PDA

View Full Version : Dole Whip vs. Dole Whip Float

Sthronds
11-10-2006, 02:38 PM
I always set a goal when I go to DL to do something I've never done. This years goal is to have a Dole Whip. I was looking around at menus on allearsnet.com and saw this:

Dole Whip Float $4.50

Pineapple Dole Whip $2.75

So, can someone please explain the difference! Thanks! :thumbsup2

spazzyjazzy
11-10-2006, 02:43 PM
A dole whip is just a plain dole whip. Still very yummy. The dole whip float has pineapple juice in it. Double yummy!

Sthronds
11-10-2006, 02:45 PM
A dole whip is just a plain dole whip. Still very yummy. The dole whip float has pineapple juice in it. Double yummy!

Ok, that makes sense. New question, are they blended with ice chunks or are they more like ice cream, really smooth?

spazzyjazzy
11-10-2006, 02:50 PM
They are smooth. No chunks. There is a picture of one in the food thread up top. They are the best!

Sthronds
11-10-2006, 03:19 PM
They are smooth. No chunks. There is a picture of one in the food thread up top. They are the best!

Thanks! :thumbsup2 Do you think I should look at the food thread before or after lunch? :teeth:

AZMickeyfans
11-10-2006, 03:51 PM
That's so funny. I'm glad you asked because I have the same goal for my trip next week. I've never had a Dole Whip but I hear people rave about them so I want to try. Been to DL hundreds of times but always passed on them. Now I can't wait to see what all the "hype" is about.

my3kids
11-10-2006, 03:57 PM
What is a plain dole whip if the dole whip float has pineapple juice??

mystic_path
11-10-2006, 04:02 PM
YUMMY! Dole Whips! I HATE pineapple... but Dole Whips are something that I can stomach and LOVE!!! For some reason these things are INCREDIBLE!!!! You cant go wrong getting one with pineapple juice in it.

got2travel
11-10-2006, 04:26 PM
A dole whip is soft service pineapple flavored ice cream. The pineapple is not an overpowering flavor. It's very refreshing.

A dole whip float, as others have stated, is the dole whip in pineapple juice, much like a rootbeer float. This is too much for me. The pineapple juice is pretty strong.

XTinabell
11-10-2006, 04:30 PM
YUMMY! Dole Whips! I HATE pineapple... but Dole Whips are something that I can stomach and LOVE!!! For some reason these things are INCREDIBLE!!!! You cant go wrong getting one with pineapple juice in it.
Good to know because I don't much care for pineapples either. But the picture I saw sure looked good, I'm gonna have to try one when I'm there.

mystic_path
11-10-2006, 04:40 PM
Good to know because I don't much care for pineapples either. But the picture I saw sure looked good, I'm gonna have to try one when I'm there.

Thats how I felt. I heard so much about dole whips on disboards, and figured that I had to find out what all the fuss was about. I am so happy I did.

GailT
11-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Ok, that makes sense. New question, are they blended with ice chunks or are they more like ice cream, really smooth?

They have the same consitency of a dairy queen =, they are delicious :santa:

Echo queen
11-10-2006, 07:40 PM
Ok, I will be sure to get a dole whip next month. :banana: :banana: Yes, I said next month :dance3:

Alex2kMommy
11-10-2006, 07:48 PM
I love pineapple, and was so looking forward to trying out the Dole Whip float. I was very thirsty and hot when I had one, and the pineapple juice just tasted too sweet. The pineapple ice cream was soooooo yummy, I wished I had just gotten a plain Dole Whip (or two!) I agree, the pineapple ice cream is a less intense flavor.

I'm really hungry now!

Misskitty3
11-10-2006, 11:50 PM
I love pineapple, and was so looking forward to trying out the Dole Whip float. I was very thirsty and hot when I had one, and the pineapple juice just tasted too sweet. The pineapple ice cream was soooooo yummy, I wished I had just gotten a plain Dole Whip (or two!) I agree, the pineapple ice cream is a less intense flavor.

I'm really hungry now!

This is how I felt too....way too sweet with the juice and I wished I had just gotten the whip.

lulubelle
11-11-2006, 12:46 AM
I only like Dole Whips on a hot day, they are just so refreshing! That said, I agree that the floats are not very good. The juice is too sweet and takes away from the frozen delight. And they are expensive whereas the Whip seems reasonably priced.

Sthronds
11-11-2006, 12:54 AM
You guys are awesome! You have solved the mystery of the Dole Whip and I know exactly what to get! Thanks!

Martha7
11-11-2006, 07:45 AM
I used to get the Dole Whip, but I disagree with the other posters on the floats. I love them, and find them much more refreshing on a hot day than the whip alone. I think the OP will need to set the goal of trying both, especially if the visit will be longer than one day. :goodvibes

my3kids
11-11-2006, 08:32 AM
I've decided, a simple whip for me!

azgal81
11-11-2006, 10:22 AM
I love the floats!

eatmypixiedust
11-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Dole whip floats are one of my disney must-haves! :thumbsup2

MouseDogMom
11-12-2006, 08:38 PM
After numerous trips to WDW, I'd never had a Dole Whip. Read about them over and over on the boards, so on my first trip to DL last summer I had my first Dole Whip, and immediately called DH and told him it was worth the drive to Florida just to get the Dole Whip! Went back the next day and got another, and am sitting here imagining I'm standing there with one in my hand right now... you MUST get a Dole Whip!

Sthronds
11-13-2006, 12:18 PM
I used to get the Dole Whip, but I disagree with the other posters on the floats. I love them, and find them much more refreshing on a hot day than the whip alone. I think the OP will need to set the goal of trying both, especially if the visit will be longer than one day. :goodvibes

I had just about decided to just get the Dole Whip but now you are telling me to try the float too? I don't know if I can handle it! I'll report back in and let you know what I decided when I get back. :teeth:

spazzyjazzy
11-13-2006, 09:24 PM
I had just about decided to just get the Dole Whip but now you are telling me to try the float too? I don't know if I can handle it! I'll report back in and let you know what I decided when I get back. :teeth:

Just get one of each! :thumbsup2

Siouxstone
11-13-2006, 09:47 PM
Ok, so I had to weigh in because I have a sister who will push aside small children and old grannies to get to the Dole counter. :worship: At some point in the 90's she switched from Dole Whips to Dole Floats. Now, she gets the Dole Float, but she has it made with the vanilla ice cream and the pineapple juice. It definitely makes her day! :love:

kaygela
11-13-2006, 11:12 PM
I really felt "frustrated" that I forgot to try it last year in WDW. I will definately remember to try it at DL next month. It's another thing to be excited about. :dance3:

SilverCeladon
11-14-2006, 02:16 PM
I have never had one either and my goal is to get one for me and my children when we go!

wishonstars
11-14-2006, 02:28 PM
Never had either, but plan to try both on an upcoming trip! :)

churchlady
11-15-2006, 07:50 AM
Our family of 5 tried both the Dole whip and the Dole float in October. The Dole float beats the whip hands down! :thumbsup2 It seems as though the juice fluffs up the ice cream and makes it even yummier! :goodvibes

And here is something else we discovered- :ssst: We almost entered the loooong line outside of the Tiki Room attraction, when the CM at the entrance told us some good news....if you enter the courtyard area at the Tiki Room, you have access to the Dole stand from the other side with little or no waiting! :banana: And you can even bring your Dole treat inside for the show! Now that's service! :yay: