PDA

View Full Version : There's a recorded message on my answering machine from Laura Bush!

DeterminedOne
11-06-2006, 11:44 AM
It was a message asking for support for Republicans in tomorrow's election. Ha! That was a waist of a phone call! Her message did nothing but annoy me. Done now - just wanted to vent.

auntpolly
11-06-2006, 11:48 AM
LOL she called me too at lunch time - what did she say to you? I hung up on her!

All the republicans are calling me - I got 7 calls this morning. Can't wait for tomorrow to be over!!!!!!

DeterminedOne
11-06-2006, 11:56 AM
LOL she called me too at lunch time - what did she say to you? I hung up on her!

All the republicans are calling me - I got 7 calls this morning. Can't wait for tomorrow to be over!!!!!!

"The President and I urge you to vote for Republicans that share our values ... protecting families ... education for our children ... lower taxes" ... blah, blah, blah!!

BillSears
11-06-2006, 12:11 PM
Big Deal!!!!!! Laura Bush is just the First Lady.

I got to hang up on Bill Clinton today!!!!! :rotfl2:

momof2inPA
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
Bill Clinton called me, too.

Chicago526
11-06-2006, 12:17 PM
I don't know how I'm getting so lucky. I've gotten no calls from anyone! But then my number is unpublished...

How anoying, from both sides! :(

Fitswimmer
11-06-2006, 12:28 PM
God help the independants-they're getting calls from Bill AND Laura!!!

I hung up on somebody Saturday morning, caller id said "unknown name, unknown number". That's my one morning to sleep in, if there's not blood or fire I don't want to know!!

auntpolly
11-06-2006, 12:39 PM
"The President and I urge you to vote for Republicans that share our values ... protecting families ... education for our children ... lower taxes" ... blah, blah, blah!!

Isn't that just like her! You know, that girl never calls unless she wants somehthing! Never, "Let's go to lunch!" or "How's your day going?" It's always, "Share my values, vote, taxes, blah, blah, blah". I'm starting to think she really doesn't think of me as a friend! :sad2:

Toby'sFriend
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
They are worse than any telemarketer.

Actually be glad you just got a recording because if you actually get a human trying to read from a script, any attempt at all of intelligent conversation is bound to lead them into a frantic tizzy.

Of course the way things are going, I fully expect that by 2008 all Political canvassing calls will have been outsourced to India and we'll all be stuck explaining to "Skip" that we just want to be left alone!

Luv'sTink
11-06-2006, 02:55 PM

Me too! :thumbsup2

I don't like that any of them call!

LisaNJ25
11-06-2006, 02:59 PM
Couldnt of been more annoying than getting Joe Piscapo 2 days in a row.

DVC-Don
11-06-2006, 03:15 PM
We've had both Hillary and Bill call here lately. It's fun to hang up on them.

petrymom
11-06-2006, 03:32 PM
I have had 4 republicans call me today. Does this mean they are hard up for the vote or what???????

CarolG
11-06-2006, 03:44 PM
Not only did I have a message on my answering machine from Laura Bush when I got home, I also had one from George W. Bush, Sonny Perdue (Republican governor of Georgia running for re-election), and one from some unidentified representative of the Republican National Committee.

No Democrats, though. :confused3

CourtasanSatine
11-06-2006, 04:09 PM
It's more fun hanging up on them

Charade
11-06-2006, 04:13 PM
No phone calls (that I know of) but we did have a "good little republican" show up the door this weekend. :thumbsup2

Peter Pirate 2
11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
I knew the Keys were a bit behind the times but I got a call from Ross Perot today? :confused3 :confused3 :confused3
:happytv:

pirate:

My2Cinderellas
11-06-2006, 04:21 PM
DH and I have a mixed marriage, politically. He's starting to see the light but hasn't changed his registration :rotfl:

Add in living in Iowa and we get every known caller out there...the rest of you all get a reprieve for a while after the elections tomorrow, but we in Iowa keep right on going. It's only a year to the caucuses, don't ya know!

the best are when the "opposition" calls for DH with a real live person, if I have time it's fun to mess with 'em and then finally cackle and hang up.

Pin Wizard
11-06-2006, 04:23 PM
I knew you had to be something other than Republican when I read the thread title. LOL!

Today a coworker played the message that Bill Clinton left on her home recorder. LOLOLOL!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Fat chance of her voting anything else than what she usually does. :thumbsup2

DisneyFan06
11-06-2006, 04:25 PM

I hung up on him too. That was a major waste of a call. I would have loved to get a call from Laura. Odd, I am a registered republican and Clinton gave me a call. Clinton, are you still confused?

Pin Wizard
11-06-2006, 04:26 PM
the best are when the "opposition" calls for DH with a real live person, if I have time it's fun to mess with 'em and then finally cackle and hang up.
I loved my friend's husband's response when the opposition showed up on Caller ID. He picked up the phone, said...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!, and hung up. LOL!
:sunny:

Colorado Mom
11-06-2006, 05:47 PM
We got George 3 times yesterday, Laura today. Dick Cheny a few times. ack! I want to be on the no call list.

eclectics
11-06-2006, 06:10 PM
I'd love to hang up on Laura, but no calls. I should be thankful! :teeth: