PDA

View Full Version : Barbie 3 story dreamhouse?

Bibbidi
11-01-2006, 07:20 AM
Does anyone have this new Barbie dreamhouse? I'm guessing it's all plastic. I wasn't sure if this would be a good choice or if I should consider one of the wooden kidkraft/imaginarium types for about the same price. Seems like kids usually like the plastic stuff :rolleyes:

Any other suggestions for a good barbie-doll sized house for kids? I would like to keep it to $100 or less. Thanks!

Bibbidi
11-01-2006, 04:06 PM
bump.....

Kmygrl73
11-01-2006, 07:53 PM
I bought my daughter the Step 2 dollhouse on their website last Christmas. It is still on there now and it is really nice and durable. It is huge and I know it is going to last forever. It is only forty something plus shipping and it is a great dollhouse for the money!!! I couldn't believe how big it was when we took it out of the box. I don't think you would be disappointed if you were to buy this one!!!

Thanks,
kim

Bibbidi
11-02-2006, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to take a look. I am not a big fan of oversized kids toys, mainly because I'm always afraid they won't play with it enough for the price of it.

tink2dw
11-02-2006, 07:52 AM
My Dd got $100.00 one Christmas, and she headed straight for the huge Barbie Elevator house with 2 or 3 floors It cost all $100.00

But she never regretted buying that house!! She and her friends played with that house for several years!! And Dd would even play with it alone. And that's saying a lot!! It held her interest. It is still in great *plastic* shape!!
Dd wants to pass it down to her daughter, someday!!

When I was a kid I had an off brand 4 story cardboard doll house, while I loved it, Barbie and Ken and there friends could never stand up in it. It was a bother to play with because you needed so many hands to hold the dolls and while the furniture was chunky Barbies legs hung off the bed and she couldn't sit in the bath and she barely perched on the chairs.

If your Dd wants a Barbie House for her Barbie Then I would invest in it. Instead of trying to make Barbie fit into something she can't!!

JMHO

leafette
11-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Does anyone have this new Barbie dreamhouse? I'm guessing it's all plastic. I wasn't sure if this would be a good choice or if I should consider one of the wooden kidkraft/imaginarium types for about the same price. Seems like kids usually like the plastic stuff :rolleyes:

Any other suggestions for a good barbie-doll sized house for kids? I would like to keep it to $100 or less. Thanks!

This might be bigger than you want (it's huge), but my mom (so into Christmas that my kids call her Nanny Claus), bought this for my daughter about 3 years ago. She still uses it, but now her American Girls sleep in it. However, with all of the Barbie furniture, this place was stylin'!

http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=0&CatID=032734&Grptyp=PRD&ItemId=10fb416&siteID=210054841

Bibbidi
11-02-2006, 12:58 PM
My Dd got $100.00 one Christmas, and she headed straight for the huge Barbie Elevator house with 2 or 3 floors It cost all $100.00

But she never regretted buying that house!! She and her friends played with that house for several years!! And Dd would even play with it alone. And that's saying a lot!! It held her interest. It is still in great *plastic* shape!!
Dd wants to pass it down to her daughter, someday!!

When I was a kid I had an off brand 4 story cardboard doll house, while I loved it, Barbie and Ken and there friends could never stand up in it. It was a bother to play with because you needed so many hands to hold the dolls and while the furniture was chunky Barbies legs hung off the bed and she couldn't sit in the bath and she barely perched on the chairs.

If your Dd wants a Barbie House for her Barbie Then I would invest in it. Instead of trying to make Barbie fit into something she can't!!

JMHO

I appreciate your comments because I was wondering if she'd like the "real" Barbie house better than my idea of the wooden house. I think she'd really like the plastic one with all the fun accessories more than the wooden one that might (IMO) "look" prettier. I have to remember the toy is for her to enjoy, not me to look at :rolleyes: