PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait to get out of the snow!!

XTinabell
11-10-2006, 04:12 AM
I have only five more sleeps until my trip and I can't wait because it's freezing here. It's currently -7 Celcius which I believe is 19Fahrenheit. The forecast for next week in Anaheim is looking pretty damn good to me!!
I told all my friends I was going to text message them pictures of me on Splash mountain while they're all in their winter gear shovelling snow off the drive! WOOHOO!
I'M SO EXCITED, I just had to share with all you fabulous people!!!!

tracyvansmith
11-10-2006, 08:34 AM
Hey xtinabell it is Ė18 Celsius here in northern Alberta. We are going in 3 weeks, I canít wait to be in the warm weather too. :cool1: Hope you have a fun and warm trip. :sunny:

tinkermell
11-10-2006, 09:57 AM
But it snows in DL too!!! HEE HEE!!! :rolleyes1 Have a wonderful time in "Winter Wonderland"!! :dance3:
PS Still bring your warm coats and blanket for sitting on for evening, in case the temp drops after the sun goes down. :tinker:

XTinabell
11-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Hey xtinabell it is Ė18 Celsius here in northern Alberta. We are going in 3 weeks, I canít wait to be in the warm weather too. :cool1: Hope you have a fun and warm trip. :sunny:
Oh wow that is cold. Thank god we can go places that are warm in the winter or I think I might die ;) Have a great trip!!!

disneegrl4eva
11-10-2006, 03:42 PM
PS Still bring your warm coats and blanket for sitting on for evening, in case the temp drops after the sun goes down. :tinker:

in case???? no its a definite...but pleaaaaase all you people in the snow....dont wear your shorts and sandals...us cali people cant handle the cold like your used to and just looking at you makes us freeze solid :rotfl:

darph nader
11-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Boy,sure makes me miss upper Michigan,(not). It was 87 degrees in town yesterday and the lower 80s now. :rolleyes1
btw, I do miss the chilly mornings in so.Cal.

XTinabell
11-10-2006, 04:33 PM
in case???? no its a definite...but pleaaaaase all you people in the snow....dont wear your shorts and sandals...us cali people cant handle the cold like your used to and just looking at you makes us freeze solid :rotfl:
lol. Don't worry I'm not one of those people. I actually adapt to the weather quite quickly and when you Cali people find the weather cold I will too. But honestly I shouldn't complain because just about anything beats the weather we're having right now.

tracyvansmith
11-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Well right now at 3:30pm it is 2F here so if it is 73F or high I will be in my shorts. :banana:

XTinabell
11-10-2006, 05:58 PM
Well right now at 3:30pm it is 2F here so if it is 73F or high I will be in my shorts. :banana:
lol. 73 F is definately a welcome change in temperature from 2F. We're having a chinook in Calgary right now but even still we're only at -3 C (26F). I was hoping the week that we're in sunny california there would be big snow storms here, but according to the forcast it looks like Calgary is going to have not bad weather. Not as good as I'll be having but still it's more fun when everyone else is stuck in a snow storm and I'm soaking in a hot tub.

dwelty
11-10-2006, 06:14 PM
Greetings from So Cal, it's 80 F here today. See you next week!

pppiglet
11-10-2006, 07:41 PM
Greetings from So Cal, it's 80 F here today. See you next week!

Yes...it cooled down yesterday to 72 or so, but back up to 80 today and sunny again! My DS went last night to DL and DTD and said it wasn't cold. Only after they got a little wet on Splash Mountain, then they were cold!

PrincessSitka
11-11-2006, 02:24 PM
I am wishing I was there. I have -22. I will have to ask Santa for warmer weather.

samkj
11-11-2006, 02:52 PM
Its rainy and 52 degrees here in Northern CA and I am absolutely FREEZING!! If I lived in Canada you would just have to bundle me under a down comforter or two, set up a roaring fire in the fireplace and put out a sign reading "Do not dusturb until spring!" Hibernating animals have the right idea...

Captjackson
11-11-2006, 08:52 PM
Guess it's all relative. It was raining and in the lower 50's when we left Portland yesterday. Today here in Anaheim it was cool and cloudy. Not shorts weather, but nothing to complain about where I come from. (I did wish I hadn't left my windbreaker in the hotel.) At least it's DRY!!!

Alex2kMommy
11-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Looks like the overnight lows are usually in the 40s this time of year, so definitely bring a sweatshirt at least. When we were there in late September, DH and I were comfortable in the mornings and evenings in shorts and t-shirts, but the boys had their sweatshirts on.

Delilah Bleu
11-11-2006, 10:23 PM
:goodvibes Have a great time and enjoy the mild weather.

mystic_path
11-11-2006, 10:41 PM
I feel you! I was in Disneyland in October and it was brilliantly warm. Now im back home and its FREEZING AND RAINGING CONSTANTLY! We had floods this past week in Vancouver BC. Its aweful and its damp, cold, and dark.

I just want to see palm trees again, and to see at least some sun. How I envy everyone going to Disneyland so soon.

XTinabell
11-11-2006, 10:57 PM
I feel you! I was in Disneyland in October and it was brilliantly warm. Now im back home and its FREEZING AND RAINGING CONSTANTLY! We had floods this past week in Vancouver BC. Its aweful and its damp, cold, and dark.

I just want to see palm trees again, and to see at least some sun. How I envy everyone going to Disneyland so soon.

Yeah I used to tell everyone I was moving to Vancouver because you guys don't get as much snow but everyone I talked to said the rain is worse because it doesn't let up for months. And rain makes me lazy but snow makes me depressed so I'm not sure which is worse. The government should pay for our trips south during the winter just to keep our sanity in this country.

mystic_path
11-11-2006, 11:18 PM
everyone I talked to said the rain is worse because it doesn't let up for months. And rain makes me lazy but snow makes me depressed so I'm not sure which is worse.

YUP thats how it is here. Its cold and wet and it doesnt stop raining for 7-8 months (Oct to April). Its extremely depressing. The perk though is that there are AMAZING deals for getaways to warmer climates for the horrible season. LOL but then you still have to come back home to it.

SilverCeladon
11-12-2006, 01:46 AM
Have a great time. It looks like we'll be there at the same time!

XTinabell
11-12-2006, 05:30 AM
Have a great time. It looks like we'll be there at the same time!
Oh cool! You guys are going to have so much fun!!! It my DH's first time too.