PDA

View Full Version : WAY OT: Cheetah Girls concert question

tyboyz
10-31-2006, 01:29 PM
I know this is a strange question for this board but I have tried everything else to get the answer so I thought what the heck!!!

Cheetah Girls are at the Wachovia Spectrum in Philadelphia sunday. When I bought the tickets they said it was an ENDSTAGE setup but now I am hearing a rumor that the stage will be moved way up so that they only use half of the spectrum. That puts my seats in big trouble of being beside the stage instead of in front.

Does anyone know anything about how the stage is being setup?? I know it is a long shot but I have no idea how else to find out. When I call the spectrum they just keep saying endstage is all they know.

NewEnglandDisney
10-31-2006, 03:49 PM
I can't give you any real info, as I have never been there, but it sounds like ticket sales weren't great if they are reducing the size of the theater. My guess is your seat will be moved as well. You'll probably end up being closer than you were before. For instance, if they move up the stage the people in the front row aren't going to be behind the stage suddenly.

Don't worry - I'm sure you'll have a great time. I like the films, and have seen the girls perform on TV (again today on Martha), but they sure do lip-sync a lot, LOL. But I'm sure your daughter won't notice.

Relax, and have a good time!

NED

dpratt68
10-31-2006, 04:23 PM
My daughter and I are going tomorrow in MA. She is soooooo excited!

tyboyz
10-31-2006, 07:26 PM
The show in phila is sold out !!! I'm not sure yet if it is a half house or not though.

InstImpres
10-31-2006, 08:30 PM
Good luck to you, I don't know the answer except that it was sold out when I tried to get tickets weeks ago for DD

TEK224
10-31-2006, 09:14 PM
Hi Tyboyz,

I'll be at the concert at the Wachovia, too. I'm taking my two nieces. All I heard is that it was sold out. Didn't know it might only be set up for 1/2 full.

Helene
11-01-2006, 12:21 AM
:thumbsup2

I took my DD, 8,to the performance on Monday (10/30). We both really enjoyed the show.

Hope you have fun too!!

Helene

dpratt68
11-01-2006, 04:54 AM
Helene about how long is the show?

princesspumpkin
11-01-2006, 05:38 AM
I'll be there too! Bringing DD and friend.

Helene
11-01-2006, 07:58 AM
Helene about how long is the show?

In total, about 2 hours. There is a warm-up by Jordan Pruitt (never heard of her before the show). She sang @ 3 songs and promoted her "stuff" (cd, website). Then Ashley Tisdale performed @ 5 songs. There was a 15 min break after Ashley and then the Cheetahs arrived. Their performance combined alot of dance with the songs and I thought it was entertaining.

I was talking with another mom and I wondered out loud, "What would Walt think about all this??" Disney entertainment has come along way from Mickey & Minnie. Disney is truly masterful when it comes to promotions and drawing in a broad audience.

Helene

LisaNJ25
11-01-2006, 08:28 AM
In total, about 2 hours. There is a warm-up by Jordan Pruitt (never heard of her before the show). She sang @ 3 songs and promoted her "stuff" (cd, website). Then Ashley Tisdale performed @ 5 songs. There was a 15 min break after Ashley and then the Cheetahs arrived. Their performance combined alot of dance with the songs and I thought it was entertaining.

I was talking with another mom and I wondered out loud, "What would Walt think about all this??" Disney entertainment has come along way from Mickey & Minnie. Disney is truly masterful when it comes to promotions and drawing in a broad audience.

Helene

Do Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens rotate? I know I see Vanessa's name for a lot of shows.

I wish they would put the High School musical tickets on sale for NJ. I keep checking daily.

InstImpres
11-01-2006, 09:47 AM
I wish they would put the High School musical tickets on sale for NJ. I keep checking daily.

Sorry to go OT but what and when is this, I missed out on the Cheetah tickets and need to be on top of these

Helene
11-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Do Ashley Tisdale and Vanessa Hudgens rotate? I know I see Vanessa's name for a lot of shows.

Just to clarify........I meant Vanessa Hudgens, not Ashley Tisdale as far as the other act :crazy:

To answer your question, they did not rotate.

Helene

dpratt68
11-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Hi I just got back from the show in MA. GREAT!!! We had Vanessa Hodgens at our show not Ashley Tisdale. Great entertainers-both acts.

princesspumpkin
11-02-2006, 08:54 AM
Sorry to go OT but what and when is this, I missed out on the Cheetah tickets and need to be on top of these

There is going to be a concert tour of HSM (minus Zac - he's filming Hairspray). Everyone is waiting for the tickets to go on sale in their particular city. Be careful, there is also a stage version of the movie that is being sold (as opposed to a real "concert").

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1258519

bemily
11-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Keep checking. I didnt realize the tickets went on sale (I was looking for Providence RI or Manchester NH), and missed them. I have been deciding how much I would pay for them on eBay, and low and behold last night ticketmaster released more tickets, so I got awesome seats for Manchester at face value (plus all their crazy fees!)..

So keep checking ticketmaster if you thought it was sold out before...

Good luck!

luvthatdisney
11-02-2006, 10:57 AM
We saw the Cheetah Girls in Charlotte NC on 10-14-06. Hannah Montana (Miley Cyrus) was their guest as well as another girl band that played first. About 2 days before the concert the venue (Cricket Arena) opened up more seats on the sides of the stage. It was a complete sell out. The only seats not sold were behind the stage - it was an end stage set up. There were people there from GA, TN and VA.

It was a good show - IMO. My dd thinks it was great!!! She loves Miley Cyrus. The whole thing lasted about 2 hrs or so.

tyboyz
11-02-2006, 12:31 PM
luvthatdisney, do you think the stage was moved up any from a normal end stage setup?? The rumors I am hearing is that it has been an end stage setup put they really move the stage up so there is a much larger "backstage" area than normal.

denman007
11-02-2006, 03:24 PM
What songs did Vanessa Hudgens sing? Any from HSM?

tyboyz
11-03-2006, 08:43 PM
I was finally able to talk to someone in Event Production and he says the show in Phila will be a half house. It is an end stage setting but the stage is moved way up toward the center.

luvthatdisney
11-04-2006, 10:35 AM
Our show was not a half house. The stage was a far back as it could go - I think! I had 2 sets of 3 tickets one was box seats - really good seats - thats where the kids sat ( I have an older daughter who went). And the other 3 were for the moms! They were almost behind the stage as far to the side with a view as you could get. You were basically watching the back of the performers!

We had a sell out at that venue, which is the smallest "arena" in Charlotte NC. They did not sell any tickets directly behind the stage.