PDA

View Full Version : AAA Booking Perks?

Momof4girls
11-04-2006, 02:51 PM
Are there perks to buying your tickets and booking your hotel through AAA if you're staying offsite at a "good neighbor" resort?

Do they offer diamond parking like at WDW?

hlbtimes2
11-04-2006, 03:46 PM
Depending on your AAA office, the price might be slightly less then booking elsewhere. And you will get free parking in the DL parking lot/ garage. You would also get all the perks of booking thru disney travel- one early entry, toon town morning, pins/ lanyard, lugage tags.

disneegrl4eva
11-04-2006, 04:11 PM
You would also get all the perks of booking thru disney travel- one early entry, toon town morning, pins/ lanyard, lugage tags.

yeah but all of them go through WDTC and get the same perks....I have AAA, and Costco...those 2, and including WDTC directly have everything listed above...in the past Ive used AAA often but this time around I went with Costco because 1. they give a free character breakfast and you get to choose which one you want to do(any of the hotel character breakfasts or Plaza Inn in the park) 2. Im getting a $20 gift card and 3. they were actually cheaper than AAA...the only good thing to me about AAA is the free parking (which I dont need because I always stay either onsite or at Sheraton*free shuttle*) and if you stay at one of the DLR hotels you can get unlimited fast pass...which again I dont really utilize anyway :confused3 if your not staying on property then the only perk is the free parking at DL...

Momof4girls
11-04-2006, 04:48 PM
Okay - I'm lost already! LOL

So, if I book through AAA - or Costco (both of which we have) - what, exactly are my perks? Is that ONLY for the Disneyland hotels or is it also for the area hotels?

Do I have to order a hotel/ticket package through them like Disneyworld or can I stay in a hotel nearby and still get perks?

disneegrl4eva
11-04-2006, 05:04 PM
Okay - I'm lost already! LOL

So, if I book through AAA - or Costco (both of which we have) - what, exactly are my perks? Is that ONLY for the Disneyland hotels or is it also for the area hotels?

Do I have to order a hotel/ticket package through them like Disneyworld or can I stay in a hotel nearby and still get perks?

sorry lol...ok whether you book with Costco, AAA, or WDTC direct...you are going to get one early entry, toon town morning, pins/ lanyard, lugage tags....and this is whether you stay on site or not
if you book through AAA you will also get free parking at DL park..and they also give an extra perk if you stay onsite at the disneyland resort hotels by giving unlimited fast passes (but that perk is ending in Jan)...also if you stay at the dlr hotels you can get early entry every day it is offered(all days except sat and wed.) not just once and it doesnt matter which company you book through...I booked with Costco because they were cheaper than any of the above and I am getting a free character breakfast plus a $20 disney gift card with it...I dont need the parking for AAA or the unlimited fastpasses so the AAA extra perks wouldnt benefit me...hope you understand better

lor
11-04-2006, 05:15 PM
HI, DO you know if these perks are offered if you book with CAA, (AAA affiliate in Canada?? I booked my, tickets and offsite hotel, through CAA here in CAnada, and I did not get any of the perks mentioned except one early entry. The travel agent I dealt with was not very informative though. Maybee a fellow Canadain that booked with CAA can let me know??
Lor

Momof4girls
11-04-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks - I'll try to use AAA since that's my husband's work travel agent. :) Looks like that will be a good set of perks for our needs! :thumbsup2

LOVEDISNEYLAND
11-04-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks - I'll try to use AAA since that's my husband's work travel agent. :) Looks like that will be a good set of perks for our needs! :thumbsup2

I've heard from a lot of other people that AAA gives unlimited fast passes. Now....... I'm not sure :confused3 if you get special fast pass for all the rides even the ones that don't have fast passes or if this just applies to the ones that do. I was thinking that we will book through AAA next time just for all the extra perks :)

HydroGuy
11-04-2006, 11:28 PM
I've heard from a lot of other people that AAA gives unlimited fast passes. Now....... I'm not sure :confused3 if you get special fast pass for all the rides even the ones that don't have fast passes or if this just applies to the ones that do. I was thinking that we will book through AAA next time just for all the extra perks :)The "unlimited" aka Enhanced FP will no longer be available come January 2007.

samkj
11-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Am I right is saying the only extra perk for a AAA package in 2007 is the parking, everything else is included in a standard Walt Disney Travel company package?

Booking with Costco will get you a character breakfast and $20 gift card (I'm not sure if this promo has an expiration or not) PLUS all the Walt Disney Travel perks.

disneegrl4eva
11-05-2006, 04:06 PM
Am I right is saying the only extra perk for a AAA package in 2007 is the parking, everything else is included in a standard Walt Disney Travel company package?

Booking with Costco will get you a character breakfast and $20 gift card (I'm not sure if this promo has an expiration or not) PLUS all the Walt Disney Travel perks.

you are correct :thumbsup2