PDA

View Full Version : My Disney Girl Doll/American girl

mochapj
10-31-2006, 09:51 AM
What about The My Disney Girl Doll? Anybody have one of these? I think they only can be bought at the park. Supposedly, they are 18" same as AG.

My daughter wants an AG doll, but we are going to Disney next week so I thought I would wait and check the Disney Doll out?

Anybody have one?
Julie

budbeerlady
10-31-2006, 10:00 AM
DD got hers from the princess tea party. It is a nice doll but doenst compare to the quality of the american girl dolls she has. The hair is getting kinda icky on it and it doesnt have as nice of features. I cannot remeber how much they were in the stores at WDW, but you do get what you pay for.

ceecee
10-31-2006, 10:16 AM
I agree, we have a Disney doll (in the attic). DD likes her AG dolls much better. The hair is a major issue with her. We did get some outfits and most fit her AG okay.

KTSMOM
10-31-2006, 10:36 AM
We bought my DD this doll just a few months ago. I believe the doll is $45 or $50. It's a nice doll, about the same size as the AG doll. My DD has really enjoyed playing with it. The only thing i'm not crazy about is the hair. It's not a huge issue, but it does tangle up really easily. Now this can happen with an AG doll too, but their hair seems to be of a nicer quality, of course you pay a lot more for them as well. To me it was the perfect doll for my DD to play with and I could see if she ready for an AG doll.

disneymomto5
10-31-2006, 11:45 AM
My daughter got a Disney doll for her 3rd birthday. I actually got it on a great deal through Disneyshopping for 16 or 19 dollars (can't remember exactly). The posters are right, the hair is a little weird, but for my daughter it's perfect because I don't care if she gets it messed up. If your daughter is older and more responsible, I'd get the American Girl doll because I'm sure they're nicer inquality.