PDA

View Full Version : Anyone make/sell gift baskets from home?

2cutekids
10-31-2006, 11:15 PM
I need to make some Disney vacation & Christmas money and have been thinking of starting a gift basket business for quite some time. Has anyone else done this? :confused3 I need advice!!! :teacher:

Thanks! :wave:

ArielsMommy
11-01-2006, 10:27 AM
My SIL is trying to start a gift basket business from her home. Apparently, there is alot that goes with it. She was a little put off that she needs to pay the department of health to certify her home in order to include any food items. That includes candy, coffe, cookies, etc. They include prepackages items.

Hedy
11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Only advice I would give is to get a tax exempt certificate for buying things for the basket.

2cutekids
11-01-2006, 03:33 PM
Thank you! Anyone else have any advice? :thumbsup2

amp078
11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
I make baskets for Christmas and sell them to friends and aquaintances. My Sis is a bartender and the owner usually lets me set up a bunch on a Saturday in early December. I do a "cash and carry" sale as well as take orders.

I usually go to BJ's and buy coffee sets, jams, teas, hot chocolates, etc as they can be taken apart and put into baskets along with packages of holiday cookies and candies. Those usually sell pretty well. I also do bath & body baskets as well. Some people order specialty baskets from me- like a golfer's one, movie one, kids, etc.

I only do it for fun- I don't advertise except through word of mouth because I don't want the headaches of the health dept, taxes, etc.

Good Luck!!