PDA

View Full Version : Best gift ideas for 4-5 year old boys.... Please!!!

tycopj
11-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Hello all! I've been without a computer for a while, but I'm back with my new surprise computer thanks to my husband :banana:

Anyway, I would love some of your gift ideas for 4 to 5 year old boys. I can't seem to narrow it down to anything!

I need big and little gift ideas, we need an idea to send to Santa, ideas for family members who are asking and of course we (mom and dad) need to get our little guy some gifts too.

Please let me know what are the MUST HAVE toys/gifts for little boys! Especially those that don't end up in the bottom of the toy box or shoved under the bed.

Thanks so much!

scoochie75
11-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Hi -

My ds is going to turn 5 in January - some of the things he really loves and plays with on a daily basis are his playmobil castle and pirate ship, superheroes (any and all), board games (anything by cranium, trouble, sorry, monoply jr), leapster, my nintendo ds (good bribe for desired behavior), legos. I am sure there are more but those are the big ones he has played with all year (since his birthday last January). This xmas he is getting alot of different kick pads (he takes tae kwon do), remote control car, power rangers figurines, cranium super fort, clue jr., blokus trigon, that gym cartridge for his vsmile - I think that is it for now - the first 3 things are what he is asking Santa for - he really wants those. Hope that helps you a little.

HayGan
11-01-2006, 01:11 PM
My boys (4 & 6) really enjoy games. Some of their favorites are the Cranium games (Cariboo and Balloon Lagoon in particular.) They also really enjoy a game called Zingo (it is bingo with pictures.) They also really get alot of use out of their Leapsters. Here are some of the things on their Christmas list:

Nintendo DS lite (DS - 6) and Gameboy Advance (DS - 4) and several games
Magnetix sets
Cranium Giggle Gear Masks
Cranium Giggle Gear mega Fort (only at TRU)
Don't Wake Daddy game
Disney Scene it Bingo
Disney or Nickelodeon Bingo
play-doh sets

I think boys tend to be tougher than girls because so many of them really like different things

ragamuffinkim
11-01-2006, 01:34 PM
Fox will be 5 in January, here is his list.
Geotrax city lights and more trains (We love Geotrax at our house)
Playmobil Castles, Zoo, Train, Crane, and Police (We are a big Playmobil family too)
Dinosaur playset
Vsmile Gym
Vsmile Cars game
Pirates dress up things
Peter pan toys (ship and playsets found them at Toys r us by the preschool toys)
Razor bumper cars
Power Wheel 4x4
Pirate gane (you pull the swords out)
Ants in your pants
Dont spill the beans
Cranium Balloon Lagoon
Power Ranger action figures
Power Ranger motorcycle
Stilts (hmmm funny)

and my three year old has one thing on his list:
A little white dog.

Skatermom23
11-01-2006, 01:40 PM
Lego's!!!!

wmackleit
11-01-2006, 01:40 PM
I bought my nephew the "cars" remote control car. Does anyone have this? How is it? I found it at Costco for $28.99 and on the disney site it is $49.99

Thank you

Wendy

DsnyDrmr
11-01-2006, 01:44 PM
cars, trains, planes

Hedy
11-01-2006, 01:45 PM
DisneyShopping.com has nice personalized blankets.

PaulDavid's mom
11-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi -

My ds is going to turn 5 in January - some of the things he really loves and plays with on a daily basis are his playmobil castle and pirate ship, superheroes (any and all), board games (anything by cranium, trouble, sorry, monoply jr), leapster, my nintendo ds (good bribe for desired behavior), legos. I am sure there are more but those are the big ones he has played with all year (since his birthday last January). This xmas he is getting alot of different kick pads (he takes tae kwon do), remote control car, power rangers figurines, cranium super fort, clue jr., blokus trigon, that gym cartridge for his vsmile - I think that is it for now - the first 3 things are what he is asking Santa for - he really wants those. Hope that helps you a little.

Hi there. My son will also be 5 in January. How does he like the VSmile? We were thinking of getting one for xmas this year since he really seems to have an interest in video games lately.

scoochie75
11-01-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi there. My son will also be 5 in January. How does he like the VSmile? We were thinking of getting one for xmas this year since he really seems to have an interest in video games lately.

Out of the two he likes the leapster a million times better. He got the VSmile for his 4th birthday and just recently has been playing it a couple times a week! If you are getting a game system for educational purposes this doesn't seem anywhere near as good as the leapster - if you are getting it for gaming I would personally lean towards a Nintendo Gameboy or DS before I would buy this again. We are getting him the gym cartridge though b/c he always wants to try that dancing arcade game that they have at Chuck E. Cheese and his legs are just to short to keep up with it. Sorry I ramble when I reply!

Alice28
11-01-2006, 03:18 PM
My sons BOTH loved Star Wars at this age (well, my one son still is 5, LOL!).

Hasbro makes these little Star Wars guys called Galactic Heroes that my son just is Ga Ga over! So, if your son likes the Star Wars movies, he will dig these! He also LOVES his light sabers!

My son loved his Leapster too - til he put it in the bathtub with him! :sad2:

He also likes litte cars, puzzles...video games although we try and limit these. We bought a Playstation for my 8 year old this summer, and I think my 5 year old likes it more!

Plantlady
11-01-2006, 03:25 PM
My five year old loves geotrax. This is good for suggestions to relatives.

He also loves taking photos, his grandma is getting him the new fisher price digital camera. He already has a digital camera, but it doesn't show the photos on the back for preview.. this will be a great upgrade.

He also loves music. We're going to get him a cheap mp3 player and preload it with all of his favorite disney music, so it's good right out of the box. I really like the fisher price fp3 player but, the price for the memory is just not a great deal.

He also loves games. Card games, things by cranium (as others suggested), I think I will get him Perfection this year. His favorite board game is Sorry.

He also loves books. He will get several books for Christmas. He "reads" every night in bed (just like his big brothers). A new batch of Disney books will be under the tree for him.

He also is a video game junkie. But, if your 4-5 year old is not.. perhaps that is for the best. Santa is probably going to bring the entire family Nintendo Wii. But, I am not going to preorder one. I just plan on going and trying to find one after they are released. I've heard they are making plenty, and I'll just take my chances.

Katieplus4
11-01-2006, 03:26 PM
I have a 5 yr old and a 7 yr old boy. They love . . .
-geo trax
-knex
-shake n go cars
-transformers
-plastic bugs, snakes,animal sets
-markers and crayons
-game boy-even the five yr old has mastered it-great to take to dinner
-tinker toys :love:
-legos
-imaginext toys

the tinkertoys were the surprise for me-they LOVE them!

luvtogo12
11-01-2006, 03:40 PM
When DS was 5 he loved Legos, cars and board games but I think his favorite thing to play with was the Fischer Price Rescue Hero's. We still have some hanging around!!

Banana magic
11-02-2006, 06:54 AM
My DS is 5 1/2, but he likes the following things:
Legos, Knex, wooden blocks, tinker toys, anything to build
Star Wars stuff
Imaginext, all the castles and pirates type stuff
cars, trucks, trains
dinosaurs
rescue heroes

My son actually will play with anything, doesn't matter what it is, he manages to find a way to work it into his playtime. :)