PDA

View Full Version : Unused park hoppers

bride03
10-31-2006, 03:55 PM
I have about 6 keys from when my husband and I have gone each year and I think that I might have some unused park hoppers on there. I bought a magic my way package for Dec 26-30 and now I'm wondering if I have some days left on my park hoppers, can I refund my tickets I bought for this trip and get a credit on my card? Can I cancel those tickets now and then just buy them later if I need to? What are my options so I can save some money on this trip??

Cheshire Figment
10-31-2006, 04:06 PM
If you bought a package which includes dining you must have at least a ond day base ticket for each memebr of the party. Without that you cannot have DDP.

If you take your old tickets to any ticket booth or Guest Relatons window at any park (including the water parks) you can be told what remains on each ticket. However, if there is a line of people we are not permitted to read more than six tickets at a time. If these are on plastic stock I would suggest bringing a "sharpie" with you and write on each one what entitlements are left.

bride03
12-15-2006, 02:00 AM
since my question hasn't been answered.

I have 6 "keys to the world" from previous trips in which I'm sure we have about 1 park hopper on each. I guess I can't get money back from booking park hoppers for this trip, but we are going to get them confirmed. I've heard that some people are told that there are park hoppers on their keys and then they are told later "no" there aren't. When I get them to check these "keys", how can I protect myself and what can I ask them to do to ensure I can use these on our next trip. If they are non-expiration, this means NEVER right? I am having our first baby in March and when she turns 1 or 2, we are taking her for her first trip, I don't want stress because of these stray park tickets. One of these "keys" have my maiden name on it as well. Lots of trouble looks like.

BethR
12-15-2006, 06:45 AM
The tickets that you have currently will never expire (until they are used up, of course! ;) )

They can be used on any future trip that you take. The only way that you can find out how many days are on them is at Disney at your resort or at Guest Relations in the parks or Downtown Disney. You cannot use them towards "credit" for new passes.

If you want to save money on this trip, you can decrease the length of pass that you bought for your package (call WDWTC to see if this will work without a penalty) to one day and just use the passes that you currently have.

I don't see any problem with using any of the passes that you currently have. If there are multiple days left on the passes that you have, you will need to do a finger scan the first time and future times that you reuse them so that ONLY you can reuse them again.

Regarding "protecting yourself" - the only way to do this would be to keep track each time of when your ticket was used. When you find out how many days are left on each pass, take a sharpie and mark it on the pass and then change the number whenever you use it again to reflect the remaining numbers of days.

Hope that this makes sense. Feel free to ask more questions...

shelleybell
12-15-2006, 08:37 AM
Please, someone correct me if I am wrong:

Your 2 trips in 2005, did your tickets come as part of a package? You said they were hoppers, but you did not say if you got no-exp. Didn't the new ticket system start in 2005? I know on my packages, if i did not get no-exp., then my tickets expire 14 days later.
So, tell me more, did you get no-exp.?

shelley

aka-mad4themouse
12-15-2006, 09:25 AM
Please, someone correct me if I am wrong:

Your 2 trips in 2005, did your tickets come as part of a package? You said they were hoppers, but you did not say if you got no-exp. Didn't the new ticket system start in 2005? I know on my packages, if i did not get no-exp., then my tickets expire 14 days later.
So, tell me more, did you get no-exp.?

shelley
You're correct shelley. If the tickets were MYW passes, then they needed to have the "no-expiry" option on them for any unused days to still be good.

If the tickets are "pre-MYW", then they are probably good until all days are used up. The reason that I say "probably" is b/c Disney used to sell packages with "Length of Stay" passes. The passes were good for unlimited admissions to all of the parks and waterparks for the entire length of your stay. However, when your stay at WDW ended, all entitlements on the room key ended at midnight that night.

To the OP:
Beth's and Cheshire's advise is spot on. The only way to tell what is on the tickets is to have them checked at WDW. They should be able to tell you then what is on the passes. Use a sharpie to mark each one so that you know for your future trips. Having your maiden name on one of the keys should not present a problem because your biometrics haven't changed. That's all that really matters. If you're worried about proving your identity, bring a copy of your wedding license when you plan to use the passes.

Please don't stress over the tickets. It's not good for you or your baby. I'm sure that everything will work out fine. Enjoy your holiday visit to WDW!