PDA

View Full Version : Reward cards question

Maybelle
10-31-2006, 11:04 AM
:goodvibes I've been doing some looking around into different reward credit cards other than Disney. Wondering what reward cards others have used and like. Just curious, as I am thinking of switching to something a little more flexible than Disney. Thanks for any info.!

Kramer
10-31-2006, 11:41 AM
If flexibility is important to you I would look into the Hilton Honors Amex card.

We got it for just that reason. We can use the points for hotel stays, transfer points to our Skymiles account for airfare, and we can get Disney tickets as well.

We just redeemed points for a free 4 day premium park hopper with 4 plus options and no expiry for our son for our upcoming trip. Cost us 85,000 points which took about 9 months to earn.

To me its a much better alternative to just the Disney card or just our Skymiles card.

disneysteve
10-31-2006, 01:01 PM
I think there are two important things to consider:

1. The rewards must be meaningful and useful to you.
2. The card must enable you to earn rewards in a reasonable amount of time.

For some, cash back is best. For others, frequent flyer miles or hotel points are preferred. For others, a discount on gas is great.

Personally, our main card is a Marriott Premier Visa. We love to travel and have earned many free nites. Right now, we've got enough free points for up to 2 weeks in a cheap hotel or 1 week in a nicer one. We plan to redeem points for vacation next summer. Don't know where we are going, but wherever we end up, the hotel will be free on points.

We also use our Discover card but only to take advantage of their quarterly 5% bonus categories.

Maybelle
10-31-2006, 04:38 PM
Any other opinions??