PDA

View Full Version : What is the best deal you have found on this board?

HappyLawyer
11-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Ok, first it was a free carry on bag with any purchase, i ordered a pair of earrings for $1.99 and got a free carry on. I ordered 6 different items in all and gave some of the carry on's away as gifts.

Skyauction, how can i forget about them? Mousesavers Newsletter and finally is the rolling cooler i found for $10 bucks, i love the way we shut that site down, posted it on the dis and they sold out,
(They have no idea of our POWER) :moped:

disneyfan'ole
11-01-2006, 08:35 PM
The free senseo machine I got!! My best deal!! Plus all the little freebies that I got to use on our mini vacations!!

MommyMouse
11-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I hate to sound corny, but my best deal is the wonderful people on this board :grouphug: Everyone is so willing to help and share their experiences as well as taking the time to post ways for us all to save the almighty dollar. If I ever am home alone and feel a bit blue, I know right where to go :love: Since Thanksgiving is the focus this month, this gives me the chance to say THANKS!
HAPPY LAWYER, you are right......we've got the power! :moped:

toystoryduo
11-01-2006, 09:27 PM
One of my best Disney deals was the Courtyard by Marriott's (Downtown Disney) $20.03 rate in 2003. That great rate allowed us to do two Disney trips that year! :thumbsup2

Also, I love the freebies thread! I have gotten a lot of great stuff for free ! :thumbsup2

BethR
11-01-2006, 09:34 PM
I hate to sound corny, but my best deal is the wonderful people on this board :grouphug:

Awwwwww! :goodvibes

BethR
11-01-2006, 09:36 PM
One of my best Disney deals was the Courtyard by Marriott's (Downtown Disney) $20.03 rate in 2003.

Yep! We took advantage of that one! It was a goodie! And that Free Dining thing. Hard to top that one (when you have 4 "adults" in one value resort room!)

JuneChickie
11-01-2006, 09:37 PM
my best deal was finding out how to become a bzzzzz agent and because of
that I have gotten some really neat things to try for free.

Including some free "turkey" for this Thanksgiving.

deide71
11-01-2006, 09:59 PM
The Princess TV and DVD player half off at Target last year.

They were my DD favorite Christmas gifts!

dreamalittledream
11-01-2006, 10:30 PM
the Senso and the 44.00 Princess TV from Home Depot, that will be for this year's Christmas!

HappyLawyer
11-01-2006, 10:53 PM
What is a senso people?

NeedaVacation03
11-01-2006, 11:16 PM
The Disney TV from Sears last fall for $25.00 thanks to a sears typing error :cool1:

aka-mad4themouse
11-02-2006, 04:30 AM
What is a senso people?
Senseo is a pod coffeemaker. A while back, they offered free machines. I guess the idea is that you will purchase their coffee pods in the future. It was an awesome deal if you like to make your coffee one cup at a time.

As for the best deal for me, I'd have to say it was the educator/homeschooler discount at the Apple Store. Last year, I got DS14 and DD16 their iPods thru that link. Not only did I get them at a good price, Apple engraved them for free! I may have had other deals that saved me more money but that was one of the ones that made me the happiest.

sammielynn
11-02-2006, 06:34 AM
My best are: $.99 beach towels from Disney shopping, Skyauction two bed room condo for $265 and learning about Sunshine Rewards.

nbodyhome
11-02-2006, 06:47 AM
Last Christmas day, a Saratoga Springs studio for $38 plus tax.

HayGan
11-02-2006, 07:42 AM
Mine would be my Mickey Mouse TV from Sears that I got in 2004. Can't say how much it cost but I will say that it was by far the best deal I have ever gotten here :teeth:

grlpwrd
11-02-2006, 07:45 AM
Well, my best deal from here is from DisneySteve regarding the Marriott Bonus Bucks. I didn't really know about them until he posted. Thanks!

I have been dealhunting since 1998 when there were many more deals out there. Not saying I haven't found a great deal because of these boards, but sadly they have really dried up. I remember the days of getting free Dunkin Donuts coffee and great freebies from places like drugstore.com and free shoes, too. Oh, how I long for those days. lol

jennifer293
11-02-2006, 10:51 AM
My best are: $.99 beach towels from Disney shopping, Skyauction two bed room condo for $265 and learning about Sunshine Rewards.

I second the $.99 beach towels!! :cool1:

mymickeyhouse
11-02-2006, 10:59 AM
The 99 cent pool towels from Disney shopping. It was an error, but they honored it.

:thumbsup2

maddhatir
11-02-2006, 12:35 PM
I only go on the freebie boards- but some of those magazines are a great deal- free for a year!-

DH gets a bunch of auto related mags- boating (such as Cruising World) I get Log Home Living- Antiques- Hoticulture- it would cost you a fortune to pay for those types of mags for a year.....and we get them free! :banana:

I think I am going to have to lurk around more on the budget board for good deals and broaden my horizons- right now if it isnt free I dont want it! :lmao:

Grumpy's Gal
11-02-2006, 01:00 PM
One of my best Disney deals was the Courtyard by Marriott's (Downtown Disney) $20.03 rate in 2003.
:thumbsup2

This was DEFINITELY my best deal. We stayed there for 5 nights. That allowed us to save enough money that the morning we checked out of there, we went over to animal kingdom lodge and stayed there two nights. Without that deal, we would have likely been in a value hotel the whole time. I was really excited getting to stay in AK Lodge. It was like a dream. Although, I kept thinking.....one night at AK Lodge cost more than our whole bill at the Marriott for 5 nights!

dsnymomof4
11-02-2006, 01:37 PM
My favorite was a free DVR from Directv - only had to pay postage ($14.99 I think). I don't know how I ever watched TV without it!

Microcell
11-02-2006, 02:00 PM
Free dining made my last trip possible!

budbeerlady
11-02-2006, 03:09 PM
I second the $.99 beach towels!! :cool1:

Gotta agree, we had a lilo and stitch birthday party and gave these as thank-you gifts. Looked very nice and only $.99. (I had bought 20)

TENIA66
11-02-2006, 03:18 PM
my black friday buddies and my freebie friends

maddhatir
11-02-2006, 03:23 PM
my black friday buddies and my freebie friends

:grouphug:

mrsbornkuntry
11-02-2006, 03:24 PM
It's kinda hard to say, I've gotten alot from here, but the one that comes to mind right now while I'm in Christmas shopping/toy mode are the Hasbro codes and the amazon toy clearance over the summer.

HALEYSMOMMOM
11-02-2006, 04:14 PM
I too, have gotten lots of good deals. But I have to say the best thing I have gotten was Halloween party tickets for free for my whole family from a very generous dis'er!!! She even mailed them to our room at the resort for us priority mail, and insured, I believe, and refused to accept anything in return.

maddhatir
11-02-2006, 04:18 PM
I too, have gotten lots of good deals. But I have to say the best thing I have gotten was Halloween party tickets for free for my whole family from a very generous dis'er!!! She even mailed them to our room at the resort for us priority mail, and insured, I believe, and refused to accept anything in return.

wow- now thats some pixie dust! :tink: good for you!

annsteere
11-02-2006, 04:32 PM
10 round trip tickets on AirTran for the cost of 4 medium sized drinks. I heard about that Wendy's promotion on this board and worked it for all it was worth.

150 2 liter bottles of Coke is probably the second best, but it would have to compete with a studio at Calypso Cay and full breakfast for 4 adults for $49 per night.

This board is my mini-vacation too. Sometimes you just have to look reality square in the face---and deny it. When things feel like a grind, I come to this website for a 15 minute getaway. You guys rock!

Jeanne B
11-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I just received my FREE 2GB silver iPod nano today thanks to a post this summer by amp078. :thumbsup2 All I had to do was open a checking account with Key Bank (no monthly fee). I didn't order checks for it, I only use it to direct deposit my weekly "allowance" so my new iPod didn't cost me a red cent!! :banana:

ceecee
11-13-2006, 10:33 PM
The Disney TV from Sears last fall for $25.00 thanks to a sears typing error :cool1:
That was my best deal too. The 19" color Mickey TV. I ordered and picked it up in 3 hours and then find out it was an error when I came back to post how neat it was.

JerseyGirl84
11-13-2006, 10:38 PM
#1 - $20.03/room Marriot in downtown disney. We're a family of 6, so we need two rooms, so we saved alot.

#2 - $100 Docker deals with freebies - free Tivo and free portable DVD player. I ordered the Dockers on line at JC Penney and got a free shipping code off the board as well.

#3 - MCD code for the Disney on Ice shows (when they used to give you $10 tickets). We took the 4 kids and paid about $70+ with fees. I didn't feel bad about the souvenirs. Plus the seats were great.

#4 - All the other codes - Yankee candle, American Girl, Hasbro, Kohls, Bath and Body Works, Toys r us coupons, etc. How about the free slippers from Bluefly last year!

#5 - great advice from fellow budget board members - you are the greatest!

jgates
11-14-2006, 12:24 AM
Anyone know if that teacher discount is anything Apple is offering again?

mrszrw
11-14-2006, 05:45 AM
The princess tv this year at home depot.

Emme
11-14-2006, 07:14 AM
Definately would be the $20.03 for the Marriott near Downtown Disney!! That was just amazing :sunny:

Jeanne B
11-14-2006, 07:18 AM
Anyone know if that teacher discount is anything Apple is offering again?

If you're referring specifically to iPods there was a post a week or so back about this. Someone called Apple and was told they're no longer offering the education discounts on iPod nanos due to them being better quality than the old style but at the same price (or something like that).:(

DisneyMomJen
11-14-2006, 07:40 AM
The Stay for 7 nights and pay for 4 when you used your Disney Visa about 2 years ago. 5 of us (really 6 since my youngest was 2) stayed at the Poly Lagoon View Concierge with Park Hoppers for $3200. That was the best deal!

I also got in on the Disney Beach towels for .99!

Misty89
11-14-2006, 07:42 AM
My best ever deal went with long ago ( and much loved - and long to go again :sad2: ) disney trip. 2 years ago next week we went to WDW for a wonderful week trip and stayed at the Contemporary resort with a 50% off room code :banana:
thanks agin for the great info and help that person gave us! we saved so much money on the room we were able to make it the best vacation we ever had! We enjoyed alot of special treats we would not have gotten paying full price for the room :cloud9:

Tina

kinntj
11-14-2006, 08:25 AM
The American Girl 70% off Hopscotch Hill dolls; which will be for Christmas and birthdays.
The Disney Princess TV and DVD player from Home Depot-kids will open this Christmas!!!
The Disney Stitch and Nemo towels for .99 each

Thanks DIS budget board for saving me money!!!

pyrxtc
11-14-2006, 08:27 AM
How about the 98 cents rooms last year that you had to pay a penny to upgrade to a pool view room. yeah, the hotel wasn't done on time but when could you get away with payin $10 for a weeks hotel stay??!!

Above that would be my senseo, sonicare brush and Mickey Tv from last year which i paid a total of 430 for tv and DVD player.

amp078
11-14-2006, 08:37 AM
As I am sitting by the computer, sipping a cup of Senseo coffee, :coffee: I would have to say the free Senseo!

The $.99 beach towels are a close second. I still can't believe disneyshopping honored their mistake!!

I also enjoy the Target deals that people post from time to time. I love to go on a "treasure hunt" at my local Target from time to time!

But how can I forget the 200+ bottles of Coke I won this year! We still have about 30 bottles in the basement- perfect for the upcoming holiday parties!

:thanks: :disrocks:

aclov
11-14-2006, 09:51 AM
I learned about Sunshine Rewards, PineCone Research and BzzAgent through here :thumbsup2 Since these are ongoing I'd have to mention these. :goodvibes I also love all the tips, freebies, codes and just coming to the DIS boards - it's exciting to see what the posts and replys are. :cheer2:

drakethib
11-14-2006, 10:04 AM
It is hard to say but I guess it is all the advice you get on this board.

If I am about ot make a major purchase I post and ask people about their views on the item before I make the purchase.

I usually get a bunch of helpful suggestions and someone always can tell me the cheapest place to buy it.

KarenAylwood
11-14-2006, 10:24 AM
It wasn't really my best "deal" but one of the best things I've found out about through this board is ING. Having that account has helped me to greatly improve my savings.

And of course the great financial advice (Disneysteve comes to mind) that I find on here. You all inspired me to look closer at my spending, make a budget and find ways to save better.

For deals:
-FREE DINING- I wasn't actively looking at the restaurant or attractions board so I wouldn't have known without the budget board! It made it possible for my mom and I to take a wonderful unexpected mother-daughter trip this year! :goodvibes

-"Free silver jewelry"- I'm still addicted even though the thread hasn't been around for a while. Great jewelry at $5.99 a piece!

-The hidden 90% off items at Target after xmas last year. Bought about 20 glade apple crisp candles for 23 cents a piece, among other things! :thumbsup2

-The freebies- free travel-size stuff to bring to Disney with me!

-Pinecone Research- got in through a link on here a little over a year ago! :teeth:

wdwluver
11-14-2006, 11:12 AM
Last Christmas day, a Saratoga Springs studio for $38 plus tax.

I was able to take advantage of that $38 deal too last year. :cool1:

Robinrs
11-14-2006, 12:14 PM
I've been here a WHILE but the best advice I ever got on this board is what is still supporting me to this day.... EBAY!!!

I used to moderate this board a while back and C. Ann posted a thread about how to start on eBay. I was a single Mom that just lost her job and both parents. All of their STUFF was delivered by UHaul to my front door. I started putting up their old stuff one by one and before I knew it I was supporting my son and myself with the money I was making!

That was 4 years ago!

I have since gotten back into my profession (broadcasting) but still do eBay as a side job. I say it pays my "betties" while by job pays my "bills".... ;)

Also, I learned how to do Priceline here. My most memorable stay was at the Marriott Orlando World Center with my dear friend and her newly adopted daughter. I will NEVER forget the look on that girls' eyes when she saw that hotel!! And we got it for $60 a night!!

The deals are way too numerous to name. I have literally saved THOUSANDS of dollars since finding the DIS back in 1998 ... and 32 trips later I could NOT do it without it! :thumbsup2

becca-becca
11-14-2006, 12:28 PM
I am new to the budget boards. When was the princess tv/dvd deal at Home Depot? Does anyone else know of another deal like that?

MUFFYCAT
11-14-2006, 12:42 PM
I've had a few favorites, it's hard to pick just one

1. Disney cordless phones 2 for $15
2. The 1.99 earrings with the carry on just like the OP said
3. The donation to American cancer Society of $25.00
for Reeboks sneakers.
They're worn, but I stll wear at times.

JerseyGirl84
11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
I forgot to add the free coke. I think I got about 130 bottles and shared some with family.

Also the free silver jewelry site is great, although I haven't ordered from there in awhile.

elf
11-15-2006, 09:59 AM
I was always a little late when it came to the "deals" like the .99 towels, Sears TV, and a few others. But I've saved so much money and time from here.
When I started talking about moving, I got all kinds of information and advice schools, towns, churches, etc that I just couldn't have gotten anywhere else and helped influence our decisions.

This is the best place to get advice, reviews and deals about gadgets, shows, big ticket items, etc

I can't think of another place like this, where different people from all over the US getting together to help each other. It's great! Big thanks to everyone. :grouphug:

KarenAylwood
11-15-2006, 10:06 AM
I forgot to add the free coke. I think I got about 130 bottles and shared some with family.

Also the free silver jewelry site is great, although I haven't ordered from there in awhile.

Duh! I forgot to add the free coke too! I'm still drinking mine! :thumbsup2

I hadn't been doing the free jewelry for a while... until a few new girls at work commented on some of the jewelry I was wearing, so I've started again and ordered about 3 or 4 things in the past two weeks - their new setup is great- you can see what's coming up next about twenty items ahead now!

Twende
11-15-2006, 10:52 AM
Our best idea from here was the Wendy's/Coke/AirTran plane tickets! That worked out so well for my family and we were able to have the kids see their grandparents, go to our oldest DD's college graduation, and then expand the celebration into a Disney trip! :thumbsup2

I also loved the advise I got years ago about Q & C and VKL food vouchers. That also saved us big time money! :cool1:

The Coke Olympics deal was fantastic and we are still reaping the benfits from that with the MyCokeRewards points! :banana:

I love the freebies threads. I have no idea :confused3 how you all find these offers but I love them!

I have learned so much about Disney World itself from these boards. I had no idea of codes and ways to split meals and get Mousesaver Discounts on tickets! :cheer2:

The other great thing I have learned was about rental cars and codes for them. That has saved our family so much money and made it possible for us to have a car when ordinarily we would not have been able to afford one! :goodvibes

I :love: you DISBOARDS! :wave:

jillyjoey
11-15-2006, 11:09 AM
Lots of good deals rec'd on here -- but best deal was Home Depot Princess TV & DVD. Wow --

shades
11-15-2006, 11:25 AM
- Last years bluefly.com deal - $20 off first order with no min purchase required and free shipping. I got 3 orders through before that deal ended and got a sterling silver photo frame and 2 sets of silver jeweled horderve picks - completely FREE. :thumbsup2

- disneyshopping laptop cases for $11 each with free shipping (they are on sale for $6.99 right now but appear to be out of stock).

- Free under "things" from hanes and no-nonsense

- Sunshine Rewards - I've got lots of Disney Dollars back by shopping through this site and some referral dollars, too! :goodvibes

- Home Depot princess tv & dvd player (about $44 & $28 each, I think)

There's just too many things to list! I check this board every day and sometimes multiple times a day because of all the great deals I find thanks to kind Dis posters! :goodvibes

DizneyDogs
11-15-2006, 12:50 PM
The $9 bears at Bath and Body Works online last year that were regulary $150 along with the 75% glitch