks

With my wife being from Taiwan and Hong Kong being close to Taiwan that will happen before too long and Japan is somewhere we would like to go in the near future. Paris will be the hard one. I don't have much desire to go there and the parks there don't look nearly as good as the 2 parks in Japan.

ter-moo
11-16-2006, 03:51 PM
There was just a story in our local paper a couple of weeks ago about a group of friends from Australia that did this. They bought unlimited-round-the-world tickets on an airline and planned everything so that it would fit the time frame of the tickets (a month or two if I recall) and went to every Disney park. It cost them about $5000 each.

I think this sounds like a blast, but it would be hard to go to places like Japan and Paris and Hong Kong and not sightsee anywhere besides the parks!

Anyone wanna try a trip like this??? :banana: :banana:

shoes99
11-16-2006, 04:08 PM
We are working on it. We have done California, Florida and Paris. NFFC is doing a group tour to Tokyo Disneyland in April, 2008. We already got a great rate at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. They are accepting bookings thru the TDL website already, also www.nffc.org has some information.

AJA55
11-16-2006, 07:11 PM
That’d be way kewl. But….we're doing something similar for the USA. One birthday in spring and one in fall we travel. On our birthday we pull a state out of an envelope and that is where we travel to the next year. This year was Georgia and Connecticut. Next year Louisiana and Illinois. We’ve had a blast mother and me. She wants to keep at it until she can’t comfortably do this anymore. Well of course we fit in a Disney vacations every couple of years also. 2007 July 4th week in Disneyland. Last time we were there DCA hadn’t opened yet.

AJA55
11-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Oh my stars! I got another tag! Thank you Oh great and powerful Tag Fairy. I speak my own language Disney/SF. My pink looks brighter too.

Captjackson
11-19-2006, 01:53 PM
My sister's husband works for Boeing. Currently, they are stationed just outside of Hong Kong. They just moved there this summer from Paris. Before that they were in Bruessels, but before that, they were in Tokyo.

Lucky them! :thumbsup2

steve_rob
11-19-2006, 02:05 PM
I'm closing in on doing the Disney "Grand Slam" (that's what I call it anyway!)

We've already done both California parks, both Paris parks and all four Florida parks. We've got a trip pencilled in for 2009 to Tokyo and we'll do both of those parks then, meaning we'll have visited 10 out of the 11.

Hong Kong I'm sure will follow on at some point after that - possibly as a stopover on the way to somewhere else like Australia.

Danauk
11-19-2006, 02:46 PM
I've done WDW and DLP. We are going to DL on our next holiday, then to DLHK on our way to Australia for our holiday after that. So that just leaves Japan. I'll figure some whey to get there!

Kirstytwin
11-19-2006, 03:19 PM
This is my Husbands dream. We so far have done, Disneyland Anaheim, both parks. Walt Disney World, all four parks and both water parks and Disneyland Paris both parks and Disney Cruise Line.

We would love to do Hong Kong and Japan, just need to find flights and a hotel that will house 2 adults and 4 children.