PDA

View Full Version : Meal vouchers?

ScrapperKimmyD
11-08-2006, 11:13 PM
I've heard that there is a meal-club-thing at WDW, then a friend said they have that at DL, too.

Then I just read here something about meal vouchers - I've not heard anything about that.

How does that work and do I need to do it???

hlbtimes2
11-08-2006, 11:22 PM
It is nothing like WDW's program. Its a voucher program. It does not save any money. Well, ok, it might save a couple dollars, but not enough to really count. Its a great budgeting tool if you want to plan in advance, but that is about it.

My family has used it a couple of times. We booked the trips way in advance, when we had a large chunk of money. Because we are horrible at saving, and I was afraid we would spend the money on something else, I bought the dinning program. Then I knew going into the trip that we had about $300 in meals paid for, and would not go hungry.

If you want more details about the program, let me knw and I 'll tell you more.

Misskitty3
11-08-2006, 11:24 PM
My understanding is that WDW has some "good deal" vouchers but DLR just has voucher which you purchase for face value. Basically at DLR, you pay $20 and get a meal voucher for $20.00. There isn't any benefit to you for getting the voucher. Another thing to note is that the voucher cannot be used outside of DL & DCA, so if you want to have a meal at IHOP or at one of the restaurants in Downtown Disney, you cannot use your vouchers.

I don't think you can get change back from vouchers either. For instance, you use a $5 voucher to buy a churro (which costs $3.00) and you will not be given $2.00 back for the difference.

Others, please jump in and correct me if I am wrong on anything.....Thanks!

ScrapperKimmyD
11-08-2006, 11:32 PM
Well, if it's no 'deal', then there is no point it getting it. I'll just use my Disney Visa when I can and get rewarded that way!

Thanks for the info!

Albort
11-09-2006, 02:23 AM
your right, those meal vouchers dont really do much... they are mainly used as complimentary...

and yes, we cannot give you the refund of meal voucher, but lets say its $5 voucher... we certainly let you buy more than it is worth and you pay the difference. that way you wont waste the extra ammount :)

staley7580
11-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Thats what we did. I loved them and will do it again, it makes it easier for us to be able to pay for everything up front.