PDA

View Full Version : Just Back..Received A Disney Dream!!

Brier Rose
10-30-2006, 02:42 PM
We were sooo shocked! It was around 4:00pm on Saturday at AK. We decided to go on the Safari, and there was no wait at all. When we reached the boarding area, we were taken over to the side and the "Dream Team" greeted us! They informed us that as part of Disney's Year of Dreams that we were being granted an extra hour in the park! We were given wristbands and pins, and told to go to Dinoland at 5:00pm.

When we arrived there were more people that had been given wristbands (a few hundred maybe), and they had some entertainment going. At about 5:30 the "Captain" introduced himself, and asked if we had ever dreamed of having a Disney Park all to ourselves. Of course everyone screamed YES, and he brought out Mickey and Minnie to offically begin our dream hour.

We had a BLAST with no waits for ANYTHING. I know a lot of people don't like Primeval Whirl, but we had SO much fun riding over and over AND OVER without getting off!

At the end of the hour when we reached the end of the Oasis heading to the exit we were greeting by TONS of CM'S that formed a line on both sides that we walked through as they waved and screamed. We really felt like celebrities! At the end of the line were Mickey and Minnie to tell us goodbye!

It was just AWESOME!

I wish I could post some pictures, but for some reason NONE of them turned out..I could just cry!
Even without the pictues I know it's something we will remember forever!

Tinkaroo
10-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Wow - that sounds great! What an amazing memory! :goodvibes

never_enough_pooh
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
Congratulations!!! That must have been a lot of fun!

We just got back from a 10 day trip, and didn't receive any special
"magic" :guilty: Glad you did!!!!

MissyDVC
10-30-2006, 02:47 PM
That is AMAZING!!!! :cool1: Leave it to Disney to make the happiest place on earth even more magical. :wizard: Congratulations!

frndofpooh
10-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Wow, what a blast! Sounds like you had a great time. Congratulations!

NewEnglandDisney
10-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Now that is a great dream. Hadn't heard of that one happening yet. Sweet.

NED

The Edgington's
10-30-2006, 02:52 PM
Congratulations!! That would be amazing!

Mom2Ty&Lins
10-30-2006, 02:53 PM
Congratulations! What a thrill it must have been for you.

We have been twice this month. We weren't the recipients of any dreams but we witnessed one on Small World. A family, including a little girl around 3yo, got to go to the bridge that the boats pass under and wave to all the passengers. They then got to ride in the front row (we were directly behind them) and got a certificate and some other things that I couldn't see (not that I was being extremely nosey or anything :rolleyes1 ).

ADP
10-30-2006, 02:53 PM
We were sooo shocked! It was around 4:00pm on Saturday at AK. We decided to go on the Safari, and there was no wait at all. When we reached the boarding area, we were taken over to the side and the "Dream Team" greeted us! They informed us that as part of Disney's Year of Dreams that we were being granted an extra hour in the park! We were given wristbands and pins, and told to go to Dinoland at 5:00pm.

When we arrived there were more people that had been given wristbands (a few hundred maybe), and they had some entertainment going. At about 5:30 the "Captain" introduced himself, and asked if we had ever dreamed of having a Disney Park all to ourselves. Of course everyone screamed YES, and he brought out Mickey and Minnie to offically begin our dream hour.

We had a BLAST with no waits for ANYTHING. I know a lot of people don't like Primeval Whirl, but we had SO much fun riding over and over AND OVER without getting off!

At the end of the hour when we reached the end of the Oasis heading to the exit we were greeting by TONS of CM'S that formed a line on both sides that we walked through as they waved and screamed. We really felt like celebrities! At the end of the line were Mickey and Minnie to tell us goodbye!

It was just AWESOME!

I wish I could post some pictures, but for some reason NONE of them turned out..I could just cry!

Oh my gosh. We were there that day but left at about 3:30 before the parade started. Now I wish we would have stayed and did a few more things.

Congrats...That must have been an awesome experience. What a great idea by Disney!

Brier Rose
10-30-2006, 02:58 PM
They actually told us that we were the first group to ever receive that prize..at AK at least. The CM's we spoke with weren't sure if they had done anything similar at the other parks yet.

Forgot to mention it was actually EXTRA special as we were having a huge celebration for my DD's b-day which was Oct. 17th, my b-day which was Oct. 20th, my DS's b-day which was Oct. 24th, and my and DH's 15th wedding anniversary on Oct. 29th!!

Nee Nee and Biddy
10-30-2006, 03:02 PM
I'm so happy for you and your family! That sounds like a wonderful "dream" to win!

Disney_Mama
10-30-2006, 03:29 PM
:jumping1: WOW that's great. Congratulations :wave:

momoftriplets
10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Awesome!!!

APixie
10-30-2006, 03:54 PM
We were there too! It was so amazing: we rode EE several times with no wait, enjoyed empty park and just felt so special! It was the last evening for us, leaving Sunday morning, which made it even more special. My parents were with us and it was their first trip to Disney and they liked AK a lot. We had great day! We were an hour late for our Boma dinner, but it was all worth it.
I met another DIS-er (she recognized me by my lime green messanger bag), I believe she had her special pass as well. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

TheWog
10-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Congratulations!

DISshopkeeper
10-30-2006, 04:11 PM
Wow, GREAT story, thanks for sharing!

disneyjunkie
10-30-2006, 05:58 PM
COOL!

Can someone post a list of the rides/shows that were open during the extra hour?

Tammi67
10-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Congratulations! That sounds so wonderful!

Brier Rose
10-30-2006, 06:07 PM
We were there too! It was so amazing: we rode EE several times with no wait, enjoyed empty park and just felt so special! It was the last evening for us, leaving Sunday morning, which made it even more special. My parents were with us and it was their first trip to Disney and they liked AK a lot. We had great day! We were an hour late for our Boma dinner, but it was all worth it.
I met another DIS-er (she recognized me by my lime green messanger bag), I believe she had her special pass as well. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

COOL!

It was our last night as well..wasn't that just a perfect ending! (well if the ending of any trip can be good that is!)

Brier Rose
10-30-2006, 06:09 PM
COOL!

Can someone post a list of the rides/shows that were open during the extra hour?

All of the major attractions except Kilamanjaro Safari. They even had a special 5:50 showing of Festival of the Lion King!

Cinderellafifi
10-30-2006, 06:41 PM
WOW!!! How magical!!! I'm so happy for you!!! :teeth:

ufgator
10-30-2006, 06:49 PM
Wow! That's great!

Mouse511
10-30-2006, 06:53 PM
Wow, that's awesome :banana:

tink1978
10-30-2006, 06:54 PM
that is awesome!!!

lsutigger2
10-30-2006, 08:11 PM
Totally Cool! So glad you had that extra special time.
We'll be looking for some magic in just 11 days!

kidsister
10-30-2006, 08:16 PM
I 'm so happy for you and just a teensy bit jealous!
I was there the first week and while I didn't win anything, several of my friends won fast passes and lanyards.

LUVMICKEY
10-30-2006, 08:21 PM
Congradulations!!!! It sounds like it was alot of fun and a very big surprise.

EeyoresBuddy
10-30-2006, 08:24 PM
That must have been so COOL!!!! :dance3:

STEAMBOAT209
10-30-2006, 08:25 PM
wonderful, wonderful, what a way to spend an hour in the park, glad you got a DREAM.

Miandrea
10-30-2006, 08:39 PM
I loved reading your story. What a special memory for you and your family!!!

lovemesomedisney
10-30-2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks for letting us live through your Disney Dream!!! I am sooooo happy for your family!!!! party: party: party:

LoriMistress
10-30-2006, 09:28 PM
You guys are so lucky!!! I want an hour to myself to the parks with few people!!!

Simba's Mom
10-30-2006, 09:31 PM
How wonderful! That would be such a dream for me-AK is my favorite park.

tinknme
10-30-2006, 09:34 PM
How awesome, congratulations!

Bronte
10-30-2006, 09:49 PM
Thanks for sharring ...
What a wonderfull way to end you trip ...

Miz Diz
10-30-2006, 09:53 PM
Thanks for sharing! This just makes me want to be at Disney even more.

Dan Murphy
10-30-2006, 10:12 PM
What a great idea for a dream, congratulations on receiving it. Very cool!!! I think the promotion is really a hit. :thumbsup2

mommyesq
10-30-2006, 10:16 PM

It was just AWESOME!

Was this on 10.28? We received the same dream earlier that am before riding to Dino - the extra hour for us was spendt riding everest over and over and over - 8 times to be exact.

MJ

Ron from Michigan
10-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Wow. That sounds so awesome. Glad your family was picked for this great surprise. On Oct. 21 my wife and I were givin the Dream Fastpass's for the day while we were in the AK.

Brier Rose
10-30-2006, 11:34 PM
Was this on 10.28? We received the same dream earlier that am before riding to Dino - the extra hour for us was spendt riding everest over and over and over - 8 times to be exact.

MJ

Yes it was on Oct. 28th!

That's cool that you got to ride EE 8 times in a row! We had already ridden it several times, and we were so tired we decided to stick in Dinoland. Like I said we had SO much fun just riding Primevial Whirl over and over. I don't know what it is about that ride, but it just makes us laugh from beginning to end. We were the ONLY ones on the entire ride, so that made it extra fun joking around with the CM's everytime we came around. :lmao:

Brier Rose
10-30-2006, 11:38 PM
Thank you all!

I swear my first thought after OMG...was 'I can't wait to share this on the Dis!'

I knew you guys would share in my excitement in a way "others" just don't understand!

Msslaydbug
10-30-2006, 11:40 PM
What a wonderful memory !! Thanks for sharing

jenr812
10-31-2006, 12:01 AM
Aww that is wonderful! Congratulations! I am kind of amazed that several DISers got the same thing!!! Cool :goodvibes:

Glendamax
10-31-2006, 02:29 AM
Congrats! I AM soooooo excited that a DISer was able to enjoy this! :cheer2:

KerriSue
10-31-2006, 02:38 AM
we love the Primevial Whirl Too. So much fun, I know what you mean about the giggling part. Im the same.

What a special treat for you and your family. I love the special treatment the Disney is giving to random guests. It makes it so much more special, I think.

Thanks for sharing.

Happy Halloween
Kerri

blondeheroine
10-31-2006, 02:47 AM
Yay! As Glendamax already said, I'm glad someone on Dis got a dream finally!

MickeyT
10-31-2006, 02:50 AM
Now this is what 'Disney Dreams' is all about. Glad you enjoyed and was able to share!

Smileybug
10-31-2006, 05:10 AM
What a wonderful way to end an already magical day!! :jumping1:

Leota
10-31-2006, 06:31 AM
How cool!!!! :thumbsup2

I do the same thing on Primevil Whirl, something about it just makes me laugh my fool head off.

kathi29
10-31-2006, 07:00 AM

MJ

We received that dream before riding Dino as well! We were there, maybe 10ish? We didn't use the EMH, though. I'm thinking now I should have rearranged our day a bit to be there.

APixie
10-31-2006, 08:14 AM
My kids also ended the day riding PW about 5 times in the row, that was about 6:25 pm. We were one of the last people walking out of the park. It was so exciting. It was our first time in AK, never made it there in 5 trips we made and now I think it is our second favorite (after MK of course). My parents loved it! We had a very special trip with them, saw Cirque performance for the first time, Fantasmic for the first time, first MNSSHP, loooooved riding Soaring over and over... The weather was just perfect, crowds very managable, and this Magical Hour was an icing on a cake!

tlinus
10-31-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks for sharing.....that is a really cool Dream!!!
:goodvibes

2angelsinheaven
10-31-2006, 09:47 AM
Congrats, what a cool way to end the day.

Denise Thies
10-31-2006, 02:09 PM
#44 trips you deserve it! :cool1:

lpbm4
10-31-2006, 02:15 PM
OMG! That sounds awesome!!!! :banana:

mommyesq
11-01-2006, 03:36 PM

Think that my have been me - tall African-AMerican women with her son.....

APixie
11-02-2006, 10:27 AM
YES, IT WAS!!! :wave2: :wave2: :wave2: It was great to meet you! Hope you had as much time as we did, I saw you later on EE during our extra hour, I rode it with my daughter while my parents and son played in Dinoland. It was so much fun. :bounce:
Our whole trip was full of Magic: in Epcot, out of five of us, three had received candy sculptures from Miyuki, my daughter picked a nice size pearl, kids were asked to sign the "Authograph Books" by CM several times, the whole party received special buttons from CM ("My 1st Trip" for my parents and "Honorary Citizen" for myself and kids). During Halloween party, my son was asked to pose for pictures with many, many little Jasmines (he was the cutest 6 Year old Aladdin); my daughter was Jasmine (12 year old), but it was mostly him who was asked. I have to find some time to sort out through about 1000 pictures I took and post it here.