PDA

View Full Version : DIS Secret Project??? Venture a guess? OT

TenThousandVolts
10-31-2006, 08:25 AM
I think this is the most fun, exciting thing on the DIS boards in ages. I know lots of people think it is a contest of some sort. I am not sure. I am thinking maybe there will be some sort of service project, charity type thing- and we DISers will be recruited to help. Like making dreams come true for the less fortunate- that type of thing. Actually I hope that is what it is- so I can participate.

Anyway - it sure is fun seeing all the 'celebs' around here lately. It was especially thrilling to see that the TF is making the rounds- I had no idea the TF had a screen name- and over 2,ooo posts!

Anyway- happy halloween everyone- I'm off to Target to buy supplies for my kids' halloween parties at their schools.

I know this is more of a community board type thing- but I like you guys better- I am kinda scared of that board.

MommyMouse
10-31-2006, 09:01 AM
Could you expound on it a little more? :confused3 Tell us all about it, so I don't have to hop over to the CB. I've never been there, and am happy staying put on the Budget Board :rotfl:

Jeanne B
10-31-2006, 10:01 AM
Could you expound on it a little more? :confused3 Tell us all about it, so I don't have to hop over to the CB. I've never been there, and am happy staying put on the Budget Board :rotfl:

It's all over the place on the DIS, on every single board. All the "good morning" threads are about the "secret project". I don't have a clue what it's about, all these celebrities keep posting although from what I've read the rumor is that only one of them is for real (which seems much more logical) and the rest I'm guessing are the mods playing celebrities to add to the fun.

They have everyone's expectations so high at this point whatever it is, it better be good!! :goodvibes

MyGoofy26
10-31-2006, 10:26 AM
They have everyone's expectations so high at this point whatever it is, it better be good!! :goodvibes

I was just thinking the same thing! After all this build-up, they better be ready to blow everyone away :rotfl:

For those of you who are still trying to figure it out. The DIS has a secret project coming soon and have recruited all of these "celebrities" for it. There are a few very vague hints scattered in random threads, LOTS ofpeople guessing (and a few have gotten very close apparently - we just don't know which few . . . but it's supposedly a "virtual" project with "real life" pay-off. No one's required to take part when it's announced, but it's supposed to make a many DISers very happy.

Intrigued yet?

Zoemakes5
10-31-2006, 10:48 AM
A big Dis meet up where we work with Ty on building a house? Who knows. Just a guess.......

atisikitabasket
10-31-2006, 11:13 AM
Maybe some family that has been picked for a Home Makeover loves Disney and they want to get advice from us on what unique things they could do. That or maybe HOme Depot is discontinuing Alien Green Mickey paint so he is going to announce our new color. LOL :confused3

Our2Girls&Disney
10-31-2006, 12:04 PM
I don't know but, it is very suspicious. Notice how they all joined in Aug of 2006, plus they have several posts, but yet this the first time noticed it. When is the secret going to be out, is the question?

Jeanne B
10-31-2006, 12:07 PM
I don't know but, it is very suspicious. Notice how they all joined in Aug of 2006, plus they have several posts, but yet this the first time noticed it. When is the secret going to be out, is the question?

I *think* the mods are behind all the celebrity postings, although supposedly one of the celebs is for real.

TenThousandVolts
10-31-2006, 01:04 PM
A big Dis meet up where we work with Ty on building a house? Who knows. Just a guess.......

I am hoping it is something like this- wouldn't that be the greatest!
You are right about the build-up- they are saying it is gonna be BIG. So they have a lot to live up to.

mommyoftwinfants
10-31-2006, 01:09 PM
I feel like a 5yr. old at Christmas time, You know that there is a present under the tree but what is it. I love surprises!!! This is just so much fun!!!

TenThousandVolts
10-31-2006, 01:38 PM
Maybe some family that has been picked for a Home Makeover loves Disney and they want to get advice from us on what unique things they could do. That or maybe HOme Depot is discontinuing Alien Green Mickey paint so he is going to announce our new color. LOL :confused3
Maybe EHM family includes an avid Diser- and so they are calling on their virtual community in addition to their geographic community?! That would be cool.

Our2Girls&Disney
10-31-2006, 02:24 PM
I *think* the mods are behind all the celebrity postings, although supposedly one of the celebs is for real.

Which one? We have so many, Ty, Ellen, Oprah, Tommy Lee, Kelly Ripa, Rosie, ....