PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished Ipod Shuffle $29

Hedy
10-30-2006, 11:19 AM
Refurbished Ipod Shuffle $29.
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/StoreReentry.wo?cid=AOSA10000009230&siteID=hyldPsfFfCo-oQU0xf4igebYRZM4RkX3bw&productLearnMore=F9724LL%2FA

budbeerlady
10-30-2006, 11:28 AM
Wow, thanks for the heads up. DD has been begging for a shuffle since I got my mini a couple of years back!

blessedby3
10-30-2006, 12:15 PM
Thanks for that. I just ordered one for DD7- this will be great for our trip to Disney. You can have these on airplanes cant you? Thanks again

pweyl36
10-30-2006, 01:03 PM
:cool1: Thanks my dd9 has been asking for one for xmas.This would be great
because i didnt spend alot on it if it gets lost or broken.

Ilovemyprincesses
10-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Thanks, I felt like the only person that didn't have an ipod and now I do :banana:

jesszac610
10-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Thank you so much! I ordered 2, one just to have incase I screw up and forget someone!! Free shipping over 50.00 too!!!!

tiff211
10-30-2006, 02:19 PM
Yay, DD15 wanted one. Good deal, thanks for sharing!

czycropper
10-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks so much - my DD8 has been asking for an IPod and this is perfect for Christmas :thumbsup2 I even bought one for myself :teeth: !!

Disneynutbsv
10-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Wow! Thanks I just bought one for dd for christmas, she'll be so excited!

dvcnewgirl
10-30-2006, 02:40 PM
I just went to the link and couldnt find it. I wonder if they are all gone? :confused3

budbeerlady
10-30-2006, 02:49 PM
I just went to the link and couldnt find it. I wonder if they are all gone? :confused3

I had to scroll down the screen, or try clicking on the refurbished link on the left side menu. http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wo/1.RSLID?mco=32DAAC51&nclm=Certified

dvcnewgirl
10-30-2006, 02:57 PM
Thanks! :wave:

ZipaDeeDooDah
10-30-2006, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the heads up, awesome deal! Canadians can use this link (it is $33 here): http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/canadastore.woa/wo/0.RSLID?mco=32DAAC51&nclm=Certified

Ilovemyprincesses
10-30-2006, 03:38 PM
Thank you so much! I ordered 2, one just to have incase I screw up and forget someone!! Free shipping over 50.00 too!!!!

I didn't want to say anything but I got 2 too. If one brakes I have an extra.

Now I just have to figure out how it works.

DsnyDrmr
10-30-2006, 04:01 PM

Same here--one xmas present down for DS12--maybe I'll keep the other for myself :thumbsup2

cool beans!

WDWorld2003
10-30-2006, 04:31 PM
I also ordered 2.... they have others on sale, also:

Apple store has dropped the prices on refurbished ipods.

iPod Shuffle 512MB: $33 Shipped
iPod Shuffle 1GB: $59 Shipped
iPod Nano 1GB: $109 Shipped
iPod Nano 2GB: $99 Shipped
iPod Nano 4GB: $149 Shipped
iPod Video 30GB: $179 Shipped
iPod Mini 4GB: $99 Shipped
iPod Mini 6GB: $129 Shipped

The new clip shuffle is coming out soon. I would love to have that but the little shuffle will do for my husband for skiing and when I walk the dog.

Hedy
10-30-2006, 04:34 PM
FWIW, I know someone whose refurbished Ibook has served her well, so I would have no reservations about buying from them.

Genie600
10-30-2006, 06:24 PM
I bought a refurbished ipod, and the part that'd been messed up was the CHARGER, an item which is easily replaced for $5. The ipod itself was in pristine condition.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

merryweather's twin
10-30-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks ! :cool1: :banana: I got one for all the older kids going to Disney with us at Christmas. I hope they look ok.We have a $30. dollar exchange.

tarheelmjfan
10-30-2006, 06:44 PM
I saw this deal on FatWallet a while ago, & have been debating on whether to get one for my DH. I'm clueless about MP3 Players. I'm just not that into music & have no desire to learn about them. :blush: I was afraid to ask questions on FatWallet. Some of those people can get mean. :o This is my safe place, so I'll ask you all. :teeth:

My DH has asked for a MP3 player for Christmas, but hasn't specified which one he wants. He doesn't really care which brand he gets. We bought our DS the 60gb Video, which is the only experience we've had with Ipods. While we splurge on our DS, we're very frugal when it comes to ourselves. We do like to get nice gifts for Christmas, even if it is a bit of a splurge. Getting a nice gift for a great price is even better. :thumbsup2 Anyway, do you think my DH would like the Shuffle or would he be disappointed in it's limitations? Should I look for another brand & try to get one that's capable of doing more, but cheaper than an Ipod with equal capabilities? I think 120 songs will be enough, but I'm not sure what the Shuffle doesn't have that he may want. Please, be honest. As I mentioned, I'm clueless & need frank advice. TIA :)

kpgclark
10-30-2006, 07:03 PM
The warranty begins the day you purchase so you may want to wait until it is closer to Christmas to purchase so you can get closer to a year of service.

Liz
10-30-2006, 08:20 PM
Sorry to be dense, but what exactly does it mean when something is refurbished? Is it a returned item? Do they look new or will it look used, even if its "gently" used?

calie_j
10-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Thank you for posting this. DS has been dying for an ipod for over a year. I was able to talk H into it at this price tho it was really hard to resist upgrading. I ordered 2 thru the apple link on mypoints so I got rewards for buying it too, plus the rewards earned on the cc I charged it too. It's practically free this way :teacher: That's 2 santa gifts done for my teens.

Calie

jenr812
10-30-2006, 10:07 PM
Thank you for posting this. DS has been dying for an ipod for over a year. I was able to talk H into it at this price tho it was really hard to resist upgrading. I ordered 2 thru the apple link on mypoints so I got rewards for buying it too, plus the rewards earned on the cc I charged it too. It's practically free this way :teacher: That's 2 santa gifts done for my teens.

Calie
I like the way you think :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

jordansmomma
10-30-2006, 11:48 PM
Great I just ordered one for DS6, who has been asking for an iPOD or a cd player for Christmas. He tries to use his brothers NANO, but DS10 wont let him.
Thanks for the info!!

deide71
10-31-2006, 12:38 AM
I just ordered one for DD7 for Christmas. I have 45.00 in iTunes, so I think I'll load some songs in it before then.

Thanks for the link :thumbsup2 .

czycropper
10-31-2006, 07:46 AM
Mine have already shipped, YEAH!!!! :goodvibes

Mom2Ashli
10-31-2006, 07:58 AM
I have a question.

What is the difference between the Nano and the Mini? :confused3

Ilovemyprincesses
10-31-2006, 08:18 AM
Mine shipped and will be here tomorrow :thumbsup2

kilee
10-31-2006, 08:37 AM
Decisions, decisions. DS already has a pretty good MP3 player-----BUT of course an IPOD would be the "IN" thing to have. For that price it wouldn't be a bad back up. So, now I have to decide which route to go. :confused3

heathrow42
10-31-2006, 08:39 AM
I saw this deal on FatWallet a while ago, & have been debating on whether to get one for my DH. I'm clueless about MP3 Players. I'm just not that into music & have no desire to learn about them. :blush: I was afraid to ask questions on FatWallet. Some of those people can get mean. :o This is my safe place, so I'll ask you all. :teeth:

My DH has asked for a MP3 player for Christmas, but hasn't specified which one he wants. He doesn't really care which brand he gets. We bought our DS the 60gb Video, which is the only experience we've had with Ipods. While we splurge on our DS, we're very frugal when it comes to ourselves. We do like to get nice gifts for Christmas, even if it is a bit of a splurge. Getting a nice gift for a great price is even better. :thumbsup2 Anyway, do you think my DH would like the Shuffle or would he be disappointed in it's limitations? Should I look for another brand & try to get one that's capable of doing more, but cheaper than an Ipod with equal capabilities? I think 120 songs will be enough, but I'm not sure what the Shuffle doesn't have that he may want. Please, be honest. As I mentioned, I'm clueless & need frank advice. TIA :)

The shuffle doesn't have a screen.. it basically just has play, stop, forward and back. You can't see what song is coming up, and you can't visually scroll through a list to choose your song, you pretty much just have to take what comes and click through them to find what you want. It's pretty small, about the size of a stick of gum, which is nice for running, going to the gym, etc. The amount of memory it has, is pretty small compared to the others. 512 Meg is the small version, and 1 Gig is the larger version (1Gig is double the smaller one - it's not physically bigger.. just holds double the # of songs) 512 Mb and about 160 songs might sound like a lot, but it's about 10 cd's give or take.. and you might find yourself wanting to swap out what's on it pretty often.

The ipod mini came out several years ago.. personally, it was my favorite, and I might by a refurb'd one for the gym -- I gave my original one to my brother. Being a girl, it fit perfectly in my hand.. not too big, not too small, and had enough weight and width so you didn't feel afraid of breaking it, and it still fits in your pocket. They were the first to come out in colors, pink, silver, blue, and green. It has a screen, you can scroll through the list and pick and choose different songs, as well as has a shuffle function to randomly play a song. You can make playlists, say one for the gym, one for the car, one for Disney music etc. A 4 Gig mini holds about 4 times more music than the largest shuffle.

The nano is sort of the updated version of the mini. It's a little smaller, and much, much thinner. They now have them in different colors too. Has the screen, you can scroll through your music, shuffle songs, make play lists, etc. Fits in your pocket nicely. They have a 1 Gig nano, same size as the largest shuffle, a 2 Gig nano, double that, and a 4 Gig nano, which is double that and 4 times more space thant the largest shuffle.

The ipod video, can also play videos. You can download tv shows, music videos, video podcasts, etc. as well as play all the same music, scroll through your lists, shuffle songs, make playlists, etc. It's bigger than the nano and mini .. it's thicker too. It has 30 times more space than the largest shuffle, which means it can hold a lot of music, but that's also what lets it hold all the video. In my opinion it's a little too big for the gym, but is nice for the car (especially long car trips) or for folks who want to put their whole music collection on it, or as much as they can or really want to carry around a lot of music with them.

There are other differences too.. The shuffle and the I think the nano use a different type of media to hold the music, than the mini and the video. The shuffle and nano use a memory stick/card type thing, similar to what you put in your digital camera. The mini and the ipod video, use small harddrives. Both have pros and cons.. but if you plan to predominantly use it while you run, or think you will really be moving around a lot when you use it, consider getting the memory stick kind because there aren't the same moving parts that the read head has for the hard drive kind.

All that said.. think about how your husband would use it. If you think he'll just hit shuffle and only use it while he's jogging, get a shuffle. If you think he's the kind of guy who has eclectic music taste and would want to listen to rock-n-roll on his way to work, and r&b on his way home, get an ipod w/ a screen, so he can pick and choose. If you know he has a huge collection of music, get one w/ a bigger drive.

Hope this helps!!
--heather

Mom2Ashli
10-31-2006, 09:33 AM
The shuffle doesn't have a screen.. it basically just has play, stop, forward and back. You can't see what song is coming up, and you can't visually scroll through a list to choose your song, you pretty much just have to take what comes and click through them to find what you want. It's pretty small, about the size of a stick of gum, which is nice for running, going to the gym, etc. The amount of memory it has, is pretty small compared to the others. 512 Meg is the small version, and 1 Gig is the larger version (1Gig is double the smaller one - it's not physically bigger.. just holds double the # of songs) 512 Mb and about 160 songs might sound like a lot, but it's about 10 cd's give or take.. and you might find yourself wanting to swap out what's on it pretty often.

The ipod mini came out several years ago.. personally, it was my favorite, and I might by a refurb'd one for the gym -- I gave my original one to my brother. Being a girl, it fit perfectly in my hand.. not too big, not too small, and had enough weight and width so you didn't feel afraid of breaking it, and it still fits in your pocket. They were the first to come out in colors, pink, silver, blue, and green. It has a screen, you can scroll through the list and pick and choose different songs, as well as has a shuffle function to randomly play a song. You can make playlists, say one for the gym, one for the car, one for Disney music etc. A 4 Gig mini holds about 4 times more music than the largest shuffle.

The nano is sort of the updated version of the mini. It's a little smaller, and much, much thinner. They now have them in different colors too. Has the screen, you can scroll through your music, shuffle songs, make play lists, etc. Fits in your pocket nicely. They have a 1 Gig nano, same size as the largest shuffle, a 2 Gig nano, double that, and a 4 Gig nano, which is double that and 4 times more space thant the largest shuffle.

The ipod video, can also play videos. You can download tv shows, music videos, video podcasts, etc. as well as play all the same music, scroll through your lists, shuffle songs, make playlists, etc. It's bigger than the nano and mini .. it's thicker too. It has 30 times more space than the largest shuffle, which means it can hold a lot of music, but that's also what lets it hold all the video. In my opinion it's a little too big for the gym, but is nice for the car (especially long car trips) or for folks who want to put their whole music collection on it, or as much as they can or really want to carry around a lot of music with them.

There are other differences too.. The shuffle and the I think the nano use a different type of media to hold the music, than the mini and the video. The shuffle and nano use a memory stick/card type thing, similar to what you put in your digital camera. The mini and the ipod video, use small harddrives. Both have pros and cons.. but if you plan to predominantly use it while you run, or think you will really be moving around a lot when you use it, consider getting the memory stick kind because there aren't the same moving parts that the read head has for the hard drive kind.

All that said.. think about how your husband would use it. If you think he'll just hit shuffle and only use it while he's jogging, get a shuffle. If you think he's the kind of guy who has eclectic music taste and would want to listen to rock-n-roll on his way to work, and r&b on his way home, get an ipod w/ a screen, so he can pick and choose. If you know he has a huge collection of music, get one w/ a bigger drive.

Hope this helps!!
--heather

Wow. Thanks for the information, I do believe you answered my question also.

Tinkerbelle32
10-31-2006, 10:55 AM
Do you think the refurbished is the way to go for small children? I just called Apple and asked exactly what refurbished meant. He said basically it's a hit or miss. Either you will get a great one and have no problems or you may get one that has continuous problems. Honestly, with my luck it would probably be the latter. Anyone have any problems with their refurbished ipods?

momof2inPA
10-31-2006, 11:09 AM
It has a one year guarantee. I think that's long enough to get the problems worked out, and the Apple store is pretty close.

blessedby3
10-31-2006, 11:53 AM
When I spoke with them yesterday the lady said that you get the same warranty as a brand new one- one year- and that they completely go over them and make sure they are working and replace anything that needs to be before sending them out. I think that is a great warranty for a refurbished ipod.

Hedy
10-31-2006, 12:04 PM
Mine shipped! And I ordered it late (wanted to check w/DSIL)

carissanboys
10-31-2006, 12:17 PM
I ordered mine last night and it's already shipped :) Hoping to give it to dh for Christmas.

Genie600
10-31-2006, 04:09 PM
As I mentioned, I'm clueless & need frank advice. TIA :)The shuffle is the smallest ipod, and it doesn't have all the features of the full-fledged ipods. It doesn't have a screen, so you can't choose your music or set it up into "categories" like Rock and Country. It plays songs randomly. You can fast-forward through a certain song, but you can't easily find the one you're thinking of.

The shuffle (like the nano) has a flash-drive memory, which means it's a little "tougher" than the ipod or the mini. This makes the shuffle a better choice for someone who wants to run or exercise with their music. The ipod and the mini have something similiar to the hard-drive in your computer, and they could be damaged by the jarring movement of running.

The shuffle plugs directly into your computer (for loading songs); it is the only ipod that requires no cable connector. Music also uploads loads faster.

The shuffle lacks the "cool factor" that matters so much to tweens and teens. More accessories (covers, special ear plugs, etc.) are available for the larger ipods.

Overall, I'd suggest the shuffle for a child; a bigger, full-featured ipod for a teen or adult. I ordered one for my elementary school child, but not for my middle schooler.

Mad4Mickey
10-31-2006, 04:14 PM
I bought 7 : ) thanks for posting this !

I bought a couple of other Ipods also for my son and my daughter . The others willbe given out to kids at the battered womans shelter I adopt every year . So this is really wonderful for me and for them . THANKS again

Patnl34
10-31-2006, 04:39 PM
I cant buy one :guilty:

since I am from Holland, I had to check the dutch site.
they are not listed cheaper on there. not even the old models, sigh.
so no discount for me :sad2:

hmm, wonder if i can get one of my friends crazy enough to help out :rotfl:

it is great to see so many happy people though, cause these prices are pretty good!! great christmas presents!!

Greeting from Pat

tikilyn
10-31-2006, 05:12 PM
crap I wanted to get the 30 gb video ipod and they are sold out. Grrr shouldn't have waited. Do you all think they'll put up more?

chris1gill
10-31-2006, 05:59 PM
Just wanted to thank the OP for bringing this here.... I got a Nano & a Shuffle as Christmas presents for DD & DH :cool1:

Yardbird
10-31-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks for posting this, bought one for a Christmas gift! :thumbsup2

basketrn
10-31-2006, 07:18 PM
They are no longer on the website for 29.99

jenr812
10-31-2006, 07:35 PM
They are no longer on the website for 29.99
:( That stinks! I hate when I wait on something and then miss out.

rparmfamily
10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
Awwwwwwwwww crud!! I had to wait until DH got paid today. FUDGE!! I'm so mad!!

NeedaVacation03
11-01-2006, 05:46 AM
I just finished placing an order through the link at Fatwallet. I was able to get the shuffle for $29. I just ordered 2 of them. Happy shopping. :cool1:

sunshyne1023
11-01-2006, 06:17 AM
THANKS NEEDAVACATION!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I was kicking myself for not getting in ontime and just placed my order for 2 through the FATWALLET link as well!!! :banana:

Banana magic
11-01-2006, 07:00 AM
:cool1: I was looking for an Ipod (which she asked for) or Mp3 player for DD7 for Christmas. This one will be perfect. :thumbsup2 I also got one for DS5 since the price was right, and then got my free shipping too. :goodvibes These are just right for what I needed. Thanks to the OP!! :banana:

TnTWalter
11-01-2006, 07:18 AM
it worked!! Yipee....

I was debating between that and the Mix Stix because I had credit at Disney and it has the expandable memory slot but the low price won out...

Trish

txaggiemomof3
11-01-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks for posting about the FatWallet link! I just picked up one for my daughter. I'm going to get her an iDog to go with it too :) Saw one at Target yesterday and they're very cute!

disneyleslie
11-01-2006, 08:23 AM
Just ordered through the fatwallet link as well - thanks!!! I already have the confirmation.

Leslie

ameraumi
11-01-2006, 09:08 AM
I used the link and it still showed the Shuffle for $29. :confused3 I went ahead and got the 1G shuffle for $59 with free shipping! Can't beat that!

Soupermom
11-01-2006, 09:09 AM
Um...could someone post the fat wallet link or address please? Thanks!

NeedaVacation03
11-01-2006, 09:19 AM
www.fatwallet.com
I am glad it is helping people out.

txaggiemomof3
11-01-2006, 09:20 AM
Um...could someone post the fat wallet link or address please? Thanks!

I went to http://www.fatwallet.com/store.php?store=742 and clicked on the Apple Store homepage link. Then I went under Special Deals/Refurbished iPods and it was there. I'm not sure why it shows up under the Fat Wallet link and not if you just go to their page on your own??? Anyhow, I've gotten my order confirmation so hopefully it goes through :)

princessdaisy
11-01-2006, 09:33 AM
Just ordered on Apple website and got my confirmation for two shuffles :thumbsup2

leafette
11-01-2006, 09:34 AM
I was able to order one this morning by going through the Fatwallet link above.

~Debra

budbeerlady
11-01-2006, 11:18 AM
I just recieved my shuffle today, thanks O.P.!!!!!!!!

Hedy
11-01-2006, 11:29 AM
I just recieved my shuffle today, thanks O.P.!!!!!!!!
According to FedEX's site. Mine was too.

cruisnfamily
11-01-2006, 12:09 PM
It's back up on their website....without going through fat wallet. I just went through Upromise to order mine.

carissanboys
11-01-2006, 01:42 PM
I received mine from Fed Ex today too. If the box didn't say refurbished, you wouldn't even be able to tell. The packaging and everything looks brand new. Haven't tried it out yet though.

Maude4Disney
11-01-2006, 02:48 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was able to order from Apple yet this afternoon for DS. Thought I had missed out last night. Guess I won't wait to get DH's opinion on gifts anymore (especially such good deals).

Do have a question though, for those of you who have received yours already, how long did it take? I ordered standard shipping and we are leaving tomorrow for WDW, I don't want DS to be the one to get it in the mail if there's a chance of it getting here before we get back. tia

carissanboys
11-01-2006, 03:03 PM
I got mine in 2 days....ordered it on Monday and got it today (Wed.).

grumpy & dopeys mom
11-01-2006, 03:05 PM
I had two separate orders both ordered on October 30th. One arrived today and one is scheduled to arrive tomorrow. They ship by FedEx and you can track your order and find out when it will arrive. They will not leave it. It must be signed for. They look great.

4girlsmom
11-01-2006, 03:06 PM
I ordered 2. Called DH to ask whether we should order for DD, and he wanted one for himself, too. :thumbsup2

budbeerlady
11-01-2006, 03:15 PM
Thanks for posting this. I was able to order from Apple yet this afternoon for DS. Thought I had missed out last night. Guess I won't wait to get DH's opinion on gifts anymore (especially such good deals).

Do have a question though, for those of you who have received yours already, how long did it take? I ordered standard shipping and we are leaving tomorrow for WDW, I don't want DS to be the one to get it in the mail if there's a chance of it getting here before we get back. tia

My box didnt say apple or anything that would give it away, so you should be alright unless Ds opens everything you get. And the box was 10*6*2 so it wouldnt give away the contents.

MEG&MINNIE
11-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Thanks so much :woohoo: for letting all of us Disers in on this GREAT deal ! Just ordered 2 ...one for myself and one for DD10 (she'll be thrilled @ Christmas) !!! :thumbsup2

tarheelmjfan
11-01-2006, 04:30 PM
heathrow42 & Genie600,
Thanks so much for the info, & taking the time to explain the different systems so well. :thumbsup2 The van my DH drives for work doesn't have a CD player. He mostly wants one for that purpose. He may use it some while he works too. The Shuffle would be great for work, because it wouldn't matter as much if he broke it. I think he'll want to be able to choose songs though. A mini or Nano would probably suit all his needs better.

The Apple rep. saying refurbs are hit or miss has me a little leary. Is there another MP3 player I should consider that has similar capabilities to the mini or Nano, but I could buy new cheaper than I can get an Ipod? Thanks again :)

NeedaVacation03
11-01-2006, 07:19 PM
The Apple rep. saying refurbs are hit or miss has me a little leary. Is there another MP3 player I should consider that has similar capabilities to the mini or Nano, but I could buy new cheaper than I can get an Ipod? Thanks again :)

I think that you may be overthinking this. Between my sister and myself we have purchased 5 (not counting the ones that I ordered in the past 2 days)
2 of them have worked perfectly and 3 needed some help. We took them to the local Apple store and they either fixed it or replaced it right there. I can understand not wanting to drive a long way, but if you have an Apple store relatively close it is worth the drive. You can not beat the price on the refurbs.

tarheelmjfan
11-01-2006, 08:24 PM
I think that you may be overthinking this. Between my sister and myself we have purchased 5 (not counting the ones that I ordered in the past 2 days)
2 of them have worked perfectly and 3 needed some help. We took them to the local Apple store and they either fixed it or replaced it right there. I can understand not wanting to drive a long way, but if you have an Apple store relatively close it is worth the drive. You can not beat the price on the refurbs.

Thanks for the info. It is a great price. If he were buying it for himself, he'd probably go that route. We have an Apple store fairly close, but I'm not sure I want to buy a Christmas gift that has a 2 in 5 chance of being perfect. That's even less odds than I expected. :guilty:

sunshyne1023
11-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Needavacation: I bought 2 today and say they do not work perfectly, I just find a location and take it in and they fix it there or do I have to send them away? My closest is 2 hrs away? But I could turn it into a shopping trip..lol Thanks!!

rparmfamily
11-01-2006, 09:08 PM
I was able to order 2 of the $29 Shuffles!! Yeah, what great gifts!! WHOO HOOO!

billwendy
11-01-2006, 09:20 PM
great price - are they under any type of warrenty??? thanks!!!

also, can you use the teacher discount with it???

wendy

Liz
11-01-2006, 09:23 PM
Wendy, I think it says the warranty is one year.

If I were to pay full price for an Ipod nano I was thinking of getting my son's name and cell phone number engraved on the back in case he lost it. Would that be a good idea or a mistake, do you think?

TnTWalter
11-01-2006, 09:33 PM
too cute!

I bought it for my DD...can't believe it's the same price as her ipod! :O)

Hope they arrive in good condition.

Trish

cruisnfamily
11-01-2006, 09:40 PM
too cute!

TrishTarget has an ipod+purse on sale? What do you mean? Can you post a link?

NeedaVacation03
11-01-2006, 10:21 PM
Needavacation: I bought 2 today and say they do not work perfectly, I just find a location and take it in and they fix it there or do I have to send them away? My closest is 2 hrs away? But I could turn it into a shopping trip..lol Thanks!!

They were able to fix them on sight or they just replaced them with another one. They all carry a one year warranty so it was real easy to go into the store. The last two that my sister ordered for a friend worked great no problems, so we are going with the idea that these will be fine also. Dont fear it at all. Most people seem to have no problems with the refurb. ones. We just ran into a problem with the first couple. Can you tell we have good sized family by the number we have been purchasing? Either that or an IPOD obession ;)

txaggiemomof3
11-01-2006, 10:48 PM
too cute!

Trish

Are you talking about the iDog/purse combo? I saw this on the Target site today and was thinking about buying it. It's a great deal for 29.99!

czycropper
11-02-2006, 06:14 AM
I got mine last night and tested one of them. It's great!!!!!

OP - thanks so much for posting the link :cool1:

MrsPete
11-02-2006, 07:09 AM
One more thing about the shuffle vs. the ipod: The ipod can be used with a set of speakers, while the shuffle is only good with headphones.

leafette
11-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Mine has been shipped! Woo-hoo! :thumbsup2

carissanboys
11-02-2006, 07:35 AM
I'm confused with all of the terms. Isn't this one called an ipod shuffle?

pweyl36
11-02-2006, 08:34 AM
I just order one for dd9 for xmas.She has been asking for one,she will be so happy on xmas :goodvibes

tyboyz
11-02-2006, 08:37 AM
I'm confused about the suffle and speakers. I have always been able to hook up any MP3 player or CD player to a set of portable speakers using the headphone jack. What would make the suffle different?? Why couldn't it hook up to speakers thru the headphone jack??

This worries me because my daughter would definitely want to hook up this shuffle to her idog. Now I'm not sure whether I should get one.

momof2inPA
11-02-2006, 09:58 AM
I bought my son a shuffle during the summer at Best Buy, and it came with free speakers. So, if you want to buy the speakers by themselves, they must be cheap.

DVC'96
11-02-2006, 10:53 AM
Hi, I was thinking about getting a shuffle for my 8 yr old, she's the only one who doesn't have an MP# player. The rest of us have RIO's and we by the music from walmart.com. What I want to know is will she be able to put the mp3's we already have on her shuffle or can we only get the music from ITunes. I've heard the music is set up differently on the Ipods, but I don't know how that all works. Does anyone know?

tiff211
11-02-2006, 01:46 PM
My order just arrived..........THE BOX IS EMPTY!!! :furious:

I called Apple.com and they are putting a tracer on the item and within 72 hours will be sending me out another one!

madge
11-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Hi, I was thinking about getting a shuffle for my 8 yr old, she's the only one who doesn't have an MP# player. The rest of us have RIO's and we by the music from walmart.com. What I want to know is will she be able to put the mp3's we already have on her shuffle or can we only get the music from ITunes. I've heard the music is set up differently on the Ipods, but I don't know how that all works. Does anyone know?

what I think you'd have to do is burn a CD from the music service you use, then upload the CD to iTunes and download that onto the shuffle. Not sure if there's an easier way than that.

disneyleslie
11-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Can you hook the shuffle up to the idog or just to the headphones?

Thanks
Leslie

Hedy
11-02-2006, 02:54 PM
My order just arrived..........THE BOX IS EMPTY!!! :furious:

I called Apple.com and they are putting a tracer on the item and within 72 hours will be sending me out another one!
Wow-I'll have to check mine. :rolleyes:

budbeerlady
11-02-2006, 03:15 PM
what I think you'd have to do is burn a CD from the music service you use, then upload the CD to iTunes and download that onto the shuffle. Not sure if there's an easier way than that.

That is a good idea!

ameraumi
11-02-2006, 04:01 PM
One more thing about the shuffle vs. the ipod: The ipod can be used with a set of speakers, while the shuffle is only good with headphones.
That's not true. DS has a set of speakers that is made for the Shuffle. His old Shuffle worked great in it, so I know it can be hooked up to speakers.

bonzarella
11-02-2006, 04:47 PM
Got ours today :banana: Look new, hope they work like like that!

djbleach
11-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Got the 2 I ordered today. Put them in the USB port on the laptop and desktop and charged the battery for four plus hours.(instructions said too)
While I was charging the batteries I installed the Itunes CD rom.
Then I started uploading music from my CD's.
After I had about 73 songs downloaded, I Uploaded them to my new iPod Shuffle.
So far it's great! For the price, can't be beat.
To hook the shuffle up to any stereo, all that will be needed is the correct wires.
Radio Shack or even wall mart. It's the 1/8(i think) plug in adapter that has two RCA jacks . Plug it into the ipod, and then the rca into the stereo inputs.
Turn the volume up on the ipod/play/ then select whatever input on the stereo and music until the battery goes dead.
I wonder how long the battery will play before it needs to be charged?
Anyway.
So far I'm very pleased with this deal!!!

SalandJeff
11-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Thanks for posting this great deal! DH is getting this for xmas (plus one for me ;) ). We've purchased refurb cell phones and cameras in the past and never had a problem, so hoping this is the same.

blessedby3
11-03-2006, 05:37 AM
I dont know what is taking mine so long to get here (I ordered on 10/30), but the tracking information says it is supposed to come today. Looks like it is saying it will have to be signed for. Did you all have to sign for yours? I wont be here all day and I would hate to miss getting it today. Thanks for the help.

NeedaVacation03
11-03-2006, 05:42 AM
Yes, I had to sign for mine.
They came yesterday.

blessedby3
11-03-2006, 06:10 AM
Thanks, I hope it comes while I am home!

Banana magic
11-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Can you hook the shuffle up to the idog or just to the headphones?

Thanks
Leslie

Can anyone confirm this? Because I already have bought the I Dog at Costco and ordered the shuffle. Thanks. :)

minniemair
11-03-2006, 12:53 PM
Just clicked on the apple link and they say no more available. Boo Hoo. Sorry I missed this one. :sad2:

Lizzzys
11-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Keep checking back on their website because now it looks like they have the 30g Ipod Videos back again, and they were out of them a few days ago.
Liz

jeepgirl30
11-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Okay I got DD one for Christmas too!

If I download from itunes its .99 cents per song right? So to get 100 songs it will cost close to $100??? That seems a bit steep. Am I missing something?

GaMsStella2
11-03-2006, 01:13 PM
I ordered an ipod today what a great deal can anyone tell me how long it is taking you it to get it. We leave on the 9th hoping to take it with me on the trip. Thanks

carissanboys
11-03-2006, 01:44 PM
I got mine pretty fast...can't remember exactly how long but I'm sure you'll get it in time.

TnTWalter
11-03-2006, 01:44 PM
wanted to give heads up.

I got items for $2.97-$4.97...woo hoo!

Trish

minniemair
11-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Keep checking back on their website because now it looks like they have the 30g Ipod Videos back again, and they were out of them a few days ago.
Liz

Thanks for the tip. I'll try to check back often. :)

cruisnfamily
11-03-2006, 03:12 PM
wanted to give heads up.

TrishWhat kind of items did they have for the shuffle?

tarheelmjfan
11-03-2006, 03:25 PM

If I download from itunes its .99 cents per song right? So to get 100 songs it will cost close to $100??? That seems a bit steep. Am I missing something?

I know basically nothing about Ipods, but I do know she can download songs from CDs too. My DS has stacks of CDs. He's a collector & thinks he needs every CD his fav bands have ever made. :rolleyes: I don't think he's bought one song from Itunes & has hundreds on his Ipod. Hopefully, someone with more knowledge can help you out with more specific details.

carissanboys
11-03-2006, 03:53 PM
wanted to give heads up.

Trish

Is this at the store? I didn't see online.

txaggiemomof3
11-03-2006, 10:46 PM
Can anyone confirm this? Because I already have bought the I Dog at Costco and ordered the shuffle. Thanks. :)

How much was the iDog at Costco and was it part of a bundle? I bought the iDog/purse set at Target yesterday but didn't realize Costco carried them. Thanks!

Big V
11-04-2006, 05:40 AM
Just clicked on the apple link and they say no more available. Boo Hoo. Sorry I missed this one. :sad2:
Check again, they're back! :thumbsup2

Banana magic
11-04-2006, 07:51 AM
How much was the iDog at Costco and was it part of a bundle? I bought the iDog/purse set at Target yesterday but didn't realize Costco carried them. Thanks!

Got mine for $24.59. They were I Dog with the chill sweater set. They had white, black or pink I Dogs. :)

Banana magic
11-04-2006, 07:54 AM

I have an Ipod and I download songs from my Cds into Itunes and then transfer them into my Ipod. I have only ordered a handful of songs from Itunes for 99 cents. Should be the same for shuffle.

TnTWalter
11-04-2006, 09:35 AM
you can call yours first. I went to one and they didn't have any and I asked if they could check with others...he looked on his computer and told me where the biggest supply was so I'd have best luck there...I went and they had tons of shuffle stuff...the accessory for $2.97 has a docking station and something that lets you play off your stereo, rechargeable batters and a couple other things. So well worth it for me.

You might call first and ask.
Trish

willoughbyclan
11-04-2006, 10:09 AM
I ordered a pink IPOD mini for my 13 yr old dd, that takes care of (1) of the (3) items she wants for Christmas. The other two are a laptop computer and a new cell phone (razor, crazor? or sliver). The older our kids get the more expensive their gift requests become. :rolleyes: I plan to do an upgrade on our plan in early November to get her the phone, any suggestions on an inexpensive/dependable laptop?

By the way, FYI, I don't know if anyone else had delayed shipping on their order but my IPOD mini will not ship until 11/17 and arrival date is approx 11/27. Good thing I went ahead and ordered early.

bookgirl
11-04-2006, 10:23 AM

You don't have to download. Once you have itunes loaded you can play cds in your computer load them into itunes and then put them on your ipod. Give itunes cards (15 to 50 dollars) to download songs you can't get off cd. I've only downloaded about 14 songs all the other 200+ have come from cd I owned or from library cds. It's an easy inexpensive way to fill up on music, and you can save your downloads for the hard to find stuff (though I will tell you itunes does not have lots of music you would think it should).

Xcited4Disney
11-04-2006, 11:15 AM
The refurbished shuffle is back up on the site for $29. My dd uses my mini but last night it just died for some reason and of course it's a little over a year old. LOL. I was so happy this morning to see it's back on the site so I ran and bought one for her! :banana:

It's saying a delivery date at the end of November :confused3 I don't really mind since it's a XMAS gift.

HOGFAN
11-04-2006, 02:57 PM
thanks for the link, I have my eye on the nano.

Hygiene99
11-04-2006, 03:14 PM
I ordered a pink IPOD mini for my 13 yr old dd, that takes care of (1) of the (3) items she wants for Christmas. The other two are a laptop computer and a new cell phone (razor, crazor? or sliver). The older our kids get the more expensive their gift requests become. :rolleyes: I plan to do an upgrade on our plan in early November to get her the phone, any suggestions on an inexpensive/dependable laptop?

By the way, FYI, I don't know if anyone else had delayed shipping on their order but my IPOD mini will not ship until 11/17 and arrival date is approx 11/27. Good thing I went ahead and ordered early.

Dell factory outlet (http://outlet.us.dell.com/ARBOnlineSales/topics/global.aspx/arb/online/en/InventorySearch?c=us&cs=22&l=en&s=dfh)

Same warranty as a new one!

disneyleslie
11-04-2006, 04:16 PM
I just went to radio shack and the guy didn't know what I was talking about but while he was checking something I noticed they had one acessory pack left and it was marked down to 2.97 - he asked if I wanted to buy the warranty and of course I said no.

Leslie

funnygarcia
11-04-2006, 06:10 PM
The refurbished shuffle is back up on the site for $29.

Drat.. gone again!
Would love to have a another shuffle so youngest DS (10) could have his own.
Right now DH and I have shuffles (bought when they first came out) and DS (13) uses our old IPod (the bulky first or second generation version).
DS 10 has to share with DS 13 with a headphone splitter jack but they fight in the car over what to hear next :rolleyes: .

This small investment in another shuffle would be worth it to not hear them argue :rolleyes1

Going to check daily now :thumbsup2

I have paid very little for the 193 purchased songs I have on Itunes.
Lots of instant winner games , promos (buy 3 things of hair products and send in receipt get 10 songs free type), and other offers out there to get free songs. Plus they have a free song of the week.. most times it sucks but sometimes you get lucky and it becomes a popular song.
Plus tons of free podcasts to keep you entertained for years! There is an Official Disneyland Podcast made by Disney that is very good.
Plenty of others out there from professional and non professional sources ( The DIS has one!) that are well done as well.

krismom
11-06-2006, 09:18 AM
Drat! every time I check it's up to $59-
What's the deal?

Jim5150
11-06-2006, 09:40 AM
$59 is the 1GB Shuffle. The one for $29 was the 512MB.

Keep checking, they list on the site whenever they come available.

funnygarcia
11-06-2006, 09:45 AM
$59 is for the larger capacity shuffle, the $29 one is 512 mb.
I have the smaller shuffle and it suits me just fine to have my tunes when walking to work or exercising.

Did you know you can get free podcasts that have music to fit the length and intensity of your workout?
I like the Podrunner ones from dj steveboy, the lower beats per minute are ideal for walking.

Jim5150
11-07-2006, 08:18 AM
They are available again this morning!!!!

Refurbished 512mb Shuffle $29

http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=32DAAC51&nclm=Certified

Just ordered. Good Luck!!!

Beezle2
11-07-2006, 08:29 AM
[
Did you know you can get free podcasts that have music to fit the length and intensity of your workout?
I like the Podrunner ones from dj steveboy, the lower beats per minute are ideal for walking.>>>>

Where can I get those? I bought 2 Shuffles and I'm going to need tunes!!!

thanks!
alisa

SweetSpellsSweetie
11-07-2006, 08:41 AM
The ipod nano is also under $100 :thumbsup2

keishashadow
11-07-2006, 08:46 AM
Thanks! Got 2, one for me, one for middle DS (who has already destroyed an off brand).

Youngest bought himself a "regular" ipod, it had everything he needed to get set up...will these also be complete?

Can you use limewire (free shareware) for ipod downloads?

Jim5150
11-07-2006, 08:51 AM
These are complete with everything you need to get started.

I am unsure about the shareware issue.

I had also purchased 2 - 2GB Nanos from Apple refurbished for $99. They are great!

funnygarcia
11-07-2006, 08:52 AM
yeah! finally got to order one for DS 10 ... no more fighting over music choices with his 13 yo DB :woohoo:

keishashadow
11-07-2006, 08:56 AM
These are complete with everything you need to get started.

I am unsure about the shareware issue.

I had also purchased 2 - 2GB Nanos from Apple refurbished for $99. They are great!

thank you...forgot to post I got a ship by date of 11/17 - 11/22, "free" delivery by 11/21 - 11/30.

keep those bargins coming!

funnygarcia
11-07-2006, 10:09 AM
I like the Podrunner ones from dj steveboy, the lower beats per minute are ideal for walking.>>>>

Where can I get those? I bought 2 Shuffles and I'm going to need tunes!!!

thanks!
alisa

After you install Itunes, go to store, then podcasts, then in search box type podrunner.

Timmbco
11-07-2006, 10:48 AM
$29 shuffles GONE again! But I did get a few....now all I need if for the video ones to come back. :)

drgnfly30
11-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Had it in my cart but by the time I checked out, it was gone... I did get the $59 shuffle for DH....

pbharris4
11-07-2006, 01:27 PM
If what you want isn't there on the refub. site. keep checking back! It changes throughout the day. This a.m. they had minis (blue & green) a 30G video one, and the $29 512mb shuffle. I went out for 2 hrs, checked back and it's changed. Mini's are gone as is the $29 shuffle, but they have the 1gB shuffle for $59 and 2 and 4GB nanos.

I got DD (10) the new 2GB silver nano ($149) just because of the aluminum and longer battery), but I got DH the refurb. 4GG nano! He can buy all his own accessories!

pbharris4
11-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Forgot to mention that it said my ship dates for both of my orders were: 11/7to 11/8 and should arrive somewhere: 11/9 through 11/16.

cvrapclark
11-07-2006, 02:00 PM
What do you suggest on the video ones and what has been the price on those?

phisigprincess
11-07-2006, 02:13 PM
I just got my refurbed shuffle in the mail today - 2 days early. I'm going to have DH take a look at it to make sure it's ok, but then it's getting wrapped for my sister for Christmas.

TnTWalter
11-07-2006, 02:46 PM
Sunday's flyer has a coupon for this Friday only at 30% off making the total $179 for a brand 30G Video [normally $249].

Trish

NeedaVacation03
11-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Apple site is back up and running. The $29 shuffles are back for now!!!!!!!!!!

tarheelmjfan
11-08-2006, 11:15 AM
Sunday's flyer has a coupon for this Friday only at 30% off making the total $179 for a brand 30G Video [normally $249].

Trish

I wish I could find a deal like that! I'm leaning toward a Nano for my DH, & there's little difference in the Refurb vs. new price on the Apple site. :confused3 I'd get the Video, if I could get it for that price w/o a MIR. I hate having to deal with rebates. :sad2:

TnTWalter
11-08-2006, 12:49 PM
The boxes do say refurbished, but they're awesome. I loaded mine up with songs [it autofilled from our itunes...DH has the mini] this morning and took it to workout!

I'm giving one to DD [7.5] and keeping one for me...the other 2 will probably go to my dad and SIL...can't decide...

Trish

snowgooseltd
11-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Thanks for keeping this on the front page. I was just able to get three ipods for under $100.00. They'tr going to two young grandaughters and into my adult daughter's stocking. I'm psyched!!!

EpcotMatt
11-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Crud. I was looking to grab one of the $99 Nanos, but now they're gone. I guess I'll have to keep checking back. If anyone notices them back, could you post a message? Thanks.

tarheelmjfan
11-09-2006, 06:35 AM
Thanks for keeping this on the front page. I was just able to get three ipods for under $100.00. They'tr going to two young grandaughters and into my adult daughter's stocking. I'm psyched!!!

Nice stocking stuffer!!! I bet your DD loves you at Christmas time. :thumbsup2

tarheelmjfan
11-09-2006, 06:39 AM
Crud. I was looking to grab one of the $99 Nanos, but now they're gone. I guess I'll have to keep checking back. If anyone notices them back, could you post a message? Thanks.

They have the 2G Nano in White for $99 now. I'm looking for black, but thought I'd let you know in case you're looking for either color. My DH would have the white one looking horrible in no time. :rolleyes:

A Mickeyfan
11-09-2006, 06:47 AM
I just got my dd the white 2gig She said she would rather the 2 gig than the 4gig :confused3 Better for me :thumbsup2 I didn't get the extended warranty since it was more than half the price of the Ipod. Had I gotten the 4gig, I would have gotten it..

hsmamato2
11-09-2006, 06:50 AM
I'm excited! I got 2 shuffles, rather than the 1gb one, b/c this way we can all listen to something! the kids will be excited! I figured 2 smaller sized ones vs 1 larger = 2 people listening instead of just one at a time.... I've been wanting one for a while now!

TheRatPack
11-10-2006, 08:43 AM
Shuffles for 29.00 are back up for today. :)

soccermom5
11-10-2006, 09:31 AM
finally i got my shuffels :cool1:

chris1gill
11-10-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm looking for another 2 gig nano :( but they are out of stock at the moment...

arlenesp
11-10-2006, 10:04 AM
I was able to order 1 for myself Tuesday. Then my DD decided she needed to get 2 more for her kids. Finally this am at 6, I woke up for some odd reason and went to the computer and lo and behold! was able to grab 2 more. :thumbsup2
You have to be quick.I did go right back to sleep. Day off.......

My radio shack doesn't have the accessories on clearance for what I'm seeing others have been able to get.
Everything is 9.99. No bargain. Will have to keep my eyes open............

DonnaBelle06
11-10-2006, 11:34 AM
I just went and bought two of these for myself and my DH (to use when we start working out...after the holidays).

YIPEE!!!
Donna in Charlotte, NC

tinkamom
11-10-2006, 02:24 PM
Apple site is back up and running. The $29 shuffles are back for now!!!!!!!!!!

Can you post the link to this?

drgnfly30
11-10-2006, 02:38 PM
Can you post the link to this?
http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore.woa/wa/RSLID?mco=32DAAC51&nclm=Certified

tinkamom
11-10-2006, 02:43 PM

Thank you so much! Do they add new items frequently? I'd like to get a mini for DD but all they have now is a shuffle for $59 and a nano for $149. I'm pretty new at this so I'm not even sure what the mini should cost!

Xcited4Disney
11-10-2006, 03:11 PM
Thank you so much! Do they add new items frequently? I'd like to get a mini for DD but all they have now is a shuffle for $59 and a nano for $149. I'm pretty new at this so I'm not even sure what the mini should cost!

Yes, they add more as they receive them (or I guess refurbished them) so check back frequently. I don't remember right now how much the refurb minis costs.

Liz
11-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Those of you who have received your purchases, do they look new? Like presentable as gifts? I know the boxes say "refurbished" but other than that would they look new?

Thanks!

ErinC
11-10-2006, 10:39 PM
Those of you who have received your purchases, do they look new? Like presentable as gifts? I know the boxes say "refurbished" but other than that would they look new?

Thanks!

I got my 2 shuffles yesterday. I took them out of the box and they look brand new. DH and I both looked them over. All the items in the box are wrapped and you have the new set of ear buds. I almost wondered if they really are new ones that apple is just clearancing out since they have a new shuffle model. They small box does say refurbished, but that's it. I wouldn't hesitate to give it to anyone as a gift. Of course my DD10 wouldn't probably notice it anyway. ;) My DH has a 30GB ipod, so he is just going to load some of his music on theirs so they will have something to start with. I've been to 3 radio shacks in my area and haven't been able to find any cases on clearance. I may resort to ebay in a couple of days.

tarheelmjfan
11-11-2006, 12:05 PM

Thanks!

To solve the problem of the box saying Refurbished, make a gift bag. Buy some of the cheap accessories to add to it & maybe a couple I-tunes cards. Make the Ipod the centerpiece, & arrange the accessories around it. Hide any pertinent info that comes in the box (i.e. warranty, instructions, etc.) underneath the contents in the bag. You can do that with tissue or shredded paper. The recipient will never know it wasn't in a regular box.

S. C.
11-11-2006, 12:47 PM
To solve the problem of the box saying Refurbished, make a gift bag. Buy some of the cheap accessories to add to it & maybe a couple I-tunes cards. Make the Ipod the centerpiece, & arrange the accessories around it. Hide any pertinent info that comes in the box (i.e. warranty, instructions, etc.) underneath the contents in the bag. You can do that with tissue or shredded paper. The recipient will never know it wasn't in a regular box.
Great idea. :thumbsup2

I just ordered 2 of them. One for myself & one for a christmas gift for my 14 yr old Grandson.

DisneyMomOK
11-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the great post. I was going to order three to put in Xmas stockings (everyone has an ipod, but these are such a good deal) and decided at the last minute to make it 4. What great little gifts!

Sharon

maggiew
11-11-2006, 01:18 PM
wanted to give heads up.

Trish

Thanks. I got the 5 in 1 accesory kit for $2.97!!! Yay!

I also got the clip at Target, but my Target had them priced at $6.98. I still bought it because I figured no other chance to get accessories that fit this size shuffle.

My Radio Shack also had a docking station for the shuffle on clearance. But since I got the 5 in 1 accessory that docks the shuffle too, I didn't bother.

Thanks for all the great ideas. My niece is going to be so excited at Christmas.

Maggie

lchadwick
11-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I just went on ebay and got 2 rainbow skins with clips and armbands for under $12. I was happy with that deal - and I bet my DD will be, too!

HappyCamperToo
11-14-2006, 09:09 AM
I know I'm such an idiot about this--coming to the Ipod game so late.... PLEASE HELP!! All DD14 has asked for is an Ipod Nano.

We have a Dell PC. Ipods work with Windows, right?

Do I need to buy other accessories to make it work? The used Ipod site mentions needing Itunes software--but that comes with, right? What's this docking station I read about? Skin? Clip? Other things necessary? :confused3

She's got a bunch of songs on her MP3 player (no mom, that's not good enough now, I want an Ipod). Can they be transfered over, or do we have to re-buy them all??

Should I get the refurbished 4GB they have for $149, or hang on and wait for a 2 GB or 1 GB to possibly be offered at a lower price??

I feel so technically challenged. Would someone PLEASE help me understand this?

Thanks so much. :goodvibes

Liz
11-14-2006, 08:09 PM
I know I'm such an idiot about this--coming to the Ipod game so late.... PLEASE HELP!! All DD14 has asked for is an Ipod Nano.

We have a Dell PC. Ipods work with Windows, right?

Do I need to buy other accessories to make it work? The used Ipod site mentions needing Itunes software--but that comes with, right? What's this docking station I read about? Skin? Clip? Other things necessary? :confused3

She's got a bunch of songs on her MP3 player (no mom, that's not good enough now, I want an Ipod). Can they be transfered over, or do we have to re-buy them all??

Should I get the refurbished 4GB they have for $149, or hang on and wait for a 2 GB or 1 GB to possibly be offered at a lower price??

I feel so technically challenged. Would someone PLEASE help me understand this?

Thanks so much. :goodvibes

I'm pretty much in the same situation as you are except we don't already have an MP3 player. But we have a Dell PC, etc. so I have a lot of the same questions you do.

I want to buy the 4GB Nano but I need two of them for both of my teens. I decided to not buy the refurbished ones but when I put them in my shopping cart with two I-tunes gift cards the total stopped me in my tracks! So I'm back to trying to decide.

I have heard that these things don't go on sale. The only way to get them cheaper is if some place has a deal like you get a gift certificate with purchase, something like that. Good luck with your purchase!

Gymbomom
11-14-2006, 08:18 PM
Well, I bought 2 today, one for me one for dd, she wanted something, and I think she will be very happy with this.

Thanks for posting!!! :)

HappyCamperToo
11-14-2006, 09:09 PM
DD just told me that what she likes about the nano (from playing with her friend's) is that she can go straight to a song. Apparently her mp3 player has a very slow way of scrolling. So it isn't the "Ipod" name that she wants, just a specific feature. I can understand that. I'm going to check a different discussion board to see if some of those technical experts might be able to give me some recommendations for a less expensive MP3 player, maybe one on sale on Black Friday, that will do what she wants and still play the .wma files she bought at walmart.com. Good luck, Liz.

BeccaGrace
11-15-2006, 03:49 AM
I'm on the East Coast and have been checking daily for the $29 Shuffle for my mom & I for Christmas and I finally hit it this morning at 4:30...wanted to share in case any other DISers are up Christmas shopping at this hour of the day:)

Catrin
11-15-2006, 04:37 AM
Thank you for the update!

I had been checking everyday for the past week for the 2G Nano for $99.00 - they are there too!!

I bought two of them.... one for DS, and one for DH for Christmas!

Catrin

mepperson
11-15-2006, 05:25 AM
I just bought 3 of the 2G Nanos. Santa is bringing one to each of us :)

Get them fast. Good luck.

luvtogo12
11-15-2006, 06:38 AM
Thank you so much....finally grabbed one. DS11 will be thrilled. :cool1: :cool1:

Xcited4Disney
11-15-2006, 06:46 AM
They have a lot of refurbs on the site this morning. I'm aching to get the 3ogb Video Ipod for $179!!!!!!!!! They have it in black or white. :blush:

EpcotMatt
11-15-2006, 09:17 AM
Lucky me. Been checking this thread regularly, saw the $99 Nano's were back, went to the sight, put 1 in my cart, typed in my cc info, was checking out, & got a message there were no more in inventory. A mere matter of minutes from when I placed it in my cart until check-out. Oh well, guess I'll just keep checking.

mimif1
11-15-2006, 11:08 AM
Yea! I finally got two of the $29 ipods. I've been checking several times a day since I first saw the post and none have been there until today! Thanks. :cool1: