PDA

View Full Version : Mid winter break

marydmjj
11-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Do schools in CA have a mid winter break in Feb? We are planning on a road trip to Disneyland :cheer2: and I want to avoid that week if needed.

Thanks!!!

Tink33
11-10-2006, 12:13 PM
We only get 2 days off in February for Washington and Lincoln's Birthdays. You will have year round schools in the area with time off in February.

Leofoenget
11-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Do schools in CA have a mid winter break in Feb? We are planning on a road trip to Disneyland :cheer2: and I want to avoid that week if needed.

Thanks!!!

Yes Presidents day week.We went last year it was very busy but doable. Go mid week it will be better tues-thurs. Avoid the actual day of presidents day.

ScrapperKimmyD
11-10-2006, 01:23 PM
you get a whole week for President's day?

WOW! I've never heard of that before. We only get 1 day.

I can't imagine it being a busy time of year anyway in Feb. Most students are in school, I think.

got2travel
11-10-2006, 01:50 PM
Yes, my son is so excited because he switched to pulic school this year and now gets a whole week in Feb. 2/19-23

justkeepswimmin
11-10-2006, 07:43 PM
Ah! THIS explains it! I just created a post re: our february trip and was wondering why some hotel dates were already booked for that week. I thought for sure this was going to be a slow week but looks like I may have to replan. I don't mind crowds but I am still recovering from our Veteran's Day Weekend 2005 Trip that had a "perfect storm" of the 50th celebration/ start of Holiday/ BIG cheerleading convention. We had a lot of fun but I really wanted to hit the parks at a quieter time this trip.

Thanks for the info!

Leofoenget
11-10-2006, 08:21 PM
you get a whole week for President's day?

WOW! I've never heard of that before. We only get 1 day.

I can't imagine it being a busy time of year anyway in Feb. Most students are in school, I think.

here is a chart listing the attendance levels for different times of year. As you can see Presidents day week is kind of crowded but it won't be dead.

http://www.scottware.com.au/theme/feature/crowds.htm