PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning a trip in February 2007?

justkeepswimmin
11-10-2006, 06:56 PM
UPDATED (11/17): List of other DISers Travelling to DLR in February:

Justkeepswimmin- 2/21-2/24-Best Western Park Place Inn (still hoping for DL hotel ;) )
AZMickeyfans- 2/16-2/21-Carousel Inn & Suites- DD is dancing in the park!!
MATTERHORN- 2/6-2/10- Desert Inn & Suites
SamKJ- 2/17- (President's Week)-Paradise Pier
JMMOMMY- 2/21-2/25-Best Western Raffles Inn
disneyeveryyear- 2/21-2/25
noladave- 2/21-2/25
RonnieJo66- 2/9-2/12 (2 families of 4)
Katebeth- 2/7-2/11 (Maybe :) !)
SANDIEGOFAN- 2/9-2/12
Albort- 2/3-2/5, 2/10-2/12, 2/16-2/18, 2/23-2/25 ;)
kelmac284- 2/19-2/24
Tink33- ???- Possible trip/ Staying at GCH
lulubelle- 2/9-2/11- Paradise Pier Theme Park View

original post follows below:

We are! After our first trip to WDW this fall, it will be fun to go "home". We will be there Feb 21-24th and are holding out hope for a good rate at the DLH as it gets closer to our trip dates (We have a tennative ressie at BW Park Place Inn for now).

A question for all of you planning trips around this time or those familiar with February crowds- Is there a reason that this week (Feb 19-23) would have extended hours? I know that 2/19 is Washingtons Bday/ Pres Day but the entire week has DL opening at 9 am instead of 10am and I wondered if maybe some of the local schools had the whole week off or something.

We want to AVOID crowds so we are arriving after the holiday but it looks as though Disney knows something we don't AND when I had to make a slight change to my Park Place Inn ressie it was showing no availability on one of nights that week :confused:.

I did check the convention website and there did not seem to be anything major that week. Here in Tucson, we all have Thurs & Fri of that week off for "Rodeo Days" but our little city could not possibly be the cause of extra hours/ full hotels.

Any ideas to help solve my confusion would be appreciated!

Oh, and if you're going in Feb too, share your trip details. Maybe once I account for all the DISers I will have my answer to the crowd question!;)

AZMickeyfans
11-10-2006, 07:12 PM
We are headed there as well but will be from Feb 16-21. I have heard that many of CA schools get off the full week of the Presidents day Holiday. Someone that was there last year told us this. My daughter is actually dancing with her dance troop on Presidents day so that is why we have to go then. Otherwise, we were there last year during that week and it was crazy all week. Very very busy. Of course the weekend will be busier that the rest of the week but it will definitely be higher crowd levels. Still fun to go crowded or not as long as you plan ahead and know what to expect. We have ressies at the Carousel Inn for their 2 room suite.

justkeepswimmin
11-10-2006, 07:49 PM
We are headed there as well but will be from Feb 16-21. I have heard that many of CA schools get off the full week of the Presidents day Holiday. Someone that was there last year told us this. My daughter is actually dancing with her dance troop on Presidents day so that is why we have to go then. Otherwise, we were there last year during that week and it was crazy all week. Very very busy. Of course the weekend will be busier that the rest of the week but it will definitely be higher crowd levels. Still fun to go crowded or not as long as you plan ahead and know what to expect. We have ressies at the Carousel Inn for their 2 room suite.

Thanks AZMickeyfans! I saw another thread addressing this whole week off for Presidents day so now I am rethinking our plans. We were only planning on being at the park Weds-Friday but I am just not sure if I want to battle crowds. You are right though, Disneyland is always fun even with crowds, as long as you plan ahead a little.

That's VERY cool about your daughter getting to dance on President's Day.

Any other February 2007 trips out there????

Judy from Boise
11-10-2006, 08:00 PM
OK, I will confess....we are planning a trip to WDW 2/24-3/3 for my DD's 16th birthday :)

AZMickeyfans
11-10-2006, 08:06 PM
No problem! I'm living my dream of dancing there through her. All the 6 year olds are SOOOOO EXCITED!!! so it's worth facing the crowds.

MATTERHORN
11-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Yes that is supposed to be a busy time. Any holiday week I have been has been busy. We are going the 6-10 of February, but first I have to get through my December trip, lol!

disneegrl4eva
11-10-2006, 08:34 PM
I was but I think Im gonna go first week in March instead...Im planning on going then and again first week of may and if I do feb. then its gonna be longer space between feb and may than march and may so better to do that

samkj
11-10-2006, 11:18 PM
We have Presidents day week off, so we'll be at Disneyland! Between the kids school schedules and my husband being a teacher, we've learned to deal with the crowds.

It sounds like lots of us will be here this week. I can't wait! Its been almost a year since our last visit and I just can't wait to go again! We're getting annual passes this time too, and will be going at least 3 times in 2007 so I am so, so excited!

justkeepswimmin
11-11-2006, 10:03 AM
We have Presidents day week off, so we'll be at Disneyland! Between the kids school schedules and my husband being a teacher, we've learned to deal with the crowds.

It sounds like lots of us will be here this week. I can't wait! Its been almost a year since our last visit and I just can't wait to go again! We're getting annual passes this time too, and will be going at least 3 times in 2007 so I am so, so excited!

You're right- there are a lot of us! I am torn about whether or not to keep these dates or not. I really don't mind crowds as we have mastered the FP and I'm pregnant so I am skipping most of the "thrill rides" anyway. Still, my youngest is into characters and fantasyland type rides so fighting crowds for those things can be a challenge during busy times. We could also go Feb 14-17th but then my dd would have to miss 3 days of school instead of just 1.

Congratulations on getting APs! You will have SO much fun and might end up going even more than you think. We lived in Las Vegas for a year and did APs since it was only a 4 hour drive and it seemed I was ALWAYS finding a reason to go!

Any other February trips out there??

AZMickeyfans
11-11-2006, 11:37 AM
Congratulations on getting APs! You will have SO much fun and might end up going even more than you think. We lived in Las Vegas for a year and did APs since it was only a 4 hour drive and it seemed I was ALWAYS finding a reason to go!

??

Glad to hear same situation from Las Vegas! We have AP's and are from AZ! Everyone here thinks I'm crazy but it's under 5 hours (sometimes 4 in the wee hours of the morning! hehe) and we have gone just about every month. We are definitely renewing! completely worth it and making wonderful memories with our kids.

MATTERHORN
11-11-2006, 11:41 AM
Yep! I find every excuse to go also. Gotta love the 4 (or just under 4, lol) hour drive from Las Vegas! IF it was about an hour shorter, I'd probably go a lot more than I even do now. December will be our 6th trip for 2006, the most I've ever been in one year.

Hey I see a pattern! I went 5 times in 2005, 6 times in 2006, so I guess that would make me have to follow suit and make it 7 times in 2007. What do you guys think?

Andrea

samkj
11-11-2006, 02:15 PM
I guess that would make me have to follow suit and make it 7 times in 2007. What do you guys think?

Definitely 7 for 2007! Just think, by 2012 you will be going every month! ;)

We have a 6-7 hour drive, but my In-laws are 70 miles from Disneyland, so we make it down a few times a year anyway.

MATTERHORN
11-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Definitely 7 for 2007! Just think, by 2012 you will be going every month! ;)

That sounds good to me!!!

justkeepswimmin
11-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Yep! I find every excuse to go also. Gotta love the 4 (or just under 4, lol) hour drive from Las Vegas! IF it was about an hour shorter, I'd probably go a lot more than I even do now. December will be our 6th trip for 2006, the most I've ever been in one year.

Hey I see a pattern! I went 5 times in 2005, 6 times in 2006, so I guess that would make me have to follow suit and make it 7 times in 2007. What do you guys think?

Andrea

Yup! you are definitely going to have to go 7 times next year!

The 4 hour drive to Disneyland is one of the things I miss most about living in Las Vegas (Actually, there were a lot of things I liked about living there!).

We now have a 7 to 7 1/2 hour drive and those extra 3 hours really make a difference. Looks like we will be more of the once a year types now :sad1: .

Having an AP was such a great experience. We were never in a rush to "get it all done" and I really learned to take in all the little things.

Anymore February 2007 trips?

MATTERHORN
11-12-2006, 11:03 AM
justkeepswimmin, I just read your sig again! Congratulations! I have two DD's and then had DS last year. Are you gonna find out what you are having? Too bad we won't be there at the same time in February, my girls are 6 and 3, so pretty close to yours!

Where are you in AZ? I grew up in Lake Havasu and Phoenix. I liked it there too!

Andrea

JMMOMMY
11-12-2006, 04:31 PM
:cloud9: Me me me

We are going that same weekend leaving Weds day after school and driving and spending Thursday-Saturday in the park and coming back Sunday. Where in Tucson are you we live just outside of tucson.

disneyeveryyear
11-12-2006, 11:28 PM
We will be there 2/21 - 2/25 for my DH's convention. Kids and I leave on AM of the 25th, he stays until the 27th.

We lucked out and got a convention rate of $165 at the DLH. I was hoping for a good rate at the GC, we went in February a few years ago and got an AP rate of $139/$159, but if it is that busy, I doubt that will happen.

I will have to get some advice on how to do the parks. We have never done DL when it is busy. We are used to WDW, but not DL.

justkeepswimmin
11-13-2006, 12:03 AM
justkeepswimmin, I just read your sig again! Congratulations! I have two DD's and then had DS last year. Are you gonna find out what you are having? Too bad we won't be there at the same time in February, my girls are 6 and 3, so pretty close to yours!

Where are you in AZ? I grew up in Lake Havasu and Phoenix. I liked it there too!

Andrea

Hi Andrea!

Thanks so much for the congrats. I am really excited but not telling too many people yet as it is still early (I'm only 7 weeks). It just felt good to share the info somewhere as I am so eager to share my good news. We will definitely find out the sex as I am a BIG planner and could not stand to wait. Congratulations on your little boy-how wonderful!

I am in Tucson. DH was born and raised here and can't bear to be away. We have moved away 2x now (San Diego and then Las Vegas) and always end up back here. I don't really mind though, its a great city just too far from Disneyland!

I saw you are planning a Christmas time trip. That is my favorite time of year at Disneyland...I am so jealous! Have a great trip!

justkeepswimmin
11-13-2006, 12:07 AM
:cloud9: Me me me

We are going that same weekend leaving Weds day after school and driving and spending Thursday-Saturday in the park and coming back Sunday. Where in Tucson are you we live just outside of tucson.

Gotta love our "Rodeo Days" huh? ;)

We are in Southeast Tucson, close to the Vail Area. Most of our friends "in the city" think we live outside of Tucson but we like it out here.

justkeepswimmin
11-13-2006, 12:26 AM
We will be there 2/21 - 2/25 for my DH's convention. Kids and I leave on AM of the 25th, he stays until the 27th.

We lucked out and got a convention rate of $165 at the DLH. I was hoping for a good rate at the GC, we went in February a few years ago and got an AP rate of $139/$159, but if it is that busy, I doubt that will happen.

I will have to get some advice on how to do the parks. We have never done DL when it is busy. We are used to WDW, but not DL.
Congratulations on finding a good rate. I am still hoping something might pop up but with the crowds, it is looking less likely.

Disneyland Resort strategies for busy times are probably similar to WDW but unfortunately DLR just doesn't have enough places for people to go and the bottlenecking that can occur in some areas can be really painful. Just do Early Entry (as a DLH guest, you can use it every morning itis offered), Hang out in DCA if DL is a Zoo (it really is NOT that bad) and use FPs. I also bring lots of snacks, including sandwiches for the kids so we can avoid peak time food lines. Having just been to WDW, my experience was that wait times in WDW for food were much less (and this was during free dining)and the quality and value a lot better than what you will find at the DLR. Except for Churros- DL churros are awesome and always worth standing in line for!

That said, I still can't believe that Feb crowds will compare with summer or the Christmas Season so while it may be busy and I will expect big crowds, I am still hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Best of luck planning your trip!

Dis Ohana
11-13-2006, 01:50 AM
Is it just the Presidents holiday week that will be busy, or will crowds be bad the entire month? When are the "slow" times for DL?

Is there a 4th night free promotion for Feb? If so, when does it become available?

samkj
11-13-2006, 10:30 AM
There is not a 4th night free promo in February. The current promo is a $150 gift card with a 4 night stay in a Disney hotel. I think Feb 16-25 is the only busy time for the month as many schools are now getting the entire week off for Presidents Day.

noladave
11-13-2006, 01:19 PM
We will be there 2/21 - 2/25.

I'm sure this has little impact at DL, it does have a huge impact at WDW, that week is Mardi Gras week, and parts of Louisiana and Mississippi have off that week. Some schools use it for an early spring break. I haven't heard too many people heading to DL (this is our 1st trip), but Tuesday the day after President's day is Mardi Gras Day, so look out for people wearing Mardi Gras Beads (ours will have a pirate theme)!

justkeepswimmin
11-13-2006, 03:27 PM
There is not a 4th night free promo in February. The current promo is a $150 gift card with a 4 night stay in a Disney hotel. I think Feb 16-25 is the only busy time for the month as many schools are now getting the entire week off for Presidents Day.

Is this gift card promo on their website? I must have missed it. Is the gift card good all over the resort? We would certainly spend that much in the parks anyway so I will have to look into this though I have a feeling any ressies for that week at DLR hotels will be hard to come by.

samkj
11-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Right now everything is wide open for ressies. You shouldn't have any problem with a Feb reservation. When I called about room only ressies a couple weeks ago the reservation agent joked, with me saying, "we only have 900-something rooms still available, you better hurry..."

RonnieJo66
11-13-2006, 05:49 PM
:thumbsup2

We will be there (2 families of 4) the 9th-12th. We went at the same time last year and had great weather and the crowds weren't too bad. Hope that hold true on this up-coming trip as well!! :woohoo:

:Pinkbounc Can't wait to go again!! :Pinkbounc

justkeepswimmin
11-14-2006, 09:45 AM
Right now everything is wide open for ressies. You shouldn't have any problem with a Feb reservation. When I called about room only ressies a couple weeks ago the reservation agent joked, with me saying, "we only have 900-something rooms still available, you better hurry..."

I went online and saw the $150 promo you were talking about but when I put in our dates (Feb 21-24) all that was available was the 1 bdrm suite. The week prior (Feb 14-17th) had much more open availability and I am seriously considering moving our dates up and pulling my oldest out of school for a few days. I also suspect that if they truly have that much open availability there might be some good rates offered either as AP nights or maybe a Disney Visa Promo. Thanks for the info about the promo though- I completely missed this!

Wow! There are a lot of us for February! Later today, I might make a list of whos going and when and update my first post. It's always nice to know you are among DIS members while at the parks! :)

samkj
11-14-2006, 11:01 AM
I just called and talked to a reservation agent and she said most likely there is a convention coming in. When that happens they book out the whole hotel and open up rooms once all the specifics for the convention are figured out. So if you check later there may be availibility. We have reservations at the GC, but due to unexpected expenses (the transmission went out on DH's car) we were going to change to the Paradise Pier. It had a few room types available yesterday, and today there is nothing! The kids were home yesterday, so I couldn't call since this is a surprise trip. Things change quickly, so I will just keep watch and switch when the room I want opens up. Oh well things will work out in the end! We've never stayed onsite before, so if we don't that will be ok with us.

katebeth
11-14-2006, 11:43 AM
We are looking to go for our first time Feb 7-11...Is that a good time. We are from Tennesse, so I pretty familiar with school holidays in the south, but I am not familiar with them in the West. Just curious :goodvibes

justkeepswimmin
11-14-2006, 01:09 PM
I just called and talked to a reservation agent and she said most likely there is a convention coming in. When that happens they book out the whole hotel and open up rooms once all the specifics for the convention are figured out. So if you check later there may be availibility. We have reservations at the GC, but due to unexpected expenses (the transmission went out on DH's car) we were going to change to the Paradise Pier. It had a few room types available yesterday, and today there is nothing! The kids were home yesterday, so I couldn't call since this is a surprise trip. Things change quickly, so I will just keep watch and switch when the room I want opens up. Oh well things will work out in the end! We've never stayed onsite before, so if we don't that will be ok with us.

Ah! A convention-that explains it. I will do as you are and keep checking. We are dreaming of our first GC stay but it has never worked out for us either and I am okay with on or offsite as I refuse to pay more than $200 a night at any of the 3 resort properties in DL. The DLH has often worked out for us and we have lucked out with some good rates there so I am going to leave our dates flexible and see what happens.

That is very cool that you are planning a surprise trip. Your kids will have so much fun!

justkeepswimmin
11-14-2006, 01:28 PM
We are looking to go for our first time Feb 7-11...Is that a good time. We are from Tennesse, so I pretty familiar with school holidays in the south, but I am not familiar with them in the West. Just curious :goodvibes

I think this is possibly a 3 day weekend for some (I think 2/12 is Lincoln's Bday Observed) but most schools have only Presiden't Day off (at least that's how it was in Las Vegas) and that falls on 2/19. Honestly, I think this would be a great time to go as the first few days you are there there will likely be little or no crowds and while it might pick up on the weekend, it probably won't be too bad.

President's Day Week (February 19-23rd) IS looking pretty packed however with many California schools being off for the whole week and also rumored convention activity.

Have fun planning your trip!

justkeepswimmin
11-14-2006, 01:57 PM
I posted this list in my original post but wanted to post it here to:

UPDATED: List of other DISers Travelling to DLR in February:

Justkeepswimmin- 2/21-2/24-Best Western Park Place Inn (still hoping for DL hotel ;) )
JudyfromBoise- 2/24-3/3 -DD 16th Bday!
MATTERHORN- 2/6-2/10
SamKJ- 2/17- (President's Week)
JMMOMMY- 2/21-2/25
noladave- 2/21-2/25

Any others??

SANDIEGOFAN
11-14-2006, 03:27 PM
Count me in for the 9th - 12th. Your advice to katebeth is accurate. Here in San Diego, we get the 12th off and the 19th for the traditional year program. I believe LA schools have the 19th but not the 12th off. Last year it was little busier the weekend before President's day but not crowded by any means. And the weather was in the high 70's to low 80's - loved it.

MATTERHORN
11-14-2006, 03:36 PM
justkeepswimmin -- thanks for keeping track of all our trips so far. You can add Desert Inn and Suites to mine if you want!!!

Andrea

Albort
11-14-2006, 04:22 PM
wow, thats a lot of Diser going...

ill be there too... every single Fri-Sat-Sun :)

i wonder if i count or not XD

kelmac284
11-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Well I just got back last night from spending veteran's weekend and let me tell you the park sold out and we still did ok. Sure it was packed but we just got up early and hit the park at opening and got FP's and then took a mid day break and came back in the evening and used our passes. Worked great.

We are going in December for one day to celebrate dd's 7th b-day and do the holiday tour and then back again the 19th through the 24th of Feb. We also get the entire president's week off. See you there! ;)

Tink33
11-14-2006, 05:48 PM
I may go in February. DH is attending the Golf Industry convention and received the convention rate at the Grand Californian. Since his work is paying, I may drive up and spend a night or two.

justkeepswimmin
11-14-2006, 09:43 PM
justkeepswimmin -- thanks for keeping track of all our trips so far. You can add Desert Inn and Suites to mine if you want!!!

Andrea

I will update you. :) Anyone else who wants to include their hotel plans or "special ocassions" just post here and I will update your info.

Question-how do you like the Desert Inn & Suites? We were thinking of staying there as the whole "suite" concept is so great w/ kids and the rate & location is awesome but I have heard mixed things. We are not too fussy and generally stay on Harbor at the Hojos or Fairfield Inn when we can't book the DL Hotel.

justkeepswimmin
11-14-2006, 10:01 PM
wow, thats a lot of Diser going...

ill be there too... every single Fri-Sat-Sun :)

i wonder if i count or not XD

Of course you count- you are just luckier than the rest of us that you get to go so often!

Here is the Updated list:

JudyfromBoise- 2/24-3/3 -DD 16th Bday!
SamKJ- 2/17- (President's Week)
JMMOMMY- 2/21-2/25
noladave- 2/21-2/25
SANDIEGOFAN- 2/9-2/12
kelmac284- 2/19-2/24

Look like there will be lots of us. Yeah! If the list gets bigger I will try to group it by dates. I think it would also be nice to use this thread to keep each other informed of what's going on at the parks and any special deals we may come across.

Does anyone know if DL does anything special for Valentines Day? We are thinking of going that week instead and I was just curious.

Keep posting February Trip plans!!

lulubelle
11-14-2006, 11:10 PM
We will be at Paradise Pier Feb 9, 10 & 11. Paid extra for a theme park view :love:

I cannot wait!

Judy from Boise
11-15-2006, 09:16 AM
OK, I really am emberrassed....but we are going to WDW........staying at the Dolphin.

justkeepswimmin
11-15-2006, 05:34 PM
OK, I really am emberrassed....but we are going to WDW........staying at the Dolphin.

I guess it would have helped if I read your post more thoroughly as you did say WDW!

Have a great trip. We just took our first ever trip to WDW and loved it. Disneyland will always be "home" to to us but WDW was such a great experience that I know we will be back.

justkeepswimmin
11-15-2006, 05:36 PM
We will be at Paradise Pier Feb 9, 10 & 11. Paid extra for a theme park view :love:

I cannot wait!

We are thinking of trying Paradise Pier this trip. Those theme park views look so amazing (and much more affordable than GC theme park views!!)! Have a fantastic trip!

JMMOMMY
11-15-2006, 05:57 PM
We will be staying at the Best Western Raffles Inn. It is my moms and kids first trip to Disney. DH has been once and I have been several times with my dad and step mom.

SANDIEGOFAN
11-16-2006, 02:58 PM
We are thinking of trying Paradise Pier this trip. Those theme park views look so amazing (and much more affordable than GC theme park views!!)! Have a fantastic trip!
I haven't had a view room at GC, just standard. I've had view rooms at both PPH and DLH and prefer the view from PPH. Watching the parades from the room is cool not to mention seeing people being evacuated from GRR multiple times.

samkj
11-17-2006, 12:28 PM
Justkeepswimmin, since I know you were looking for a room at the DLH, try booking through Southwest Airlines Vacations(you can book room/ticket packages). I was able to get the room we wanted at the Paradise Pier, despite WDTC being sold out. They also are giving the $150 gift card and the package price was the same.

justkeepswimmin
11-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Justkeepswimmin, since I know you were looking for a room at the DLH, try booking through Southwest Airlines Vacations(you can book room/ticket packages). I was able to get the room we wanted at the Paradise Pier, despite WDTC being sold out. They also are giving the $150 gift card and the package price was the same.

Thanks samkj! I did not know you could just book room & tickets though SWA. I will have to check this out.

I am so glad things worked out for you and that you were able to get the Paradise Pier. Thanks again for the heads up on room availability.

justkeepswimmin
11-17-2006, 02:35 PM
UPDATED (11/17): List of other DISers Travelling to DLR in February:

SamKJ- 2/17- (President's Week)-Paradise Pier
noladave- 2/21-2/25
SANDIEGOFAN- 2/9-2/12
kelmac284- 2/19-2/24

samkj
11-17-2006, 03:52 PM
BTW, we are at DL 2/17(DD2's 7th birthday)-2/22.

MATTERHORN
11-18-2006, 02:03 PM
Question-how do you like the Desert Inn & Suites? We were thinking of staying there as the whole "suite" concept is so great w/ kids and the rate & location is awesome but I have heard mixed things. We are not too fussy and generally stay on Harbor at the Hojos or Fairfield Inn when we can't book the DL Hotel.

We have stayed there a few times and it is my favorite place to stay on Harbor. I do like HOJO's but with three little ones and being by myself most times, I LOVE the closeness of the Desert Inn and Suites. We get a 4 queen/2bath room for anywhere from $89-$129 depending on the season!

When I go with a friend and her kids, the 4 queen room sleeps 8 and we share. It is great to share an $89 rate, that's the only reason I am able to go quite a bit! It does have a breakfast, but it's nothing spectacular so I use it for milk and I bring cereal. My room has always been clean, I have never had one complaint or problem so far!

I would give it a try if I were you! Parking can be a bear, but that's the case with most of those properties at the crosswalk!

laui
11-18-2006, 03:19 PM
we'll be at DL feb 28th to march 4th!!! :cheer2:

justkeepswimmin
11-21-2006, 09:22 AM
UPDATED (11/21): List of other DISers Travelling to DLR in February:

SamKJ- 2/17- 2/22- Paradise Pier-celebrating DD2's 7th bday!
noladave- 2/21-2/25
SANDIEGOFAN- 2/9-2/12
kelmac284- 2/19-2/24
laui- 2/28-3/4-

Anyone else???

justkeepswimmin
11-21-2006, 09:36 AM
We have stayed there a few times and it is my favorite place to stay on Harbor. I do like HOJO's but with three little ones and being by myself most times, I LOVE the closeness of the Desert Inn and Suites. We get a 4 queen/2bath room for anywhere from $89-$129 depending on the season!

When I go with a friend and her kids, the 4 queen room sleeps 8 and we share. It is great to share an $89 rate, that's the only reason I am able to go quite a bit! It does have a breakfast, but it's nothing spectacular so I use it for milk and I bring cereal. My room has always been clean, I have never had one complaint or problem so far!

I would give it a try if I were you! Parking can be a bear, but that's the case with most of those properties at the crosswalk!

Thanks! That is so funny you say that about the Hojos. I love that hotel too but I last stayed there for a few days of our 2005 Vets Day weekend trip and was by myself with the kids. I remember thinking how much farther away it seemed.

Too bad we didn't meet while I was in Vegas as I did a few trips with just me and the kids and we could swapped tips or something. Actually, I really enjoyed those visits as they were so slow paced and allowed us to experience different things about DL. My oldest DD is a thrill ride junkie but since we had the baby and she was only 6 at the time, she could not ride anything and had to do things she would normally miss. I really miss that 4 hour drive! :sad:

MATTERHORN
11-21-2006, 01:05 PM
Thanks! That is so funny you say that about the Hojos. I love that hotel too but I last stayed there for a few days of our 2005 Vets Day weekend trip and was by myself with the kids. I remember thinking how much farther away it seemed.

Too bad we didn't meet while I was in Vegas as I did a few trips with just me and the kids and we could swapped tips or something. Actually, I really enjoyed those visits as they were so slow paced and allowed us to experience different things about DL. My oldest DD is a thrill ride junkie but since we had the baby and she was only 6 at the time, she could not ride anything and had to do things she would normally miss. I really miss that 4 hour drive! :sad:

That is too bad! Everyone seems to keep moving out of here though! My best friend just told me last night that her husband accepted a job in WA so they are gone in two months also! She was my DL buddy, we went a few times a year together so it's really gonna stink having her gone!

It's a shame we didn't meet when you lived here, that would have been fun. The HoJo's seems pretty far at the end of the day with three little ones, doesn't it? I take it if I can't find a crosswalk hotel for a decent price, but it's rough especially in the summer!

Bummer that we are just gonna miss you in February! How long is the drive from Phoenix? I have a friend that just moved back there and she might wanna meet me!

Andrea

Albort
11-21-2006, 01:10 PM
hahaha, the list makes me feel liks a rich boy going every weekend :rotfl:

justkeepswimmin
11-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Andrea-

I am in Tucson, which is about a 7 1/2 hr drive but I think Phoenix is more like a 6 hr drive, depending on traffic.

Oh, I just notcied your signature and congrats on your upcoming 1st trip to WDW! We just went for the 1st time and I loved it! It really is a whole new disney experience and just as addicting. Let me know if you need any tips although as you probably know, these boards are fantastic for WDW info.