PDA

View Full Version : OT:Nashville, TN....I need your help!!

jennifer293
10-30-2006, 05:46 PM
Ok, for those of you that are native to the Nashville area I need your help. My DH's cross country team made it to the CC State Meet at Percy Warner Park on Saturday. We will be heading up on Friday Morning..We will be staying at the Amerisuites Hotel in Brentwood. At apporx. 7 to 7:30 pm we want to go eat somewhere (sit down) with the team with a party of about 20. I have called ALL the restaurants in Opry Mills Mall and they all say NO RESERVATIONS.. I have even asked to speak to the managers...SOOOOOO where are some restaurants close to our hotel that has REALLY GOOD FOOD???? These are very hungry teenagers that need to eat a good meal before the big race in the morning... We would like to keep the cost between 8-15 dollars per meal (school is flipping the bill :teeth: )...Please help if you can!! Also other than a mall where can we take the kids to release some of that energy? We normally go to the mall, but if we can't eat there then that is out I suppose!!

TIA!!!!

Vickie46
10-30-2006, 05:51 PM
I love Coolsprings Mall much better than OpryMills!

Its in Franklin near Brentwood..

Coolsprings has the better places to eat too!!!

If you like Romanos Macoronie Grill.. they have one.. I am sure they would take a rez for you too!

ClarabelleCowFan
10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
Brentwood is nowhere NEAR Opry Mills so I am not sure why you are wanting to eat around there.

Closer to your hotel there is a Longhorn Steakhouse (right across the street), an Applebee's (right on Old Hickory Blvd from your hotel), an O'Charley's and the Brentwood Grille (both left on Old Hickory from your hotel). I would recommend the Brentwood Grille. They are SO GOOD (try the salmon)!

If you want to venture down to Cool Springs area in Franklin (just 2 exits South on I-65) then there is absolutely everything. I would recommend Amerigo's (great Italian - try the tomato basilica salad and the bruchetta appetizers) or J.Alexander's (expensive but worth it!). There is the usual Outback, Macaroni Grille, Smokey Bones, Logan's, etc... in this area as well.

PM me if you have any questions. My office is in Brentwood around the corner from Amerisuites. :)

rthutchens
10-30-2006, 06:31 PM
I agree Cool Springs is a much better place to go. There are lots of places to choose from and the kids can always hang out at the mall.

jennifer293
10-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Brentwood is nowhere NEAR Opry Mills so I am not sure why you are wanting to eat around there.

Closer to your hotel there is a Longhorn Steakhouse (right across the street), an Applebee's (right on Old Hickory Blvd from your hotel), an O'Charley's and the Brentwood Grille (both left on Old Hickory from your hotel). I would recommend the Brentwood Grille. They are SO GOOD (try the salmon)!

If you want to venture down to Cool Springs area in Franklin (just 2 exits South on I-65) then there is absolutely everything. I would recommend Amerigo's (great Italian - try the tomato basilica salad and the bruchetta appetizers) or J.Alexander's (expensive but worth it!). There is the usual Outback, Macaroni Grille, Smokey Bones, Logan's, etc... in this area as well.

PM me if you have any questions. My office is in Brentwood around the corner from Amerisuites. :)

I know it is not close, but we have been going there for the past 3 years because the kids like to roam around that mall..We first went there for the Rainforest Cafe (and the food was gross) so we have been going back ever since just to different restaurants. Not really worth the drive...IMHO!! :teeth:

I called the Macaroni Grill at Cool Springs and they will not take a ressie for that many on a Friday night.. :sad2:

jennifer293
10-30-2006, 07:06 PM
I just got ressies at Brentwood Grille, and I took a look at the Menu and it looked AWESOME!!! Thank You ...The manager is actually from the same town we are here...COOL!!! :cool1:

I really appreciate your help!!!

ClarabelleCowFan
10-30-2006, 07:22 PM
I hope you like it. Brentwood Grille is one of those secrets that locals like to keep to themselves. Shhh! :teeth:

Have a great time in Music City!

jennifer293
10-30-2006, 07:39 PM
I hope you like it. Brentwood Grille is one of those secrets that locals like to keep to themselves. Shhh! :teeth:

Have a great time in Music City!

Thanks Again!!

Vickie46
10-30-2006, 08:09 PM
hope you all have a great time here in Nashville/Franklin area.. and enjoy CoolSprings Mall!!!