PDA

View Full Version : Ever sell Southwest Airlines credit on ebay?

SplshMtn99
11-01-2006, 04:19 PM
I have 2 Southwest Ticketless Funds that will expire 6/5/07. One for $187.20 & one for $177.20 (total $364.40). I tried to get a refund, but no go since non-refundable. Hey, can't blame me for trying.

The SWA lady suggested I "give" them to someone for Christmas...so they could fly somewhere or they could fly to visit me. Nice suggestion, but I'm honestly looking to get some money back, not give someone such a nice big gift. :rotfl:

I see on ebay, that people sell their Southwest credit. I've never sold anything on ebay, but I have a 100% buying rating. :teeth: I've read some of the ads for people selling, & some say they will book the flights for you (need flyers name......)...and some say they will email the winner (after payment received) the Ticketless Funds # & credit card holders name so the winner can book own tickets.

Which is better for me to do? What could go wrong with either method?
One mentioned they would take paypal, but not by credit card due to fees?? What's that all about?

I have paypal, & was hoping to do this all thru online.

What kind of fees can I expect from listing on ebay & accepting paypal?

This all seems like such a pain in the BUTT. I wish I knew someone who was flying & could just use them & re-imburse me. I've asked friends & family, but no takers yet.

Any other suggestions?

BTW: Mods, please don't delete my post. I'm not trying to sell them here. I'm looking for ways to list on ebay with method that will protect me & the buyer. And how to do that without it costing me alot in fees. thanks.

wmackleit
11-01-2006, 04:28 PM
I fly SWA 2-3 times a year. I will probably be buying some tickets this month.

mom23boys
11-01-2006, 05:17 PM
I was just going to post the same thing

We have 2 $100 LUV vouchers I wanted to sell on Ebay. So I listed them this morning and ebay sent me a message saying I could not sell them. Something about I put the word "ticket" in the title. But I did not.

I had been watching an auction for the same items I have and two were sold a few days ago.

Any help for me too would be appreciated.

Sharon

ETA: Mods: I am not looking to sell them here and I do not want to mess up the OPs post I am just looking for some advice.

drgnfly30
11-01-2006, 05:30 PM
I sold some Airtran vouchers & it was a royal pain... you can only post one at a time & have to wait a certain time before you can post another (one every 30 days if I recall)...and yes you can't advertise them as 'tickets'. If you want to sell more at one time, you have to become Square Trade certified but signing up for it isn't enough you have to email someone to inquire about being Travel certified, but everytime I sent the email inquiring what I needed to do, I'd get a response that I didn't need to be.. all I needed to do is follow the rules about posting no more than one..yadda.. yeah I know but I wanted to sell all four at once so what do I need to do???? Canned response yet again... I eventually got rid of all of them but not for as much as I would have had I been able to sell them together....

ETA: You might try posting them on Craigs List

SplshMtn99
11-01-2006, 05:40 PM
I hadn't thought of Craigslist even though I have some large items I am about ready to list there. duh.

Ebay sounds list so much trouble. Maybe that's why I keep avoiding looking into selling there.

BTW, what is a Southwest LUV ticket?

mom23boys
11-01-2006, 07:30 PM
I hadn't thought of Craigslist even though I have some large items I am about ready to list there. duh.

Ebay sounds list so much trouble. Maybe that's why I keep avoiding looking into selling there.

BTW, what is a Southwest LUV ticket?

I forgot about Craigslist too. A SW LUV voucher was sent to DH and I for a flight we took in late Sept that was delayed 2 hours on Philly's runway. I think it was SW way of saying thank you for our patience.

We thought we were going to WDW next summer, but my oldest DS is going to overnight camp in Maine so we are going to vacation in New England next summer.

Good Luck Selling your voucher.

SplshMtn99
11-01-2006, 07:36 PM
WOW!! That was awefully nice of them. I had to complain up & down to US Air when our flight home was cancelled due to their mechanical problems. They got us on a flight home the next day (they paid hotel & 1 meal), THEN THAT flight aborted take-off (by slamming on brakes at 100 mph) also due to mechanical problems. Alot of nervous people. 3 hrs later, they find us all another plane that we & luggage & meals all need to change over to after they clean it.

Needless to say, we got home over 24 hrs later. My nerves were SHOT!!! Think about it. 2 planes with mechanical problems. All everyone got was free drinks on the plane. :rolleyes:

We finally received $50 vouchers each. :rolleyes:

HayGan
11-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I sold my SW credits on craigslist. It was easy and FREE :thumbsup2

Lewisc
11-01-2006, 07:40 PM
I don't think you're allowed to sell them and ebay pulls some of the auctions. For a credit you just give the information to the buyer and let them make their own reservations.

You really should try to find a friend or relative that could use it. I understand the "going price" is around 90% of face but a relative might be willing to give you full value.

HayGan
11-01-2006, 07:45 PM
I don't think you're allowed to sell them and ebay pulls some of the auctions. For a credit you just give the information to the buyer and let them make their own reservations.

You really should try to find a friend or relative that could use it. I understand the "going price" is around 90% of face but a relative might be willing to give you full value.

You can sell refund credits but not vouchers/rapid rewards credits on ebay.

SplshMtn99
11-01-2006, 07:46 PM

Really, I read more than 5 ads just this afternoon clearly stating Southwest Airline Credit or Southwest Airline Vouchers right in the title. And the ads were VERY clear as to what you were buying & how it would all be handled after payment was received. :confused3

There was even a voucher with a photo.

There were probably more, I stopped looking at the search results after pg 2.

SplshMtn99
11-01-2006, 07:49 PM
Sounds like Craigslist will be the place if no one else comes thru. Thanks.

mom2kazkids
11-01-2006, 09:16 PM
I sold mine on Ebay, you cannot list as tickets, or mention tickets in your auction, and if you have more than one you can only post one in an auction, and only list one auction every 30 days. I did not know the only one in 30 days rule, and had my auctions pulled due to listing two at once.

I think I had a total of $858 in credit, that I sold for $750.00.

Barb